raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

That is the question, which one would you purchase ?

I´m seriously thinking about getting a SuperFamicon, with an adapter you can play "american" cartridges on it but I´m uncertain if the other way around is possible. A seller from Japan ( I´ve already purchased stuff from him ) offers me this beauty for $160 shipping included all the way from Japan.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21708 Posts

You can play super famicom games on the SNES by either getting an adapter, or by removing the plastic on the cartridge port. My brother did the latter to mine, and it works just fine.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

Get the famicon if it can play both. Those controllers are beautiful.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 raugutcon

@n64dd said:

The HOLY GRAIL:

Super Famicon to SNES adapter; and with my contact seller in Japan I can get some of those Japan only interesting games while I can get "american" SNES either locally or through e-bay.

Now that I come to think about it, gaming and purchasing gaming stuff has displaced bass fishing and purchasing bass fishing stuff as my main hobby, you guys should see may bass fishing stuff collection, it´s AWSOM !!!

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

@raugutcon said:
@n64dd said:

The HOLY GRAIL:

Super Famicon to SNES adapter; and with my contact seller in Japan I can get some of those Japan only interesting games while I can get "american" SNES either locally or through e-bay.

Now that I come to think about it, gaming and purchasing gaming stuff has displaced bass fishing and purchasing bass fishing stuff as my main hobby, you guys should see may bass fishing stuff collection, it´s AWSOM !!!

What is that adapter called, is it a 3rd party adapter?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raugutcon

@n64dd: I suppose it´s third party, I knew there were adapters, what I did was to use the search function in e-bay: Famicon to SNES cartridge adapter and that one appeared.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

US.

I might like the overall design of the Japanese one, but if one is going to be playing the US games the adapter will just become a chore down the line. It will look ugly and changing games won't be much fun. There's also the option to rgb mod the system and from my experience cutting plastic is always easier when it is flat.

I quite like the snes aesthetic as well. It looks like Megatron and the system is built like a tank. I might even prefer the more minute color choices on the US one. Then there's the games themselves. Got to go US for the inclusion of dust covers and the name of the game being on the spine.

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

snes.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

SNES with tab removal to play both SNES and Super Famicom games!!! Yep, you can play Super Famicom games on SNES without a converter once you remove the tabs, it's how I play my Super Famicom games on there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
deactivated-5f56fcab5da82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5f56fcab5da82
Member since 2019 • 118 Posts

I'm personally a fan of the sleeker design of the Super Famicom, and at the very least, the controllers for it look so much better.