Xbox: First Party Studios Organization - Yuge!

• 137 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

Last_Lap there will be no disc version of your next system, and it all begins with the digital only X. As i've said it many times, you and dabear are welcome to the superior cow camp, but remember, in the first year, you will be treated like a lemming, so don't expect us to defend you.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22841 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

Last_Lap there will be no disc version of your next system, and it all begins with the digital only X. As i've said it many times, you and dabear are welcome to the superior cow camp, but remember, in the first year, you will be treated like a lemming, so don't expect us to defend you.

Don't fall for this snake oil... Sony doesn't want disks any more than Microsoft. It's pure profit to run a store front of digital games. No manufacturing costs and shipping costs.... Third party vendors. Both Microsoft and Sony will handle the medium the same way.... Your one inconvenience will likely be to have to purchase an external drive of sorts.

Digital is going tk take iver though in terms of being the norm. Disks benefit a very small percentage gamers needs.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#103 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@hardwenzen: Can you put a little effort into your trolling next time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#104 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39441 Posts

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: Can you put a little effort into your trolling next time.

??? More of a warning of what's to come, no trolling at all.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Last_Lap

@TheEroica: "It's pure profit to run a store front of digital games. No manufacturing costs and shipping costs.... Third party vendors."

So why do they charge the same price in NA as physical? Digital gamers have let that one slip through the net.

Not only that but in other countries around the world (like my country Australia) digital is normally $20 dearer. Again digital gamers have let that slip through the net.

Digital should be cheaper, with none of the costs of physical and yet gamers are yet again asleep at the wheel when it comes to holding these companies accountable. And there are people who are actively cheering for a digital only future 🤦‍♂️

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#106 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34702 Posts

@last_lap said:

@TheEroica: "It's pure profit to run a store front of digital games. No manufacturing costs and shipping costs.... Third party vendors."

So why do they charge the same price in NA as physical? Digital gamers have let that one slip through the net.

Not only that but in other countries around the world (like my country Australia) digital is normally $20 dearer. Again digital gamers have let that slip through the net.

Digital should be cheaper, with none of the costs of physical and yet gamers are yet again asleep at the wheel when it comes to holding these companies accountable. And there are people who are actively cheering for a digital only future 🤦‍♂️

Gamers are very stupid, what else is new.

Don't you just love modern gaming where you have to buy the game digitally for 70 bucks, and your ingame items with real money? It's so cool.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46496 Posts
@last_lap said:

I remember it being down to certain stores not allowing cheaper prices day one. So they would not carry physical versions if the digital version was 10-20 cheaper.

I feel Alan Wake 2 is an example where the digital version is finally cheaper than any potential physical version.

@last_lap said:

Yup, I go online and am absolutely flabbergasted by the prices that Nintendo and Sony dare charge on their stores. Even MS store is bonkers.

Nintendo games: €70 on the eshop €50 in brick and mortar

Microsoft: €80 on their own store, €60-70 on Steam

Sony: €80 on their own store, €70 in brick and mortar

Yeah I'd much rather "own" an actual physical disc version to have in my actual physical library than pay more for the convenience of not having to swap discs.

I'll swap the discs, don't you worry.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@Litchie said:
@last_lap said:

Gamers are very stupid, what else is new.

Don't you just love modern gaming where you have to buy the game digitally for 70 bucks, and your ingame items with real money? It's so cool.

You don't have to buy anything at 70 dollars.... I don't. Not even close. There has been one released game since 70 dollars took hold that has come close to the asking price of full retail. For me that's elden ring. Everything else has been discount worthy. I pay nothing for digital games. Sheckles.

Also, who spends their real money on in game items? 😂 That was a mental illness that took hold before digital games dominance came along. Spending your money on coins or armor or whatever is a wasted endeavor for gamers whether they are playing on a disk or digital.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#109 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70032 Posts

@TheEroica: These folks act as if everyone buys games at full price.🤷‍♂️

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@Pedro said:

Only if it's the last of us re-re-remake... I need to see what happens!

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#111 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34702 Posts

@TheEroica: I don't buy games at 70 bucks and in-game items for real money either. Just being pessimistic about modern gaming. Obviously there are a shitload of gamers who do. Thought the majority did, but that might not be true.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44194 Posts

@TheEroica said:
@Pedro said:

Only if it's the last of us re-re-remake... I need to see what happens!

They love buying 7 year old Nintendont games at full launch day price. ;o

Kids these dayzzz. lol :P

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

That's cool. But let's see how many remain and are productive in the coming years.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

Xbox gamers feasting good..another banquet in 2024 nom nom nom

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7248 Posts
@kvallyx said:

What say you fellow SW friends? That is quite the crazy chart of first party studios for Xbox Game Studios. Do you want MS to acquire more studios or create more studios to add to that list? Of all the studios in the Xbox Game Studios divisions, which ones are your favorite?

This onslaught of studios is going to continue to ramp up the AAA quality games available on Xbox Game Pass. I haven't been a believer in Game Pass myself, but this might convert me.

just shows xbox was desperate for good games. we can't make good games so lets buy them we are microsoft.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Pedro  Online

@gifford38: I guess you didn't know that Sony did the same.🤷‍♂️

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7248 Posts

@Pedro said:

same when? sony already had a great portfolio before they bought bungie and returnal developers.

most there first party started making sony only games during ps2 error. meaning they made a sony exclusive before they bought them like naughty dog.

insomniac was making ratchet and clank.

and so on. sucker punch the same.

most sony first party was a indie company not call of duty, skyrim, nukem and so on.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:

What say you fellow SW friends? That is quite the crazy chart of first party studios for Xbox Game Studios. Do you want MS to acquire more studios or

create more studios to add to that list? Of all the studios in the Xbox Game Studios divisions, which ones are your favorite?

This onslaught of studios is going to continue to ramp up the AAA quality games available on Xbox Game Pass. I haven't been a believer in Game Pass myself, but this might convert me.

just shows xbox was desperate for good games. we can't make good games so lets buy them we are microsoft.

Yip........funny isn't it 🤣,now xbox studios is stacked and sony's road map is piss poor 👍

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Pedro  Online

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

same when? sony already had a great portfolio before they bought bungie and returnal developers.

most there first party started making sony only games during ps2 error. meaning they made a sony exclusive before they bought them like naughty dog.

most sony first party was a indie company not call of duty, skyrim, nukem and so on.

Are you reading what you are typing? You stated "...we can't make good games so lets buy them we are microsoft." When I pointed out Sony has done the same, your counter is to list the studios Sony acquired because they wanted to PURCHASE talent. 🙃

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#120  Edited By KvallyX  Online
Member since 2019 • 13052 Posts

@gifford38 said:

No, it goes to show that Sony has shit the bed. Release 1 game in 12 months. Think about that.

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

You mean how Sony bought all developers and publishers and bought the ips? Oh wait, it's ok if Sony does it, but not MS? LOLOLOLOL

Why are Sony fans upset that Xbox is putting out games? Isn't that what they said before? Xbox has no games? Then Xbox releases 7 first party games in 2023, and now it's BUT BUT they acquired those studios! Guess what, so did Sony! LOLOLOL.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#121 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13669 Posts

Does the 10 year CoD deals force MS to maintain ABKs near 6 studio output of CoD? I suppose MS won't change this, but I really dislike how much talent is tied up with CoD. Leave it to Infinity Ward and Sledgehammer and make those teams as big as they need to be. Let the other studios make their own games. SO MUCH wasted talent.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 TheEroica  Moderator

@gifford38 said:
@Pedro said:

Insomniacs last game before being bought was an Xbox exclusive. Sunset Overdrive... They established the Spiderman mechanics in that game.

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

True. Imagine all these games exclusive on your console.

Psychonauts 3 or NEW IP

Wasteland 4 or new IP

Hellblade 2

Outer Worlds 3 or new IP

Forza Horizon 6

Fable

Everwild (Rare)

Perfect Dark

All Elder Scrolls/Fallout/Starfield in the future

DOOM 3

Evil Within/New IP

Wolfinstein

Arkane games, forget Redfall (Deathloop, Dishonored are good)

Call of Duty (after 10 years or something)

wow MS have set themselves up nicely!

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Last_Lap

@R4gn4r0k said:
@last_lap said:

I remember it being down to certain stores not allowing cheaper prices day one. So they would not carry physical versions if the digital version was 10-20 cheaper.

I feel Alan Wake 2 is an example where the digital version is finally cheaper than any potential physical version.

@last_lap said:

Yup, I go online and am absolutely flabbergasted by the prices that Nintendo and Sony dare charge on their stores. Even MS store is bonkers.

Nintendo games: €70 on the eshop €50 in brick and mortar

Microsoft: €80 on their own store, €60-70 on Steam

Sony: €80 on their own store, €70 in brick and mortar

Yeah I'd much rather "own" an actual physical disc version to have in my actual physical library than pay more for the convenience of not having to swap discs.

I'll swap the discs, don't you worry.

Be careful, because whenever someone says they like physical games a certain pro digital only futurist in pedro appears to stalk your comments lol.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

Sorry I'm out of the loop. Did they finalise the Activision/Blizzard deal?

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 KvallyX  Online

@worlds_apart said:

They did. Now we are just waiting for the games to hit Game Pass.

Worlds_Apart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Worlds_Apart
Member since 2017 • 506 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@worlds_apart said:

They did. Now we are just waiting for the games to hit Game Pass.

Oh I missed that news. Thanks!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Pedro  Online

@last_lap said:

Be careful, because whenever someone says they like physical games a certain pro digital only futurist in pedro appears to stalk your comments lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Last_Lap

See I wasn't wrong 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 KvallyX  Online

LOL, Pedro keeps gettin' em and he doesn't even have to try lol.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Last_Lap

@kvallyx: You might wanna look again. He's been trying for over a week to get my attention and I have just ignored him. He even tried twice in my own thread but failed.

But I got his attention and it didn't even take much.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Pedro  Online

@last_lap said:

@kvallyx: You might wanna look again. He's been trying for over a week to get my attention and I have just ignored him. He even tried twice in my own thread but failed.

You literally reference me by name (comment 124) but you think I am trying to get your attention.😂 You just confirmed

me2002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 me2002
Member since 2002 • 3058 Posts

last_lap probably just hates dicks on SW

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By Last_Lap

@Pedro said:
@last_lap said:

You literally reference me by name (comment 124) but you think I am trying to get your attention.😂 You just confirmed

Did you forget about post #77 in this thread. there is another post in that thread also. Poor pedro doesn't like being ignored.

The simple truth is that you get butthurt when someone (as in me) talks about physical media. Take that pedro out and add in the words physical media and it would be 100% correct.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Pedro  Online

@last_lap: Nope I didn't. Were you triggered by my comment and had a deep urge to respond? It is obvious now that you were conflicted.🤭 I can't get butthurt over a dying medium. You are confusing me with how you feel. Don't make that mistake, I will have fun at your expense. 😎

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Last_Lap

@Pedro: now, now don't try & change the facts pedro.

Those facts are, that I was talking to someone about PC piracy, you without provocation, YOU injected yourself into the conversation to say mention digital it will trigger him, and yet you failed. Now those are facts that you can't deny.

Then you post a mene to suggest that you're on my mind lol.

I was also talking about physical media to one of the mods and then you quoted him complaining about gamers who like physical, you've been upset for the last week or so.

So if we join the dots, it's either me, physical media or both that are on your mind.

Now I've given you 5mins of my time, and now that I've put you in your place I'm done with you.

Enjoy having the last word, I know you want the attention 🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Pedro  Online

@last_lap said:

@Pedro: now, now don't try & change the facts pedro.

Those facts are, that I was talking to someone about PC piracy, you without provocation, YOU injected yourself into the conversation to say mention digital it will trigger him, and yet you failed. Now those are facts that you can't deny.

Then you post a mene to suggest that you're on my mind lol.

I was also talking about physical media to one of the mods and then you quoted him complaining about gamers who like physical, you've been upset for the last week or so.

So if we join the dots, it's either me, physical media or both that are on your mind.

Now I've given you 5mins of my time, and now that I've put you in your place I'm done with you.

Enjoy having the last word, I know you want the attention 🤣

You ousted yourself. My comment in that thread stuck with you for the past 24 hours. It was eating you up so much that you needed to get it off your chest so bad that you recall in a unrelated thread. Because it was lingering in your mind, you comically believe it was on my mind 😂 Freaking hilarious. Unbeknownst to me, my comment was eating you alive. I never took you for being so sensitive. But now I know. Not only that, I have been on your mind all week by your own admission 🤭