Wus up with all the bashing and hatin, admit it Home owned

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts

Face the reality in second life, Home owned.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#2 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts
Didn't pay much attention to it, so I can't comment one way or the other.
RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... 
SergeantSnitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SergeantSnitch
Member since 2007 • 3692 Posts

aka_aj03
Alba is bomb. Yes, Home did own.
Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
Home doesn't own. Hell, I've never even bashed it. I just express my distaste for it when you Cows won't shut the hell up about it.
WIIRUS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 WIIRUS
Member since 2007 • 257 Posts
X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... RKFS
QFT
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... RKFS

Playstation Home isnt about games??  i love it the many thread on home the hatin shows that  sony is doin somethin right..its a threat and it be really funny if microsoft copy sony..then lemming be like is amazing haha..
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="RKFS"]X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... ps3gen

Playstation Home isnt about games?? i love it the many thread on home the hatin shows that sony is doin somethin right..its a threat and it be really funny if microsoft copy sony..then lemming be like is amazing haha..

'The hatin' just shows how off Sony is, and how they fail to capture the hardcore gaming demographic.
jack244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jack244
Member since 2003 • 282 Posts

[QUOTE="RKFS"]X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... WIIRUS
QFT

Home has some neat features but seriously, how does this enchance the online for games much? Time should be spent playing games not walking around in a virtual town.

RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
[QUOTE="RKFS"]X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... ps3gen

Playstation Home isnt about games?? i love it the many thread on home the hatin shows that sony is doin somethin right..its a threat and it be really funny if microsoft copy sony..then lemming be like is amazing haha..

Incomprehensible.
JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JimmyT2
Member since 2007 • 771 Posts
Home is overrated and looks boring. Just watch that video to see what I mean.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts
How? Am I going to load up my virtual guy to turn on an imaginary stereo in my virtual apartment, or am I just going to pick an MP3 from the Cross Media Bar?

Am I going to go online in the browser and just watch trailers online, or am I going to have my virtual guy walk around for a few minutes, sit down in a virtual theater, stare at a bunch of very real and annoying ads, and then watch the trailer?

Am I going to meet up with my friends quickly in a game, or am I going to have my virtual guy walk around my virtual apartment to my virtual phone and "invite them over" - wait for them to come to my virtual apartment, and then we'll all sit down at my virtual couch to play my virtual PS3 (wait aren't we already playing PS3 in real life - confusing) and then it will launch the game we want to play? Ughh...

Home sucks. You can't interact with people like in Second Life, yet they want you to spend real money to get clothes, items, et cetera - and replace the match loading screens with a bunch of ads you have to walk past as your virtual guy before you even get to play a game.

Sorry - it's JUST AN INTERFACE - it doesn't improve the lackluster PSN in any way.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ps3gen
Home is overrated and looks boring. Just watch that video to see what I mean. JimmyT2

lol ..what like this video ..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgVndZg7-aM
Marduke382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Marduke382
Member since 2005 • 1328 Posts
Yes, It's the future, fanboys will always hate it though. :wink:
JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 JimmyT2

[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Home is overrated and looks boring. Just watch that video to see what I mean. ps3gen

Yep. That's the one I'm talking about.

juanfraino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juanfraino
Member since 2005 • 5660 Posts
Home will own, the minute you can download it. Until then it's just a promise.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ps3gen
How? Am I going to load up my virtual guy to turn on an imaginary stereo in my virtual apartment, or am I just going to pick an MP3 from the Cross Media Bar?

Am I going to go online in the browser and just watch trailers online, or am I going to have my virtual guy walk around for a few minutes, sit down in a virtual theater, stare at a bunch of very real and annoying ads, and then watch the trailer?

Am I going to meet up with my friends quickly in a game, or am I going to have my virtual guy walk around my virtual apartment to my virtual phone and "invite them over" - wait for them to come to my virtual apartment, and then we'll all sit down at my virtual couch to play my virtual PS3 (wait aren't we already playing PS3 in real life - confusing) and then it will launch the game we want to play? Ughh...

Home sucks. You can't interact with people like in Second Life, yet they want you to spend real money to get clothes, items, et cetera - and replace the match loading screens with a bunch of ads you have to walk past as your virtual guy before you even get to play a game.

Sorry - it's JUST AN INTERFACE - it doesn't improve the lackluster PSN in any way.
subrosian

you have no clue what home is. yet you still bash it..here a link to FAQ about home..dont talk non sense without knowin what home is all about..lol..

http://www.scedev.net/home/
Marduke382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Marduke382
[QUOTE="JimmyT2"]Home is overrated and looks boring. Just watch that video to see what I mean. ps3gen

Very nice vid. :D
cheezisgoooood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#19 cheezisgoooood
Member since 2004 • 6130 Posts

I admit it, Home looks pretty interesting.

If they did the same thing with Xbox Live, I would not be complaining.

Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
PSN is shaping up to be better than XBL. I have XBL and its pretty good but PSN is sounding better.
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
True home was cool, but sony, 'where are the games' is what i want to know.
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TheCrimsonKoopa
True home was cool, but sony, 'where are the games' is what i want to know.Haziqonfire

Bah! Sony doesn't need games, and neither do you!
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
Home is a good idea, but it is something I will get tired of in no time. I will buy a PS3, but not for PSHOme.
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
True home was cool, but sony, 'where are the games' is what i want to know.Haziqonfire
The games are coming.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 asmallchild
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

aka_aj03
I'm sorry. You were saying something? My eyes were pulled to your sig and I've been staring there ever since. ;)
Shad0ki11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shad0ki11
Member since 2006 • 12576 Posts

Home looks interesting. It's as though Second Life and The Sims just got married and had a baby or something.

But the baby isn't that special because it's too much like its parents.

(I think all babies are special, really, but I'm talking about electronics here)

THE_KR1PT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 THE_KR1PT
Member since 2006 • 194 Posts
This is were its at, what could either make or break Home. Seamlessness. If Home is seamless then it will be the way to go and the model for all, but if its not, if there is a load screen when transitioning to games or other parlor whatever games.
StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StephenKing_1
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts

[QUOTE="subrosian"]How? Am I going to load up my virtual guy to turn on an imaginary stereo in my virtual apartment, or am I just going to pick an MP3 from the Cross Media Bar?

ps3gen

you have no clue what home is. yet you still bash it..here a link to FAQ about home..dont talk non sense without knowin what home is all about..lol..

Maybe you should read the FAQ.  It said exactly what he said.  :roll:

subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 subrosian

[QUOTE="ps3gen"][QUOTE="subrosian"]How? Am I going to load up my virtual guy to turn on an imaginary stereo in my virtual apartment, or am I just going to pick an MP3 from the Cross Media Bar?

StephenKing_1

Maybe you should read the FAQ. It said exactly what he said. :roll:

These fanboys like to dismiss you without ever reading anything you've said. I've watched all the videos, read all the FAQs, there's nothing more to say about it. Home is the visual interface for PSN. That's it. You can't interact with other characters physically - so none of that Second Life crap - you can't do anything in Home that you can't do in the Cross Media Bar (well unless you consider putting you curtains in your virtual apartment to be "something")... look when I want Barbie's Dreamhouse Playset I'll buy it at Toys R Us. Home doesn't add anything new to PSN other than exposure to ads - great for Sony's bottom line - but what does it give you?
Marduke382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Marduke382
PSN is shaping up to be better than XBL. I have XBL and its pretty good but PSN is sounding better. Soulja_West

Sounds like "Gamer Girl" Saw the light... lol only kidding. Home is seriously leaps and bounds above the comp in so many areas. Now we just need to see if everything adds up. The gaming community as a whole is already liking what they see.
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
[QUOTE="aka_aj03"]

SergeantSnitch
Alba is bomb. Yes, Home did own.

whoa, that is a pretty cool vid
tmac2gooden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tmac2gooden
Member since 2003 • 944 Posts

Long live Home !!!

I cant wait 2 years from now, when Home comes a huge success...and all Lems admit to being owned and destroyed..  While we are customizing millions of different things in Home.. Lems are putting on a new face plate...

tmac2gooden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tmac2gooden
Member since 2003 • 944 Posts

LittleBigPlanet is a game, and it owned every game at GDC...the end

JimmyT2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JimmyT2

Long live Home !!!

I cant wait 2 years from now, when Home comes a huge success...and all Lems admit to being owned and destroyed..  While we are customizing millions of different things in Home.. Lems are putting on a new face plate...

tmac2gooden

I hear there is going to be some massive victories for cows in 2 years time. However I did hear the exact same talk from cows about 2 years ago when the PS3 was being shown at E3 2005 :| You have been waiting a long time for your victory and deserve it!

StephenKing_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StephenKing_1
Member since 2003 • 701 Posts

Long live Home !!!

tmac2gooden

Home has already been confirmed to have no purpose.

Media Bar has the same functionality.  Quiker, easier.  No ads.  No sims.

Even Gamespot said that Sony seems to be focusing their energy in the wrong direction.

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4737 Posts
As a PS3 owner myself i say take all the people that are making home and actually make more GAMES!! Play Station needs to make more games not other stuff. Will they ever learn?
Avatar image for BeanTownBrown86
BeanTownBrown86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BeanTownBrown86
Member since 2005 • 3654 Posts

aka_aj03
oh lord, ur sig....
Mudig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Mudig
Member since 2007 • 1567 Posts
I admit. I never said anything bad about it except the fact that more people will be playing that then PS3 games.
johnusabeis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 johnusabeis
Member since 2004 • 2369 Posts

[QUOTE="WIIRUS"][QUOTE="RKFS"]X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... jack244

QFT

Home has some neat features but seriously, how does this enchance the online for games much? Time should be spent playing games not walking around in a virtual town.

agreed 100%.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 subrosian
[QUOTE="jack244"]

[QUOTE="WIIRUS"][QUOTE="RKFS"]X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... johnusabeis

QFT

agreed 100%.

You're not even walking around a virtual town - it's just chat rooms with limited numbers of people - strangers - and you maybe hope one of them has the same games as you or that they're not a pedophile. To top it off - since YES I READ THE FAQS ON THE SONY WEBSITE - this stuff is instanced - when you're not online people can't visit your apartment, you're not able to go "oh yeah, check out my cool trophy" because it's not there unless you're signed in... There is NOTHING to HOME - Sony sat down and said "how can we get more advertising dollars" and home is what they came up with. It's an ad-fest. LittleBigWorld has NOTHING to do with Home, people are getting them confused. LittleBigWorld? A game - just what the PS3 needs more of - Home? Useless "meta-content" that the PS3 has too much of already.
asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 asmallchild
[QUOTE="johnusabeis"][QUOTE="jack244"]

[QUOTE="WIIRUS"][QUOTE="RKFS"]X-Box Live is more about the games with none of the Home nonsense... subrosian

QFT

agreed 100%.

You're not even walking around a virtual town - it's just chat rooms with limited numbers of people - strangers - and you maybe hope one of them has the same games as you or that they're not a pedophile. To top it off - since YES I READ THE FAQS ON THE SONY WEBSITE - this stuff is instanced - when you're not online people can't visit your apartment, you're not able to go "oh yeah, check out my cool trophy" because it's not there unless you're signed in... There is NOTHING to HOME - Sony sat down and said "how can we get more advertising dollars" and home is what they came up with. It's an ad-fest. LittleBigWorld has NOTHING to do with Home, people are getting them confused. LittleBigWorld? A game - just what the PS3 needs more of - Home? Useless "meta-content" that the PS3 has too much of already.

Somebody's bitter...
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts
It totally owned. It could only own more if they made it a free MMO, so you could like ... fly, boat, or drive to a friends apartment, which could be on another world (in which you'd need a spaceship or something), or an island, or in another city. That could potentially be the best thing on a console ever.
OhhSnap50893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#44 OhhSnap50893
Member since 2006 • 27110 Posts
I'm going to laugh when this blows up in all the Cows' faces ...
NATATO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 NATATO
Member since 2004 • 498 Posts

Home looks stupid.  It's just taking the 360 dashboard and turning it into the Sims or something. Too much of a hassle,  I'd just rather use a simple menu thant run around in a 3d world. 

And the fact that it's free should have u more worried than anything.  Cows, u get what u pay for.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 asmallchild

Home looks stupid. It's just taking the 360 dashboard and turning it into the Sims or something. Too much of a hassle, I'd just rather use a simple menu thant run around in a 3d world.

And the fact that it's free should have u more worried than anything. Cows, u get what u pay for.

NATATO
Everything in Home is accessible through the XMB. Home is optional. Home is free. Jealousy. Ouch. What a feeling.
m_machine024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 m_machine024
Member since 2006 • 15874 Posts

Yes it owns.... just like your sig.

Anyway, people shouldn't use Home as ownage and stuff. It'a very cool feature but many PS3 fans are going overboard with this.

asmallchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 asmallchild

Yes it owns.... just like your sig.

Anyway, people shouldn't use Home as ownage and stuff. It'a very cool feature but many PS3 fans are going overboard with this.

m_machine024
^ Listen here. This person is wise.
Avatar image for playstationhome
playstationhome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 playstationhome
Member since 2007 • 59 Posts
i think who ever thinks this is horrible and a dumb idea is just jealous or a fanboy... seriously.. people asking how does this make the game play expereince better? uhhh... its got its own achievements you earn stuff for you house when u do something in a game like beet it or anything trofies ect.. so idk wut u fanboys are rtalkin about.
_Margulis_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 _Margulis_
Member since 2005 • 15067 Posts

aka_aj03

What the hell, did that kid ACTUALLY spell "character" as "charater"...?