SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

https://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft/microsofts-quest-for-short-term-dollardollardollar-is-doing-long-term-damage-to-windows-surface-xbox-and-beyond

Wowza.. this would truly be the dawn of a new era if this happens. Do you believe this rumor, SW? I do.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3065 Posts

Makes sense. Microsoft is 3rd party publisher now.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44540 Posts

More people getting to play more games and Microsoft making more money. Win-win.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

Seems to be going that way. It's good for us of course. But it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of years.

I wonder if we are going to see Sony do the same by the end of Gen. Or maybe go half way and release PS5 games on the next Xbox and PS4 games on the Xbox series X maybe.

Interesting times.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7057 Posts

Looks like I'll be able to play Blade on the superior PS5 pro..

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6203 Posts

I have no problem xbox games coming to gamepass for 6-18 months and then playstation. Cows are helping pay the development costs and everyone gets to play the games It works just look at sea of thieves.

They have to pay for the massive increase in costs and it's better if someone else pays.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts
@silentchief said:

wait, so you'd rather play on console rather than playing the best version on PC?..

it's almost as if console gamers simply prefer to play on consoles regardless of what's available on PC..

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tdkmillsy

@silentchief: naaa the next xbox will be out before it's gets to PS.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45491 Posts

@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

wait, so you'd rather play on console rather than playing the best version on PC?..

it's almost as if console gamers simple prefer to play on consoles regardless of what's available on PC..

well yea... not everyone wants to game on their PC lol.. also, some of us still like physical media..

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Antwan3K

certainly plausible.. Satya Nadella's Microsoft is a software and services company that supports as many devices as possible with their content..

as such, Xbox can certainly continue to go in that direction as the traditional idea of what success looks like in the gaming industry continues to shift..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#11 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70398 Posts

@osan0 said:

Seems to be going that way. It's good for us of course. But it will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next couple of years.

I wonder if we are going to see Sony do the same by the end of Gen. Or maybe go half way and release PS5 games on the next Xbox and PS4 games on the Xbox series X maybe.

Interesting times.

That would be the right direction.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Silentchief
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

it's almost as if console gamers simple prefer to play on consoles regardless of what's available on PC..

Depends. If physical media dies and Sony brings all games day and date I will just build a PC. And if I will do it anyone will.

If that were the case the Xbox wouldn't be getting cooked.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Antwan3K

@SolidGame_basic said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:

well yea... not everyone wants to game on their PC lol.. also, some of us still like physical media..

agreed..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Pedro
@silentchief said:

Didn't you argue as one of your emotional facts that is a game is on PC console gamers would shift to PC.🤭

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentchief

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Didn't you argue as one of your emotional facts that is a game is on PC console gamers would shift to PC.🤭

I said if Playstation brought all there exclusives to PC day and date people would switch to PC. That isn't an emotional fact it’s just a fact. The Xbox proves this.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedro

@silentchief said:

I said if Playstation brought all there exclusives to PC day and date people would switch to PC. That isn't an emotional fact it’s just a fact. The Xbox proves this.

Thanks for confirming it was one of your emotional facts.🤭

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@Pedro said:
@osan0 said:

Interesting times.

That would be the right direction.

Oh yeah absolutely. Great for us.

It's just, on the MS side....i'm just wondering "What's your angle?". I'm still expecting them to go "Yoink" at some point.

Maybe i'm just paranoid. Too many years of being flogged with games behind barriers :P.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11269 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

I have no problem xbox games coming to gamepass for 6-18 months and then playstation. Cows are helping pay the development costs and everyone gets to play the games It works just look at sea of thieves.

They have to pay for the massive increase in costs and it's better if someone else pays.

They need to be releasing these games day and date on Playstation because letting shit languish on GP that long is a flop business model that killed Xbox

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#19 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25060 Posts

The next Doom undoubtly will be on PS5. no way they make this HUGE IP exclusive.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin: wishful thinking. Sea of thieves is in top 3 of sales on playststion. Years later

Pretty sure Xbox is still around and they know what they are doing.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21  Edited By Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12377 Posts

They can't sustain AAA budgets and GaaS games on a console that will only sell 40-50M units in its lifetime.

PlayStation can barely do those things and they have better games and a much larger install base.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

@BenjaminBanklin: wishful thinking. Sea of thieves is in top 3 of sales on playststion. Years later

LOLOL! They know what they're doing so well that all their games are moving to other platforms now.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1409 Posts

Cows...sales and profits win console wars

MS milk cows..

Cows...bu bu but

#Winning
#Winning

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Antwan3K
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

yet, Blade will be available on PC, Day and Date.. and you'd rather wait who knows how long to theoretically play it on the PS5 Pro.. simply because you'd prefer to play it on your platform of choice; a console..

it seems people, including you, simply choose to play games on the platform they prefer..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

They need to be releasing these games day and date on Playstation because letting shit languish on GP that long is a flop business model that killed Xbox

You know that Xbox games release day date on PC. The same platform that outsold PS5 for Helldivers 2. Also, what happened to the "I can just get it on PC" argument?🤭

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Antwan3K
@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

[...]

[...]

Also, what happened to the "I can just get it on PC" argument?🤭

it was never a real argument.. cows will always prefer to play games on a console regardless of what's happening on PC..

they are just terrified to lose a fanboy talking point.. plain and simple..

and if/when Sony finally announces the first AAA 1st party singleplayer game to launch Day and Date on PC, they'll still continue to game on console while moving the goalpost further down the field..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@Antwan3K said:

it was never a real argument.. cows will always prefer to play games on a console regardless of what's happening on PC..

they are just terrified to lose a fanboy talking point.. plain and simple..

and if/when Sony finally announces the first AAA 1st party singleplayer game to launch Day and Date on PC, they'll still continue to game on console while moving the goalpost further down the field..

Sorry but we are out of field.😂

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:

You know that Xbox games release day date on PC. The same platform that outsold PS5 for Helldivers 2. Also, what happened to the "I can just get it on PC" argument?🤭

I can get any Xbox game on PC day one, I can't do the same for PS5. I need a PS5 if I don't feel like waiting to play a game. That's what made Xbox irrelevant, and why you're crying on this forum now. If Sony started putting all their games day and date on PC, then I'd have less reason to own a Playstation console outside of guaranteed current, and last gen accessibility.

Plus, I know with Sony having the most console sales and more people buying from their store, it gets them more funding to make games, and I like Sony games. In the meantime, Xbox has to buy the same old tired third party multiplats to make themselves feel special, so what do they add to the industry? Nothing

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:

I can get any Xbox game on PC day one, I can't do the same for PS5. I need a PS5 if I don't feel like waiting to play a game. That's what made Xbox irrelevant, and why you're crying on this forum now. If Sony started putting all their games day and date on PC, then I'd have less reason to own a Playstation console outside of guaranteed current, and last gen accessibility.

Plus, I know with Sony having the most console sales and more people buying from their store, it gets them more funding to make games, and I like Sony games. In the meantime, Xbox has to buy the same old tired third party multiplats to make themselves feel special, so what do they add to the industry? Nothing

Good to know you actively support Xbox games on PC and soon you will be doing the same with PS5. Sell that shit now while it has some value.😂

PS: Keep being angry.🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

Good to know you actively support Xbox games on PC and soon you will be doing the same with PS5. Sell that shit now while it has some value.😂

LOL! Xbox's don't even ship a million units a quarter anymore, and you're trying to tell someone about value. Oh, for fucks sake 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Playstation and Xbox aren't in the same situation. You and your console lost. It's time to embrace that

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Pedro

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

LOL! Xbox's don't even ship a million units a quarter anymore, and you're trying to tell someone about value. Oh, for fucks sake 🤣🤣🤣🤣 Playstation and Xbox aren't in the same situation. You and your console lost. It's time to embrace that

Still time to sell it while it has some value.🤭

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin
@Pedro said:

Did you sell your Xbox? I'd be shocked if they even took trades for them at Gamestop anymore

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Silentchief
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Thanks for confirming it was one of your emotional facts.🤭

Riiight? So how is that Xbox brand doing?.... I mean " Microsoft Gaming "...🤣🤣.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

LOLOL! They know what they're doing so well that all their games are moving to other platforms now.

So because a company changes direction they don't know what they are doing?

Sony explicitly said games where only on PlayStation and then totally changed direction and released them on PC

Sony shifted from single player story games to live service games only to then cancel a load of live service games.

Companies that know what they are doing change direction at the correct times.

Microsoft is not the only company putting games on more devices. In fact most of them are.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Pedro
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

Did you sell your Xbox? I'd be shocked if they even took trades for them at Gamestop anymore

There is still time before others realize there are no games for the next year into 2025.🤭

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Silentchief
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

yet, Blade will be available on PC, Day and Date.. and you'd rather wait who knows how long to theoretically play it on the PS5 Pro.. simply because you'd prefer to play it on your platform of choice; a console..

it seems people, including you, simply choose to play games on the platform they prefer..

Judging by this news it will come day and date to PS5 pro. If it doesn't I may just get it on my XSX.

Regardless I don't own a Gaming PC because it isn't worth it to me right now. A PS5/XSX and Switch give me everything I need. However if all Playstation and Xbox games are coming to PC I will simply eliminate the redundant consoles and just build a PC. My Xbox would be useless if I had a gaming PC and the PS5 is headed that way as well.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 tdkmillsy

@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

Judging by this news it will come day and date to PS5 pro. If it doesn't I may just get it on my XSX.

Regardless I don't own a Gaming PC because it isn't worth it to me right now. A PS5/XSX and Switch give me everything I need. However if all Playstation and Xbox games are coming to PC I will simply eliminate the redundant consoles and just build a PC. My Xbox would be useless if I had a gaming PC and the PS5 is headed that way as well.

I think I'm the oposite now. My PS5 is at my nephews and he plays it much more than I did. Its only time really (don't play games much at the moment) that is stopping me selling my Xbox and building a PC, or at least an external GPU to go with my laptop.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

Sony explicitly said games where only on PlayStation and then totally changed direction and released them on PC

Sony shifted from single player story games to live service games only to then cancel a load of live service games.

Microsoft is not the only company putting games on more devices. In fact most of them are.

Yes, that's explicitly what I'm saying. Xbox has changed direction so many times, that people can't figure them out anymore. They've lost so much marketshare and money trying to be relevant in gaming, that many people aren't even sure what's driving them anymore. Cancelling some projects isn't the same as...

Having to put new games day and date on PC because their customers stopped buying them *WHOMP*

Putting new 1st party games day and date on a sub service *WHOMP WHOMP*

Buying multiple publishers for exclusives, then having to make the games multiplat anyway *WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP*

Making their home grown titles multiplat for other consoles because the customers that subscribe to GP stopped buying games *WHOOOOMMMMMMMP*

Deciding they didn't want the minor studios they bought in favor of focusing on big titles only, while leading everyone on before then that they had job security...

Loading Video...

It is SO obvious MS doesn't know what the **** they're doing in gaming and just keep shoveling money at problems that never corrected themselves. No one's buying the consoles, they had to tack on ABK revenue to stop business from looking completely horrid, but no one is falling for it. Xbox is donezo

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@tdkmillsy: You got the cultist all worked up now.😂

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Yes, that's explicitly what I'm saying. Xbox has changed direction so many times, that people can't figure them out anymore. They've lost so much marketshare and money trying to be relevant in gaming, that many people aren't even sure what's driving them anymore. Cancelling some projects isn't the same as...

Having to put new games day and date on PC because their customers stopped buying them *WHOMP*

Putting new 1st party games day and date on a sub service *WHOMP WHOMP*

Buying multiple publishers for exclusives, then having to make the games multiplat anyway *WHOMP WHOMP WHOMP*

Making their home grown titles multiplat for other consoles because the customers that subscribe to GP stopped buying games *WHOOOOMMMMMMMP*

Deciding they didn't want the minor studios they bought in favor of focusing on big titles only, while leading everyone on before then that they had job security...

Loading Video...

It is SO obvious MS doesn't know what the **** they're doing in gaming and just keep shoveling money at problems that never corrected themselves. No one's buying the consoles, they had to tack on ABK revenue to stop business from looking completely horrid, but no one is falling for it. Xbox is donezo

Hmm ok

A fanboy on a forum knows more than a trillion dollar company.

A fanboy on a forum that clearly knows nothing about business.

Things can appear very clear to the obsessed and uneducated.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tdkmillsy

@Pedro said:

Now I know what kind of conversation this is, there is only one thing to do.

Wind him up more. :)

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BenjaminBanklin

@Pedro said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Hmm ok

I know I'm not making excuses for a multi-trillion dollar company's failure in the console space. You guys got the taste buds collectively slapped out of your mouths for the world to see. It's will NEVER stop being entertaining 🤣🤣🤣

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Pedro said:

@tdkmillsy said:

Hmm ok

I know I'm not making excuses for a multi-trillion dollar company's failure in the console space. You guys got the taste buds collectively slapped out of your mouths for the world to see. It's will NEVER stop being entertaining 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure whats more entertaining

Microsoft 1st party blockbusters coming out this year

Sony not having any 1st party games this year

or you meltdown.

Take your pick

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Antwan3K

@silentchief said:
@Antwan3K said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:

You might as well build that gaming PC now then..

And guess what?.. Playstation will still be doing just fine..

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

or you meltdown.

Take your pick

None of these are funnier than PS5 actually having exclusives while Xbox has had dog dirt to play since Starfield, while Xboners wait on some more mediocre exclusives that will end up on PS5 anyway. Oh, that and the tears you people shed in every sales thread. This board is gonna be the great lemming circus for years to come

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

or you meltdown.

Take your pick

None of these are funnier than PS5 actually having exclusives while Xbox has had dog dirt to play since Starfield, while Xboners wait on some more mediocre exclusives that will end up on PS5 anyway. Oh, that and the tears you people shed in every sales thread. This board is gonna be the great lemming circus for years to come

Have they

Kindly name a 1st party exclusive that has come or will come out in 2024?

You know the thing Sony built their reputation on.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7286 Posts

Think it's a matter of time before Stanfield comes to ps5. It makes perfect sense to get easy revenue.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BenjaminBanklin

@tdkmillsy said:

Have they

Kindly name a game that's been worth playing for Xbox since Starfield.

Here are some games Xboners can't play tho'. Stellar Blade, FFVII remakes, Rise of the Ronin, and last but not least, the most port-begged by for The Great Green Losers... Helldivers II.

Now, tell me this, since Starfield has already dropped, which Xbox (future PS5 port) game do you think anyone should care about now?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Pedro

Deflection.😂

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tdkmillsy

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Have they

Kindly name a game that's been worth playing for Xbox since Starfield.

Here are some games Xboners can't play tho'. Stellar Blade, FFVII remakes, Rise of the Ronin, and last but not least, the most port-begged by for The Great Green Losers... Helldivers II.

Now, tell me this, since Starfield has already dropped, which Xbox (future PS5 port) game do you think anyone should care about now?

I asked first.

Come back when you have an answer in 2025.