The Wii isn't even in the same league as the PS3 and 360...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 babybinky
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts

it doesn't have HD graphics, no good online play, no good dashboard to watch movies and stuff. It's purely JUST a gaming machine. and a damn good one. However, sony and microsoft made gaming machine's into a combination of gaming and home entertainment. Nintendo just doesn't deliver in that department.

so even though the wii has a great library and im sure their are lots of ppl who play the wii more than ps3 or xbox, despite that, and sales, can we all agree that the wii is the worst console this gen?

motion gaming was what made it unique, but now sony... well, u know

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

A feature wars thread?

AmayaPapaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 AmayaPapaya
Member since 2008 • 9029 Posts

I like the Wii more than the 360, and if not the same, than better than the PS3. It's all down to preference.

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts
It's got its own library of great games, but in terms of features, it's a piece of ****. Can't do much other than game on it. It's got a web browser though :P Worst console this gen... if you're arguing based on features then yes definitely.
ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Yes it is.

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
Consoles should just leave features to the PC. They're not even in the same league.
babybinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 babybinky
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Consoles should just leave features to the PC. They're not even in the same league.

then again, PC's aren't considered gaming consoles...
savebattery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 savebattery
Member since 2009 • 3626 Posts
Wii has the best overall library in my opinion. And that's the most important thing about a video game console.
tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
[QUOTE="babybinky"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]Consoles should just leave features to the PC. They're not even in the same league.

And yet they beat consoles in gaming as well. 8)
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts

[QUOTE="tagyhag"]Consoles should just leave features to the PC. They're not even in the same league.babybinky

They are considered gaming platforms though.

XxeviltedizXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 XxeviltedizXx
Member since 2010 • 176 Posts

true dat

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
The Wii is aimed towards the non-gamer crowd and some old-school gamers that enjoyed the days of super mario bros and legend of zelda. Other than that, as a hardware powerhouse, it is not. It's a unique kind of gaming machine. This generation just wouldn't be the same if the Wii wasn't around despite the fact that I'm not so fond on motion controls. Somebody has to be different.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="babybinky"][QUOTE="tagyhag"]Consoles should just leave features to the PC. They're not even in the same league.

So? You are mistaken in your earlier post. This is System wars not console wars, and the PC is a system.
Chojuto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Chojuto
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Yeah, in terms of features Wii has NOTHING compared to 360 and PS3. But then again, like somebody else mentioned, PC trounces 360 and PS3 easily. However if you take PC out of the situation (since most people agree that PC would automatically win too many categories anyways) then yes 360 and PS3 are in a totally different league in terms of features. But if we're arguing that the Wii is the worst "console" this generation, it depends on how you define a "console." Some people like to think about EVERYTHING, which would make Wii the worst console. However some people like to think purely about the games, which still puts Wii at a disadvantage because of the lack of good 3rd party multiplats and also Wii's lack of power. However the Wii's game libraries has its own strengths such as exclusive 1st and 3rd party games, really unique games, etc. So if you're ONLY looking at the game library then it could be arguable. Most people that own game consoles own PC's too, and a lot of the extra benefits that you get with a PS3/360 you can also get on a PC too, so that's another factor to consider. Overall though, if I was looking at only ONE video game console to buy, I would probably choose 360 or PS3. But if I was going to buy a 2nd game console I would probably lean more towards the Wii.
tonycsusb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tonycsusb
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

it doesn't have HD graphics, no good online play, no good dashboard to watch movies and stuff. It's purely JUST a gaming machine. and a damn good one. However, sony and microsoft made gaming machine's into a combination of gaming and home entertainment. Nintendo just doesn't deliver in that department.

so even though the wii has a great library and im sure their are lots of ppl who play the wii more than ps3 or xbox, despite that, and sales, can we all agree that the wii is the worst console this gen?

motion gaming was what made it unique, but now sony... well, u know

babybinky

I wouldn't say the worst. I own all three and love the wii. It does have netflix and yes, you can watch videos(even though not very many). It's still a great console, just different:D. I just think if i wanna play some call of duty or halo, i use my 360 or mlb the show then my ps3, or some old school mario, thats when i play the wii.

pengo93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 pengo93
Member since 2009 • 2005 Posts

In my honest opinion the Wii can jump off a cliff.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
BEST LIBRARY.......the still existent PS2
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
Shouldn't the fact that it's still a fun gaming console be enough? It's supposed lack of online (never played online with it before) hurts it I guess, but all those other features are fluff and doable with a PC or through your cable company, or whatever.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#21 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

ok this graphics debate is over it is well known that wii is not a power house nintendo said through a mic it wasnt ment to be does it have to be yelled in your ear this is not 2006

and secondly if you wanted graphics to begin with get a ps3 360 or pc

online play well its free , you know i wouldnt complain about nintendos first attempt because you didnt complain about xbox or ps2s first attempt at online

we all know it wasnt a bed of roses for them

=from microsoft forcing you to use a credit card and ps2 online almost dead for the most part,

so you get what you pay for honestly

you paid 199,99 for a wii -at launch 249 , if you bought yours at launch of course 249,

if hd was included wii would cost 349.99-500 (could be 600 , motion controls cost money to)

nintendo did not want to make the mistake sony made

so they didnt included hd , so what we still got awsome games

your complaining about 3 simple not so important features ,

sheesh ,if hd were so important ds or psp wouldnt selll at all in fact i dont think wii would be selling

you pay600 you get all the flash

you pay 300 you get half-appearently by sonys rules-no ps2 bc

you pay 199,99 you get only 4 gigs of memory

you pay 199 for a wii you get motion gaming and xbox 1 plus visuals ,

no hd you pay 1000 you get a good gaming rig its a simple known fact,

HarlockJC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 HarlockJC
Member since 2006 • 25546 Posts

then again this is not console wars...it's system wars at which point..She is correct
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I agree, it's in a higher league. ^^
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AbleFa3
Member since 2010 • 901 Posts

I like 360, PS3 vastly better than Wii as gaming machines myself, the HD visuals, Kinect, multipltforms and exclsuives like Fable 3, Demon Souls etc are more than enough for that, i only own 4 Wii games and got it at launch

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 painguy1
Member since 2007 • 8686 Posts

ok this graphics debate is over it is well known that wii is not a power house nintendo said through a mic it wasnt ment to be does it have to be yelled in your ear this is not 2006

and secondly if you wanted graphics to begin with get a ps3 360 or pc

online play well its free , you know i wouldnt complain about nintendos first attempt because you didnt complain about xbox or ps2s first attempt at online

we all know it wasnt a bed of roses for them

=from microsoft forcing you to use a credit card and ps2 online almost dead for the most part,

so you get what you pay for honestly

you paid 199,99 for a wii -at launch 249 , if you bought yours at launch of course 249,

if hd was included wii would cost 349.99-500 (could be 600 , motion controls cost money to)

nintendo did not want to make the mistake sony made

so they didnt included hd , so what we still got awsome games

your complaining about 3 simple not so important features ,

sheesh ,if hd were so important ds or psp wouldnt selll at all in fact i dont think wii would be selling

you pay600 you get all the flash

you pay 300 you get half-appearently by sonys rules-no ps2 bc

you pay 199,99 you get only 4 gigs of memory

you pay 199 for a wii you get motion gaming and xbox 1 plus visuals ,

no hd you pay 1000 you get a good gaming rig its a simple known fact,

mariokart64fan

can i ask you a question? Why do you format ur posts like that? it takes up way too much space & is kinda annoying. sry dont mean to sound like a jerk, but it rly bugs me.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 UnrealDelusion
Member since 2010 • 262 Posts

I like 360, PS3 vastly better than Wii as gaming machines myself, the HD visuals, Kinect, multipltforms and exclsuives like Fable 3, Demon Souls etc are more than enough for that, i only own 4 Wii games and got it at launch

AbleFa3

Fable 3 isn't exclusive.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#27 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Wii has the best overall library in my opinion. And that's the most important thing about a video game console.savebattery
Correct. This whole blu-ray and everything else that is irrelevant to gaming should not be considered when determining which is the best console because they're irrelevant. Though hardware is very important, its software is most important.
amaneuvering

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 amaneuvering
Member since 2009 • 4809 Posts

Yeah,

Nintendo's really under-delivered in the features area this gen.

I mean you can't even playback regular DVDs on Wii or even playyour music properly on it. WFT is that all about!

It's got some cool features and some good games but it's so far behind in so many other ways, that I personally also think are important, that it's not even funny.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="savebattery"]Wii has the best overall library in my opinion. And that's the most important thing about a video game console.wiifan001
Correct. This whole blu-ray and everything else that is irrelevant to gaming should not be considered when determining which is the best console because they're irrelevant. Though hardware is very important, its software is most important.

You misunderstand a game library is only important to cows and lems when it's ps3 vs 360 otherwise it doesn't count :)

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 painguy1

One issue I have with Nintendo is in regards to how they try to avoid as many licensing costs as possible. The whole thing about not being able to play DVD's is kinda weird.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 UnrealDelusion

[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]wiifan001

I agree completely i was just pointing out there double standards.

wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#33 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts

One issue I have with Nintendo is in regards to how they try to avoid as many licensing costs as possible. The whole thing about not being able to play DVD's is kinda weird.

painguy1
Irrelevant to gaming anyways. Wii does have Netflix (now) Besides, if the Wii DID support dvds, there would be just as many complaints about wii not getting hd-dvd / blu-ray as there would be with the wii not getting any dvd support at all.
oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 oldkingallant
Member since 2010 • 4958 Posts

Key word: GAMING console

Maybe it's the worst home entertainment system but I don't think we're all about to say it's the worst video game console.

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

UnrealDelusion

Fable 3 isn't exclusive.

You mean it is on Wii ?

Also it is only on 360, you definatly cant play it anywhere else

hypoty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hypoty
Member since 2009 • 2825 Posts

And somewhere in another thread, someone is crying about PC gamers being elitist.

painguy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 painguy1

[QUOTE="painguy1"]

wiifan001

Irrelevant to gaming anyways. Wii does have Netflix (now) Besides, if the Wii DID support dvds, there would be just as many complaints about wii not getting hd-dvd / blu-ray as there would be with the wii not getting any dvd support at all.

i dont think that was rly Nintendo's idea. Netflix themselves can voluntarly put their service on the Wii.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oldkingallant

AbleFa3
There are much better examples than Fable 3, there are about 15 Wii games released this year alone that are better than Fable 3. Demon's Souls... well I'd only say one Wii game is better... and it came out this year.
Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

...can we all agree that the...

babybinky

No, we cant.

oldkingallant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 oldkingallant

[QUOTE="babybinky"]

...can we all agree that the...

Thunderdrone

No, we cant.

Yeah I've been wondering for a few months how many times I'm gonna read those words :lol:.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

A feature wars thread?

babybinky

well, this is console wars and yes different consoles have different features... im just saying the wii is lacking what ps3 and xbox 360 has to offer... care to leave a comment worth reading? otherwise don't post pointless responses mr. i have 13541 posts.

You a gamer, or a feature...er? Pointless posts go hand in hand with a pointless thread. We all know, in terms of features: PC>PS3>360>Wii

Half-Way

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Half-Way
Member since 2010 • 5001 Posts

Yes, the wii is a gaming ONLY console.. and since im a gamer... im pretty much okey with it.

I got a pc for the rest.

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

Fable 3 isn't exclusive.

You mean it is on Wii ?

Also it is only on 360, you definatly cant play it anywhere else

Upcoming PC version says hello

AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 AbleFa3

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

oldkingallant

There are much better examples than Fable 3, there are about 15 Wii games released this year alone that are better than Fable 3. Demon's Souls... well I'd only say one Wii game is better... and it came out this year.

I did not like any Wii game as much as Fable 3 or DS myself, Zelda TP would be the only one to rival it and was a vast dissapointment

generally i like RPGs and Wii has nothing much to even remotly come close to the games i like best

Upcoming PC version says helloUnrealDelusion

You mean the one that does not exist yet ? How does that make Fable 3 any less exclusive to 360 right now ?

UnrealDelusion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 UnrealDelusion

[QUOTE="oldkingallant"][QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

AbleFa3

I did not like any Wii game as much as Fable 3 or DS myself, Zelda TP would be the only one to rival it and was a vast dissapointment

generally i like RPGs and Wii has nothing much to even remotly come close to the games i like best

If you think Fable 3 is an RPG you have no idea what an RPG is.

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#46 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
I won't agree with that but sheep want it both ways and its hilarious. They say if you care about good graphics and features then leave the Wii alone, don't bash it just play the other two. But as soon as it comes to sales or it gets a high scoring game they suddenly want to be in on the action.
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="UnrealDelusion"]

[QUOTE="AbleFa3"]

There are much better examples than Fable 3, there are about 15 Wii games released this year alone that are better than Fable 3. Demon's Souls... well I'd only say one Wii game is better... and it came out this year.oldkingallant

If you think Fable 3 is an RPG you have no idea what an RPG is.

There's more RPG in Fable than you want to admit probably.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AbleFa3

If you think Fable 3 is an RPG you have no idea what an RPG is.UnrealDelusion

It is an RPG

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tomarlyn
[QUOTE="Half-Way"]

Yes, the wii is a gaming ONLY console.. and since im a gamer... im pretty much okey with it.

I got a pc for the rest.

But teh internets, weather, news, photo, voting channels? Internet is a PC function and the 360 (aka PC for your TV) doesn't even have that. Nintendo even promised DVD playback before Wii released. We're all gamers and they're all for gamers.
AbleFa3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AbleFa3

It is rather simple

Demons Souls and Fable 3 are the kind of games i like best, my best this generation

Then come games like Alan Wake, Gears, Halo, Mass Effect 1-2, Fable 2, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Tales of Vesperia, Castlevaniaetc

And future ones like Gears 3, Mass Effect 3, Project Draco, Project Dark !!!!!, Dragon Age 2, Bioshock Infinite !!!!etc

Wii has nothing like them, so by default is my least important system

And that, without counting the lack of multipltforms, good online, HD, Kinect next gen controls, the dissapointing Zelda TP etc