Xbox is destined to fail but gamers can't allow Xbox to exit.

• 129 results
sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 5

#1 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16019 Posts

Late night thoughts.

Xbox is destined to fail but gamers can't allow Xbox to exit.

It means single domination or atleast duopoly of the market since Playstation and Nintendo now cater to very different market segment and don't really clash other than in specific genres like JRPG or indies.

Xbox for sure can't make a good game even if their life depends on it and their strategies involve PR bullshit and them asking pity of all their f*ck ups but its even worst if Xbox leave the market space without new competitor replacing them. Xbox leaving just discourage innovation and allow for PS or Nintendo to fk the market. We seen this in Intel and their 14mm chip iteration. They found no reason to innovate cause AMD just can't compete with their f*cked FX lineup.

So yeah, both PS and Nintendo, especially PS since its xbox main competitor can't get rid of xbox. Also benefits me a lot as a fan of PS, I believe PS is at is best when it has a rival it have to beat.

Basically, its late where I am and I can't sleep.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

I agree, we need competition, Xbox just needs to get its first party at the same level as PlayStation and Nintendo.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44547 Posts

Well you all heard it here folks, it’s all over for Xbox. Apparently they can’t make any good games. I must have just imagined those well reviewed ones I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Time to throw in the towel. Nothing anyone can do since it’s a destined outcome. Very sad news indeed. 😔

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2680 Posts

Xbox isn’t going to “fail.” They just aren’t improving their standing in the industry in any meaningful way. The main saving grace for Xbox is that PlayStation has basically the same console hardware-wise (slightly weaker) so there’s really no reason to panic. 3rd party support is a given. Meaning Xbox will always have some revenue coming in.

As for discouraging innovation… PlayStation and Nintendo have been fine in that department. And they’ve been doing it longer than Xbox.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#5 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70403 Posts

@Archangel3371 said:

Well you all heard it here folks, it’s all over for Xbox. Apparently they can’t make any good games. I must have just imagined those well reviewed ones I guess. 🤷‍♂️

Time to throw in the towel. Nothing anyone can do since it’s a destined outcome. Very sad news indeed. 😔

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Archangel3371

@Pedro: How can you laugh at a time like this? Probably even going to have a bit of a restless sleep tonight myself. 😔

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

@Pedro: How can you laugh at a time like this? Probably even going to have a bit of a restless sleep tonight myself. 😔

I am enjoying Gamepass while it last. Meanwhile, some folks are busy being concerned.😏

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By GhostOfGolden
@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

I am enjoying Gamepass while it last. Meanwhile, some folks are busy being concerned.😏

Thats an odd thing for a GP enthusiast and rabid defender to say…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Pedro
@ghostofgolden said:

More proof that you take this shit too seriously old man. 😂

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39706 Posts

They need to revert this bullshit that gives all their exclusives to pc (let hermits suffer, they deserve it with their 4090), and go back at being what they were from the release of the 360 to around 2010. This is the only way of competing with Sony. As is, its a pointless system. I've even noticed that all the big streamers, when the X is mentioned, they're all laughing at it, and that's real bad for the massive fanbases they have. It gives you this feeling like the console has no purpose because all its games are on pc, which also look and run better, and it has zero exclusives. So wtf is the point of one? Its literally as bad as the Xbone in the last few years before the X came out, and Phil was promising big games for current gen, and when the current gen was released, well, its been over two years, and nothing is happening.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#11 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@Archangel3371: right?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Archangel3371

@cainetao11: These are troubling times.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GhostOfGolden

@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:

I’m not the one with over 62,000 posts or mostly running interference for Xbox…

I‘ve made a point to defend Nintendo here over the years. But I don’t have the time or dedication to commit 62,000 of anything to the cause…

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts
@ghostofgolden said:
@Pedro said:
@ghostofgolden said:

I‘ve made a point to defend Nintendo here over the years. But I don’t have the time or dedication to commit 62,000 of anything to the cause…

Oh, you stay around here for over two decades, you'll rack up some posts I wager.

Also, in either case, I don't see how that's an insult. I mean we're all here arguing over games, we are all equally pathetic regardless of post count.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GhostOfGolden

@mrbojangles25: I’ve been here since ‘04. Maybe 5K posts total…

If you see any thread being critical of Xbox in any way, Pedro will be there in force. Often times making up >30% of the total post count… But I take it too seriously…

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:

Says the guy that is on his third account.😂 And to make things worse you believe that defending Nintendo over the years is something honorable and worth mentioning.🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Pedro
@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh, you stay around here for over two decades, you'll rack up some posts I wager.

Also, in either case, I don't see how that's an insult. I mean we're all here arguing over games, we are all equally pathetic regardless of post count.

He deletes his accounts to hide his post counts while using post counts as a insult like the other alt that has a fixation on post counts. These alts can't keep their varying personalities in check.😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts
@Pedro said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

He deletes his accounts to hide his post counts while using post counts as a insult like the other alt that has a fixation on post counts. These alts can't keep their varying personalities in check.😂

oh, is he that Golden? 😋

@ghostofgolden said:

If you see any thread being critical of Xbox in any way, Pedro will be there in force. Often times making up >30% of the total post count… But I take it too seriously…

Oh that's OK. You just keep posting away and you too can be as awesome as we are.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pedro

@ghostofgolden said:

You last account was made in 2016 and you had over 9K posts and that was your second account.😂🤣

gotgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gotgames
Member since 2022 • 476 Posts

The Original Xbox was MS best console, had great games and great exclusive and even included an built in HDD. Rest of the console cycle are all failures and honestly now there is no need for Xbox brand anymore

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

This is highly ironic given the recent circumstances of Microsoft now owning two of the biggest publishers and their umbrella of development companies and IP's with more buyouts on the way. Ubisoft might be next.

Sony simply can't compete with trillion dollar tech companies, and it's loyal fans are standing near the edge...

Should they jump... Or fight until death?

OP is fighting before being knocked off. I salute you, OP. But your time is near.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Pedro

@theam0g said:

This is highly ironic given the recent circumstances of Microsoft now owning two of the biggest publishers and their umbrella of development companies and IP's with more buyouts on the way. Ubisoft might be next.

Sony simply can't compete with trillion dollar tech companies, and it's loyal fans are standing near the edge...

OP is fighting before being knocked off. I salute you, OP. But your time is near.

Why would you want MS to acquire more publishers after ABK? Seriously?😐

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@Pedro said:
@theam0g said:

Do you not understand how business works? If Microsoft doesn't do it, another tech company will. Would you rather IP's being spread out and locked to different gaming services like TV shows are locked to different streaming services, or every game being playable on one service (Game Pass)? I'm not a fan of 20 different monthly subscriptions to each and every streaming service, hence why I don't watch TV anymore.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pedro

@theam0g said:
@Pedro said:

Do you not understand how business works? If Microsoft doesn't do it, another tech company will. Would you rather IP's being spread out and locked to different gaming services like TV shows are locked to different streaming services, or every game being playable on one service (Game Pass)? I'm not a fan of 20 different monthly subscriptions to each and every streaming service, hence why I don't watch TV anymore.

So, you falsely believe that one company owning all of these publishers is good for the industry and gamers. Seems like you ate MS koolaid before it had the chance to be diluted with water.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@sakaixx: This thread should be deleted for stupidity.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I agree, we need competition, Xbox just needs to get its first party at the same level as PlayStation and Nintendo.

Best post/answer I seen all day and he's right. Xbox Series is doing okay (ish) but their 1st-party games do need improving and that says a lot.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#27 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5294 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I wonder whether the industry needs more competitors or that the current players need to be more competitive.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

Lmao ok.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By hardwenzen
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Lmao ok.

This is you. You might not want to admit it, but we're seeing your act.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen
@onesiphorus said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

I wonder whether the industry needs more competitors or that the current players need to be more competitive.

Apple and Samsung should get their asses in the gaming industry.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13670 Posts

I thought tc was one of the more reasonable PS fans. What a ridiculous take.

Xbox Studios can’t make good games - Yet they have plenty of studios that have released games that have gotten a 9 and even a 10.

The only big eff up was Halo multiplayer. Yet Sony had to buy Bungie for 3.4 billion to teach them how to do multiplayers, sorry live service games again.

Let’s just point out that 2 of PlayStation’s 3 games last year got an 8. WOW PlayStation is AMAZING.

Hasn’t Jim Ryan been flying all over the world “asking for pity”. Over the Activision deal?

Also PlayStation hasn’t been “trying” all gen. They’ve been selling off the PS4 brand, releasing some games and money hatting. Wow that’s amazing. SO much better than the competition. 🙄

Cows always let sales go to their heads. Separate the sales of the PlayStation 5 and it’s games from the equation. Is PlayStation REALLY doing significantly better than Xbox in quality?

They’ve released a few more highly rated AAA games than Xbox so far. This year we’re pretending they don’t only have one game coming out.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Even though Xbox consoles is an embarrassing failure, I wouldn’t want them to drop out of the console market. We need them to keep universe balanced

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8385 Posts

@hardwenzen: no way. Xbox putting everything on PC and offering play everywhere makes it the ideal living room console. MS plan is a great plan.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@sargentd said:

@hardwenzen: no way. Xbox putting everything on PC and offering play everywhere makes it the ideal living room console. MS plan is a great plan.

Ever since they did it, they can't compete, and people are just laughing at how pointless the system is. I have literally seen at least 4 massive streamers just laughing at it, and it had nothing to do with them being fanboys or anything. When you own a pc, the system has no reason to exist, and because pc's are way more popular now (thanks to last gen lasting as long as it did, with shitty specs the system had) than in, say, 2005, the Xbox is way more useless than it ever was. Even if nothing was delayed, and Infinite was a hit, there is no way the X would be doing anything against the ps5 or the Switch, even tho, back in the 360 days when the system had a bunch of quality exclusives, it was beating its competition. Its exclusives being on pc is good for the customer, but its shit if you want people to buy an xbox, to then sub to xbl, buy a bunch of peripherals for the system, etc. What they currently have going ain't too hot.

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

MS wanted to go the services route, their poor sales is possibly the outcome. The great first party greatness ended with the 360.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22415 Posts

@hardwenzen: You're too obsessed with me.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Embarrassing

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hardwenzen

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@hardwenzen: You're too obsessed with me.

You're a sheep, i am obsessed with every sheep. Rare specimen😊

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jcafcwbb
Member since 2015 • 693 Posts

It intrigues me why the Xboxers on here refuse to accept or even see the obvious. Microsoft see no profit in the console business aside from the software and GamePass. They will gladly not manufacture, design or have anything to do with another console if they can get away with it.

They want their business through GP and they do not care about making their own hardware - they did the same with operating systems.

If Sony agreed to it they would have GP on the Playstation before the ink dried on the contract - that is how much they care about the Xbox brand and their loyal band of console owners. They would happily do away with physical media - Sony would also.

They are not your friends and they do not care anything about you so why do people continually back them? I am a Sony customer and have never been a fanboy. As long as the games I like stays on PS I will still buy one. I am fortunate that the games I care about have not left. I am not bothered, personally, about the Bethesda or Activision Blizzard games not being on the PS. As an aside there are fewer and fewer games I do care about as I get older but that is by-the-by.

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 above_average
Member since 2021 • 1639 Posts

@gotgames said:

The Original Xbox was MS best console, had great games and great exclusive and even included an built in HDD. Rest of the console cycle are all failures and honestly now there is no need for Xbox brand anymore

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@jcafcwbb: Funny, you say you’re not a fanboy but then make a long, misleading post that confirms you are.

When you say “MS don’t care about the Xbox brand” because they’d put GP on PS if they could….what does that say about your understanding about what the Xbox brand is? Brand Xbox literally derives from Direct X, which was and still is PC. Xbox is console, PC, Mobile and cloud, so putting it on PS would be strengthening the brand not diluting it.

Also, your assertion that they would happily do away with hardware is based I’m guessing on MS pushing subscription and cloud services. You don’t see the hypocrisy when Sony started Cloud services before MS and recently doubled down on subscription services?

You don’t think Sony would prefer to earn more money if they could by selling only software? You think they “love” their fan base so much?

The only difference between the two models is that Sony doesn’t offer 1st party games day 1 via subscription….which is probably the answer you’re looking for when asking why do some people prefer Xbox.

Personally, there’s a couple of Sony games I’d like on Xbox….but the vast majority of them are single player 3rd person action adventures which don’t appeal to me. Definitely not enough to make me switch from what I’m getting from MS.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

Didn't MS release Hi Fi Rush a month ago or so? A game that is for all intents and purposes excellent?

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 jcafcwbb

@sealionact: To answer you pertinent questions.

The Xbox brand is now tied to GamePass and not the console. It has changed from when the original Xbox came into being.

Sony would scrap the Playstation console if they could sell their software on other people's hardware. They have no love for their customers either.

I never spoke about why some people prefer Xbox I just said MS didn't care about Xboxers. I presume they prefer the games on Xbox as you have said. Also people like the GP model and that is fine but don't think that that will mean MS will have any reason to back the Xbox in the future. Neither Sony or MS are tied to the console market the way they were even five years ago. The market has changed.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

Didn't MS release Hi Fi Rush a month ago or so? A game that is for all intents and purposes excellent?

Its so excellent that they had to lower its price on the day of release cuz nobody ain't buying that trash. There is also a reason why this game has completely disappeared from everyone's conversation within 48h.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hardwenzen
@sealionact said:

@jcafcwbb: Funny, you say you’re not a fanboy but then make a long, misleading post that confirms you are.

When you say “MS don’t care about the Xbox brand” because they’d put GP on PS if they could….what does that say about your understanding about what the Xbox brand is? Brand Xbox literally derives from Direct X, which was and still is PC. Xbox is console, PC, Mobile and cloud, so putting it on PS would be strengthening the brand not diluting it.

Also, your assertion that they would happily do away with hardware is based I’m guessing on MS pushing subscription and cloud services. You don’t see the hypocrisy when Sony started Cloud services before MS and recently doubled down on subscription services?

You don’t think Sony would prefer to earn more money if they could by selling only software? You think they “love” their fan base so much?

The only difference between the two models is that Sony doesn’t offer 1st party games day 1 via subscription….which is probably the answer you’re looking for when asking why do some people prefer Xbox.

Personally, there’s a couple of Sony games I’d like on Xbox….but the vast majority of them are single player 3rd person action adventures which don’t appeal to me. Definitely not enough to make me switch from what I’m getting from MS.

He is not a fanboy at all. Its you who refuses to accept the hard reality about the current Xbox brand.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sealionact

@jcafcwbb: I think rather than answering the pertinent questions, you’ve avoided the awkward ones.

You asked why people back Xbox when they would drop consoles and just push Gamepass. What are you basing that on, given Sony are using the same model? Both make consoles, both have committed verbally to making more consoles, both offer cloud gaming, both offer subscription services, both have titles on rival/other platforms, both have committed to developing GAAS games.

Isn’t the question “Why do people back Sony when they would drop making consoles if they could?” equally as pertinent?

You’re looking at answers in yet another “Xbox is doooomed” thread and taking things too seriously.

True, Xbox started out as the Xbox console, but then so did PlayStation. Both now have ecosystems spanning multiple formats. PlayStation is vr headsets, consoles, network, services, accessories and partner networks.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sealionact

@hardwenzen: This is an adult conversation. When I feel like exchanging gifs, memes and rekking someone I’ll get in touch.

jcafcwbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jcafcwbb

@sealionact: MS are pushing GamePass - using the subscription to play a lot of games day one with no further outlay means there is an advantage over buying the physical games. There are very few, if any, Xbox exclusives that cannot be played anywhere else. Maybe you can furnish me with a lot of highly rated games that you can play on Xbox but not on PC or any other device. And yes, the same is happening with Sony albeit with an exclusivity period where it is just on PS. MS want you to move to a digital only, GamePass eco-system where the attachment is to GamePass rather than the Xbox console. Whether they achieve that before the next console generation is still to be seen but they would like the idea of being able not to make a new Xbox - numbers, and more importantly, dollars and cents, will decide if there is another Xbox generation.

As to why people still buy an Xbox it is probably the same as me. It is half the price of a decent PC which allows you play with recommended specs, the hardware doesn't change and it is less hassle. Lump in your friends and the games you like being on Xbox and the decision is made.

But don't bank on the above paragraph being a reason for MS to make another Xbox as they do not care about what is best for you - they only care what is best for them. Sony are the same but aren't as organised as MS on this front, IMO.

I buy, not back, the Playstation console as it meets my gaming needs. There will probably be a Playstation 6 - and it more likely than another Xbox - but I am not blind to the fact that Sony does not have my interests at heart. They want my money and the console is the best route to it. Once it is not they will drop the PS just as readily as MS would drop the Xbox. My salvation is that Sony take an age to to decide which biscuit to have with their tea let alone the future of their consoles.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

@sakaixx: it's amazing! We think in very similar ways. Similar but the outcome being the opposite. The way I see it, Playstation is far more in danger of failing than Xbox is. Playstation literally has no games. I sold that crap box after literally 2 months of owning it. That's how long it took me to re beat uncharted, beat spiderman, and finish off persona5. There was literally nothing worth playing on ps4.5 after that. The thing was collecting massive amount of dust. The good thing is that there were plenty of fools trying to buy one at that point, so I sold mine off.

Imagine, a console who's best games were all previous gen. Sad.

Ps5 is being bought by many, but literally just sitting there in a corner collecting dust. I know because I personally know people who are this way. Literally everyone I know that has a ps5 is like that. Sad.

The worst part is, even Sony knows this. The attachment rate for ps5 is at historic lows, the number of gaming hours is far below the Xbox. This is very bad thing. You say Xbox has no games, yet the proof is in the pudding my friend.

The ps5 is very much in danger. And it's no wonder lying Jim Ryan is going around on Sony behalf trying to beg regulators to stop the Xbox from bashing them over the head.

Ooff.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: This is an adult conversation. When I feel like exchanging gifs, memes and rekking someone I’ll get in touch.

You sound mad before I had the chance of even saying anything. This is concerning tbh