Xbox still makes you buy batteries for their controllers because...

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#101 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@joshrmeyer: xsx controller is 10 bucks cheaper, but given all options I’d still rather have AAs in my controller. Yes, you can recharge the Sony controllers after a long session, but if you forget you start the next session with a cable plugged in...which is never long enough. All rechargeable batteries lose charge capacity - starting at 10 percent after approx 200 charges which is less than a year.

Again, given that I have the option to buy rechargeables, AAs or a battery pack and a cheaper controller I wouldn’t want that to change in future gens....but given the environmental issues it probably will.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 sealionact

@ProtossRushX: Guess what? I can plug my controller in too. I need to plug it in far less than you, because two AA batteries last anywhere between 2 weeks and a month.

Given that you don’t use your PS4 I guess you don’t need to charge the controller either.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

i like MS system for the controller. I just swap out rechargeable batteries, which is more convenient than having to plug in a cord.

Dude I plug in my cord all the time for my switch lite ps4 controllers its really no big deal at all....you can still play with it plugged in its not going to kill you

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Wait...you mean we are forced to use Duracell batteries, and we’ve had no other option for 3 generations?

Nobody forced you to use them, but most did because its a popular brand. That is how you milk your fans without any sort of backlash. Microsoft is smart.

What? You have any evidence that most used Duracell batteries in their Xbox controllers or just pulling stuff out of your ass?

Here is an actual example of milking a customer. Selling an graphically updated game less than 1 year after it was released for full price. Selling a demo for $39. We in the real world call that milking. Users choosing to buy or NOT buy a particular brand of battery isn't.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16604 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

i like MS system for the controller. I just swap out rechargeable batteries, which is more convenient than having to plug in a cord.

Dude I plug in my cord all the time for my switch lite ps4 controllers its really no big deal at all....you can still play with it plugged in its not going to kill you

its kind of a pain to get up and walk all the way there and plug in the cord. Sometimes I forget and the controller is almost dead.

I also feel like the xbox batteries last longer than the ps5 rechargeable controller.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 kingtito
@joshrmeyer said:

@sealionact: I can see the advantages of both ways. The problem is that MS charges the same price as Sony but doesn't include a battery pack. Not a big deal really though. I just looked at how much rechargeable batteries are, and they aren't much. I guess just the idea of using replaceable batteries in 2021 in high end devices that are $60-$180(or more?) seems archaic. In practice it's really not that big of a deal. As little as I actually play my PS4, if it had the same controller as xbox, I could probably go several months on one pack of batteries. Again, I think it's just the idea or concept of it. Even most cheap electronic toys or devices now a days use some kind of built in rechargeable battery. I think next gen MS will go this route or maybe even this gen if they update their controller(which it looks like they might with that survey).

XSX controller is $59...PS5 $69. How is that the same price?

Well for one controllers aren't high end devices and 2 that's why MS gives you options. Replaceable or rechargeable..options comparing to having none and replacing the entire controller.

Why do you keep using such horrible examples of products using rechargeable's? Toys that use rechargeable batteries have to be charged almost every time you use them so it would make ZERO sense to have them use disposable. Controllers aren't in the category because 1 pack can last as long as a month or 2 depending on how much you play. Your argument is nonsensical

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 kingtito

@ProtossRushX said:
@bluestars said:

i get 2 free batteries... my re-chargeable batteries do the rest

thank you MS

You still had to buy those rechargeable batteries at some point and now they are preoccupied in your gaming unit where as with sony im rechargeable at no charge.

If only we could believe this...unfortunately for you we know you don't play your consoles. We know you're not playing anything on the PC except for Wow and in no way are you using a controller. Stop being a fakeboy

jeffbuckley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#108 jeffbuckley1
Member since 2004 • 270 Posts

Easier recharging the controller than having to go to the shops just to get batteries to game.

Microsoft are stuck in the stone age using batteries. I am surprised they dont pack in a scart lead as well

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#109 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39706 Posts

@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: Wait...you mean we are forced to use Duracell batteries, and we’ve had no other option for 3 generations?

Nobody forced you to use them, but most did because its a popular brand. That is how you milk your fans without any sort of backlash. Microsoft is smart.

What? You have any evidence that most used Duracell batteries in their Xbox controllers or just pulling stuff out of your ass?

Here is an actual example of milking a customer. Selling an graphically updated game less than 1 year after it was released for full price. Selling a demo for $39. We in the real world call that milking. Users choosing to buy or NOT buy a particular brand of battery isn't.

By most, i don't mean you're purchasing nothing else but a Duracell battery every time yours run out, but over the years, MOST HAVE PURCHASED said brand for their controllers. This is fact and no links is needed for something this obvious. Their strategy worked.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56408 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Telekill said:

@Pedro: Then why would you be so butt hurt over this deal having been made?

You have to try that one again. That is low level. 😎

Very low level indeed right their🤭

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

I've been using the same charge from the same two AAA batteries (GP®) for my wireless keyboard since I bought it in June 2018. It's incredible. Sony's lithium ion batteries can't even hold a charge for half a day.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:

By most, i don't mean you're purchasing nothing else but a Duracell battery every time yours run out, but over the years, MOST HAVE PURCHASED said brand for their controllers. This is fact and no links is needed for something this obvious. Their strategy worked.

Again you have any proof of said purchases explicitly for Xbox controllers? You know Engergizer exist right as well as many other brands. I don't recall 1 time MS telling or hinting for me to purchase Duracell batteries. There is nothing obvious about this.

Make a claim provide the evidence.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 sealionact

@hardwenzen: I also have the option of buying rechargeable batteries, using a cable or buying a battery pack.

Ms made a deal with Duracell to supply the batteries with the controller.

That’s not milking the user base, that’s supplying them with a “popular option” with a cheaper priced controller that has further options for power.

Milking the user base would be giving gamers who bought a game on PS4 no other option to upgrade to the ps5 enhanced version, other than to pay 70 dollars. Or charging gamers to save games to the cloud, while disabling external drive storage..or even charging gamers to use all the features of the UI.

That’s milking.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

May actually get GP batteries instead of Duracels now, if my extremely long battery life is not an anomaly.

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2154 Posts

Lemmings eat anything Microsoft gives them lol. For the gamer, please.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: I also have the option of buying rechargeable batteries, using a cable or buying a battery pack.

Ms made a deal with Duracell to supply the batteries with the controller.

That’s not milking the user base, that’s supplying them with a “popular option” with a cheaper priced controller that has further options for power.

Milking the user base would be giving gamers who bought a game on PS4 no other option to upgrade to the ps5 enhanced version, other than to pay 70 dollars. Or charging gamers to save games to the cloud, while disabling external drive storage..or even charging gamers to use all the features of the UI.

That’s milking.

You do, but don't speak for everyone. A dudebro who's into madden might just get the Duracell batteries cuz its one of the two brands he knows. And that is how their deal is milking the fanbase. Not to mention how the controller would've been lighter and without the annoying batteries compartment (especially on the 360 controllers).

Had the ps4 from launch to the Fall of 2020 and never had any kind of batteries issues, and i was certainly not thinking of them running out and having to swap them.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#117  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

It's funny, MS debunked this shit fast.

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Not saying i don't like the AA batteries option, but the cost of it is much more than just buying a Xbox battery pack. 4-8 rechargable batteries + charger can possibly cost around $15-20 which is about the same as an Xbox controller battery pack. Better yet just go to GameStop and buy two used one for like $9 each. Loose batteries are like boomer generation nowadays. The only thing I would even consider using it is on a remote controller.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By sealionact

@hardwenzen: I’m objectively not speaking for everybody, because others here have already said they use other options.

If ms supplied a controller that only worked with Duracell batteries, then yes...the deal would be a bad one for the gamers. The fact that most people will buy Duracell’s after the supplied batteries die only means that most people ... given the choice...recognise that it is a good product, and if ms had made a deal with another battery company they would STILL buy duracells.

Sorry bud, your argument holds no water.

Edit; Sorry... misunderstood your first point. I kinda do speak for everybody, because everybody has the same choices I have. Use AAs, buy rechargeables, use a cable or buy a battery pack.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By kingtito

@hardwenzen: "A dudebro who's into madden might just get the Duracell batteries cuz its one of the two brands he knows. And that is how their deal is milking the fanbase."

I don't think you understand the definition of milking. You'd be given no choice but to buy Duracell if you chose disposable batteries but that's not the case. People have the choice of buying which ever brand they want without any outside influence from MS or Duracell. In fact I bet 90%+ of the gaming world didn't know the deal with MS and Duracell even existed.

You need to look up the definition of milking amigo.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

@BassMan said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@BassMan said:

I have a lot of rechargable AA batteries that I use on multiple devices. Quickly swapping batteries is much better than having to plug in a cord. So, Xbox controllers are superior to PS controllers in that regard.

Because you don't want to keep your controller plugged in while it charges? lol!

No, I want to keep playing without having to plug in a cord. Also, the cord that it comes with is not even long enough for me to play in my living room. So, I have to go buy a longer cord to use when the controller dies or I have to buy an additional controller to swap to. You are also at the mercy of the battery in the PS controller. If it packs it in, your controller is fucked. The max charge will also degrade over time. I can always have high capacity AA batteries that hold a long charge on an Xbox controller. Built in batteries are far worse.

I've actually never had a Sony or Nintendo controller with built in battery die on me. I do have a Xbox One controller for PC, and I just plug that in to my PC lol, but to your point, you need it for long distance.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 hardwenzen

@kingtito said:

@hardwenzen: "A dudebro who's into madden might just get the Duracell batteries cuz its one of the two brands he knows. And that is how their deal is milking the fanbase."

I don't think you understand the definition of milking. You'd be given no choice but to buy Duracell if you chose disposable batteries but that's not the case. People have the choice of buying which ever brand they want without any outside influence from MS or Duracell. In fact I bet 90%+ of the gaming world didn't know the deal with MS and Duracell even existed.

You need to look up the definition of milking amigo.

I understand milking perfectly fine. You could call this an indirect milking, since nobody is forcing you to buy it. But all in all, after two full generation and a third one that has just began, you know damn well this deal has made them a shitload of money, and nobody even knew about it. Not only is it making them money, but they gave you a shittier 360 controller design because of those battery packs.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Rechargeable AA batteries. It's the absolute smartest and consumer friendly way to go and I wouldn't have it any other way. Use them all around the home and there's always some ready to go at a moments notice.

The alternative is to throw away your useless built-in battery controller once the battery no longer holds a charge. That is such a Phony way to go. :P

And how many AA batteries you think you'll go through before a charge of a lithium battery goes?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10651 Posts

@Pedro said:

"Look, I have systems I don't use." 😂🤣

Nah, he just completely destroyed kingtito post.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:

I understand milking perfectly fine. You could call this an indirect milking, since nobody is forcing you to buy it. But all in all, after two full generation and a third one that has just began, you know damn well this deal has made them a shitload of money, and nobody even knew about it. Not only is it making them money, but they gave you a shittier 360 controller design because of those battery packs.

Again without any proof that THIS particular deal made Duracell more money than if they didn't have one then you're just talking. No facts to back it up other than your "feelings". This isn't milking in any definition of the word be it loose or not.

Having built in batteries doesn't make your controller better. The Elite controller uses batteries and is considered one of the best controllers available. The design is my favorite and is nothing more than an opinion which includes your statement.

Again, learn the definition of milking.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 kingtito
@ermacness said:
@Pedro said:

"Look, I have systems I don't use." 😂🤣

Nah, he just completely destroyed kingtito post.

LOLO by posting consoles he doesn't play? We've seen the pics before and we've also seen that he doesn't actually play since the last time he turned on his PS4 was in 2019 and his Xbox is collecting dust in his closet(his words).

You might want to look up who you're backing up before you make a fool of yourself clown. Protoss is nothing more than a fakeboy flip flopping which system he's going to shill for that day.

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6965 Posts

@ermacness: Well I finally replaced my 4 AA rechargeables I use for my Xbox last week....after 7 years.

$10 ÷ (365×7) = approx. $0.004/day. Approx 2.5 days cost me 1 cent. Possibly upto double that if I include the electricity cost as well. The horror of it all. How will I feed my family? Imagine if you are super hard-core and have to buy replacements twice as often as I do.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 kingtito
@ermacness said:
@SecretPolice said:

Rechargeable AA batteries. It's the absolute smartest and consumer friendly way to go and I wouldn't have it any other way. Use them all around the home and there's always some ready to go at a moments notice.

The alternative is to throw away your useless built-in battery controller once the battery no longer holds a charge. That is such a Phony way to go. :P

And how many AA batteries you think you'll go through before a charge of a lithium battery goes?

Good thing some of us use rechargeable batteries like Eneloops which last a very long time and when they run out of charge it's a quick swap. You clowns need to get off the "AA batteries" are last gen garbage.

In contrast, I had to purchase another $70 controller for the long gaming sessions. Spent more on that controller than I have for my Eneloops that'll last me decade.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 sealionact

@hardwenzen: Indirect milking? Isn’t that another way of saying “not milking”?

Seriously, I don’t get the issue. Ms has to supply batteries in order for gamers to play when they open their boxes...so they have to make a deal with a battery supplier. They made a partnership with an OEM that supplies the batteries inside the console as well as the ones in the controller, and chose the market leader.

How is that not good? If ms are getting paid by Duracell, why would that be a bad thing for gamers when they get batteries from the most popular brand? I suspect Duracell don’t need to do more than supply the batteries, or more likely sell than at a discount to ms...I seriously doubt that Duracell are paying big bucks to supply a product. That’s not how things work.

It’s a partnership.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By hardwenzen

@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:

Again without any proof that THIS particular deal made Duracell more money than if they didn't have one then you're just talking. No facts to back it up other than your "feelings". This isn't milking in any definition of the word be it loose or not.

Having built in batteries doesn't make your controller better. The Elite controller uses batteries and is considered one of the best controllers available. The design is my favorite and is nothing more than an opinion which includes your statement.

Again, learn the definition of milking.

Since you're so anal about links and proof, let me ask you a question. Do you have proof that this deal DID NOT MAKE them bank? You do not. So until your prove otherwise, my claims are equal to yours.

The Elite controller is the best, yes, i'd agree, but you're paying an outrageous amount of money for a simple controller that uses the same shitty internals the normal controllers do. That is not okay. And don't be too impressed with it being the best when gaming companies have been on an auto pilote when it comes to controllers. Nobody tries to evolve the damn thing.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:

Since you're so anal about links and proof, let me ask you a question. Do you have proof that this deal DID NOT MAKE them bank? You do not. So until your prove otherwise, my claims are equal to yours.

The Elite controller is the best, yes, i'd agree, but you're paying an outrageous amount of money for a simple controller that uses the same shitty internals the normal controllers do. That is not okay. And don't be too impressed with it being the best when gaming company are on an auto pilote when it comes to controllers. Nobody tries to evolve the damn thing.

That's not how this thing works. YOU make a claim, YOU back it up. To clarify what I'm saying, I know the deal made Duracell money because MS still has to pay for the initial batteries than come with the controller. What I'm trying to say is that YOU have no idea if future battery purchases made by the consumer were Duracells. Some may have been but just as likely is consumers bought one of the many other brands on the market. The point of milking is forcing the customers to purchase only that 1 brand and NOT give them the many many options they have.

But I'm not making any claims. I'm saying YOU don't know since YOU'RE the one making them.

Be that as it may it's still one of the best controllers AND it doesn't use and built in battery. Kind of renders your opinion about shitty controllers using AA moot.

Well I'm sure that'll change at some point. It's my favorite controller design and having options sure beats having none. Having said that, the PS5 controller has a very nice feel and weight and is growing on me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 hardwenzen

@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kingtito said:

The Elite controller is the best, yes, i'd agree, but you're paying an outrageous amount of money for a simple controller that uses the same shitty internals the normal controllers do. That is not okay. And don't be too impressed with it being the best when gaming company are on an auto pilote when it comes to controllers. Nobody tries to evolve the damn thing.

That's not how this thing works. YOU make a claim, YOU back it up. To clarify what I'm saying, I know the deal made Duracell money because MS still has to pay for the initial batteries than come with the controller. What I'm trying to say is that YOU have no idea if future battery purchases made by the consumer were Duracells. Some may have been but just as likely is consumers bought one of the many other brands on the market. The point of milking is forcing the customers to purchase only that 1 brand and NOT give them the many many options they have.

But I'm not making any claims. I'm saying YOU don't know since YOU'RE the one making them.

Be that as it may it's still one of the best controllers AND it doesn't use and built in battery. Kind of renders your opinion about shitty controllers using AA moot.

Well I'm sure that'll change at some point. It's my favorite controller design and having options sure beats having none. Having said that, the PS5 controller has a very nice feel and weight and is growing on me.

You don't have any solid proof to counter my claims. I am obviously not gonna waste time trying to find proof if there's even such a thing, and if there is, its not public. So why would you ask me to give you proof for something you know damn well isn't told to the public? Unless there's leakage involved, we will never know the end result, but its pretty darn naive to think that they didn't make bank in North America alone, let alone the rest of the world.

I have no idea if their deal is still a thing, but if it is, it ain't just cuz they feel like Duracell is a cool brand.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:

You don't have any solid proof to counter my claims. I am obviously not gonna waste time trying to find proof if there's even such a thing, and if there is, its not public. So why would you ask me to give you proof for something you know damn well isn't told to the public? Unless there's leakage involved, we will never know the end result, but its pretty darn naive to think that they didn't make bank in North America alone, let alone the rest of the world.

I have no idea if their deal is still a thing, but if it is, it ain't just cuz they feel like Duracell is a cool brand.

I don't need to provide counter proof since you've failed to prove your point. You seem to be ignoring the fact that YOU made the claim, not me. It's your responsibility to provide the proof backing up the claim you made. I didn't say one way or the other that Duracell made more money or not. I said how can YOU say it without providing any factual numbers to back it up.

Why would I ask for proof? Because you're making statements and acting as if it's fact and not your opinion. If you had stated you "think" this is what's happening then there is no need to provide proof BUT you didn't. You act as if it's fact AND you're making a claim of it being an example of milking the customers. That's why I asked for proof.

They made money off the initial deal and I'm not disputing it. We don't know if they made MORE money off resales of AA batteries for Xbox controllers BECAUSE they have a deal in place like you're claiming. I bet the money they make off sales of AA batteries(not the initial purchases that comes with new controllers) for Xbox controllers would be the exact same had they had no deal. The difference is I'm not saying it as fact while you are.

It's most likely because Duracell gave them a better deal OR they're execs are cozy with MS execs. Either way this is the furthest thing from milking as can be

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

Is pathetic for years lemmings though that MS was giving them a choice.😂😂😂

I know certain lemmings here who must be on full DC mode let me read on.😂😂😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#136 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70405 Posts

I see that "bu buh but teh AA batteries king" is here. 😂🤣

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 hardwenzen

@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:

I don't need to provide counter proof since you've failed to prove your point. You seem to be ignoring the fact that YOU made the claim, not me. It's your responsibility to provide the proof backing up the claim you made. I didn't say one way or the other that Duracell made more money or not. I said how can YOU say it without providing any factual numbers to back it up.

Why would I ask for proof? Because you're making statements and acting as if it's fact and not your opinion. If you had stated you "think" this is what's happening then there is no need to provide proof BUT you didn't. You act as if it's fact AND you're making a claim of it being an example of milking the customers. That's why I asked for proof.

They made money off the initial deal and I'm not disputing it. We don't know if they made MORE money off resales of AA batteries for Xbox controllers BECAUSE they have a deal in place like you're claiming. I bet the money they make off sales of AA batteries(not the initial purchases that comes with new controllers) for Xbox controllers would be the exact same had they had no deal. The difference is I'm not saying it as fact while you are.

It's most likely because Duracell gave them a better deal OR they're execs are cozy with MS execs. Either way this is the furthest thing from milking as can be

The proof is not public, and you know that. My claims are nothing out of the ordinary, so i am not too certain why its so hard for you to see this being a possible reality. You can deny it all you want, but you have no proof of it being not real either. Its Microsoft lmao.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 kingtito

@tormentos said:

@SolidGame_basic:

Is pathetic for years lemmings though that MS was giving them a choice.😂😂😂

I know certain lemmings here who must be on full DC mode let me read on.😂😂😂

It's funny that the article specifically states just that "to give the consumers options" LOL that you still fail to except it. You really think MS would keep a battery deal just to make Duracell happy? You're more delusional that anyone thought

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 kingtito

@hardwenzen said:

The proof is not public, and you know that. My claims are nothing out of the ordinary, so i am not too certain why its so hard for you to see this being a possible reality. You can deny it all you want, but you have no proof of it being not real either. Its Microsoft lmao.

So if the proof isn't public then how could you make any statements as factual?

Again, I challenged your "facts" and asked for proof. I didn't make a claim either way but I highly doubt what you said simply because MS nor Duracell has put any statements out pushing anyone to purchase their batteries for Xbox controllers. How you think that's milking is beyond me.

Funny, cause neither do you. Fact is YOU made the claim so you can laugh all you want but the fact remains you failed to prove a statement you pretend is fact.

Bottom line for me and almost anyone using an Xbox controller is options>>>having none. I'd take the options every day of the week and twice on Sundays

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#140  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

I play at a PC, and when I use a controller, it's usually always plugged in. Usually it's my PS4 controller, so it's a preference thing. If I am sitting 18 inches from a USB port, why worry about batteries at all?

But, I can understand people not wanting a built-in battery they cannot easily swap out. If you're playing a game and your controller dies, I can understand if someone would rather be able to swap out the battery pack and continue playing, rather than having to move closer to the TV, or find a really long USB cable, or use another controller (especially if it's a $150 elite controller).

But.. I do think Xbox controllers should come with one of those battery packs included. With that battery pack you have something you can plug in to recharge, just like a PS4 or Switch controller, but you can also swap it out, just like with batteries. My 8bitdo controller came with a battery pack very similar to what they make for the Xbox controller.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 hardwenzen

@kingtito said:
@hardwenzen said:

So if the proof isn't public then how could you make any statements as factual?

Again, I challenged your "facts" and asked for proof. I didn't make a claim either way but I highly doubt what you said simply because MS nor Duracell has put any statements out pushing anyone to purchase their batteries for Xbox controllers. How you think that's milking is beyond me.

Funny, cause neither do you. Fact is YOU made the claim so you can laugh all you want but the fact remains you failed to prove a statement you pretend is fact.

Bottom line for me and almost anyone using an Xbox controller is options>>>having none. I'd take the options every day of the week and twice on Sundays

Because its a gaming forum and that's what you do on a gaming forum. Plus, as i've mentioned, it wouldn't be surprising if this was true. Its Microsoft we're talking about.

Your comment on having option doesn't make much sense. A lithium battery is better 100% of the time, so what's the point of having an inferior option? Its like using the DS4 on a ps5 while playing ps4 games. The choice is there, but why would anyone consider it over the DualSense when its so much better in every way?

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@kingtito: You should ask yourself why every other gaming company uses rechargeable batteries in their controller(Nintendo, sony, stadia, oculus, etc etc). Gameboys used to use AA batteries about like 30 years ago but fortunately Nintendo got with the times and included a rechargeable (like 20 years ago? Lol)... But yup, MS is the only company looking out for you(sarcasm).

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#143 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

Well thank you Duracell, as you don't have to deal with the shite PS4 battery. Hell, the Switch Pro controller decimates Sony's battery life, and is also internal.

I received Eneloop Pro's years ago as a Christmas present, and still game for close to 20 hours per charge on them. My DS4 dies in maybe about a quarter of the time. Cost vs. convenience, and my Eneloops win out.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@ProtossRushX said:

I FRIGGIN CALLED THIS OUT YEARS AGO I SAID THEY HAD A DEAL WITH DURACELL NOBODY BELIEVED ME TILL NOW!

Could you please provide a link to this fake outrage of yours, i mean i would believe you, but i know who you are and the lies you tell.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By tormentos

@BassMan said:

I have a lot of rechargable AA batteries that I use on multiple devices. Quickly swapping batteries is much better than having to plug in a cord. So, Xbox controllers are superior to PS controllers in that regard.

1-The problem is they don't include a pair of rechargeable ones, they don't need to drop the AA model.

2-Pretty weak defense, what you have is IRRELEVANT since you don't represent even 1% of the market.

3-No matter what either in your control or outside it you NEED to plug your rechargeable batteries, charge don't hold for ever, and they don't charge telepathically.

Not to mention that multiple sets of batteries cost multiple sets of dollars.

I don't know why in 2021 people feel the need still to justify MS crap with controllers.

@Pedro said:

I am not sure how this makes replaceable batteries a bad thing for consumers. Preventing the consumers from replacing easily their batteries is not in consumers favor.

So what you are saying is that is GOOD for the consumer to forcefully buy batteries?

Come on man you don't need prevent the consumer from replacing batteries, Duracell has rechargeable batteries, in fact they had them before the xbox brand even existed.

You are been intellectually dishonest.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

Well thank you Duracell, as you don't have to deal with the shite PS4 battery. Hell, the Switch Pro controller decimates Sony's battery life, and is also internal.

I received Eneloop Pro's years ago as a Christmas present, and still game for close to 20 hours per charge on them. My DS4 dies in maybe about a quarter of the time. Cost vs. convenience, and my Eneloops win out.

shut IT lemdy, U h8te Sowny why dOnT u StOp lieing and listen to my runon sEntanCES lOoK aT My BoX furNature see my Xbocks Im trUE SyStemz wurHieR whY U Like microSoft n haTe Sowny? huH

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

I assume its a slow day on SW if we're talking about Xbox batteries again lol.

philamona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 philamona
Member since 2020 • 50 Posts

I am quite surprised that this thread has yet to be locked. Toxic fanboyism on an issue over batteries?

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

Thats great i would not ever argue that, but i would argue that MS should include a free pair of rechargeable ones instead of making you pay for them.

They don't nee to be proprietary at all.

No you can change batteries in your controllers i did it with my DS3 which battery lasted some 10 years.

The notion that you have to throw controllers away because of a battery is lol worthy.

Rechargeable battery DS4

@ProtossRushX said:
@Pedro said:

I am not sure how this makes replaceable batteries a bad thing for consumers. Preventing the consumers from replacing easily their batteries is not in consumers favor.

Making a back alley deal to screw over consumers is not FOR THE GAMERS its FOR MICROSOFT AN DURCAELS POCKETBOOKS how the hell are u defendin this crap.

Because he is a corporate b!tch he simply can't come to terms with it, just like he downplayed MS forcing consumer to pay for free to play games which no other platform does.😂

@Archangel3371 said:

Good. I don’t care what the reason is, I prefer to have the option of using batteries over having a built in battery.

Yeah that is a shock like you would dislike anything MS does.😂😂

They could turn off your xbox remotely and allow you to play it only for 3 hours a day and still you would be ok with it.

There is this sad notion here around xbox fans, they believe that in order to have rechargeable batteries you need to give up the AA format.

You people need to drop the whole option excuse to justify lack of rechargeable batteries on xbox controllers, now we know 100% for sure that they include those for profits DC does money and MS does money as well when people run out of juice on that first pair and buy a play and charge kits which have sold MILLIONS.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#150  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17910 Posts

@tormentos: I didn't have to buy rechargable batteries for my controllers. I already had them as many people do. AA is a common battery used for many devices. That is what makes it so convenient. I always have charged batteries ready to go and I don't even have to think about it when a controller dies. Just a quick swap and I am right back to playing the way I was. No cord, no bullshit.