Team Ninja Wants to Make Another Metroid?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

http://www.vg247.com/2012/08/17/metroid-team-ninja-wants-to-work-with-nintendo-again-hayashi/

"Unfortunately Metroid is kind of out of our league as its Nintendos game, but were still in close touch with co-creator Sakamoto-san, so we want to do something with him moving forward definitely. It really depends on what he wants to do with the game first."

--

I say this is likely to happen because there's no internal Nintendo team to spare for a niche game like Metroid, I liked Other M, it's not Prime but better than nothing.

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
Jolt_counter119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Jolt_counter119
Member since 2010 • 4226 Posts

No...hell no!

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SuperFlakeman

Other M was awful, the world doesn't need a follow-up. Hayashi should stick to what he knows, making sure Tina's breasts bounce accurately.

Slashkice

I doubt it'll be Other M 2 in terms of game design with the gamepad and all, and since the series appeals more to western gamers, they will probably cut the anime-ish look and the out there dialogue.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#5 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

as soon as I came into this thread I knew people would go "NO NO!"

Other M was good. Maybe this time they'll put some better use to the platforming.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

http://www.psu.com/a016587/Team-Ninja-goes-hands-on-with-breasts-to-create-the-cutest-chicks-in-videogames

http://kotaku.com/5935278/team-ninja-explains-how-it-researched-breast-physics-hands-on

Looking forward to their next wonderful work :).

[spoiler] Nope! [/spoiler]

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Other M was awful

Slashkice

I seriously wonder if I played the same game as others when they say this.
The game was fun and well made on nearly all fronts BUT the characters and dialogue. Those were bad, or rather not fitting for a metroid game.
Id like another Other M structured Metroid but with Team Ninja no where near the story and characters. Other M couldve been amazing if it wasnt for them.

Razor_defiace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Razor_defiace
Member since 2004 • 1618 Posts

If the story and characters are handled by the creators of Metroid, and not Team ninja. Why not make a sequel?

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

Other M wasn't terrible, but there were some big flaws that TN would need to fix before I buy another one of their Metroid games

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SuperFlakeman

I just realized you could do some amazing things with the other M template combined with the gamepad. For instance the "scan the environment" sections and 1st person mode could be done with the gyro sensor, much like how it's used in OoT 3D but you could also look around you 360 degrees in space, spherical view I think it was called. It is a much smoother process than turning the wiimote from sideways position.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts
Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#12 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

I still gotta play the Other M...

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it. Bread_or_Decide

That wasn't Team Ninja, it was Nintendo's own Sakamoto that made the horrible plot.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#14 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41596 Posts

Metroid fanbases reaction: NOOOOO!

As for me on Other M, well, I've said my share on the game. It's a flawed, but still decent experience.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it. FireEmblem_Man

That wasn't Team Ninja, it was Nintendo's own Sakamoto that made the horrible plot.

I think he means other storylines by TN, like Ninja Gaiden. Granted this is a Metroid thread, but still, Bread's statement was quite vague, so it could have meant anything.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendoboy16

If the story and characters are handled by the creators of Metroid, and not Team ninja. Why not make a sequel?

Razor_defiace
The story was done by one of the original Metroid creators, Yoshio Sakamoto.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Nooooooooo... I don't blame the first one, it seemed like a great idea. But it just didn't work out. Give to a new studio. Kojima Productions maybe :P

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts
God i hope not.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

No. Team Ninja just needs to stop making games. Or at least make a new IP as to not further tarnish cIassic series like Ninja Gaiden and Metroid.

Other M wasnt terrible like so many claim, but it was pretty lame for a Metroid title.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Team ninja is a shadow of what it was before the departure of itagaki. Ninja Gaiden 3 was a travesty. They would only ruin the metroid franchise.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
No, please no. Other M was awful, all thanks to Team Ninja.

If a new Metroid game should be made it better be handled by Retro Studios or the studios that made the 2D Metroid games.
Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

Team ninja is a shadow of what it was before the departure of itagaki. Ninja Gaiden 3 was a travesty. They would only ruin the metroid franchise. sirk1264

Yeah a lot of people hate on Itagaki, but the man worked wonders with Ninja Gaiden. Really a great designer. Hyashi is just a little b*tch by comparison.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
All Other M needed was better world design and layout. Everything else was definitely good for the Metroid series (including the narrative and exposition). If Nintendo doesn't have anyone else working on a new Metroid, I say give Team Ninja another go... but at the very least, give them some more solid support when it comes to making it Metroid rather than Ninja Gaiden in space. And don't let Sakamoto write the dialogue.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#24 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
The awful elements in Other M came from Sakamoto, not Team Ninja. If Team Ninja can make a Metroid game by itself, it would probably turn out better. Then again, I really don't want to take that chance.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Bread_or_Decide

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it. FireEmblem_Man

Gosh those people at Nintendo don't know crap about story telling then.
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bread_or_Decide
The awful elements in Other M came from Sakamoto, not Team Ninja. If Team Ninja can make a Metroid game by itself, it would probably turn out better. Then again, I really don't want to take that chance. charizard1605
Well if the NG games are any indication they too cannot tell a proper story to save their lives. Metroid should go back to quiet exploration with minimal story telling elements.
Avatar image for GulliversTravel
GulliversTravel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GulliversTravel
Member since 2009 • 3110 Posts
Other M really isnt that bad, i really liked it. In fact i was surprised how good it turned out to be despite coming from a third-rate Team Ninja.
1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#28 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts
Team Ninja's additions to Other M were arguably the best parts of the game. It was the story (directed by Sakamoto) that brought the game down as a whole. I'd like to see Team Ninja have another go at Metroid, really. Just keep the story to a minimum and put all the focus on making a fun 3rd-person Metroid game.
Lems_R_Tools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Lems_R_Tools
Member since 2012 • 247 Posts
God i hope not. Heil68
Why? have you even played the game or are you just jumping on the "Other M is Awful" bandwagon?
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Metroid Other M wasn't as bad as everybody made it out to be, but it deifinitely seemed horrible because it had to be held up to the Metroid franchise. I really do hope that Retro Studios does at least one more Metroid Prime especially after the cliff hanger they left us at the end of Corruption.

Avatar image for GreenFalcon5267
GreenFalcon5267

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 GreenFalcon5267
Member since 2005 • 584 Posts

Hmmm, Other M wasn't that bad, but god I hope nintendo don't let them get hold of the franchise again.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 nintendoboy16

Metroid Other M wasn't as bad as everybody made it out to be, but it deifinitely seemed horrible because it had to be held up to the Metroid franchise. I really do hope that Retro Studios does at least one more Metroid Prime especially after the cliff hanger they left us at the end of Corruption.

Pikminmaniac
I can tell you that "cliff hanger" isn't going to be going into be in a Prime game again. Honestly, Retro Studios needs to MOVE ON from Metroid, and their work on Donkey Kong proves that.
omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts
Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it. Bread_or_Decide
That really summarizes all my hate for their games' stories ... well said indeed.
IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 IAmNot_fun
Member since 2010 • 3336 Posts
Going by their recent accomplishment known as Ninja Gaiden 3, I strongly hope Hayashi would stay the f*ck away from Metroid. Go make DOAX3 or some Dynasty Warriors game or something.
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

No thanks, I don't like Metroid Gaiden.

Just let Retro make a Metroid Prime 4 for the Wii U (with Metroid Hunters style arena MP deathmatching) and let the team that made Metroid Fusion make Metroid V for the 3DS.

miriPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 miriPlays
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Other M was awful

Shirokishi_

The game was fun and well made on nearly all fronts BUT the characters and dialogue. Those were bad, or rather not fitting for a metroid game.
Id like another Other M structured Metroid but with Team Ninja no where near the story and characters. Other M couldve been amazing if it wasnt for them.

I didn't like the controls and the combat fluctuated between mindlessly automated and awkward. I want a Metroid game more akin to Halo 4.
Some-Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37 Some-Mist
Member since 2009 • 5631 Posts
I'd probably play it.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Pikminmaniac

Just let Retro make a Metroid Prime 4 for the Wii U (with Metroid Hunters style arena MP deathmatching) and let the team that made Metroid Fusion make Metroid V for the 3DS.

nameless12345

Get that crap outa here! :P

Putting multiplayer in a Metroid game is a breach of the series' essence.

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 IAmNot_fun
[QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

[QUOTE="Slashkice"]

Other M was awful

miriPlays

I didn't like the controls and the combat fluctuated between mindlessly automated and awkward. I want a Metroid game more akin to Halo 4.

You want what?
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Pikminmaniac

[QUOTE="miriPlays"][QUOTE="Shirokishi_"]

IAmNot_fun

You want what?

It's simple, he wants a Metroid game more akin to Halo 4 which is a Halo game more akin to Metroid Prime.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

Pikminmaniac

Get that crap outa here! :P

Putting multiplayer in a Metroid game is a breach of the series' essence.

It must have something to attract the Halo/CoD crowd ;)

I don't think MP Hunters was that bad.

Just the aiming was a little clunky.

IAmNot_fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 IAmNot_fun

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"][QUOTE="miriPlays"] I didn't like the controls and the combat fluctuated between mindlessly automated and awkward. I want a Metroid game more akin to Halo 4.Pikminmaniac

You want what?

It's simple, he wants a Metroid game more akin to Halo 4 which is a Halo game more akin to Metroid Prime.

Im even more lost.... 343 is making Halo a first person adventure?
miriPlays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 miriPlays
Member since 2012 • 190 Posts
[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="IAmNot_fun"] You want what? IAmNot_fun

Im even more lost.... 343 is making Halo a first person adventure?

Of course I wouldn't want it to play the same, but there's a lot of stuff in there that I would like to see used full force in a Metroid game. I wouldn't be surprised if a mellower scene of H4 taken out of context could be mistaken as MP4 on the WiiU or something.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
They'd be better off letting the Bayonetta dude do it. At least the combat would be good and the controls wouldn't be borked.
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44711 Posts
I don't know why people keep saying Other M was awful, it wasn't as good as the Prime games surely but it was at least worth playing. People regurgitate the same X-Play review bashing of it regarding its story... as far as I'm concerned the Metroid games lacked a lick of story all together, Metroid cartridge games used to have more story written on the back of cardboard cases before Other M. Sure the submissive Samus angle was stupid but it only served the basic formula of all other Metroid games toward a a progressive weapon upgrade system, is anybody surprised though this comes from the same culture where woman casually make rape moan noises during sex to show their submission to men, Samus kowtowing to her former superior officer and crush seems rather tame in comparison, and can you blame her for all that time she spends out in space by herself. Anyhow, though I think Team Ninja has hit rock bottom since Itagaki left them I think they're still qualified to make more Metroid games, as much as people pretend to love the Metroid series the games in the last decade have staggered to barely more than a cult following, because of the little fanfare Nintendo treats the series like its bastard stepchild, bringing it out for air every few years only to show the world it hasn't died entirely due to neglect. So no, I don't mind Team Ninja wants to keep making Metroid games, someone has to make them.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

Maybe they can make a Samus dating sim with real boob physics :P

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FireEmblem_Man

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it. Bread_or_Decide

Gosh those people at Nintendo don't know crap about story telling then.

Why else Miyamoto didin't want a plot in Super Maior games?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FireEmblem_Man

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]Team Ninja couldn't craft a story if their lives depended on it. nintendoboy16

I think he means other storylines by TN, like Ninja Gaiden. Granted this is a Metroid thread, but still, Bread's statement was quite vague, so it could have meant anything.

Either way, neither can make a good storyline :P

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Bear in mind that Team Ninja had nothing to do with the game's story. They only did the gameplay and stuff. Now, if you hated *that*, then feel free to continue with the variations on "no."
deu5ka175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deu5ka175
Member since 2012 • 434 Posts

Metroid is one of the few Nintendo franchises I still like and Team Ninja almost single handidly ruined that franchise by themselves. There is no need for them to go back and put the nail in the coffin.