'Trump counties' had over 3 times more COVID deaths than 'Biden counties' in October, according to a new report

• 116 results
Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Trump Counties Now Have Over 3 Times More COVID Deaths Than Biden Counties: Report (businessinsider.com)

• "Trump counties" had over 3 times more COVID deaths than "Biden counties" in October.
  • It's probably because Republicans and Democrats have taken the vaccine at different rates.
  • Prior to the availability of vaccines, there was not a consistent partisan correlation in deaths.
  • People are now dying from COVID-19 at a rate 3 times higher in counties where former President Donald Trump won at least 60% of the vote than in counties where President Joe Biden won a similar percentage, according to a New York Times analysis of the data.

And that partisan gap — which didn't emerge until the widespread availability of vaccines in the spring of 2021 — has consistently widened over the last 5 months.

The gap, according to the Times, accelerated at its fastest rate yet in October, coming out to 25 COVID deaths per 100,000 residents in counties where Trump won more than 60% of the vote, versus 7.8 deaths per 100k in counties where Biden did the same.

Scary.

I encourage conservatives here to reconsider their purely political view and instead base it off of medical data and science. It's not just for you, but those other unvaccinated that live in your county. And your family. Chances are you have already had several vaccines (since mandates have been around for decades). What's one more?

Consider the facts above all. Entire fields of science don't disagree with you for no reason.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38691 Posts

dying to spite the liberals.

that'll lern 'em

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58508 Posts

Meh, kind of over the whole "scoreboard, bitch" mentality concerning COVID and such.

Let them choose their fate. Granted it'd be nice if they (right-wingers) got on board and we could put this pandemic behind us, but I'm tired of the fight to be frank.

If they haven't learned by now, they're never going to learn.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23057 Posts

@mrbojangles25: I'm still kind of hoping that eventually they'll realize it's silly and silently get vaccinated. It's not about a scoreboard, it's about reminding people these are the consequences and we're still experiencing them.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#5  Edited By Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49591 Posts

@mrbojangles25: It's still interesting to see data like this though regardless of the overt tribalism/shtick behavior. Although would be more interesting if they included hospitalizations and cases as well, bizarre that it was excluded from the article.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

That's about as surprising as deaths from suicide bombing being more prevalent in the Daesh.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

@Telekill said:

That said, I don't hold any trust in these "reports". They're often fabricated.

Hahaha. Why are cons so afraid of facts?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

All these COVID deaths are a tragedy. They could have easily been avoided.

@Telekill There is more to the world than just politics. A death is a tragedy, even if I disagree with them on some very important stuff.

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Telekill said:

Hahaha. Why are cons so afraid of facts?

I like to call it the decline of the Online Right.

• From Accepting and forming arguments around facts, with citation.
  • To citing sources but spinning them in a crazy way, often using dubious sources as well. Like InfoWars.
  • To citing sources but having such poor critical thinking and reading comprehension skills they often end up saying the opposite of what they think they do.
  • To not adhering to reports and facts because they don't trust them.
  • To "I don't read no academic studies I have common sense".
  • To actually shunning people who do studies, fact checkers and the likes.
Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@Maroxad: The left has done a great job of showing me that I'm their enemy. There's no longer a middle ground like there used to be. You guys push and you push and you push at nauseum. And now... we're enemies. Nothing more and no way to get back from it.

Congrats.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
@Telekill said:

@Maroxad: The left has done a great job of showing me that I'm their enemy. There's no longer a middle ground like there used to be. You guys push and you push and you push at nauseum. And now... we're enemies. Nothing more and no way to get back from it.

Congrats.

This makes you the problem. Not the solution.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Telekill

@LJS9502_basic: You assisted in making me the problem. I won't be complying with anything the left demands.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Maroxad
@Telekill said:

Congrats.

You are being overly dramatic again.

People on the left here aren't painting you as an enemy. We are calling you misguided and intellectually dishonest. But enemy? No that is ridicilous.

We push for where there is room for justice. There is no middle ground where injustice is concerned.

Every single move we push for, on social issues, we push for because they lead to greater public utility. Whether it is Vaccinations, LGBT rights or otherwise.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Telekill

@Maroxad: On here in this conversation? No you haven't said enemy. I did. It's because I've been told numerous times over the course of the last decade that all parts of me in some way ARE the enemy.

Toxic masculinity (meaning all men that aren't gay), "rape culture" and "believe all women" meaning again... all men straight men are nothing more than rapists.

How about due to being white I'm automatically racist?

How about that because I'm a Christian I'm automatically a homophobic bigot that hates Muslims?

Oh... I'm a conservative that believes in personal responsibility? I must be a racist bigot that's the cause of everyone else's problems.

No... you may not be saying enemy in this thread but the left has done a fantastic job of painting me as the enemy when I just wanted to be left the **** alone.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Maroxad

@Telekill: So you are judging an entire coalition by its weakest links? In that case, I am painted as more than just an enemy. I am a traitor, and someone who should watch out, because when the second civil war happens, they will personally come and [redacted]. Yes, they seemed awfully enthusiastic about something that wont ever happen. This was said by TWO right wingers who used to post on this board mind you.

Also, Toxic Masculinity doesnt mean what you think it does.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Telekill

@Maroxad: The war is coming.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad

@Telekill: Honestly, just start following facts and data. Why is it so surprising that demographics where anti-science sentiments have been common are harder hit by a pandemic?

We just want to people to live on.

Facts are facts, unless you have something to challenge and disprove it. Simply "not trusting" the facts presented, is nothing but postmodernist.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts

@Telekill said:

Did the idea ever occur to you that it might be due to your own actions?

Despite this being said several times here

People on the left here aren't painting you as an enemy. We are calling you misguided and intellectually dishonest. But enemy? No that is ridicilous.

You still post as if some here look at you as an enemy, while it never being said and denied over and over again.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#20  Edited By Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts
@Maroxad said:

@Telekill: Honestly, just start following facts and data. Why is it so surprising that demographics where anti-science sentiments have been common are harder hit by a pandemic?

Facts are facts, unless you have something to challenge and disprove it. Simply "not trusting" the facts presented, is nothing but postmodernist.

You're one to talk. You constantly talk about the US, US culture, US politics, US economy, US job market, US healthcare system, but have you ever been part of, contributed, voted, or used any of these services? Do you think you're an intellectual because you can read NPR and Washington Post? Facts are facts, and you're not getting them, and you're not even aware of enough to realize you're not getting them. You just assume what you're given are the facts and anyone who disagrees with it are anti-science. That makes you the antithesis of an intellectual.

And then, believing you know what you're talking about, you assume everyone else must be wrong, and if they're wrong, well then they're just not as smart as you so it's your duty to push your bullcrap onto them. People like you are why there is division in the western world.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LJS9502_basic

@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: You assisted in making me the problem. I won't be complying with anything the left demands.

That's a bit out there dude. I don't "demand". I try to educate where I see people are misled.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:

You're one to talk. You constantly talk about the US, US culture, US politics, US economy, US job market, US healthcare system, but have you ever been part of, contributed, voted, or used any of these services? Do you think you're an intellectual because you can read NPR and Washington Post? Facts are facts, and you're not getting them, and you're not even aware of enough to realize you're not getting them. You just assume what you're given are the facts and anyone who disagrees with it are anti-science. That makes you the antithesis of an intellectual.

And then, believing you know what you're talking about, you assume everyone else must be wrong, and if they're wrong, well then they're just not as smart as you so it's your duty to push your bullcrap onto them. People like you are why there is division in the western world.

I use US primarily as an example, not only does it have more data in general, but it is also what people here are familiar with. If I talk about local politics here in Sweden, nobody is able to refute anything I say. But if I use US politics as a frame, people will be familiar enough to refute me if I am wrong.

Culture? Other than mocking Southern US food, I don't really talk much about culture. Are you talking about the Car Culture/Suburban thread? That had nothing to do with the US. In fact, I was explicitly comparing European cities from eachother. While using some data from US cities as well. Poor Urban planning is a global issue.

Even in the one US thread I made. I even had a big section on it why Europeans should unite and form a super nation together.

Edit: The things I say are supported by data, evidence, and peer review. They are far more likely to hold true than the anti medical practices stuff you have been saying for the past year.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: You berate, insult and speak with thick condescension like all leftists.

I have been rather respectful considering the crazy comments and outright lies I've seen here by some.

Unlike yourself I don't call for war and claim those with different ideologies are an enemy. You seem to be the problem here.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Telekill said:

@LJS9502_basic: You berate, insult and speak with thick condescension like all leftists.

I have been rather respectful considering the crazy comments and outright lies I've seen here by some.

Unlike yourself I don't call for war and claim those with different ideologies are an enemy. You seem to be the problem here.

your right.

end of day i friend of mine died from covid. due to the way you think tele. thought wars are coming etc.

me,a friend,his son,his gf, his doctor told him to get the covid shot..

he never got it. died breaking peoples hearts to stroke his twisted ego.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Telekill

@firedrakes: I appreciate you proving my point... "twisted ego". Maybe your friend died because he lost any and all confidence in the system given their constant flip flopping, goal post moving and demeaning of those that didn't tow their line.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#27 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@Telekill said:

You've been respectful? You refer to people as murderers, get called out on it, then post the definition of a completely different word, and claim others are just arguing semantics. You're one of the most full of shit people on here, who have pushed some of the most outright lies.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

You've been respectful? You refer to people as murderers, get called out on it, then post the definition of a completely different word, and claim others are just arguing semantics. You're one of the most full of shit people on here, who have pushed some of the most outright lies.

Which user have I called a murderer? You're lying, again.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@Telekill said:

I thought you'd be happy @zaryia: The death of all that don't share your worldview is what you wanted wasn't it?

When facts don't fit your narrative, ignore them!

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@eoten said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

BWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Holy hell, this is some grade A comedic material. I'll have to add this to the ridiculous list of nonsense that you've generously provided over the last year. This is some serious troll farm resume' building stuff. Bravo.

Kadin_Kai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#31 Kadin_Kai
Member since 2015 • 2247 Posts

It really doesn’t surprise me. Aren’t those opposed to wearing a face mask and against being vaccinated largely supporters of the right-winged Republican Party?

Isn’t it true that many of their supporters rejected the fact that face masks reduce transmission and that the various vaccines are effective in preventing death?

Well by taking those approaches amid an airborne virus that is highly transmissible, then can anyone expect a different result? Was anyone really expecting the vaccinated to be worse off than the unvaccinated?

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Natural selection is a wonderful thing.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JimB
Member since 2002 • 3878 Posts

The republican states are where the Biden Administration is putting the illegal immigrants who are infected with God knows what.

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3878 Posts
@horgen said:
@Telekill said:

Did the idea ever occur to you that it might be due to your own actions?

Despite this being said several times here

You still post as if some here look at you as an enemy, while it never being said and denied over and over again.

The Department of Justice under the request of the White House has classified parents objecting to their children's education as domestic terrorist's. Under oath the Attorney General stated they were not tracking parents yet yesterday a whistle blower provided information the Justice Department is doing just that.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 LJS9502_basic

@JimB said:

The republican states are where the Biden Administration is putting the illegal immigrants who are infected with God knows what.

Wow. You are full on conspiracy now Jim. Come back to reality.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@JimB said:

The Department of Justice under the request of the White House has classified parents objecting to their children's education as domestic terrorist's. Under oath the Attorney General stated they were not tracking parents yet yesterday a whistle blower provided information the Justice Department is doing just that.

You mean the parents that are threatening school board members with violence? They should be monitored.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad

Oh no...

Republicans are now also disproportionally hesistant towards the Flu shot.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

So Joe Biden and the Democrats have roundly failed to convince a good portion of Republican voters to get vaccinated. Colour me gobsmacked.

Sure, maybe you're right... Maybe Trump could have done a better job convincing his own electorate to get jabbed if he were still president (or even had a Twitter presence), but he's not, so get over it. I don't believe drawing up these partisan distinctions is really helping at all at this stage.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 horgen  Moderator

@sancho_panzer: Not a failure of the Republican party?

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@horgen: Trust you to bring partisan politics into the equation again when I'm busily trying to mend fences. This is exactly the issue I'm talking about - a vocal minority, amplified by the media, obstructing across-the-aisle communication. I thought the Democrats in particular were all about opposing political division at this crucial moment.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 mattbbpl  Online
Member since 2006 • 23057 Posts

@sancho_panzer: Your first phrase was, "So Joe Biden and the Democrats have roundly failed," lol.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic

@sancho_panzer said:

@horgen: Trust you to bring partisan politics into the equation again when I'm busily trying to mend fences. This is exactly the issue I'm talking about - a vocal minority, amplified by the media, obstructing across-the-aisle communication. I thought the Democrats in particular were all about opposing political division at this crucial moment.

What's sad is you don't see the hypocrisy here.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@mattbbpl: Hehe, yeah. Which was obviously a neutralisation of the topic premise.

But I know you understood that straight away, and were just playing along for the benefit of the thickies. Luckily I don't think we have anyone on this board that silly - everyone has a pretty sprightly sense of humour here, but I appreciate it all the same, matt.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sancho_Panzer

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sancho_panzer said:

What's sad is you don't see the hypocrisy here.

1)I hope you're joking...

2)Why would you think I was a Democrat or a Republican?

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 horgen  Moderator

@sancho_panzer said:

Sarcasm and irony through text is hard to convey. Perhaps a moderation or two could serve as a learner?

Maybe you see what I am doing here...

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Sancho_Panzer

@horgen: Are you learning me?

My apologies. I thought you were playing along. I'll adjust my judgement and include an /s when I think there's a chance people won't get it.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

Please. If facts mattered to conservatives, they wouldn't be conservatives.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Zaryia
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:

I'm not reading this bullshit since it's all off-topic and doesn't refute Maraxod, but did you ever apologize about being completely and utterly wrong about the Covid-19 vaccine here? Like calling it a placebo, or saying 99% of peer reviewed studies were false.

I remember when I used to spout absurd fiction as reality, but I was 7. What's your excuse?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Zaryia
@Maroxad said:

Oh no...

Republicans are now also disproportionally hesistant towards the Flu shot.

Oof...........

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

Although i don't support mandatory vaccinations i do feel people should get it. It has more benefits then draw backs but this is what happens when people have a huge distrust for their government.