(Complaint) I ask a simple question and you ban me for it? Really?

CYSYS8994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By CYSYS8994
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

I'm here to file a complaint.

Yesterday, I made a post in the "Bug Reporting & Feedback" forum in my other account CYSYS8993. (https://www.gamespot.com/forums/bug-reporting-feedback-1000006/how-does-the-api-reviews-thing-work-33498688/) I was talking about how to properly use the game reviews API (and I even stated that it's for non-commercial use). That's it. Nothing else. I wasn't witch hunting anyone, wasn't advertising crap no one cares about, none of that spam stuff which would warrant some kind of penalty and I'd go Surprised Pikachu face over.

I come back the next day and notice that the post got removed and I got banned. All over thatone single bit of activity since I signed in here. Are you freaking kidding me. You better have a really good reason for this action, otherwise, your mod team is seriously flawed. If it was because the post wasn't in the right forum, you could've just moved it to a more appropriate one and inform me about it. Why did you have to ban me for that. I'm facepalming so much to this right now.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2 zanelli  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 1224 Posts

@cysys8994: Hello, I have looked over what happened. Your other account was picked up by one of our anti-spam measures and was automatically banned.

As this seems to be a false positive, I can unban that other account if you'd like.

We however only allow multiple accounts for certain circumstances, such as this one, and I will have to remove access to this new account if this is the case.

Let me know and I sort that out for you.

CYSYS8994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CYSYS8994
Member since 2020 • 3 Posts

@zanelli: Thank you for clarifying.

It's apparent that your spam bots are flawed, not the mod team. Yes, you may remove this account. The only reason I created it was because it was the only way to bypass the unjust ban and file the complaint. I just couldn't let something like that go by the wayside.

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 zanelli  Moderator

@cysys8994: Not a problem, we are here to help with issues like this. Your account has been restored and should be back up and running now. I will wait for you to post in this thread with that account before I close this one, just in case there are any issues.

CYSYS8993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 CYSYS8993
Member since 2020 • 51 Posts

@zanelli: Works fine now. Thanks!

zanelli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 zanelli  Moderator

@cysys8993: That is great to hear. I have gone ahead and closed your other account now.