R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46650 Posts

Guys, the new graphical benchmark is soon to arrive. With PS5 gamers already able to enjoy this I'm sure we can all agree that very few games are able to come close to Guerrilla's prowess.

Nixxes and Sony are sure to please fans with the upcoming PC version offering a bunch of exclusive features like mouse and keyboard support for aiming at those pesky weakspots.

The game is not set to support ray tracing but will support both DLSS3 and FSR3, which is something I honestly feel the PS5 version was lacking in: quality upscaling. I could never find a satisfying middle ground between resolution and framerate.

Let's take a look at the specs shall we:

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

This game comes a day after DD2. Unfortunately, I might wait for a sale and until I'm done with my backlog.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#3  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Looks like I'm all set for Recommended settings. Maybe slightly more. I played through HZD twice back-to-back on my old GTX 970, so I was always going to play this even if I had to do it in arsecheeks mode. Looks like they will be at least a decent looking pair of arsecheeks.

15 days. Can't wait.

Edit: you know what? Looking at the reqs again, I think I'm going to push for High. Yeah, I think I can do High.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R4gn4r0k  Online

@the_master_race said:

This game comes a day after DD2. Unfortunately, I might wait for a sale and until I'm done with my backlog.

A day before, which means we have 24 entire hours to play the **** out of this before it's pushed to the sideline.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 R4gn4r0k  Online

@madrocketeer said:

Looks like I'm all set for Recommended settings. Maybe slightly more. I played through HZD twice back-to-back on my old GTX 970, so I was always going to play this even if I had to do it in arsecheeks mode. Looks like they will be at least a decent looking pair of arsecheeks.

15 days. Can't wait.

Edit: you know what? Looking at the reqs again, I think I'm going to push for High. Yeah, I think I can do High.

Lemme give you a protip:

Aim for 60fps then apply FSR to DLSS 3 on top:

It'll give you extra frames, with some minor input lag (the generated frames can't actually read input). But I've been doing this in loads of UE 5 games: Banishers, Robocop, and as long as you stay above 60fps the input lag is barely increased.

https://www.nexusmods.com/site/mods/738?tab=files

Pretty easy to install but if you need any help, I'm here for ya ;)

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1409 Posts

"Playstation Games will never go to pc".....Sony fanmugs

Time to move goalposts kid
Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2489 Posts
@saint-george said:

No, time to move on. They released their first AAA game on PC almost four years ago. Your post reads like this just started.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 R4gn4r0k  Online

@saint-george said:

This marks a great occasion, as many cows still believe that these sony ports are one-and-done. This marks the first occasion that a sequel is hitting PC. Fun times ahead.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Should be able to get close to 4K 60 at high settings. Bit of FSR...should be grand.

I dont think i will get it day 1 but do plan to get it before years end. Enjoyed the first one so looking forward to this.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8508 Posts

WTF is that poster? No wonder AAA games have trouble making money. WHo the hell cares about freckles on character faces.

Postosuchus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Postosuchus
Member since 2005 • 907 Posts

Very reasonable requirements, seems like my 1070 could have put in a playable showing had this game been interesting enough to purchase. Unfortunately DD2 has smothered any interest I may have had.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11816 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@the_master_race said:

A day before, which means we have 24 entire hours to play the **** out of this before it's pushed to the sideline.

Damn Horizon has crappy luck when it comes to releasing their games next to more prolific titles. Forbidden West is getting a back to back pounding by Elden Ring and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@the_master_race said:

Damn Horizon has crappy luck when it comes to releasing their games next to more prolific titles. Forbidden West is getting a back to back pounding by Elden Ring and Dragon's Dogma 2.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Saint-George

@warm_gun said:
@saint-george said:

No, time to move on. They released their first AAA game on PC almost four years ago. Your post reads like this just started.

Don't cry to me kid...Its well known cow narrative...that Sony destroyed...Come on lets wake up FFS

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Saint-George

@R4gn4r0k said:
@saint-george said:

This marks a great occasion, as many cows still believe that these sony ports are one-and-done. This marks the first occasion that a sequel is hitting PC. Fun times ahead.

Fun times indeed..

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1215 Posts

@saint-george said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@saint-george said:

Fun times indeed..

Huh? HFW is coming to Xbox?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

as much as I love this game alloy is so f-ing ugly compared to the first game.

pretty girl in the first nasty in the second. makes no since. western developers have lost it.

no one is allowed to be pretty anymore.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1215 Posts

@saint-george said:

SP games after some time, yes. GAAS day one as claimed years ago. But... Xbox games are coming to PS and Nintendo, but you, Xbox fanmugs, claimed that will never happen.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56401 Posts

With my RTX 4070, I'd say I can run this in max settings with no problems and while RT is missing for Forbidden West, I'm still okay with the rest of the stuff so yeah, I'm very excited playing this day one.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k  Online

@the_master_race: every time is a bad time to launch a game with the amount of bangers we're receiving for the past couple of years.

Holy moly, I need to lay down for a bit, can't keep up with all these releases.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 R4gn4r0k  Online

@davillain: oh hey man, we're pretty close together, I got a 3080ti.

It'll definitely be interesting to hear your thoughts on the launch state of this game.

Judging from these specs I should be good at 1440/60 (upscaled to 4K through DLSS). It's actually listing my exact CPU config lol.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online

@pc_rocks: seems like a silly thing to get worked up about, I dunno.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PC_Rocks

@R4gn4r0k said:

It's not at all silly. DO anyone cares about this or stuff like this when playing a game? These small things add up and then you have ballooning budgets. Don't know how and where we got into this rabbit hole.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 R4gn4r0k  Online

@pc_rocks said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's not at all silly. DO anyone cares about this or stuff like this when playing a game? These small things add up and then you have ballooning budgets. Don't know how and where we got into this rabbit hole.

It's just a small detail showcasing how Guerrilla is pushing graphics to the next level.

Some smaller teams are able to deliver insane graphics (Helldivers 2, Banishers) while some teams and games have massive budgets because they are mismanaged. I really fail to see how you come to the conclusion that freckles = game was mismanaged and had a ballooning budget.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@pc_rocks said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's just a graphical example for the settings which isn't a big deal to get worked over.

@R4gn4r0k said:

@davillain: oh hey man, we're pretty close together, I got a 3080ti.

It'll definitely be interesting to hear your thoughts on the launch state of this game.

Judging from these specs I should be good at 1440/60 (upscaled to 4K through DLSS). It's actually listing my exact CPU config lol.

Aiming for 1440p myself is what I'm hoping for. Hopefully this game will have a successful launch.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online

@davillain: Ah I see, you have a 1440p monitor, does it have a high refresh rate perchance?

I'd love to play it on my monitor, at least so I can use M/KB for that precise aiming the game has going on. But chances are big that I'll be behind the TV and using the dualsense. RIP my aim.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PC_Rocks

@R4gn4r0k said:
@pc_rocks said:

It's just a small detail showcasing how Guerrilla is pushing graphics to the next level.

Some smaller teams are able to deliver insane graphics (Helldivers 2, Banishers) while some teams and games have massive budgets because they are mismanaged. I really fail to see how you come to the conclusion that freckles = game was mismanaged and had a ballooning budget.

That's the thing, wrong thing to waste resources on and I'm quite sure there are plenty of others. HZD had a budget of 40M and from last SOny's reports/leaks, FW has over 120M-150M budget.

Performance capture, freckles, chest hair, whatever.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22962 Posts

Looking forward to the 19.99 sweet spot!

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1280 Posts
@the_master_race said:

Horizon always comes out during the release window of a hyped Japanese game lol. 3 out 4 this time lol.

Anyway, I'm not really hyped for this. I couldn't even finish Zero Dawn because it's a snoozefest. Might in the future, but till then, have fun, people who're buying this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

Did they make the game better?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1042 Posts

Aloy nude mods day 1 on my 32" 4K 240hz OLED monitor, nice!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator
@R4gn4r0k said:

@davillain: Ah I see, you have a 1440p monitor, does it have a high refresh rate perchance?

I'd love to play it on my monitor, at least so I can use M/KB for that precise aiming the game has going on. But chances are big that I'll be behind the TV and using the dualsense. RIP my aim.

I'm using the Acer Predator 27inc 1440p/165hz G-Sync monitor and it has been serving me for the past 2 years. Also supports HDR but never really care for it, so its a hit or a miss.

I suck mostly playing games 3rd-person using KB/M but depends on the game itself and all FPS games I use KB/M only.

Edit: Spec wise:

• RTX 4070
  • Ryzen 9 5900X/DeepCool Assassin 4 CPU Air Cooler
  • 32GB Ram
  • PSU 850w Gold
  • 2 NVME 2TB & 2 SSD 500

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1042 Posts
@Pedro said:

Did they make the game better?

No, it's still a Playstation game. So designed for people who don't like video games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R4gn4r0k  Online

@davillain: me too I tend to play 3P games exclusively with controller and 1P games with mouse and keyboard. PC gaming has become really versatile in that regard.

Since you can push up to 165 (same as what I'm rocking 💪) definitely tick that frame generation box in settings ✅

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#35  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

RTX 4080 will comfortably run the game maxed out at 4K/60 native.

4K/DLAA with frame gen on an RTX 4080 will probably run in the 90-100 fps range.

Which means the all mighty RTX 4090 will run 4K/DLAA at 120-150 fps or so.

I play to switch between; 4K/DLAA(FG) max on my TV and 5K/DLSS3-Q on my monitor. I hope the 4090 gets 120+ fps at 5K DLSS-Q if not I'll run DLSS-P. but that might be pushing it lol.

I recently bought HZD on PC and I run it in 5K native. FPS goes anywhere from 110-175(capped). (I'd say avg is 130-140fps) Looks gorgeous as **** for a 7 year old PS4 game. obviously HFW is a vastly superior looking game but DLSS and Frame Gen to boost the fps.

Absolutely insane visuals that is extremely well optimised. I still can't believe how good the PS5 version looks in the 40hz mode.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Pedro: Yes. Better graphics, performance and superior M/KB support. So an improvement of the superb 88/100 metacritic, GOTY nominated game!

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Saint-George

@loudheadphones:

Sometimes it's better to say nothing and look stupid,than posting and removing all doubt 👍

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 R4gn4r0k  Online

@Mozelleple112 said:

RTX 4080 will comfortably run the game maxed out at 4K/60 native.

4K/DLAA with frame gen on an RTX 4080 will probably run in the 90-100 fps range.

Which means the all mighty RTX 4090 will run 4K/DLAA at 120-150 fps or so.

I play to switch between; 4K/DLAA(FG) max on my TV and 5K/DLSS3-Q on my monitor. I hope the 4090 gets 120+ fps at 5K DLSS-Q if not I'll run DLSS-P. but that might be pushing it lol.

I recently bought HZD on PC and I run it in 5K native. FPS goes anywhere from 110-175(capped). (I'd say avg is 130-140fps) Looks gorgeous as **** for a 7 year old PS4 game. obviously HFW is a vastly superior looking game but DLSS and Frame Gen to boost the fps.

Absolutely insane visuals that is extremely well optimised. I still can't believe how good the PS5 version looks in the 40hz mode.

if I had a 4090 I would play on my monitor, I played Horizon Zero Dawn with mouse and keyboard and it's just a different game, it's way more comfortable to play the gameplay loop of horizon with mouse than it is with analogue sticks.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23992 Posts

@the_master_race said:

Horizon is cursed. First Breath of the Wild, then Elden Ring and now Dragons Dogma 2.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

Not sure if I am going to bother with this when DD2 is coming out and then Ghosts of Tsushima in May. I'd much rather play those 2 games, but I will probably get this eventually. Just wasn't a huge fan of the first game to dive in right away. Also, wish they put in some ray tracing for the global illumination and lighting/reflections. The game world looks a little plastic-y and lacks dimension.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k  Online

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Not sure if I am going to bother with this when DD2 is coming out and then Ghosts of Tsushima in May. I'd much rather play those 2 games, but I will probably get this eventually. Just wasn't a huge fan of the first game to dive in right away. Also, wish they put in some ray tracing for the global illumination and lighting/reflections. The game world looks a little plastic-y and lacks dimension.

From what I played it did feel that Horizon FW had key gameplay differences compared to Zero Dawn.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#42 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59320 Posts

Just play Zelda.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#43 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 16018 Posts

The low requirements make sense, its a PS4 game enhanced to PS5.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 R4gn4r0k  Online

@sakaixx said:

The low requirements make sense, its a PS4 game enhanced to PS5.

Except the DLC never came out on PS4 🤓

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@saint-george said:

SP games after some time, yes. GAAS day one as claimed years ago. But... Xbox games are coming to PS and Nintendo, but you, Xbox fanmugs, claimed that will never happen.

And PS games are coming to Xbox as well. What is your point?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 R4gn4r0k  Online

Sitting on a throne of games

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PC_Rocks

@R4gn4r0k said:

Sitting on a throne of games

Nah, that should be all of us - PC gamers combined!

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26652 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

From what I played it did feel that Horizon FW had key gameplay differences compared to Zero Dawn.

That's good to know. Zero Dawn had many gameplay decisions that were a bit mind-boggling, like having to constantly kill small game for health potions. I know it probably changed eventually, but having to do that for as long as you have to in that game was just a chore.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 R4gn4r0k  Online

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:

That's good to know. Zero Dawn had many gameplay decisions that were a bit mind-boggling, like having to constantly kill small game for health potions. I know it probably changed eventually, but having to do that for as long as you have to in that game was just a chore.

Yup. PC has a mod now that eliminates the grind. I gotta say, playing these really long RPGs and using mods to eliminate the grind just makes the pacing so much tighter, and in turn the game so much more enjoyable.

NfamousLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NfamousLegend
Member since 2016 • 1010 Posts

I might be able to play this on low settings 🤔