Would you be cool with MS putting gamepass on Playstation/Switch?

• 73 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Would you be cool with MS putting gamepass on Playstation/Switch? (61 votes)

Yeah that would be great! 66%
No should only be on xbox and PC 23%
Master Chiefs Metal Rear End 11%

Would you like to see gamepass on Playstation or Switch?

Why or why not?

• 
lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#51 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Phil said he wanted it, whether they'll let him is another thing entirely. I don't think they will though, there'd be worry it would eat into the game sales they make their royalties from. The question isn't whether Xbox will do it, it's if the other platforms would allow for it.

I've always wondered if Microsoft would toy with the idea of releasing some of their multiplat supported games with time trials / demos on other systems that unlock the full playable version when people link an XBL account with Game Pass privileges. That'd sure make a stink.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9434 Posts

I think the only entities that wouldn't be okay with it are named Sony and Nintendo.

Sure fanboys too, but they don't deserve consideration.

pmanden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 pmanden
Member since 2016 • 2966 Posts

Sure. The more subscribers, the better content we can expect.

Switch wouldn't get as many games as PlayStation, though, because of the limited hardware.

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

Of course. You know me, I dislike exclusivity...especially with games in general, but also services to an extent too, I suppose. If Game Pass brings both more games and a different service to a new audience, then I am 100% in favor of it.

Will never happen, though; Sony would be committing suicide by pulling that move. The only money you'd have to give Sony at that point would be the initial console purchase; after that, you wouldn't have to really give them a dime except for the one or two exclusives they get each year.

I don't see how that's that bad for sony. You subscribe to gamepass to get cod on your playstation, but you have to subscribe to ps+ to play online.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

Seems pointless since Xbox has no games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

We really must give a heartfelt thanks to MS because I think without Xbox in the game the whole gaming scene would have become stale, stagnant and lose all its mojo. ;o

That's why it's always, Xbox Won!! :P

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Would be interesting to see how increased the numbers would be if it released on ps5 and switch.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#58 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26114 Posts

It would be great.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#59 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

Yes, bring it on. More games to play in more places is always a good thing.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts

@BassMan said:

Of course I would be cool with it. It's all about the games and the more people that can play them, the better.

Yes....

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1282 Posts

It seems like PS already has some game subscription services from third parties like EA and Ubisoft, so I'm not sure why they would exclude ones from other companies. For Switch, I don't know if they will accept any of these services.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have these services at all though, but I guess that is up to the customer and the publishers who want to put their games on there.

There are a bunch of "what ifs", and it's always possible to speculate because it isn't transactional where you're buying something and you know what you get. It's never solid, and the terms of how you are served always change. Maybe these services should be up for whoever wants them, but I'm not convinced that any of these services will ultimately bring gaming to a good place down the road if it is a "you will own nothing and you will be happy" situation. Video streaming is already ending up sour IMO.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9600 Posts

It actually makes more sense to have an optional sub like that on outside sources.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I voted no, becuase all of the game that I love the xbox is from the OG to 360, which I still own. everything else that was released on the xb1 and up were just trash to me.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#64 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

Since I am a PS only guy, I want Game Pass on my PS.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#65 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16042 Posts

I would be fine with it as long as they don't abandon Xbox players.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

Sure, doesn't make Gamepass any level of a value, matter of fact it would increase the value.

Would likely keep the rate that the price goes up slower.

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#67 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

@Maroxad said:

The more I think of this, the more I want it.

Who knows, depending on Nintendo, this might even mean we can, just for once, have good online services on a Nintendo console.

The death of annoying debates is enticing. We're back to Playstation versus Nintendo. Platforms with a rich heritage in video game history and a true identity, fans dating back to the 80s and 1990s.

The video game industry never needed Xbox consoles, they offered an inferior PC experience, and being the lesser version of something isn't exactly an identity. It always baffled me that Xbox as a platform had fans to begin with.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

MS is about to rebrand gamepass to INCREASE the price of GP and or exclude those day and date titles to the highest tier which reduces the so-called value proposition of the service even to xbox fans much less Sony fans who have more games by default.

"XBOX GAMEPASS" as you know it is about to die. It about to become "Microsoft Game Pass."

Loading Video...

All the hubbub from xbox fans about gamepass can stop now. MS about to change all that shit.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts

I care very little. However, there's no way they'll allow it since most of the games in Gamepass are third party games where Sony makes a huge chunk of its cash. They'll lose a bunch on having that service on there. It's also crazy how people think that Gamepass was making MS any meaningful money.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20239 Posts
@Maroxad said:

The more I think of this, the more I want it.

Who knows, depending on Nintendo, this might even mean we can, just for once, have good online services on a Nintendo console.

It would make slightly more sense for Nintendo because third party games are scarce on the platform for now.

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 748 Posts

Why would I or anyone be upset about that? I think Game Pass is awesome, but it clearly isn't doing well enough for MS to sustain the program as it is. Let's bring it to other systems. Gamers win.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#72 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 723 Posts

lolol now the Sony Pony are begging for Game Pass!! Xbox Won!! Uncle Phil is happy to take all the money of all the plastic!!

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

The ONLY way Game Pass on PlayStation makes sense is if there’s some sort of Xbox first party only version of the service. PS+ and Game Pass have tons of crossover, meaning the two services as they currently are would be directly competing using a TON of the same 3rd party games. There’s no way in hell PlayStation allows that.