above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By above_average  Online
Member since 2021 • 1568 Posts

This guy has been championing xbox and MS's "vision" since 2007 and speaks to the thoughts & feeling of 10's of thousands of xbox fans thus his following.

This is what he had to tell his 160k following.

There are a lot of narratives going on here on System Wars where it's cool to save face and spin reality for the sake of protecting your loyalty to a brand. Few of us have any real financial stake being honest about the reality of our favorite platform.

However, I have to say, this is the most honest I've heard a DIE HARD xbox supporter speak on this subject which is made even more damning because these statements could be a detriment to his own financial future on a platform he's built up for 17 years.

My question is, how long will you xbox fans continue to "Hold the line" for the trillion dollar company Microsoft's honor?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46442 Posts

Here's what I think of what influencers think

💩

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 above_average  Online

@R4gn4r0k said:

Here's what I think of what influencers think

💩

I get it, but this is a temperature check for what die hard xbox are thinking/saying outside of the System Wars "hold the line" bubble.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1283 Posts

i cant remember this many cow threads when PS went multiplat.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#5  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts

A random dumbass youtuber posted by a Sony fanboy about Xbox. I'm so inclined to watch.

Can't you just form your own thoughts? Do we always have to find random dumbass youtubers to get points across?

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 above_average  Online

@Litchie said:

A random dumbass youtuber posted by a Sony fanboy about Xbox. I'm so inclined to watch.

Can't you just form your own thoughts? Do we always have to find random dumbass youtubers to get points across?

lol at claiming Colteastwood is a "random youtuber"

Why are you so upset? You claimed not be be an xbox white knight but here you are crying in defense the honor of xbox again.

Why are you so triggered Mr "PC" guy?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46442 Posts

@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

Why are you so upset? You claimed not be be an xbox white knight but here you are crying in defense the honor of xbox again.

Guy is sitting in his bedroom trying not too talk too loud because his mom will hear him downstairs. He is literally the most random youtuber out there.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By above_average  Online

@R4gn4r0k: lol that's pretty funny

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34660 Posts
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

Literally a random youtuber I've never heard about.

Read a little bit about this guy. From the little I read, he seems to be a total idiot, lol. I see why you like him.

Xbox white knight? I like how everyone who disagrees with you or find you to be a moron are automatically Xbox fanboys. If an Xbox fanboy would post a dumbass video from some idiot random youtuber talking shit about PS, I would say the same thing. It's just that Xbox fans are usually way smarter and generally better people than Sony fans, so they don't do that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44135 Posts

What, what, what?!

I haven't commented on the Rumors so I dunno where you're getting this from? lol :P

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 above_average  Online

@SecretPolice said:

What, what, what?!

I haven't commented on the Rumors so I dunno where you're getting this from? lol :P

Good one, but you need to have a platform built outside of system wars to be relevant in this conversation.

For instance this guy who built his platform dedicated to xbox since 2011 and 548k subscribers

Loading Video...

So yeah, outside of this System Wars bubble long time xbox fans who also have a financial state in pretending "everything is ok" have gone off code to say how they feel about this xbox debacle

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44135 Posts

@above_average:

Hey, just ask Uncle Phil and he'll tell you without hesitation SP is da man. ;o

lololol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#13  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69680 Posts

Sony fannies always watchng Xbox fannies on YouTube. The only faction that does this.😂

Reminds me of the folks who frequent ResetEra and then complain about it.🤭

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26104 Posts

Reminder that a Youtuber has no higher status than that of a forum poster here.

Also, if Microsoft intends to conquer all of gaming, being able to sell in all systems is the right way to go. They want to beat Sony to this.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

Bum de deee da bumm da dee ah,,,Happy Trails to you...RIP Xbox :(

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2531 Posts

Don’t worry, Colt is back on his bullshit again.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44265 Posts

Who?

Can’t this stuff be posted in the other ongoing threads? Don’t think we need a new thread every time some YouTuber has an opinion.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5266 Posts

How is social media any better than the mainstream or legacy media? And Youtubers, even those who strong opinions, are a dime a dozen.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1104 Posts

Colteastwood is making sense in this video. I have the same questions. It feels like MS, or at least their shareholders, are concerned with short term gains. MS had laid out their long term strategy with Xbox One, becoming input one, integrating Kinect, they didn't stick to it. They laid out another long term strategy with exclusives from their new studios on Xbox Series, preserving games, and building on their legacy, and it seems like now they might not stick with it. Now they are going to talk to us about their new long term strategy, and I don't know if they will stick to that either.

There's something to be said about having a clear vision, and being prepared to weather storms for the long term goals that really matter.

Yeah, in the end it's a business, but for people to invest in a business they need to have some confidence. Investors can easily get confidence when they see returns, but that depends on consumers sticking with the business too.

Microsoft is a giant company and they have bigger goals than gaming, maybe that is what's coming into view here. I guess that is what needs to be considered when consumers buy into a Microsoft product: they are buying into the goals of the entire company, and not just one part of it.

But consumers don't really buy a product to be part of a giant company's overarching vision, they buy a product and want the product to do what it does and be reliable and have a predictable view of what it will do for them as it is presented to them. Is Microsoft too big where that can't really happen?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GhostOfGolden

Nailed it

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

Far be it for me to be agreeing with the doom and gloom of fanboys, but Colt Eastwood has been an ardent Xbox supporter for years.

Even MrMattyPlays sees this as a possible end to Xbox.

Loading Video...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39110 Posts

The Xbox, as we know it, is over. Almost two and a half decades for nothing. Gamepass, with the help of Starfield, has killed the brand. How sad.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@Pedro said:

Sony fannies always watchng Xbox fannies on YouTube. The only faction that does this.😂

meanwhile Xbox fannies are deciding if they should .....

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

Thanks for confirming.😎

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6907 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@above_average said:
@Litchie said:

Guy is sitting in his bedroom trying not too talk too loud because his mom will hear him downstairs. He is literally the most random youtuber out there.

The guy has had Mike Yabarra and Major Nelson on his streams. I can't stand the guy but to act like he's some random Youtuber is hillarious. The guy makes enough off of Youtube where that could be his primary income.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:

Some people like to get out of an echo chamber. I recommend you do the same so you won't be so delusional.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10474 Posts

@Litchie said:

100% this. there's tons of these fckers across social media. who gives a flyin f*ck

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

@Pedro said:
@daredevils2k said:
@Pedro said:

Thanks for confirming.😎

NP, MS made it easy too confirm what Xbox Fannies are up too. Thank you Uncle Phil, you are the best

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Pedro

@silentchief: The irony 😂

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8870 Posts

According to the internet, there are a lot of Xbox influencers who are saying "I'm done".

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:

You literally get wrecked everytime you post.

I think I have made roughly 6 predictions so far that have turned out to be true and you spent countless post arguing against things that were common sense.

Examples

Switchs dominance would end as soon as the Ps5 supply shortage was over ( I was right)

The new Saints row reboot will flop and kill the studio( I was right)

Gamepass isn't sustainable ( I was right)

Alan Wake 2 will flop commercially( I was right)

At this rate I just need to make another prediction and watch you argue against it as it will most likely come true. 🤣🤣

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts

@saint-george rn..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

You literally get wrecked everytime you post.

I think I have made roughly 6 predictions so far that have turned out to be true and you spent countless post arguing against things that were common sense.

Examples

Switchs dominance would end as soon as the Ps5 supply shortage was over ( I was right)

The new Saints row reboot will flop and kill the studio( I was right)

Gamepass isn't sustainable ( I was right)

Alan Wake 2 will flop commercially( I was right)

At this rate I just need to make another prediction and watch you argue against it as it will most likely come true. 🤣🤣

Two words😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22735 Posts

I will not miss the abundance of unnecessary extra hardware that ultimately cut people off from gaming... Xbox hit it's peak with the 360... Mattrick and the Xbox one set them back to a firm third place and it's never changed. I continue to appreciate their ability to create the way we console game online (that has been adopted by Sony and Nintendo) and I continue to appreciate new ways to try and consume this hobby. Gamepass for consumers has been mostly a win. Despite the conversation around whether it was "right" for gaming but I offered value to a lot of gamers.

Personally I'd be happy to have a singular way around exclusivity and that's the hill I'm gonna die on.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GhostOfGolden
@TheEroica said:

I will not miss the abundance of unnecessary extra hardware that ultimately cut people off from gaming...

Nobody has been cut off from gaming.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pedro

@TheEroica said:

I will not miss the abundance of unnecessary extra hardware that ultimately cut people off from gaming... Xbox hit it's peak with the 360... Mattrick and the Xbox one set them back to a firm third place and it's never changed. I continue to appreciate their ability to create the way we console game online (that has been adopted by Sony and Nintendo) and I continue to appreciate new ways to try and consume this hobby. Gamepass for consumers has been mostly a win. Despite the conversation around whether it was "right" for gaming but I offered value to a lot of gamers.

Personally I'd be happy to have a singular way around exclusivity and that's the hill I'm gonna die on.

The unfortunate thing is that this speculated move by MS would not achieve that. Now, if MS is making a bargaining move in which they take a "I give you game A and you give me game B", then we will be moving closer to a reduction in unnecessary hardware.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16562 Posts

@above_average: another below average post from below average. At least your consistent.

Anyways, nobody is holding thr line on anything. Every xbox fan is different, and this clown obviously has some issued. Why wouldn't you want xbox to expand and grow that audience??

As long as gamepass exists, xbox console exists lol. MovieRemaster Station 5 sure as heck don't want that..they want to milk their fans as hard as possible.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#38 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17823 Posts

The only narrative that matters is that they make good games and allow as many people as possible to play them. Exclusives are dumb. Anybody who cheers for exclusives is an idiot.

Life-is-a-Game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Life-is-a-Game
Member since 2005 • 956 Posts

@BassMan: This!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheEroica  Moderator

@BassMan said:

The only narrative that matters is that they make good games and allow as many people as possible to play them. Exclusives are dumb. Anybody who cheers for exclusives is an idiot.

My man...

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@ghostofgolden said:
@TheEroica said:

I will not miss the abundance of unnecessary extra hardware that ultimately cut people off from gaming...

Nobody has been cut off from gaming.

Sure they have. Not everyone can afford every bit of hardware with every game. Some families have to make choices. More proprietary hardware/software means not everyone gets to have access to every game.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#42 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15940 Posts

Great time to be Xbox influencer tbh, they don't have a big audience but these recent rumors surrounding Xbox definitely increased traffic. People duking at Xbox misfortune and those influencers getting donation money reacting.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:

They make good games? They make games that are built for a renting service in mind. FF Rebirth animations alone cost more money to produce than MS's flagship Halo Infinite. Don't get it mistaken, MS titles are incredibly cheap when compared to what's available.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By BassMan
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

They make good games? They make games that are built for a renting service in mind. FF Rebirth animations alone cost more money to produce than MS's flagship Halo Infinite. Don't get it mistaken, MS titles are incredibly cheap when compared to what's available.

Just think of all the time you waste talking shit about MS games instead of actually playing and enjoying them... That's sad dude.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

Just think of all the time you waste talking shit about MS games instead of actually playing them and enjoying them... That's sad dude.

I don't shit talk their games, i expose them with my unfiltered truth. You, tho, you have been shilling them since Infinite, the game half the dev team was fire cuz it was that bad.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen: Stop bullshitting. I don't shill anybody. I will call something out as not very good when needed. Just look at Suicide Squad... I was a big fan of Rocksteady in the past, but they fucked this one up and wasted 7+ years when they could have actually been making something good. It's a shame. Same goes for BF 2042. You know I am a huge BF player, but I called out 2042 right from the first trailer.

I evaluate games on their own merits. I don't care who makes or publishes a game. MS, Sony, Nintendo, EA, Ubisoft, Take Two..... if the game is good, I want to play it. At the end of the day, they are just games after all. Talking shit about a game just because it comes from a certain company is just dumb fanboy bullshit.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan: You shilled the story and graphics of infinite, both of which were beyond pathetic, and extra pathetic for a flagship game. Don't think i forgot, bro.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By BassMan
@hardwenzen said:

@BassMan: You shilled the story and graphics of infinite, both of which were beyond pathetic, and extra pathetic for a flagship game. Don't think i forgot, bro.

How dare they come out with a game that looks like this?!... and it is fun to play too. The outrage!

LOL

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50585 Posts

"Influencer"

Lord, I couldn't possibly care less.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen  Online

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:

How dare they come out with a game that looks like this?!... and it is fun to play too. The outrage!

LOL

Were these pictures posted to poop on the game or defend it?