Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

Poll Was Fable always mid? (55 votes)

It's a premium exclusive (on PC as well) 36%
It's mid 45%
It's worse than mid 18%
No Caption Provided

Hello, was looking at the Fable reaction and it seems I'm not alone in my apathy towards this franchise.

It seems to be much like Sonys "Resistance" series, in that nobody seems to give a shit about it and it never reaches the pedigree of what a "hot" exclusive should be, namely a system seller.

Is this bias from someone who played them and decided they are bad, or in fact, reality?

Richard Ayoade is alright.

• 
my_user_name

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By my_user_name
Member since 2019 • 1273 Posts

The first one has awful melee combat and I don't think 2 is much better. If you can look past that then they might have some good qualities.... but I couldn't.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

@rmpumper: Do you think 2 holds up? I only played 1 a couple of years ago and it's definitely too dated imo. Some cool ideas but also a lot of awkward ones. Definitely not a timeless classic. Seem like 2 has more fans.

Can't tell you that as I only played it on 360 when it was released, though it sure improved on a lot of things vs. the original.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 lamprey263  Online
Member since 2006 • 44685 Posts

@last_lap: I still play the older games too, just some aren't timeless, and yet others are, some are still accessible to newcomers and some rely on the nostalgia of those who played them previously to be appreciated

Pixel graphic 90s games hold up better IMO than many other older games for some reason.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

Yes, the first one was really charming, but had some strange design choices holding it back from being great.

That said, the Forza Horizon devs have had a history of bangers. So I am interested in seeing the new Fable. Will they finally bring Fable's concept to life?

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

It wasn't what was promised by Peter Molyneux but I enjoyed the series 2 being my favourite.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6718 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@last_lap: I still play the older games too, just some aren't timeless, and yet others are, some are still accessible to newcomers and some rely on the nostalgia of those who played them previously to be appreciated

Pixel graphic 90s games hold up better IMO than many other older games for some reason.

Yeah I get that, but I still think Fable plays well in this day & age, I feel it doesn't need to rely on nostalgia.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8509 Posts

Never played it because it didn't even look interesting to me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#59  Edited By hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

Hope there isn't a single person in the universe that loves Fable but bitches at Dragon's Dogma and fromsoft bangers. That would be incredibly foolish of them.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

@last_lap: damn last lap, us fellow lems shouldn't be fighting each other, we're brothers in arms. No need to get butt hurt because i called your post mid. Come here, gimme a bro hug.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Last_Lap

@blaznwiipspman1: We're not fighting, I just called you out for shilling a game you have not interest in only because it's an Xbox game.

I am genuinely interested in this game and hope that its good and have faith PG can do the series justice, but I'm not going to run around saying it's going to be amazing, a banger etc, etc.

Maybe you should learn how to be a Maverick lem like me instead of a "follow" Phil into the depths of He'll kind of a lem.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 777 Posts

Fable 1 was great, it was like a fairy tale

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#63 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Fable really is mid. I did enjoy the original Fable on PC waaaay back like 2004 or 2005 or something.

It was pretty bad but had some amazing memorable moments here and there.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Last_Lap

@Mozelleple112 said:

Fable really is mid. I did enjoy the original Fable on PC waaaay back like 2004 or 2005 or something.

It was pretty bad but had some amazing memorable moments here and there.

But Fable 1 & 2 are rated higher on Metashitc than your "masterpiece" most goty nominated blah, blah, blah Death Stranding, oops your god in Metashitic is owning you once again lol.

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#65 strategyfn
Member since 2012 • 1187 Posts

I loved the story of the first one. The map was pretty average. I have only played the first one.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:

Hope there isn't a single person in the universe that loves Fable but bitches at Dragon's Dogma and fromsoft bangers. That would be incredibly foolish of them.

Dragon's Dogma and Souls games are both better RPGs and Action Games than Fable, so... unlikely.

Don't worry, I cancelled my DD2 pre-order and so did most other people I know. We are just so tired of these themepark ARPGs.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@last_lap said:

I enjoyed the games and will buy the newest one unless Playground somehow screw it up.

Oh, and most of you people are adults (I presume) why are you using teenager language such as mid 🤮

Indeed, just shows you how quickly and easily she's influenced and manipulated. Some folks, for their own good should be limited to their exposure to the internet. ;o

OT, During the main Fables, 1, 2 & 3 series run; it was one of the highest selling franchises on Xbox so TC doesn't have a clue. lolol :P

Yes, hyped Bigly for the new Fable from the wizards at Playground Games!! :D

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:

Dragon's Dogma and Souls games are both better RPGs and Action Games than Fable, so... unlikely.

Don't worry, I cancelled my DD2 pre-order and so did most other people I know. We are just so tired of these themepark ARPGs.

You canned it because you finally found out that your 1070 won't be able to handle it even at the Switch performance😅Just like Helldivers 2, you just can't play video games with that relic of yours.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#69  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

Sadly Fable had a forced re-released due to underperforming and not being very good.

The first game, Fable, was teased in 2001 by developer Lionhead Studios. Lead designer and Lionhead co-founder Peter Molyneux "promised an experience like no other" and that the game would "revolutionize the RPG". Fable was released for Xbox on 14 September 2004. It was originally seen very poorly as it was mostly reported that the game had no content due to the substantial amount of unfulfilled "promises" by Molyneux, which he soon apologized for, garnering even more press coverage.

Despite offers from such large companies, such as Electronic Arts, the over-ambition experienced during Fable's development and overestimated sales of the original game had left Lionhead Studios with low stocks and in debt. To gain access to a bigger budget Lionhead signed with Microsoft Game Studios. An extended version, Fable: The Lost Chapters, was released for Windows and Xbox in September 2005; Feral Interactive ported the game to the Mac platform on 31 March 2008. It featured new content in many forms and, with the support of Microsoft, was a critical and commercial success. .

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 robert_sparkes

I do trust playground to deliver it's not a huge achievement to be a better game than fable 3.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#71 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

Yes, quite "mid"...sorry, I'm not a hip youngster, I'm assuming "mid" means "not as good as perceived" or "underwhelming", like not necessarily bad just not living up to the hype..

I'd play Kingdoms of Amalur instead of Fable any day of the week for my "fantasy-lite" action-rpg.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Maroxad

@hardwenzen: FYI, I upgraded everything in my computer, save for my graphics card. My 1070 remains.

Instead of wasting my money on a graphics card, my money goes towards blue hair dye, to dye my manbun.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:

@hardwenzen: FYI, I upgraded everything in my computer, save for my graphics card. My 1070 remains.

Instead of wasting my money on a graphics card, my money goes towards blue hair dye, to dye my manbun.

And this is exactly why you're the foolish person on System Wars. You want to play Helldivers 2 real bad, a game with nothing but GAMEPLAY, but you simply cannot, and this is sad for me and you.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#74 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

Solid AAA games in my opinion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Maroxad

@hardwenzen: Live Service game with the over the shoulder camera?

Pass. Not saying it is good or bad... just not my cup of tea.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

1 and 2 was great but 3 only good part was the wardrobe and pile of gold. they gimped 3.

but so far xbox is doing fable with woke involved. ugly female character and hipster giant in a fantasy setting. so far xbox is already screwing up.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Gifford38
@dimebag667 said:

I dunno. I watched my roommate play either 1 or 2 a couple years ago, and it intrigued me enough to want to play some day.

I also watched him play HZD, and I that was hard to even witness. That's mid.

HZD is not mid. again give it try before you judge.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Gifford38
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:
@hardwenzen said:
@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Where did I say that having more cars is what matters most? oh that's right I didn't, that's just your poor reading comprehension. I will say that more cars are better than less to a racing game fan, but you wouldn't know anything about that.

Next...

You mentioned cars as your first point lmao, it must be so important to you. I don't even play racing games, and even i know that the amount of cars is not important. You really are a fake racing fan enjoyer. Try Cricket games instead.

Like I said next...

You got rolled, there's no next. Today, you've learned the Straight To Gamepass strategy from MS. Now you're perfectly aware of the low effort that is being put into all their titles. And let me remind you, Hellblade 2 will be the next title to showcase this to perfection.

Nah you telling a racing game fan what they want in a racing game, well you rolled yourself, next...

I just find it odd hellblade2 is taking what 7 years and its only a 40 dollar game. they couldn't make a 70 dollar game with hellblade gameplay in that time?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#79 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

@gifford38 said:

I just find it odd hellblade2 is taking what 7 years and its only a 40 dollar game. they couldn't make a 70 dollar game with hellblade gameplay in that time?

It is $50. Beyond that your logic is flawed.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

It is $50. Beyond that your logic is flawed.

really is it? 7 years to make a game that can't be sold for 70 bucks.

it took insomniac 2 years to make miles.

heck hfw2 took only 5 years and I put 130 hours into it and still didn't 100% it.

no excuse for this.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

Was never a title I enjoyed, for those who like it I hope they get a good title but it's never been a title for me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:

Complaining about it being live service is like being negative about the free MHW support that lasted for years. If this was a real live service game to milk you dry, i wouldn't be playing the game. I know for a fact you want to play this game, don't even try to hide it from me, i see everything.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Complaining about it being live service is like being negative about the free MHW support that lasted for years. If this was a real live service game to milk you dry, i wouldn't be playing the game. I know for a fact you want to play this game, don't even try to hide it from me, i see everything.

Again, not complaining. Just not my cup of tea. Live Service games are not very appetizing for me, give me a 10-20 hour long game. Preferably not using the over the shoulder camera which can be a dealbreaker for me (if I cannot mod it out).

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Again, not complaining. Just not my cup of tea. Live Service games are not very appetizing for me, give me a 10-20 hour long game. Preferably not using the over the shoulder camera which is a dealbreaker for me (if I cannot mod it out).

Nothing is to your taste as of late. The feel when it comes to movements in the 3d space and gunplay is a 10/10, and here you are, moaning about the over the shoulder camera, something you can chagce to first person while firing if you wanted to.

I think you're just pretending to not be interested because you know your pc can't handle it. Same with DD2.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Maroxad
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Again, not complaining. Just not my cup of tea. Live Service games are not very appetizing for me, give me a 10-20 hour long game. Preferably not using the over the shoulder camera which is a dealbreaker for me (if I cannot mod it out).

Nothing is to your taste as of late. The feel when it comes to movements in the 3d space and gunplay is a 10/10, and here you are, moaning about the over the shoulder camera, something you can chagce to first person while firing if you wanted to.

I think you're just pretending to not be interested because you know your pc can't handle it. Same with DD2.

Nothing to my taste?

Currently going through my gamepass backlog. Finding tonnes of gems to play. Since Fable 4 will likely be on gamepass a week after launch. Who knows, maybe I will try that too. It is free afterall, so couldnt hurt to play.

Over the shoulder while shooting? That isnt exactly what I want. Over the shoulder cameras are at their worst when moving and navigating, not when shooting. And the 1070 can run this game.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 hardwenzen  Online

@Maroxad said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Nothing to my taste?

Currently going through my gamepass backlog. Finding tonnes of gems to play. Since Fable 4 will likely be on gamepass a week after launch. Who knows, maybe I will try that too. It is free afterall, so couldnt hurt to play.

Over the shoulder while shooting? That isnt exactly what I want. Over the shoulder cameras are at their worst when moving and navigating, not when shooting. And the 1070 can run this game.

You're moving in third person, but can use nothing but first person while aiming. And you call this running?🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣You fell off, Maroxad. At this point you don't even comprehend what's high fps.

Loading Video...
robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 robert_sparkes

Might need to replay 3 to see if it was disappointing as I remembered.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#88  Edited By dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

@gifford38: To be fair, watching isn't the same as playing, but I highly doubt it would change my mind on how little I like the story, the art design, the characters, the protagonist, etc. Honestly, I don't think any guerilla game is that great. KZ1 was awful, 2 was way better, but still not THAT great. I think promoting Herman Hulst over Shuhei Yoshida or Scott Rohde was a poor decision. They seem to have a pretty engine, but I don't hold them in high regard.

If I ever do play horizon, I'll try to remember this and give you my first hand experience.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15594 Posts

To me yes, I have no idea why they get hype or praise when there's talk of a new one. Pretty much every single aspect of each game is some grander idea that got half-assed in the final product. I remember thinking Fable 2 especially was fucking miserable.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Last_Lap

@gifford38 said:

1 and 2 was great but 3 only good part was the wardrobe and pile of gold. they gimped 3.

but so far xbox is doing fable with woke involved. ugly female character and hipster giant in a fantasy setting. so far xbox is already screwing up.

WTF are you on about? so, because the main character doesn't have big tits and a big arse for you to fap to then it must be woke.

And this is what hipster means

hipster1/ˈhɪpstə/

noun

INFORMAL

1. a person who follows the latest trends and fashions in clothing and lifestyle, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

Please explain how Fable is following the latest trends in clothing and lifestyle?

You come up with the dumbest stuff.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Last_Lap

@gifford38 said:
@dimebag667 said:

I dunno. I watched my roommate play either 1 or 2 a couple years ago, and it intrigued me enough to want to play some day.

HZD is average, there is nothing outstanding about it, it has the usual open world tropes only more so, there is way too much side stuff to do. Use AC method of hiding in grass for stealth kills, too many cutscenes. combat gets boring after a while.

The only interesting thing about the game is the enemies, and even then once you've seen them all they just become one with the scenery.

And yes, I have played and finished the campaign.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Gifford38

@last_lap said:
@gifford38 said:

WTF are you on about? so, because the main character doesn't have big tits and a big arse for you to fap to then it must be woke.

And this is what hipster means

hipster1/ˈhɪpstə/

noun

INFORMAL

1. a person who follows the latest trends and fashions in clothing and lifestyle, especially those regarded as being outside the cultural mainstream.

Please explain how Fable is following the latest trends in clothing and lifestyle?

You come up with the dumbest stuff.

yes a giant with todays clothing in a fantasy setting is what is hipster about it.

"big tits and a big arse for you to fap to then it must be woke."

nope has nothing to do with it. its making the female look non-binary person is whats woke about it. doesn't look like a man nor woman. my wife has small boob but has features of a woman. god why is that so hard to understand?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 hardwenzen  Online

"big tits and a big arse for you to fap to then it must be woke."

decent reason tbh. makes me want to get Rebirth on day one, actually.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Gifford38
@last_lap said:
@gifford38 said:
@dimebag667 said:

HZD is average, there is nothing outstanding about it, it has the usual open world tropes only more so, there is way too much side stuff to do. Use AC method of hiding in grass for stealth kills, too many cutscenes. combat gets boring after a while.

The only interesting thing about the game is the enemies, and even then once you've seen them all they just become one with the scenery.

And yes, I have played and finished the campaign.

thats your opinion which is fine. but the fact is many people thought it was top tier game.

same as fable a lot of people thought it was top tier.

take red fall no one thought it was top tier = mid grade game.

mid grade game does not score a 8 or higher every were.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hardwenzen  Online

I am a cow. My opinion about a Sony title is worth much more than Aussie's. Horizon as a whole is complete and utter dogshit. Its not average, no. Its dogshit. Its the kind of filler that shouldn't exist on my Playstations.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Between us, the lem finished the game, whereas the cow didn't. Your opinion is worthless in this scenario.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Between us, the lem finished the game, whereas the cow didn't. Your opinion is worthless in this scenario.

I played the game for over 50h. You don't need to beat a shitty story to know exactly how the game is. I also played it on the highest difficulty, the way its meant to be played, while you, the casual, haven't.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Last_Lap

@gifford38: Correction there are 7 reviews that scored it lower than an 8, one even gave it a 5.

5 is too harsh. The game is a 7 at best. It's been done before and better. Take your PS goggles off.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: Your opinion is worthless as usual, never forget that.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Your opinion is worthless as usual, never forget that.

Nothing to forget, people structure their lives around my factual opinions.