Who really cares about TR when PS4 has Uncharted?

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Whilst I am disappointed a little it isn't the end of the world and plus 360 games like Mass Effect and Bioshock jumped over to the PS3 about a year later and when comparing Uncharted to Tomb Raider it can be summed up in a couple of ways.

The originals on the old PS1 are long time fans favorites whilst many of the newer fans cherished the reboot which felt like it took out certain aspects from the likes of Far Cry,Uncharted,Assassins Creed,Batman Arkham games with the upgrades. The game lacked puzzles and the voice acting was pretty mediocre in terms of a very forgettable cast.

Uncharted did take certain aspects from Tomb Raider but also from the likes of third person shooters like Gears of War as well. The games are not the best when it comes to puzzle elements but in terms of pacing it works very nicely partically in number 2.

Me personally I did like the reboot but I can't say it was better than Uncharted 2 or 3 but I was looking forward to this coming out towards the end of the year 2015 with Uncharted 4 but I am interested in playing the Temple of Orisis when it's made available.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

There are 8 Tomb Raider threads on the front page of System Wars so I would say people care.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#53 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

Tomb Raider is much better than Uncharted. Has more content, is less linear. Has proper exploration, somewhat open environments....

I do not understand the hate for TR reborn. Only idiots judge a game by it's predecessors. TR is very good on it's own, as someone who hasn't played any of the previous TR games.

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

I care about it (more so than Uncharted) and it's the second tick in the getting an XB1 at some point could be worthwhile box for me. I'm still currently more interested in PS4 but at the moment neither has enough going for it for me to make a purchase. Will stick with PC/Wii U/3DS for now.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

Only idiots judge a game by it's predecessors.

That's how evolution works my friend. Both biological and social. Getting angry at the universe sadly does not change how it works.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

what about pc TC ? TR also got fans over there, now pc gamers have to settle for this weak ass XposBone if they really want it.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

Just because you have one it doesn't mean you can't enjoy the other.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12067 Posts

Man the jimmy rustling move of making TR exclusive is driving Mad Cow disease to levels I have not seen in a while here.

GSpot might need to order a beef quarantine if this keeps up.

I didn't play the last TR, I am hoping it will be a free game on The One to help drive sales for the sequel.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@uninspiredcup

Well... You should never be predictable.... Thats how the Alien Cyborgs get you and reprogram you into their slaves.... :(

Gotta keep switching it up if you wana survive.

I've been called alot of things on these boards... But I've never been called a fanboy... Of anything, nobody can put me in a category because I'm so random that it borders on contradiction... Bi-polar even.

I' think thats quite an acclomplishment, don't you ? :)

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#60  Edited By shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@MBirdy88: you said you played TLOU yet i can't find it on your "PSN" on raptr.....hmmmm strange ? what even more strange is that Raptr site is showing that you only played 19 games on ps3 but on your PSN on the Offical PSN site show that you played 2 games on ps3

Raptr http://raptr.com/MBirdy88/games/sort/achievements?sort_by=last_played

Offical PSN Profile http://psnprofiles.com/MBirdy88&completion=all&order=played&pf=all#content

this is my New ps3 Psn account on the offical Psn site http://psnprofiles.com/ezz2013 ...which show the same game i indeed played on that account or own but yet to play

this only mean 2 things... you have fake psn account you made on Raptr (this site is knowen for fake accounts) or somthing is wrong with the offical PSN site ...which is almost impossible and also mean you lie about playing TLOU on Ps4 or Ps3

if i'm wrong though...i will gladly say i'm wrong

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 uninspiredcup

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@uninspiredcup

Well... You should never be predictable.... Thats how the Alien Cyborgs get you and reprogram you into their slaves.... :(

Gotta keep switching it up if you wana survive.

I've been called alot of things on these boards... But I've never been called a fanboy... Of anything, nobody can put me in a category because I'm so random that it borders on contradiction... Bi-polar even.

I' think thats quite an acclomplishment, don't you ? :)

I admire you as a bee admires a flower emitting pollen. In many ways, you are essentially a better version of Jesus.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

When Tomb Raider ended up being better than Uncharted 3? I sure care.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By uninspiredcup

@Bread_or_Decide said:

It happened in the 90's.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

My problem with the current TB game is that it lacked the actual tomb raiding and exploration the orignal 3 had. The first game was awesome because of level design.

There wasn't reall a focus on narrative, just an overall plotline to drive it. The best part of the original was the insane locations you could find, liek a Colosseum beneath the earth. Or the T-Rex and dinossaurs because, **** it why not?

If RoTB goes back to environments like these, even if still focuses on narrative and TPS mechanics, i can see it being much better than UC for me.

For now, it feels like an average clone. Well made, better shooting, but overall, didn't connect the dots as well as uncharted.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Lulu_Lulu said:

@Heirren

Welcome to the age of Genre Splicing, Tomb Raider is an Action Adventure game, granted it just barely made that description but thats what it is and many other games are switching and merging genre's too. It doesn't make a game worse, atleast it didn't make this specific game worse.

The Backtracking was optional if you wanted to scavenge for certain collectables, you can playthrough the game just fine only moving foward.

You're right though, its platforming was mediocre, but it was reliable and consistant.... Cant say the same for any of the Uncharted games.

Dynamic Battle System ? You mean the one that repeats its self over and over and has little to no variation, thats what dyamic means ? Oh okay then...

It does make the game worse because it includes a myriad of "gameplay types" just for the sake of being able to label it as such. When qtes are taking away moments of potentially player controlled gameplay, it affects the game imo. Exploration for length padding, etc.

I won't rave about Uncharted as a platformer because it isn't one. The rock climbing is weak, but it is currently used as a gap/story/setting device. It is one area Uncharted could improve. Instead of stopping to open up a virtual journal to figure out "puzzles", Uncharted ought to be using the rock climbing/platforming as the puzzle sections of the game, sort of like the game Catherine. That is my only major gripe with Uncharted. And yes, the battles are dynamic. It is why I even bothered to go through the series multiple times. Not for the story, not for the visuals, but because the battles were fun and could be approached in multiple ways.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

It happened in the 90's.

You mean when Uncharted wasn't invented yet.?

MoneySha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By MoneySha
Member since 2013 • 209 Posts

Meh! I'm not butthurt at all about the Tomb Raider exclusivity... Microsoft and Xbox fans can have at it; I'm still not going to buy a whole new console just for this one game.

I just wish Microsoft would stop using their money to cock-block other gamers from enjoying multiplatform games and start using it (instead) to make exclusive games of their own.

And Crystal Dynamics are a bunch of morons for taking such a bribe; especially considering the fact, they barely made bank off the first game. Not to mention that both the original and Definitive version of Tomb Raider sold more on PS4 and PC.

And now, they choose to make the sequel, exclusive, to the one console that barely contributed to the Definitive version; not to mention, has the least user base and still lagging behind the 5 millions (somewhere); meanwhile, PS4 has just reached 10 million... But, they just wanna make their game accessible to only 5 million??? Less then that, considering how many of those 5 million actually like Tomb Raider...

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#68  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Originally both series were completely different even though people said that Uncharted was the Dude Raider. Then the TB reboot came and at its core is literally an Uncharted carbon copy but CD made sure to include enough original elements. And it's in those new ideas where both series still offer vastly different experiences. Example, the TB reboot has some degree of exploration of which Uncharted series offers none.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Lulu_Lulu

@uninspiredcup

I don't get why people love Jesus so much... If he was that awesome then he would have an AAA game by now..... With co-op.... :p

Avatar image for 001011000101101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 337

#70  Edited By 001011000101101
Member since 2008 • 4395 Posts

Kind of what I was thinking when I heard the announcement. I guess the last Tomb Raider was good but meh.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

It will be nice to play both but if I have to choose 1 than I'll take Uncharted over Tomb Raider for sure. But like any XB1 3rd party exclusive, I'm sure it will hit other platforms sooner than people expected!

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 shadiezz2012

never cared about TR2013 and don't care about this one too ....i have the first one on my PC and can't bring my self too finish it with it boring story and the clear as day Uncharted gameplay rip off and it's not even as fun

also i laugh at those who say Uncharted took alot from old Tomb Raider games which can't be more wrong since they share nothing in commen other than going after the gold but the TR reboot is pretty much uncharted but with bad story and a girl as the main character

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

@Gue1: they should have kept the original core, there was really no need to take that much from the uncharted series, it's so sad to see tomb raider likened to an uncharted knock off, it's quite insulting to be frank. As an artist myself, one thing I don't want to be told is I'm doing a cheap knock off of someone else's work, it's an insult to my pride but I suppose crystal dynamics could care less about integrity cause for them it's all about money. I notice some of their decisions seem to be money motivated rather than passion led but what do I know

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

My problem with the current TB game is that it lacked the actual tomb raiding and exploration the orignal 3 had. The first game was awesome because of level design.

There wasn't reall a focus on narrative, just an overall plotline to drive it. The best part of the original was the insane locations you could find, liek a Colosseum beneath the earth. Or the T-Rex and dinossaurs because, **** it why not?

If RoTB goes back to environments like these, even if still focuses on narrative and TPS mechanics, i can see it being much better than UC for me.

For now, it feels like an average clone. Well made, better shooting, but overall, didn't connect the dots as well as uncharted.

Come on...the bow action in TR is top notch. BOW ACTION.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By uninspiredcup

@tormentos said:

@uninspiredcup said:

@Bread_or_Decide said:

It happened in the 90's.

You mean when Uncharted wasn't invented yet.?

Yes? Unless the 90's never happened and somehow, Uncharted became significantly better?

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Lulu_Lulu

@Heirren

Well according to Extra Credits theres a general rule of Thumb when Splicing Genres together, you should only combine genres that facilate the same general Idea. And whats the general idea about Tomb Raider ? To be clever ofcourse ! So everything from its Platforming to its Combat has "Cleverness" as a common element.

But thats just what extra credits thinks, ne personally I'l play any mish mash of Ideas as long as they are fun. Regardless if their philosophies clash... Thats just how Lulu is wired.

What Tomb Raider does with QTEs Uncharted does with Cutscenes so really it doesn't matter. Besides the QTEs are few and far between.... hardly a deal breaker.

"I won't rave about Uncharted as a platformer because it isn't one."

Neither is Tomb Raider.... So why did you bring it up ?

As For Uncharted's "Dynamic Battles" they are far from being the open ended spectacles cows make them out to be. Choosing where to blast enemies from was interesting but it wore thin after a while, the stealth was also unreliable over more than half of the game's encounters, the level design just doesn't allow for both to be equally viable in every section. It was ambitious and heavily flawed, They wouldve been better off if they just stuck to one but instead they spread themselves far too thin just for The Idea of Dynamic Combat.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cows seem to care about it

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

I like them both, but Uncharted is obviously better and has top 5 GOAT behind it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@shadiezz2012 said:

@MBirdy88: you said you played TLOU yet i can't find it on your "PSN" on raptr.....hmmmm strange ? what even more strange is that Raptr site is showing that you only played 19 games on ps3 but on your PSN on the Offical PSN site show that you played 2 games on ps3

Raptr http://raptr.com/MBirdy88/games/sort/achievements?sort_by=last_played

Offical PSN Profile http://psnprofiles.com/MBirdy88&completion=all&order=played&pf=all#content

this is my New ps3 Psn account on the offical Psn site http://psnprofiles.com/ezz2013 ...which show the same game i indeed played on that account or own but yet to play

this only mean 2 things... you have fake psn account you made on Raptr (this site is knowen for fake accounts) or somthing is wrong with the offical PSN site ...which is almost impossible and also mean you lie about playing TLOU on Ps4 or Ps3

if i'm wrong though...i will gladly say i'm wrong

Thats PSN being stupid clearly? fake raptr accounts? yes... I went and magically hacked Raptr to win System War arguements >_> get a grip on reality now.

TLOU I've already explained it wasn't mine as I traded in my PS3 only having played those said games... I was consoless most of the 2nd half of last gen.

Still.... PSN MBirdy88 .... TLOU:R (though I've only just got it) ... so yea. not sure what your trying to achieve ... but either way good luck with that.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#80 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

If Uncharted 3 is any indication, people who like better game play.

For all of Tomb Raider's short comings, it simply has a better direction from a game play perspective. If they can nail the tombs, exploring, surviving elements with the predator styled combat from the original, and none of the whiz bang explosive stupid shit (like fucking planes falling down on her) than Rise of the Tomb Raider should be a fucking beast of an action/adventure game. On the flip side Uncharted 4 is going to be another level by level cinematic action game romp. And unless they come up with some creative and fun set pieces like Uncharted 2, it's going to feel like a mighty been there, done that, and this is super shallow experience.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Cows seem to care about it

Of course. Watching lems try and scramble and say a mulit plat matters is funny!

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#82  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

@parkurtommo said:

Tomb Raider is much better than Uncharted. Has more content, is less linear. Has proper exploration, somewhat open environments....

I do not understand the hate for TR reborn. Only idiots judge a game by it's predecessors. TR is very good on it's own, as someone who hasn't played any of the previous TR games.

While you are correct a reboot should be judged on its direction, it is also just as justified to point out that a series set a certain bar for exploration and puzzle designs. Which the old Tomb Raider games while never challenging in either regard, had way more going for them in those departments than the new game ever did. It's like the people who didn't get the complaints about DmC. I went from getting a beast of a battle engine to an above average one. That regardless of "new dev" or "new direction" or "new game" is absolutely justified for the player to be bothered by that.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

Why all the anger? ps4 has uncharted. the best tomb raiding game ever made lol.

Well, judging from the unprecedented fire storm that it has caused all over the interwebs...I would guess a lot of people care?

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

Valid point

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#85  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

I'd much rather have TR over uncharted, TR gameplay is alot better, you could explore alot more than UC. Uncharted is good to watch.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22976 Posts

It feels like 2007 damage control in here less than 24 hours after the god box megaton... #datLara.

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I'm not gonna lie. I care.

I may have had more fun with the Uncharted games and I'm definitely a lot more excited for Uncharted 4 than I am another Tomb Raider, but I finally played the reboot for the first time a few months ago and I had a blast and would have definitely picked the sequel up for sure.

Now though? Even if I get an Xbox, I won't buy the damn game. Even if they do eventually port it to ps4, I'd likely just buy it new off of ebay from someone for a little bit less just so I'm not giving those assholes my money.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By shadiezz2012
@MBirdy88 said:

Thats PSN being stupid clearly? fake raptr accounts? yes... I went and magically hacked Raptr to win System War arguements >_> get a grip on reality now.

TLOU I've already explained it wasn't mine as I traded in my PS3 only having played those said games... I was consoless most of the 2nd half of last gen.

Still.... PSN MBirdy88 .... TLOU:R (though I've only just got it) ... so yea. not sure what your trying to achieve ... but either way good luck with that.

i'm not trying anything ,you said many times that you played TLOU and i didn't find it on your psn so i thought that was strange .

i still don't understand how Offical PSN site can act stupid on this matter ,i owned alot of Ps3s over the years and every time my account on that site show the game i do own .

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#89 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Relax . The game is timed exclusive , just confirmed by Phil Spencer at Eurogamer .

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

Why all the anger? ps4 has uncharted. the best tomb raiding game ever made lol.

I really liked the latest Tomb Raider. I'd put it up there with Uncharted in terms of quality.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#91 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

They're both boring.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Yes? Unless the 90's never happened and somehow, Uncharted became significantly better?

The 90's are far gone and while the best Tomb Raider games were 1 and 2,still Uncharted is a better series specially after after the first chapter 2 and 3.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#93 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14420 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

Tomb Raider still had plenty of exploration.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#94 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Tomb Raider is overall better than Uncharted so yeah though it is inferior with the cinematic aspects

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22976 Posts

@handssss: what if ms stepped in and made the deal as the catalyst to start this project...? Square has been on record siting disappointment over tomb raider sales (even though they have no problem continuing the steaming turd that is final fantasy)... what if the very existence of this game was born from microsoft initiative.... still don't wanna support the dev and franchise you really like for a silly notion that someone stole it away from you?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@shadiezz2012 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

i'm not trying anything ,you said many times that you played TLOU and i didn't find it on your psn so i thought that was strange .

i still don't understand how Offical PSN site can act stupid on this matter ,i owned alot of Ps3s over the years and every time my account on that site show the game i do own .

no idea... it hasnt been used in years... maybe thats why?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@shadiezz2012 said:
@MBirdy88 said:

no idea... it hasnt been used in years... maybe thats why?

oh its a timed exclusive, never mind.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

You will care about TR when it hits the PS4 6 months later with all the DLC .