Wii u vs PS4 vs Xbone vs PC Why the big lead in America when PC beats for 325$

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Infinity8378
Member since 2007 • 237 Posts

This PC is cheaper and it smokes them both?

$325

CPU-$78

https://www.allhdd.com/processor/intel-xeon-six-core/2.66ghz/slbv3-intel-xeon-x5650-six-core-2.66ghz-1.5mb-l2-cache-12mb-l3-cache-6.4gt-s-qpi-speed-socket-fclga1366-32nm-95w-processor.-new-bulk-pack./?src=ggl&gclid=CjwKEAjw-_e7BRDs97mdpJzXwh0SJABSdUH06XXQ6VDDAg207m0MamUEYIWukg-MXyNDvEpUcf2XBhoC9KPw_wcB

Motherboard $81.00 http://www.aliexpress.com/wholesale?SearchText=lga1366+motherboard&minPrice=&maxPrice=100&isBigSale=n&isFreeShip=n&isOnSale=n&isFavorite=n&isRtl=n&isLocalReturn=n&isMobileExclusive=n&shipCountry=us&shipFromCountry=&shipCompanies=&CatId=708045&g=y&initiative_id=AS_20160315091857&needQuery=y

RAM $24

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/gp8H99/pny-memory-md8gsd316009ab

$109.99-124.99

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/QWbkcf/evga-video-card-02gp42958kr

or

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/FDx9TW/evga-video-card-02gp42956kr

$12.99

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/2cDwrH/logisys-power-supply-ps480dbk

Storage 1 USB FLASH

http://www.dhgate.com/product/original-seal-lenovo-t160-64gb-128gb-256gb/213744903.html#s1-0-1b

Case

http://www.provantage.com/antec-vsk3000e~7ANTG07X.htm?source=googleps&gclid=CjwKEAiA64uyBRCVmKyT2vuAjzgSJADfINB63QMFQL6S4A2iHNvXxRpYVyO6rbfKTp4qv4msWpEo4RoC2Xzw_wcB

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Infinity8378

@Infinity8378: You can use a regular harddrive too I just liked the price for 256GB.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/rd7wrH/western-digital-internal-hard-drive-wd3200aajs

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

Jesus... another of these rediculous threads.

*face palm*

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@Infinity8378:

What kind of controller?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#5 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Ew, don't get a 950 unless you play only League or something.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Yeah that's gonna have a lifetime of how many years before it's obsolete? I honestly can't believe you'd want a shit PC instead of building a decent one.

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Infinity8378

I thought PS4,Xbox,Pro Controller were just Regular controllers?

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

These threads are pointless to me. But yeah pc hardware is cheap now and with the launch of the 1060 even more cheaper

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Infinity8378

@Kruiz_Bathory:

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-AMD-FX-8350/m355vs1489

CPU benches better than FX-8350

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_value.html

3rd Best value GPU overclocked with FTW

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

Building a pc that is better than console has been cheap for a while. Console extremist will try to downplay that and don't have any arguments nowadays.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

I really don't agree with cheap ass 'gaming' PC's. In my view if you're going to do it, do it right or don't bother.

I suppose I can afford to own a high end PC.

You have to take into account that not everyone wants to game on PC, for which they have numerous reasons. Not everyone wants a Ferrari either.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

+$60 for Bluetooth and controller.

+$80 for Windows unless you go with Linux or Steam OS.

+$20 for KB/M.

+$50 for Blu-ray drive.

+Your time (Unless you are worthless, then disregard.)

Total: $535

Nobody is going to build a shit gaming PC. If you are going to that trouble you are going to build something decent.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kinthalis
Member since 2002 • 5503 Posts

I find it hilarious that this thing get's called a "shit" PC, and yet it outperforms the consoles in gaming benchmarks.

Consoles: when even a shit PC is too expensive for your burger flipping salary.

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Infinity8378

@skektek said:

+$60 for Bluetooth and controller.

+$80 for Windows unless you go with Linux or Steam OS.

+$20 for KB/M.

+$50 for Blu-ray drive.

+Your time (Unless you are worthless, then disregard.)

Total: $535

Nobody is going to build a shit gaming PC. If you are going to that trouble you are going to build something decent.

Controller - PS2/Xbox 360 controller

OS Steam OS

Keyboard and Mouse -Probably not needed if you have a desktop though Whatever.

Essentially no Additional Costs to play Games

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

A 6 years old CPU...pretty sure it would be beaten in single core performance by the newest Pentium\i3

Infinity8378

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Infinity8378

@MonsieurX said:

A 6 years old CPU...pretty sure it would be beaten in single core performance by the newest Pentium\i3

The FX-8350 is a 4-5 year old CPU

and

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3220

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100U/m355vsm37381

http://wccftech.com/intel-2016-roadmap-leaked-confirms-kaby-lakes-10-core-broadwelle-apollo-lake-processors/

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

Cheap ass PCs are absurd and unpractical. Aim at least at 800 bucks.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blabadon

@Kinthalis: man, I missed your shitty posts. Seeing you refrain yourself on NeoGAF isn't the same.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MonsieurX

@Infinity8378 said:
@MonsieurX said:

The FX-8350 is a 4-5 year old CPU

and

http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-Intel-Core-i3-3220

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Xeon-X5650-vs-Intel-Core-i3-6100U/m355vsm37381

http://wccftech.com/intel-2016-roadmap-leaked-confirms-kaby-lakes-10-core-broadwelle-apollo-lake-processors/

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kinthalis

@Blabadon said:

@Kinthalis: man, I missed your shitty posts. Seeing you refrain yourself on NeoGAF isn't the same.

And I missed your tears as well my friend.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
deactivated-5d1e44cf96229

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d1e44cf96229
Member since 2015 • 2814 Posts

Sigh, another one of these threads... Why do some PC gamers have such a difficult time understanding that many people just plain and simply prefer the console experience over gaming on a PC?

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

Because I don't want to build a pc, it's a hassle. I'm lazy and I want comfort.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kinthalis

@storm_of_swords said:

Sigh, another one of these threads... Why do some PC gamers have such a difficult time understanding that many people just plain and simply prefer the console experience over gaming on a PC?

I agree... though it's a much smaller number now a days than it used to be:

Active Steam users: 175 million

Active League of Legends Users: 90 Million

Active Battlenet PC users (Don't know for sure but estimated in the 10's of millions).

And that's not counting the gigantic PC online games in Asia and Russia.

Ps4's ever sold (we don't have numbers on active users but it's probably not too far off): ~ 40 million.

Xbone's ever sold (same as above): ~ 20 million.

MOST gamers play games on their PC. Many play on both PC and consoles. Another large chunk plays on consoles only.

I think mobile took/will continue to take a huge chunk out of console numbers this gen. In fact Mobile is probably the only gaming segment that can match PC in terms of pure numbers.

I also odn't see the point of the thread. Price isn't the only thing in the equation.

Some people just need to see a TV ad telling them that "Greatness awaits" or some such bullshit from a marketing salesperson in order to identify with a "brand".

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@Telekill said:

Jesus... another of these rediculous threads.

*face palm*

Yep... another PC gamer trying to convince everyone that "PC pwns consoles" blah blah. Whatevs.

@GarGx1 said:

I really don't agree with cheap ass 'gaming' PC's. In my view if you're going to do it, do it right or don't bother.

Totally agree.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#26 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Why would anybody waste money on building that piece of shit computer? Save yourself the hassle of building such a crappy PC and just get a console if you're content with performance and graphics only merely above the consoles. The consoles are going to provide a much more convenient and well polished experienced than that glorified calculated your posted ever would.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Kinthalis

@Wasdie said:

Why would anybody waste money on building that piece of shit computer? Save yourself the hassle of building such a crappy PC and just get a console if you're content with performance and graphics only merely above the consoles. The consoles are going to provide a much more convenient and well polished experienced than that glorified calculated your posted ever would.

Much more convenient and polished?

Lol. out of touch much?

I'd agree that the console still offer a lot of value, but The difference in temr sof convinience and polish are negligeable at best now a days.

You've been drinking the kool aid Wasdie.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Good console or SHIT PC ?

I guess that nobody is gonna choose shit PC.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

The point of PC gaming is to have something completely superior to console. Not to have a shit PC with slightly better specs on paper that you'll never notice due to poor optimization with those shitty parts.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kinthalis

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The point of PC gaming is to have something completely superior to console. Not to have a shit PC with slightly better specs on paper that you'll never notice due to poor optimization with those shitty parts.

That's the whole purpose of PC gaming? Weird. I thought it was the library of incredible and unique exclusives that dwarfs any console library, ever.

Or the open platform that allows for extensive modding of many titles, letting you replay them with new content and graphics.

Or the fact that you don't have to pay to play online and join onlien gaming communities that last entire generaitons.

My bad. It's just about the graphics. Got it.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MonsieurX

@storm_of_swords said:

What's the "console experience" exactly?

Couch + TV?

Controller?

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kinthalis

@MonsieurX said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Couch + TV?

Controller?

That's my experience on my PC, so it can't be.

Maybe he means several minute long load times? Several hour long downloads? No, maybe medium to low settings, and poor frame rate + screen tearing?

900p? I don't know...

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@MonsieurX said:
@storm_of_swords said:

Couch + TV?

Controller?

pay for online obv

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 NathanDrakeSwag

@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

That's the whole purpose of PC gaming? Weird. I thought it was the library of incredible and unique exclusives that dwarfs any console library, ever.

Or the open platform that allows for extensive modding of many titles, letting you replay them with new content and graphics.

Or the fact that you don't have to pay to play online and join onlien gaming communities that last entire generaitons.

Only if you're into RTS, MMOs or MOBAs. PC doesn't have exclusives in the same league as consoles. What is the PC equivalent to Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, Persona, Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros?

Your second point just further backs up what I said. Good luck taking advantage of graphics mods with the Goodwill build the TC posted.

Paying for online does suck. No argument there.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

LOL @ anyone who actually buys that potato PC instead of simply buying a console.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Blabadon

ITT: Kinthalis is trying to make PC gamers look bad

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Kinthalis

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Only if you're into RTS, MMOs or MOBAs. PC doesn't have exclusives in the same league as consoles. What is the PC equivalent to Uncharted, The Last of Us, God of War, Persona, Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros?

Your second point just further backs up what I said. Good luck taking advantage of graphics mods with the Goodwill build the TC posted.

In the same leugue as an on rails action adventure game with crappy third person shooting, and straight to dvd quality story? And.... almost the same exact game in the last of us, except maybe cable TV quality story?

Are you saying games that can compete in marketing budget? 'cause probably only a few then. If you mean cna compare in scope, gameplay, complexity, FUN, story, player agency in the narrative, etc, etc, then absolutley. Most of them.

I'd take a Totla War Warhammer, or a Pilalrs of Eternity, or a Shadowrun Draognfall, or Kerbal Space program (with the good controls and that doesn't crash and supports mods), or Stellaris, or Path of Exile, or Mount and Blade, or Civ VI over any Uncharted any day of the week.

It's funny how you tried to dimiss entire genres as not counting though. Nice try. Pc exlcusives also have no match in number. It's the only system that produces them without Sony or Microsoft spending cash to develop them. Everyone is basically multi-platform now a days, because it doesn't make any business sense to exclude either consoles or PC.

I cna count in one hand that has been sliced in half by a ninja (OUCH!) how many console exclusives I truly think are missed on PC.

Let's see... there's Red Dead and... Maybe a Halo collection, Bloodborne and maybe Until Dawn.

And it looks like we might get the Halo colleciton and posisbly red dead as a remaster on the new consoles + PC.

Simply put, the few console exclusives isn't much of an argument when msot great games are multi-platform anyway.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kinthalis

@Blabadon said:

ITT: Kinthalis is trying to make PC gamers look bad

And it's hard, since you're doing such a good job of making yourself look stupid.

Jeebus, give me a break here. It's hard to compete with your act.

Now... mind engaging me or someone else in an actual debate or discusison, ro are you going to kepe on attacking me personally this whole thread with your weird creepy stalkery posts?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Blabadon

@Kinthalis: damn man, calling me names on the internet, however will I sleep at night?

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#40 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14502 Posts

Software and ease of use

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 NathanDrakeSwag

@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

In the same leugue as an on rails action adventure game with crappy third person shooting, and straight to dvd quality story? And.... almost the same exact game in the last of us, except maybe cable TV quality story?

Are you saying games that can compete in marketing budget? 'cause probably only a few then. If you mean cna compare in scope, gameplay, complexity, FUN, story, player agency in the narrative, etc, etc, then absolutley. Most of them.

I'd take a Totla War Warhammer, or a Pilalrs of Eternity, or a Shadowrun Draognfall, or Kerbal Space program (with the good controls and that doesn't crash and supports mods), or Stellaris, or Path of Exile, or Mount and Blade, or Civ VI over any Uncharted any day of the week.

It's funny how you tried to dimiss entire genres as not counting though. Nice try. Pc exlcusives also have no match in number. It's the only system that produces them without Sony or Microsoft spending cash to develop them. Everyone is basically multi-platform now a days, because it doesn't make any business sense to exclude either consoles or PC.

So PC doesn't have any exclusive as good as the ones I listed. Thanks for proving my point.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kinthalis

@Blabadon said:

@Kinthalis: damn man, calling me names on the internet, however will I sleep at night?

Well, it's weird. You keep on tlkaing abotu my NeoGaf acocunt and trying to personally attack me. It's really creepy and kind of pathetic.

There's nothing stopping you from, you know, attacking my position and arguments instead. Hell I encourage you to do so!

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Blabadon

@Kinthalis: nah mate, if I wanted to argue with lame PC master race kids Reddit already exists

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Kinthalis

@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kinthalis said:

So PC doesn't have any exclusive as good as the ones I listed. Thanks for proving my point.

I'm not surprised your reading comprehension needs work.

No, to summarize:

PC exclusives: Most really good, some trash. Hundreds every year.

Console exclusives: A couple are really good, most trash. Like 1 or 2 a year.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Kinthalis

@Blabadon said:

@Kinthalis: nah mate, if I wanted to argue with lame PC master race kids Reddit already exists

I understand. There's no shame in relaizing you're just not up to forming a cogent argument.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I don't get it, is a premise of this thread that PC gaming is somehow not doing well?

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Blabadon

@Kinthalis: zzz

If you seriously think a $325 PC to play games is a worthwhile investment I have a beach house in Iowa I'd love to sell you.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#48  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@Infinity8378: Ok lets go through here with the issues I have for your PC build.

1: Never buy a Power Suppy for 18 bucks, never.

2: A GTX 950 barely runs games as well as consoles, and going forward it's going to get far worse. It's a low end card on an outdated generation, nothing will be optimized for it in the coming years and it's performance will plummet.

3: 11 Dollar case? I wouldn't

4: No operating system

5: Crummy CPU (old, unoptimized for current games)

6: Does not include a mouse or keyboard

7: No hard drive? How do you plan to properly game on a 60gb flash drive?

8: Consoles play blu-rays and support bluetooth...no support for that on your built pc

You're literally getting the crummiest butthole of a PC when you could just build an actually decent one that can out-pace the consoles for 500-600. At that point I rather have an X1/PS4 over that steaming pile of crap that will run games on medium settings at 40fps for a year before they barely run at all.

NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 NathanDrakeSwag

@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kinthalis said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@Kinthalis said:

I'm not surprised your reading comprehension needs work.

No, to summarize:

PC exclusives: Most really good, some trash. Hundreds every year.

Console exclusives: A couple are really good, most trash. Like 1 or 2 a year.

The only reason PC has any exclusives is because they are in genres that most console gamers don't like. Anything worthwhile eventually makes its way to console like The Witcher series. You don't see console gamers petitioning over Total War. You see PC gamers begging for everything consoles get that PC doesn't. You guys still can't even play Red Dead Redemption and you'll never get Bloodborne.

Kinthalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Kinthalis

@xantufrog said:

I don't get it, is a premise of this thread that PC gaming is somehow not doing well?

According to the OP, in the US, it's dying.