What was your least favorite system of the ones you have owned?

• 113 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45492 Posts

Hmm.. I think mine is a tie between the Wii and the Xbox One. The Wii was very gimmicky and underpowered, but Wii Sports was fun. Xbox One was underpowered, also tried to be gimmicky, and the first party was meh. Although Halo 5 is starting to look better than the way Halo Infinite turned out.

How about you, SW? What was your least favorite system of all the ones you’ve owned?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

3DO. Very much a dud of a system and an expensive one at that.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

Neo-Geo pocket. I kinda hate saying this because there are quite a few gems in it's library, but it just did not get much in it's short lifespan. Once I got a GBA, there was very little reason to play it. Can't complain though. I bought it cheap with 6 games packed in when SNK was dumping inventory.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

Wii

PSP

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

It must have been the ps5. The only good thing about it was the controller which honestly was fantastic. Without that controller, the entire system and library would have been complete and utter meh. Thankfully ps finally got some games after 2 years. This is why you don't buy a system like Playstation until half way into the gen.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16597 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: also lol at you cows, you really can't make a thread without talking about halo can you? Halo infinite >> ps5

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

Wii wins this for me. I only enjoyed a handful of games and hate the Wiimote.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#8  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

PS3, super unreliable hardware.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59324 Posts

Probably PS3.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

Probably the Switch. Even the Wii U, I played more on. The Xbox One is also pretty worthless, because I barely played that either.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39699 Posts

Probably the PS4 lol. What a dogwater system. Underpowered trash from day one, with shitty performance in 100% of titles released on it. Thank you Jaguar cpu's.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

I have owned consoles / computers since the Colecovision in the 1980s, but I have never owned any of the bad systems. I guess that the Sega Saturn was my least favorite console, but it wasn't half bad, actually. Virtua Fighter 2 and Sega Rally were impressive.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8466 Posts

The PSP was pretty lame.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#17 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6108 Posts

PS3 and the Nintendo 64.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Probably the PS3 for me as well. RDR1 is the only game I really loved on it.

Mostly associate it with bad frame rates and overhyped Naughty Dog games

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Wii U. I liked it, but would've liked it more if it got more games. Also not a big fan of the Wii. Its controls were more in the way of fun instead of fun, and the hardware was just a repackaged GameCube, and felt cheaper. First console to fail on me. But it got more good games than Wii U.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#20  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17908 Posts

Nintendo Switch. I had not bought a Nintendo system since GameCube. I avoided the Wii and Wii U because they were trash. I am not a portable gamer and I knew the Switch hardware was trash tier. However, I bought one at launch hoping that Nintendo would renew their focus for developing games for core gamers. My plan was to experience those games mostly in docked mode. I even bought the Pro controller. What a waste all of that was.

I only ever bought Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe before I gave up and sold the thing. Nintendo still hasn't made a single game that excites me since then. Same old recycled franchise casual shit. Tears of the Kingdom looks good, but I will just play it on PC with an emulator to avoid that trash tier Switch hardware ruining my experience.

Avatar image for christiaanbass6
ChristiaanBass6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ChristiaanBass6
Member since 2016 • 16 Posts

Xbox One and Xbox 360 for me....No hate towards them at all and I'm not a PS fanboy...just never really got into them that much and the exclusives were bland and boring to me... I'm a pc, ps and SNES player...

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Honestly, I've loved them all. Even my Game Gear, which I only played like three times.

If I had ever bought an Xbox console my answer would be different.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3505 Posts

PS4 Pro. Didn't really delivered on performance and was extremely noisy. Followed by the PSVR, bad image quality and lack of must have software. But I still enjoyed stuff on both.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hardwenzen

@kathaariancode said:

PS4 Pro. Didn't really delivered on performance and was extremely noisy. Followed by the PSVR, bad image quality and lack of must have software. But I still enjoyed stuff on both.

Same Jag cpu. Don't expect much from the so called "upgrade".

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22969 Posts

Probably the n64 or the GameCube. I was in a lull for gaming at the time because I was focused on college, but both of those consoles were wet farts when I sold them... N64 had ungodly expensive games at launch and I remember thinking it wasn't sustainable for me. I wasn't overly impressed by the games either outside of Mario 64 at the time. I sold it and purchased my first guitar, which has payed me back innumerable. Thanks nintendo!

The GameCube just had no games after launch for a long time. Rogue squadron and smash (meh) and then a vacuum until re1 came out on it... I remember feeling like Nintendo was just jerkijg me around so I bought an Xbox which was much more fun.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23727 Posts

2600. My first console, was a hand me down from the older bro. Some good memories, but very little I enjoyed about it at the time and the only console I've owned with zero games I'd still play.

Runners up, PS4 and XBX. Not bad systems, just times were changing. PS4 ended up being a Bloodborne box. XBX I bought specifically as a Ninja Gaiden box.

Oh yeah, PSP too. Tbf, not into handheld gaming anyways. Bought it for MGS Portable Ops, trash game. Sold it. Hear it went on to be a decent system, but oh well.

RPG-er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RPG-er
Member since 2003 • 19301 Posts

Of the active system, quest 2. Don't know if that counts. The main appeal is that it's standalone and wireless. but I use it mostly linked to my pc with Steam. I would have got with a different VR headset if that's the case.

Out of all the systems, the wii u. I think retired too quickly. I just imagine how great DS ports would have been on it. TV as the top screen, and gamepad as the touchscreen.
Smash was the main game I played. Spend too much for a system for 1 game, including accessories like the gc adapter.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

Sadly I'm gonna say the Switch. It's the only system I've owned that I regret buying. I wanna say Zelda made it worth it, but I gave up in that game after breaking about 1000 swords. Vita is a close second.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 748 Posts

I'll go with the Wii and the Xbox One. Wii because it was a gimmick.

And the Xbox One because I had such high expectations after the 360 and was entirely let down for a whole generation.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 492 Posts

Nintendo Wii

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Probably PS2... Had some games I enjoyed but overall I never really clicked with it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Probably PS2... Had some games I enjoyed but overall I never really clicked with it.

Liar. The worst system you've owned is the Wii, closely followed by the Switch. Be straight with me for once.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By hardwenzen
@BassMan said:

Nintendo Switch. I had not bought a Nintendo system since GameCube. I avoided the Wii and Wii U because they were trash. I am not a portable gamer and I knew the Switch hardware was trash tier. However, I bought one at launch hoping that Nintendo would renew their focus for developing games for core gamers. My plan was to experience those games mostly in docked mode. I even bought the Pro controller. What a waste all of that was.

I only ever bought Breath of the Wild, Super Mario Odyssey, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe before I gave up and sold the thing. Nintendo still hasn't made a single game that excites me since then. Same old recycled franchise casual shit. Tears of the Kingdom looks good, but I will just play it on PC with an emulator to avoid that trash tier Switch hardware ruining my experience.

You're such a Nintendo troll. And people call me a Nintendo hater... You sold the damn system, which makes you a much bigger hater than i ever was.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts

Possibly the Switch even though I still love it; I can't help but resent how much credit it gets though. The Vita did what it did better and earlier in my opinion; I also hate the ergonomics of it. It's big enough to be clunky and hard to hold and those joycons are so thin they are the only controllers to make my hands hurt. lack of dpad and tiny buttons suck too. I guess the fanbase screaming about how every game would be "perfect for the switch" is just annoying.

Though I've still had some great times playing its great games, I just don't like the system itself.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Of all the systems I have owned I think the one I didn't like really was the PSP. Not many of the games available for it appealed to me. also some bizarre cost cutting with he controls really hurt (only 1 stick for example).

I remember using it to sometimes stream games from my PS3 (usually PS1 games as the PSP lacked some controller functionality). Other than that....very clunky and meh system.

The vita was great though. Sony didnt do a great job of supporting it but it was full of hidden gems and it's where i became a fan of the Ys Series.

The Wiiu, in hindsight, was also a poor system. It was an interesting idea but Nintendo didn't have the games to back it up. Also basically all the best Wiiu games are on the Switch now. The only hold out really is Xenoblade X. Through a combination of deals, i paid very little money for my wiiu though so i'm not too salty about that.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SolidGame_basic

Surprised by so many people mentioning the Switch. To me it’s the best Nintendo system in like decades LOL.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@SolidGame_basic:

Switch is far from being one of my picks, but I kinda get it. Switch is the best Nintendo console in decades if you're talking third party support. But unless you're really into the handheld aspect, probably gonna play those third party games elsewhere. And if you were one of the few who actually did own a WiiU, well, a lot of the Switch exclusive library is padded out with WiiU games. Not a bad thing, glad a lot of those games got a second chance. But still.

I don't play third party stuff on Switch and I did play the WiiU games in their time. So yeah, it's been slim on the releases I care for. Maybe not my least favorite Nintendo console, but it'd be in that discussion.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidGame_basic

@ConanTheStoner said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Switch is far from being one of my picks, but I kinda get it. Switch is the best Nintendo console in decades if you're talking third party support. But unless you're really into the handheld aspect, probably gonna play those third party games elsewhere. And if you were one of the few who actually did own a WiiU, well, a lot of the Switch exclusive library is padded out with WiiU games. Not a bad thing, glad a lot of those games got a second chance. But still.

I don't play third party stuff on Switch and I did play the WiiU games in their time. So yeah, it's been slim on the releases I care for. Maybe not my least favorite Nintendo console, but it'd be in that discussion.

But you love Mario Odyssey, it was one of your GOATs, isn’t it? Don’t you sing the Mario Odyssey song??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

You're such a Nintendo troll. And people call me a Nintendo hater... You sold the damn system, which makes you a much bigger hater than i ever was.

I am not a hater at all. I sold the Switch because it was shit. I want to enjoy Nintendo games, but their shit hardware and focus on casuals makes it hard for me to do that. They are mostly irrelevant to me now. There is the odd game that peaks my interest, but that is rare these days.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ConanTheStoner
@SolidGame_basic said:

But you love Mario Odyssey, it was one of your GOATs, isn’t it? Don’t you sing the Mario Odyssey song??

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BassMan

@ConanTheStoner said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

LOL, Odyssey is such a disappointment. 7/10 game, but manages to get a 10 because of fanboys.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ConanTheStoner

@BassMan:

I hear ya. Thought it was a damn good game. Don't care about scores, but yeah, certainly wouldn't give it a 10. Way too many unnecessary filler moons. Cloud and Lost kingdoms were mostly a waste of space, way unfortunate for the latter. And the game definitely could've benefited from more of the linear platforming sections.

Still, there is a ton of good content, the mechanics make for some slick high end play, and (not excusing the game for it), but when you know what the filler/skip material is, definitely a good time on the replay.

The "wtf" pic was about Solids response having nothing to do with the convo.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

I am not a hater at all. I sold the Switch because it was shit. I want to enjoy Nintendo games, but their shit hardware and focus on casuals makes it hard for me to do that. They are mostly irrelevant to me now. There is the odd game that peaks my interest, but that is rare these days.

Bro, this is being a hating on an imaginable scale.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ConanTheStoner

It is fortunate that Nintendo games emulate well. Still play some Switch games, but think it's been over a year since I've booted up the system lol.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BassMan

@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

How is that hating? I bought it knowing the hardware was shit but with intentions of enjoying some Nintendo exclusives. Nintendo didn't deliver on the games, so I sold it. If I was a hater I would never have bought it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By BassMan
@ConanTheStoner said:

It is fortunate that Nintendo games emulate well. Still play some Switch games, but think it's been over a year since I've booted up the system lol.

Yeah, no point in using the system anymore if the games are much higher quality on PC.

As for Odyssey, it was nothing special. At no point did I feel the 'Nintendo/Mario Magic'. I enjoyed A Hat in Time about the same and that is made my by a small indie studio. That is my biggest issue with Nintendo these days... they are nothing special. They used to be back in the day, but now there are so many developers that make games that are just as good or better than Nintendo's offerings.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

How is that hating? I bought it knowing the hardware was shit but with intentions of enjoying some Nintendo exclusives. Nintendo didn't deliver on the games, so I sold it. If I was a hater I would never have bought it.

You bought it to blend in, to give us an illusion of not being a hater. The amount of effort that was invested in all of that is impressive to me. I would never have the strength to do what you've done. You deserve to have a 4090.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Switch

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6203 Posts

Had a PS3 for a little while. Sounded like an aircraft engine, so loud.

Guess thats probably the worst one I had.