When Oblivion 360 update comes out, it will look better than PS3 version

This topic is locked from further discussion.

viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 viper7721
Member since 2006 • 329 Posts
The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA.  The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA.  So again, the 360 wins.  No big surprise.
vistamanV5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 vistamanV5
Member since 2005 • 957 Posts
The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA. The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA. So again, the 360 wins. No big surprise.
viper7721
I swear this Oblvion thing is getting out of control, its a year old port let the cows enjoy, god knows its the only good news they got.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
[QUOTE="viper7721"]The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA. The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA. So again, the 360 wins. No big surprise.
vistamanV5
I swear this Oblvion thing is getting out of control, its a year old port let the cows enjoy, god knows its the only good news they got.

I agree, oblivion is not that big of a deal.
-SR388-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -SR388-
will it make it any less boring? i highly doubt it
choasgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 choasgod
Member since 2005 • 5710 Posts
[QUOTE="viper7721"]The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA. The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA. So again, the 360 wins. No big surprise.
vistamanV5

lol i know what you mean ...

I do wonder though why the hardcore lemmings have gone into damage control ... i wonder if they know the Oblivion patch isnt going to replace all the textures - isnt going to optimise code for reduced loading times and it anit gonig to massivly increase draw distance ...

In the end the 360 patch should fix some issues - reduce framerate drops, draw distance and shaders may be a little more effecient now ... thats about it ... thats all 360 owners should expect for a game thats more than a year old !
viper7721

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 viper7721
[QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="viper7721"]The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA. The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA. So again, the 360 wins. No big surprise.
choasgod

I do wonder though why the hardcore lemmings have gone into damage control ... i wonder if they know the Oblivion patch isnt going to replace all the textures - isnt going to optimise code for reduced loading times and it anit gonig to massivly increase draw distance ...

In the end the 360 patch should fix some issues - reduce framerate drops, draw distance and shaders may be a little more effecient now ... thats about it ... thats all 360 owners should expect for a game thats more than a year old !

Nice try, but the 360 version WILL look better than the PS3 version. That's just the way it is, the 360 is just a more powerful system.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Who gives a toss, both versions are just fighting for 2nd place.
WillKillsM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 WillKillsM
Member since 2006 • 586 Posts
The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA.  The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA.  So again, the 360 wins.  No big surprise.
viper7721
You speak of an update, but you don't supply a credible link about it. Stop thinking this and accept that the PS3's is better in the long run, or supply the link to back up your statement. Otherwise you FAIL!
WillKillsM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 WillKillsM
Member since 2006 • 586 Posts
[QUOTE="choasgod"][QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="viper7721"]The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA. The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA. So again, the 360 wins. No big surprise.
viper7721

Nice try, but the 360 version WILL look better than the PS3 version. That's just the way it is, the 360 is just a more powerful system.

Link to back yourself up, otherwise you fail.
xxgunslingerxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xxgunslingerxx
Member since 2005 • 4275 Posts

[QUOTE="choasgod"][QUOTE="vistamanV5"][QUOTE="viper7721"]The 360 version will have improved draw distance + AA. The PS3 version will only have improved draw distance, but no AA. So again, the 360 wins. No big surprise.
viper7721

wow good arguement obliviion WILL look better on the gameboy advance because the gameboy advance is a more powerful system...

please my be more logical cause ur just making urself look dumb

btw where did it actually ever say the 360 verison will get better draw distances or better frame rates or better load times? from all the link ive read they only state obilvion for th e360 will get better textures

v-vega75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 v-vega75
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts
http://www.1up.com/do/minisite?cId=3145462 17: mins into the vid the talk about the 360 update. dev have fix the unified shader code.and 360 will get it fixed
chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts

will it make it any less boring? i highly doubt it-SR388-

lol its funny but oh so true
daveg1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 daveg1
Member since 2005 • 20405 Posts
i didnt know the 360 version was getting updated graphics but just a new map!?
Avatar image for Diggler12Inchez
Diggler12Inchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Diggler12Inchez
Member since 2007 • 43 Posts
wow some lemmings have gone mad, this thread is a disservice to all good lemmings out there who dont just assume crap and chalk it off as fact.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i think the PS3 version will even have better textures.. hard to believe, but it's been said... however... who cares. it's a boring game.