Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, what was your greatest moments?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Yes I'm talking that very first Pokemon Red/Blue [Yellow came late] that hit the market in the West. Pokemon Red/Blue became a hit game that I play hours upon hours into Red/Blue, it was my most played Gameboy games of all times. My greatest moments were facing the Elite 4, I wasn't sure to expect and I came in unprepared with my Pokemon but was able to beat them all 4. So many unique Pokemon types, Team Rocket was vicious as the game's villains, and capturing Mewtwo was no easy task. What did you like about Red/Blue or Yellow?

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

It's hard to think of just a few moments, because pokemon pretty much dominated mine (and everyone else's) life back in 1998-99. I guess I'll go with beating the elite four for the first time, and then printing out my pokemon master diploma with the game boy printer after I captured all 150 pokemon.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

Definitely elite 4 or catching Mewtwo(didn't use the master ball, used that on one of the three legendarys) .

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaVillain  Moderator

@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Definitely elite 4 or catching Mewtwo(didn't use the master ball, used that on one of the three legendarys) .

Now the funny part about the master ball was the fact that I used the infamous duplication cheat to get unlimited Master balls. [And Rare Candy]

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

I never used the master ball. My friends and I always used to look at thing with disgust. :P

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

@davillain- said:
@Eikichi-Onizuka said:

Now the funny part about the master ball was the fact that I used the infamous duplication cheat to get unlimited Master balls. [And Rare Candy]

I did that with rare candies later but used the master ball before I knew about that glitch.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

Getting shown that glitch to duplicate items in whatever slot it was in.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

getting mew through a glitch.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator

@Gamerno6666: Ah yes, Mew, I miss out getting him due to not understanding how to get him but I did made up for it on Gold/Silver with Serebii.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@davillain- said:

@Gamerno6666: Ah yes, Mew, I miss out getting him due to not understanding how to get him but I did made up for it on Gold/Silver with Serebii.

I tried so hard to get Cerebi through the glitch in crystal but it didn't work. :(

lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

Fighting Team Rocket in Sliph Co, fighting Gary on the S.S. Annie, discovering the HM surf in the Safari Zone, beating the Elite Four (and then Gary right after), training Magikarp into Gyarados, and watching my first Pokemon team get inducted into the Pokemon League hall of fame. These are just a few, but there are a ton more popping into my head right now, because I loved those games to death and have so many great memories of them.

fend_oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 fend_oblivion
Member since 2006 • 6760 Posts

I started the series at the age of 5 with Pokemon Red. As usual, my older twin brothers took playing the game in turns and quickly gave up because they couldn't exit the MC's house. So I take up the GBC, play and immediately exit. I was so excited I yelled in success and as expected, the twins returned and took the GBC from me :P

This is also the game that my sister played. She was the one who did all the leveling up when we got stuck in gym battles or the Elite Four.

We later bought Pokemon Yellow. Loved it because it was somewhat (loosely) based on the anime at the time and allowed us to get all 3 starters right from the get-go. Also, the sprites were far better than R/B. Beat Brock by power leveling Pikachu till it learned Slam (did it so that it would resemble the anime). Beat Lt. Surge using just Pikachu (just like the anime). Even managed to get all 150 Pokemon by trading. Pikachu was the first to reach level 100.

So many memories :)

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

A wild Snorlax blocks your path.

**** YOU SNORLAX

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

I've played through them so many times it's hard to say...

Surprised the original batteries in those carts have still have not died on me yet.

uriweru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 uriweru
Member since 2015 • 48 Posts

I played all three :)

Is anyone still playing them?