Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#101 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70297 Posts

@NoodleFighter: The cases you have shown are not as refined as the Series X. I am not surprised because all of those were in my search for a modern sleek design and they all failed. Not sure why PC case manufacturers can't make something as simple as the series X. I hope it inspires more clean design in PC case making.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 pdogg93
Member since 2015 • 1849 Posts

Love the design. Way to try something different MS.

That being said, revealing your next gen console this early is a bit insecure. Playstation just going to one up them again.

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

@djoffer said:

@NoodleFighter: just so you know, when you are an adult all of these looks freaking cringe worthy....

I'm an adult and LOVE rgb on my PC and peripherals. I've built PC's for other adult friends and family members, and given the choice they want rgb lights.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Pedro

@pdogg93: If they were "insecure" wouldn't it make more sense for them to wait for Sony's reveal?

Moistcarrot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 Moistcarrot
Member since 2015 • 1484 Posts

They need to fire whoever is coming up with these console names, it needs to be something catchy and easy to say.

Fuhrer_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Fuhrer_D
Member since 2011 • 1125 Posts

@NoodleFighter: None of those look better. But obviously, that is my personal opinion. I like the look, I think people are thinking it is bigger than it really is. Its the size of a dvd all around and one stack on the other. Not really that big.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Pedro

@moistcarrot: In a few weeks the name will be a non issue just like all the others that came before. This is probably the least offensive of the names.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11814 Posts

@Pedro: The closest you're probably going to get in a PC case resembling the X Series X case is the Silverstone FT03.

Seriously not even the Fractal Node 202 or Silverstone SST FTZ01S are sleek enough for you?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Pedro

@NoodleFighter: I actually wanted something identical to the Series , but without the DVD. However, those are a good compromised but that ship has sailed since I already made the purchase several months ago. PC cases are generally shitty. RGB has made things worse with all of these juvenile designs. I wish manufacturers focus on the more professional crowd, at least with some of their offerings.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3255 Posts

It really does look like a Desktop computer.

darktruth007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111 darktruth007
Member since 2003 • 976 Posts

Wow that name is terrible.

They should have called it Xbox Fun.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

All Sony has to do is show a horizontal console and they win next gen hands down.

You do know this box can be horizontal also right?

Please don't put it horizontaly.

I would NEVER. That thing will fit perfectly on my console shelf standing as tall as possible!

I was just letting the other person know that it has already been confirmed you can lay it down if you would like.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

I am done with this company. Microsoft needs to leave gaming or go third party. They have no fucking idea what they are doing.

Let me be absolutely clear. This console is the Wii U all over again. Stupid fucking name. Stupid fucking design. Stupid fucking concept. Look, I'll check back in when Halo Infinite comes out (to play it on PC) but otherwise, I am done with this brand.

This console is going to fail. It will change absolutely nothing reguarding the current predicament the xbox brand finds itself in, nor improve in ANY way shape or form, xbox's place in the gaming industry.

Does anybody remember the Xbox 360? That console made gaming better by existing. They set the agenda for the entire gen. Created a playbook that even Sony would take a page or two in concieving the PS4.

I want you to honestly ask yourself......is the Xbox Series X going to make gaming better by existing? If not, then does this console even need to exist? Does this brand even need to exist?

ROFLMAO! Seriously the design of the box will have nothing to do if this is successful or not. It will be all about the games so please STFU already. The design is fine and the specs are fine. Lets just see if Microsoft can fix creating good exclusives again. If that is the case they will sell like hotcakes.

Most pathetic post I have read in a while. I can't believe how people act anymore it is truly embarrassing.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#114 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 716 Posts

Regardless of the name and the design, i just hope they provide more single player options. It’s recently it’s seems like for them it’s all multiplayer or games a a service.

I also hope they hire new people to think of names.. hahhah

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts

I don't know what it is but on initial viewing i thought "MAN thats big...where would i put it?" But actually it's ok the more i look at it. It's a good thing it can be set horizontally though.

Nice clean design on the front. the vents on the side hopefully mean a bigger, slower rotating fan to keep noise down while keeping the temps in a good place. looks nicer than the first xbox one model anyway (the VCR player).

also a notice to sony and MS: flappy paddle buttons on the controllers. at least 1 on each side. get it done..no messin. I haven't looked to see if they showed the whole controller. but i dont see any hint of them being present.

the xbox elite controller has them (and the Steam controller which introduced me to them...RIP you magnificent beast)...there is no reason for the XSX and PS5 controller not to have them.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts
@GTR12 said:

Xbox SeX coming soon.

more like Xbox SuX

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

@sealionact said:

@SolidGame_basic: You do know that this can be used horizontally?

will still be too wide to fit in a lot of tv stands, looks as wide as the controller which is bigger than AV amps which barely fit.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

mave198

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 mave198
Member since 2004 • 7332 Posts

Garbage name to a console that looks like a trash can.

And with MS' games available to play on the PC also, do the filthy lemmings actually think this has a chance against PS5 and Sony's 1st party offerings??

🤣🤣🤣🤣

TLHBO

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9837 Posts

@pdogg93: On the contrary, I think ms have made a confident move...."here's our console, all current games and controllers etc work on it, we have gamepass and will have xcloud, and this is the type of graphics you can expect....."

They've laid down the gauntlet, and Sony will be too far down the road to change their plans anyway.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#121 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9837 Posts

@tormentos: Not sure what your concerns are...its designed to lie either way.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Please adjust your brightness until the console is barely visible.

@lundy86_4 said:

Looks solid. The design should hopefully help with plugging some power into the console constraints. Slightly wider than an upright, current-gen console...

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5559 Posts

Same naming debacle as the Wii-U. Im still not sure if its a new generation of console or another iteration of xbox one x. Nothing they showed or said last night clarified this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Pedro

@enzyme36 said:

Same naming debacle as the Wii-U. Im still not sure if its a new generation of console or another iteration of xbox one x. Nothing they showed or said last night clarified this.

Not to sound mean but if you couldn't figure that its a new console then you have issues.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10311 Posts

The XSEX, which won't take long for people to call it the XSUX if the exclusives fail miserably once again.

Then again it will probably be XBSX, but won't be long until it becomes the BS console with the first flop in sight.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Pedro

I read several comments on the net about the name being confusing and that retailers/consumers would be confused. How dumb do people think the average person is? If you go to the store and ask for the new Xbox, any non brain dead sales rep can simply point to the Series X. I am not sure where the confusion would come from. The people who would be in most jeopardy is the ignorant people buying it online. The same place that can clarify any misunderstanding.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11701 Posts

Lame name, I like the form factor though.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#128 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20219 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It looks awful.

This wins it for me lol.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Pedro said:

I read several comments on the net about the name being confusing and that retailers/consumers would be confused. How dumb do people think the average person is? If you go to the store and ask for the new Xbox, any non brain dead sales rep can simply point to the Series X. I am not sure where the confusion would come from. The people who would be in most jeopardy is the ignorant people buying it online. The same place that can clarify any misunderstanding.

Someone forgot about the Wii U

jeezers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#130 jeezers
Member since 2007 • 5341 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@djoffer: Even the ones without RGB?

Simplicity is nice, alot of those RGB cases look like alien technology, it tries to hard to look different, i have a nice rig, went with a simple budget case, i dont like rgb, the one below is what i got

https://www.newegg.com/black-fractal-design-focus-g-atx-mid-tower/p/N82E16811352069?item=N82E16811352069&source=region&nm_mc=knc-googleadwords-pc&cm_mmc=knc-googleadwords-pc-_-pla-_-cases+%28computer+cases+-+atx+form%29-_-N82E16811352069&gclid=CjwKCAiAis3vBRBdEiwAHXB29F-P5emew5-fxb7I5-kLPgdzEfcIj95Upyxmle8j2KU6tRbmX5n1wBoCVEMQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Pedro

@MonsieurX said:

Nope! I have not. The Wii U failure was more than just the name. MS currently have two systems with near identical names Xbox One S and Xbox One X. The only visual difference is the color. The same can be said about the PS4 and the PS4 Pro.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

As Rust on Silicon Valley would say that Console F@#@s.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By xhawk27

@freedomfreak said:

It looks awful.

Yeah The PS5 dev kit looks like a toilet seat and I bet the final design of the POS5 will look like one too. LOL

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#134 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17457 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:

@Pedro: The closest you're probably going to get in a PC case resembling the X Series X case is the Silverstone FT03.

Seriously not even the Fractal Node 202 or Silverstone SST FTZ01S are sleek enough for you?

Looking back, thats an absolute genius of a design.

I expect the design was, in part, to aid with cooling but also have some appeal worldwide (including Japan)

Historically, most places outside of US (especially Japan and EU) found the Xbox consoles bulky and unappealing.

EU and Japan prefers sleeker designs in tech and especially cars.

Good move on MS's part, and also heres a throwback review of the Silverstone FT03. Kind of a window into how the Series X/S will be designed.

Loading Video...

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 pdogg93

@xhawk27: I feel like you’re legit 10 years old.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 xhawk27

@pdogg93 said:

@xhawk27: I feel like you’re legit 10 years old.

Nope but you really must be.

pdogg93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 pdogg93

@xhawk27: great retort kiddo!

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Pedro

Yay! Two grown adults arguing about who is a 10 year old.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 MonsieurX

@Pedro said:
@MonsieurX said:

Nope! I have not. The Wii U failure was more than just the name. MS currently have two systems with near identical names Xbox One S and Xbox One X. The only visual difference is the color. The same can be said about the PS4 and the PS4 Pro.

PS4 and Xbox were in the same gen. Wii and Wii U weren't

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 xhawk27

@Pedro said:

Yay! Two grown adults arguing about who is a 10 year old.

Yay but he Started it. Sounds like what are Government is now. Sad isn't it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Pedro

@MonsieurX: The Wii U was an enhanced Wii and the Switch is a repackaged Wii U.

@xhawk27 said:

It is sad mainly because its true.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 MonsieurX

@Pedro said:

@MonsieurX: The Wii U was an enhanced Wii and the Switch is a repackaged Wii U.

@xhawk27 said:

It is sad mainly because its true.

....right

Avatar image for deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#143 deactivated-5e081d8b4abb0
Member since 2017 • 1499 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@StrongDeadlift said:

I am done with this company. Microsoft needs to leave gaming or go third party. They have no fucking idea what they are doing.

Let me be absolutely clear. This console is the Wii U all over again. Stupid fucking name. Stupid fucking design. Stupid fucking concept. Look, I'll check back in when Halo Infinite comes out (to play it on PC) but otherwise, I am done with this brand.

This console is going to fail. It will change absolutely nothing reguarding the current predicament the xbox brand finds itself in, nor improve in ANY way shape or form, xbox's place in the gaming industry.

Does anybody remember the Xbox 360? That console made gaming better by existing. They set the agenda for the entire gen. Created a playbook that even Sony would take a page or two in concieving the PS4.

I want you to honestly ask yourself......is the Xbox Series X going to make gaming better by existing? If not, then does this console even need to exist? Does this brand even need to exist?

ROFLMAO! Seriously the design of the box will have nothing to do if this is successful or not. It will be all about the games so please STFU already. The design is fine and the specs are fine. Lets just see if Microsoft can fix creating good exclusives again. If that is the case they will sell like hotcakes.

Most pathetic post I have read in a while. I can't believe how people act anymore it is truly embarrassing.

It's hilarious really. More people are up in arms about the design and the name of the console than actually the first game we saw coming out for it which was Hellblade 2. I mean, I thought it's all about the games? 😂

You have a little more than twice as many posts and more than twice the views on here than in the Hellblade 2 thread...lmfao.

Goes to show people just loveeeeeeeeeeeee to bitch and moan on the internet more than anything. I'm a PC gamer and I like the design; plus it was said it can be placed horizontally as well although I actually prefer how it looks vertically. The name is kind of stupid but their reasoning behind it makes sense; similar to how Apple names their products with their stupid ass names too.

On a final note; I'm going to laugh my ass off if the Playstation 5 is shown off vertically as well looking similar to a tower. 😂

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Pedro said:

@pdogg93: If they were "insecure" wouldn't it make more sense for them to wait for Sony's reveal?

Yeah he's not the brightest one around here, you could say he has a few cows loose in the top paddock :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@Pedro said:

Moms were buying wii U games for their children wii when the wii U came out.

mowgly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#147 mowgly1
Member since 2017 • 2994 Posts

Another flop in sales.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18820 Posts

@Pedro said:

Can you sit on it?

Jendeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 Jendeh
Member since 2004 • 742 Posts

We've gone from the Xbone to the Xbox Sex. I'm sorry Microsoft, but this is not an adequate substitution for the real thing.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22413 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@Pedro said:

Yeah he's not the brightest one around here, you could say he has a few cows loose in the top paddock :)

Lol.

I'm not quite sure why people are shortening it to "Sex"... wouldn't it be "XSX" if anything? If you're going to include the "e", then why stop there? Why not also include the "r" as well... "Serx". It's stupid.

Anyway, whatevs.