System wars Lounge V89: (Chicken Salt edition)

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#251 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

@Macutchi: I agree about the political tribalism. It's a cancer to society.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#252  Edited By Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10549 Posts

@jaydan: i'd have thought that would've made americans more unhappy. from the various media outlets we see over here they paint a picture of a very divided society, with some very, very angry and obstinate people, but you score fairly highly in the happiness table. the good weather must compensate well for all the political warring

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#253 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Be glad your spawn point wasn't there.

Loading Video...
jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254  Edited By jaydan
@Macutchi said:

@jaydan: i'd have thought that would've made americans more unhappy. from the various media outlets we see over here they paint a picture of a very divided society, with some very, very angry and obstinate people, but you score fairly highly in the happiness table. the good weather must compensate well for all the political warring

The trick is to not bow down to the political vernacular that has made people miserable. Just look at all the political junkies on this website: do any of them come off as remotely happy, or do they angry post most of the time?

Case and point: politics has a way of fisting it's way into conversation, often inappropriately. Telling those people to **** off usually makes them angry, and that anger always leaves with them and not me.

Problem solved.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255  Edited By hardwenzen

Loved that damn movie. Haven't seen it in ages.

Loading Video...
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#256  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6700 Posts

Good video.

Loading Video...

EDIT: Hey @jayden a funny coincidence with this video, he's a balding Nintendo fan lol.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257 jaydan

@last_lap said:

Good video.

Loading Video...

EDIT: Hey @jayden a funny coincidence with this video, he's a balding Nintendo fan lol.

You can't even spell my name right to properly tag me in a post.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258 Last_Lap

@jaydan: LOL I didn't take any notice, sorry about that jayden 😁

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259  Edited By jaydan
@last_lap said:

You're just jealous because I'm more attractive than you.

You just can't look this good when you're on that Sonic Speed, bro.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Last_Lap

@jaydan: Is that a self pic? I think you should just shave it and be done with it.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261 jaydan

@last_lap said:

@jaydan: Is that a self pic? I think you should just shave it and be done with it.

Stay jealous, you wretched Sonic Speed addict.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#262 Last_Lap

@jaydan: If you say Mario Shroom man.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#263  Edited By jaydan
@last_lap said:

@jaydan: If you say Mario Shroom man.

Bro, anyone that knows anything knows that Sonic Speed is worse than Mario Gooms. Like Mario Gooms is a ticket to la la land and you're fine the next day.

Sonic Speed on the other hand, you see those people on the streets, homeless.

The detrimental effects of Sonic Speed is way worse than Mario Gooms.

I'll see you when you're in a cardboard box on the street corner, and I'll throw you a sandwich.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 Last_Lap

@jaydan: You really are committed to this drug shitposting aren't you 🤣

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 jaydan

@last_lap said:

@jaydan: You really are committed to this drug shitposting aren't you 🤣

This is what you look like after an hour since your last Sonic Speed.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#266 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

Welp, the OG Red Ranger Austin St. John went off the deep end.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Last_Lap

@jaydan: Talk to me when shrouds wear off.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#268 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70393 Posts

@jaydan said:
@last_lap said:

The zoom in on the bald head is golden. Who is that anyway?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#269 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59318 Posts

That's one of the things like about Bruce Willis and Jason le_Stathom, they never hid their baldness.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 jaydan

@Pedro said:
@jaydan said:
@last_lap said:

The zoom in on the bald head is golden. Who is that anyway?

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 uninspiredcup  Online

Popcorn girl was alright.

CaseyWegner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 CaseyWegner
Member since 2002 • 70114 Posts

@jaydan: I can't tell if that is cute or terrifying.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#274 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25059 Posts

Tried Dark forces remastered and they nailed it unlike Tomb raider.

despite Dark force is incredibly old game. older than Quake but remaster manage to be very playable today with complete KB/M support and smooth and crisp controlling. this is how you do remaster.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@ghosts4ever said:

despite Dark force is incredibly old game. older than Quake but remaster manage to be very playable today with complete KB/M support and smooth and crisp controlling. this is how you do remaster.

Tomb Raider is objectively a superior remaster. Esp with the latest patch.

It's also not £25 for a 4.5 hour game.

Nightdive immediately on joining Atari doubled the price of their titles. Though sure didn't buy either. (very disrespectful)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Pedro

@uninspiredcup: I finished TR yesterday and I am glad I missed it when it was released.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#278  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Pedro: Not sure why you're telling me this. Suppose to be a "I'm Spartacus" type thing? I mean, if you don't like it, don't finish it, refund it. Pretty dumb on your end.

It's a objectively better remaster. It has more work put into it. It's better priced. Nightdive has doubled the price of their remasters with less effort.

The Quake: I/II Remaster itself was completely free if you owned the originals, which much like Dark Forces was a poor OG version.

Both these games are £7.99 with all the original mods, including additional expansion sized content. Including QOL improvements across the board..

Dark Forces is a 4.5 hour game, with less effort than all of these, with a 212.77% price difference.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Pedro

@uninspiredcup said:

@Pedro: Not sure why you're telling me this. Suppose to be a "I'm Spartacus" type thing? I mean, if you don't like it, don't finish it, refund it. Pretty dumb on your end.

It's a objectively better remaster. It has more work put into it. It's better priced. Nightdive has doubled the price of their remasters with less effort.

The Quake: I/II Remaster itself was completely free if you owned the originals, which much like Dark Forces was a poor OG version.

Both these games are £7.99 with all the original mods, including additional expansion sized content. Including QOL improvements across the board..

Dark Forces is a 4.5 hour game, with less effort than all of these, with a 212.77% price difference.

My bad. I thought this was a forum for discussing things. I play a lot of games I don't like, that is how you find out what games I like and don't like.🤷🏽‍♂️

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Tomb Raider is objectively a superior remaster. Esp with the latest patch.

It's also not £25 for a 4.5 hour game.

Nightdive immediately on joining Atari doubled the price of their titles. Though sure didn't buy either. (very disrespectful)

Dark force is superior to any of TR game and now making it free mouse look and improved controls more worth than overrated TR games.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#281 Last_Lap

Got home for lunch and had some packages on the veranda, brought them inside and opened them. Got to the last one and it had Animal Crossing in it. I don't own a Switch and can't figure out how it was sent to me as the tracking number doesn't match up with any of my Ebay orders lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

Got home for lunch and had some packages on the veranda, brought them inside and opened them. Got to the last one and it had Animal Crossing in it. I don't own a Switch and can't figure out how it was sent to me as the tracking number doesn't match up with any of my Ebay orders lol.

Sent it to you. Its a great game for women, so hopefully you enjoy it.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#283  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
@ghosts4ever said:

Dark force is superior to any of TR game and now making it free mouse look and improved controls more worth than overrated TR games.

While I'm very happy you're bowled over by mouse-look, this is something that's existed for years, for free, by modders. It's not something I'd pay £25.

Indeed, even by that very argument, you're making an admission of bad game design. Doom didn't require it, because the game was designed around the controls. Even when it's now the norm to have it modded in with stuff like ZDoom, it's something you can pretty much wholly ignore. Similar to Tomb Raiders tile design, it's designed around it. Doom is in essences a top down shooter in 3D.

It isn't until about Quake 2 that it becomes more vertically emphasized. Even Quake is treated the same when it's a viable option.

Dark Forces had look up/down but by your praise, it was bad. Silky smooth, crisp "oh they fixed it".

Ironically again, this is also something Tomb Raider does better, as it's a slower paced game where the camera will either automatically lock to important information as a hint to the player, 100% change to a fixed view, or simply allow them to use a dedicated look button that is a feature still used today in games.

Secondly, if anything this is overrated. It was superseded prior to release (Doom) and immediately afterword's with the likes Duke3D, Blood and Shadow Warrior, Outlaws, Hexen II etc... including it's own sequels, which is what it is primarily remembered for.

In fact, if you removed the Starwars name attached, we probably wouldn't be talking about it. Not the case with Tomb Raider. Like Doom, that created clones and it's DNA is felt today.

Even before Tomb Raider was released said the controls would not work with modern controls, because it's a tile based game with slower paced gameplay. And my friend, remarkably, incredibly, impressively, I was right. It was a problem that didn't require fixing, and was simply there because of disgusting dummies.

Ironically again, Tomb Raiders control scheme is signicantly more precise. It's literally impossible to fall off a ledge or miss a jump unless you're a game journo. Slow walk removes the ability entirely to fall off a ledge, and a simple back jump + run jump will always have the player hit the target no matter what. It's in the tutorial, which is pretty crazy.

This problem of ice-skating in FPS exists for... literally decades. Reason Xen in Halflife is the most hated level. Some FPS somewhere that fixed it, but can't be bothered thinking or googling.

On another note as well, I absolutely hate what they done to the visuals. It's actually not AI, but it's so bad it 100% looks like someone tapped an automated AI button.

Tomb Raider (1) especially was an ugly as hell game. Each iteration upgraded the visuals signicantly within the confines of the hardware, but once play the Remaster visuals, aside from dumb shit like water effects and 1-2 diminished areas due to lighting (i.e you can't see shit in the unknown) won't ever return to the original version.

Even just the guns don't look right now.

Reminds me of those Oblivion mods where you'd have a high res large titted anime elf walking around where it's completely mismatched with the environment. Even the UI there is annoying me.

Totally souless. The only people who would like this are people who have no semblance of art direction.

Overall, better off just modding the OG if plan to play it again. At least they didn't pull a Rockstar/Sega and delist it to try funnel the players.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: You're the only chick I know on this forum, I'm glad you enjoy the game, owever I've found how it was sent to me and it will be sent right back.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: You're the only chick I know on this forum, I'm glad you enjoy the game, owever I've found how it was sent to me and it will be sent right back.

I heard the Aussie man is very feminine, some call em femboys, so i thought of you, and sent you the game instead of Suicide Squad. Be grateful.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Everyone knows the manliest men live in Australia, Canadians might be what you call femboys.

You do come across as a frustration woman at times 😁

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Everyone knows the manliest men live in Australia, Canadians might be what you call femboys.

With our -40C temps here, no such thing as femboys. Your beaches attract femboys from all over the world, and they live there. I saw a studie saying that 87% of Australian men is at least tempted to become a femboy. Especially those that are into gaming.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

With our -40C temps here, no such thing as femboys. Your beaches attract femboys from all over the world, and they live there. I saw a studie saying that 87% of Australian men is at least tempted to become a femboy. Especially those that are into gaming.

You don't even have the faintest idea of what a man or a women is, I still remember you posting that dude from Dubia in the lounge thinking it was a women.

I have never heard of a femboy before you mentioned it, you have some weird fetishes dude. You should get outside and look and touch some grass.

Even our old men are too mainly for the likes of Canadians boys like you.

Loading Video...
Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By Last_Lap

This is sooooo funny 🤣

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

You don't even have the faintest idea of what a man or a women is, I still remember you posting that dude from Dubia in the lounge thinking it was a women.

I have never heard of a femboy before you mentioned it, you have some weird fetishes dude. You should get outside and look and touch some grass.

Even our old men are too mainly for the likes of Canadians boys like you.

Loading Video...

This is literally every Aussie in one. You might not agree with this, but as someone who sees the whole picture, this is truly your average Aussie femboy.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Ghosts4ever

@last_lap said:

This is sooooo funny 🤣

Loading Video...

Cody rhodes is terrible terrible character. he cried like baby. would you imagine in Attitude era Stone cold steve Austin cried?

when he get pissed he stunned out of anyone.

wrestling today suck so much LOL!!,

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

Stone Cold bit of a premadonna IRL.

When he wasn't getting the respect he wanted he done a no-show because didn't want to lose to Brock Lesnar.

Much later, he met Rowdy Rody Piper on a podcast asking like they were best buds, and then shortly after got Piper fired from his podcast because a guy was on it making fun of him.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

AmazeBalls!!! :D

Loading Video...

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

Stone Cold bit of a premadonna IRL.

When he wasn't getting the respect he wanted he done a no-show because didn't want to lose to Brock Lesnar.

Much later, he met Rowdy Rody Piper on a podcast asking like they were best buds, and then shortly after got Piper fired from his podcast because a guy was on it making fun of him.

talking about character. he is single best character WWE created and also GOAT pro wrestler.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

the day this man retire from professional wrestling was death of wrestling.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@ghosts4ever: He is a good character yes, the basic concept is a ripoff of Gladiator. Humble warrior under the foot of petulant emporer.

The character of Vin... well, not really a character is it?

Having said that put Mankind and Undertaker above him. Although it doesn't really fly now like th eold days Undertaker had probably the greatest gimmick in Wrestling, and it wasn't just the gimmick, it was him selling it.

Mick Foley as well, had several characters but Mankind fit in with Undertaker perfectly as his nemesis.

That cage match is still probably fav match. Mick Foley was in a literal sense risking his life to entertain people.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 Pedro

@SecretPolice: Very cool stuff.Reminds me of the game Cocoon.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#297 uninspiredcup  Online

Was never that big on The Crow, but did love the visuals and atmosphere. This looks like the most generic visually bland shit they could cook up.

Loading Video...

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#298  Edited By Last_Lap

@ghosts4ever said:@last_lap said: This is sooooo funny 🤣

Cody rhodes is terrible terrible character. he cried like baby. would you imagine in Attitude era Stone cold steve Austin cried?

when he get pissed he stunned out of anyone.

wrestling today suck so much LOL!!,

Look i'm one of the biggest Stone Cold fans there is, loved the attitude era, still the best era in Wrestling. However things change, and when they did, I lost interest in Wrestling for the first time in 30yrs. I stopped watching it for about 5yrs.

Cody Rhodes among a few other Wrestlers got me watching it again. So what if he had a little cry when talking about his mum & dad. I get that you're from some middle eastern (or whatever) country where men haven't caught up to their emotions yet (you do like Doom guy, and John Wick, Robocop emotionless characters) so it comes as no surprise you don't like anyone crying. But if you know the story of his family and what happened to his father Dusty Rhodes you would understand the story and where its going.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#299 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I knew you would have a saved photo of your man crush. And it didn't even take much prodding to get you to post it 🤣🤣🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#300 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I knew you would have a saved photo of your man crush. And it didn't even take much prodding to get you to post it 🤣🤣🤣

Bet you just saved it in your folder🤗