Former Microsoft Senior PR Manager - Game Pass And Activision Are To Blame For Studio Closures

• 86 results
above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By above_average
Member since 2021 • 1583 Posts
@Pedro said:
@above_average said:

lol yet you're the guy who tried to argue with me that MS would put COD on Gamepass day n date exposing that fact that you have ZERO business sense and are a completely delusional fanboy of the highest level.

I told you MANY times Gamepass was the reason behind the incomplete, indie level "AAA" games MS been putting out the last few years and that MS was also LOSING money putting games on GP day and date.

Yet you were screaming MS was making money and actually thought MS would put COD on GP next. Like, do you even use your brian? LMFAO

Find the moment where I argue with you or anyone about COD on Gamepass.😂 I will wait.

Seems like your "brian" is short circuiting.🤭

Not going to bother going thru the multiple arguments you've had with me over Gamepass to try to find that one remark, but the fact that you act like you don't remember or hide behind me needing to "FIND" that statement you made lets everyone know you're full of hot air can't admit when you were 100% wrong on your stances.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers you claiming that GP was profitable, but that specific argument with me you also thought COD would be put on GP day 1 I knew you were crazy and I told you that would never happen.

You just don't have much foresight or business sense even though you always pretended you did.

This is reality...but keep pretending you never played the "GP is a success" cheerleader roll all before now

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 70037 Posts

@above_average said:

Not going to bother going thru the multiple arguments you've had with me over Gamepass to try to find that one remark, but the fact that you act like you don't remember or hide behind me needing to "FIND" that statement you made lets everyone know you're full of hot air can't admit when you were 100% wrong on your stances.

I know I'm not the only one who remembers you claiming that GP was profitable, but that specific argument with me you also thought COD would be put on GP day 1 I knew you were crazy and I told you that would never happen.

You just don't have much foresight or business sense even though you always pretended you did.

This is reality...but keep pretending you never played the "GP is a success" cheerleader roll all before now

I am enjoying the fact that you incorrectly believe I was arguing with you over COD on Gamepass.😂

As far as Gamepass being profitable, I leave that to people who own the service. If they say it is profitable, you nor I are in a position to say otherwise.

But, keep creating imaginary arguments with me. Probably your "brian" would connect the dots and you will figure who you had the argument with.🤭

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
Member since 2005 • 8274 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

gotcha.. so, "Xbox is doomed" and "PlayStation is doomed".. glad that's been established..

i guess there's nothing left to do now except enjoy video games..

PlayStation has a much easier pivot. Xbox would have to go back on everything they‘ve been pushing (and you’ve been gullibly buying into) for the past 7 years.

2 Sku solution = L

Game Pass = L

ABK Aquisition = L that’s tearing down the successful studios

Now we have day and date COD on Game Pass in question (🤭) and more games going to PlayStation to cover losses. And you’re STILL here defending all these decisions…

So now one is less doomed than the other.. 🙄. Dude, I think you are just all over the place at this point..

You seem to be fundamentally confused as to my position on Systems Wars topics.. Let me say again for the nth time that I don't care about the console war.. The console war is over.. I enjoyed for it generations.. But it's over and has been for years..

As such, I don't champion any particular plastic box.. I champion practices that benefit me, the consumer.. I personally would want all games available everywhere.. And initiatives like Xbox Play Anywhere, Game Pass, xcloud, and PlayStation PC are all pro-consumer solutions.. And I support them all..

So, for me, Playstation has the larger hill to climb in that regard.. I mean, at the worst case scenario for console warriors, Xbox would just go 3rd party.. But something like that won't affect me one bit..

And Playstation's worse case for console warriors is Sony going full Day One on PC in order to solve their own sustainability issues.. And again, that's a plus for me..

So maybe that's been the issue this entire time.. You seem to still think I'm playing console wars with you when I've stated repeatedly for years that I've moved past that..

I hope this information has finally sunk in for you.. And please adjust your fanboyism accordingly moving forward.. Or continue to be a clown.. Either is fine.. 🤡

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

Gamepass is really terrible. Incredible how Sony closed studios and fired developers because of it. Shocking!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39446 Posts

@kathaariancode said:

Gamepass is really terrible. Incredible how Sony closed studios and fired developers because of it. Shocking!

Gamepass is Aggressively Mediocre.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3463 Posts

@hardwenzen: Gamepass can't even roll.

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@tdkmillsy said:

Put COD on gamepass.

Increase cost of gamepass

Decrease COD revenue and its profit. Bravo! You just killed COD and Xbox

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 loudheadphones

I'm so glad Xbox is dead. Deservedly so. Xbots don't deserve anything

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 loudheadphones

@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

gotcha.. so, "Xbox is doomed" and "PlayStation is doomed".. glad that's been established..

i guess there's nothing left to do now except enjoy video games..

PlayStation has a much easier pivot. Xbox would have to go back on everything they‘ve been pushing (and you’ve been gullibly buying into) for the past 7 years.

2 Sku solution = L

Game Pass = L

ABK Aquisition = L that’s tearing down the successful studios

Now we have day and date COD on Game Pass in question (🤭) and more games going to PlayStation to cover losses. And you’re STILL here defending all these decisions…

So now one is less doomed than the other.. 🙄. Dude, I think you are just all over the place at this point..

You seem to be fundamentally confused as to my position on Systems Wars topics.. Let me say again for the nth time that I don't care about the console war.. The console war is over.. I enjoyed for it generations.. But it's over and has been for years..

As such, I don't champion any particular plastic box.. I champion practices that benefit me, the consumer.. I personally would want all games available everywhere.. And initiatives like Xbox Play Anywhere, Game Pass, xcloud, and PlayStation PC are all pro-consumer solutions.. And I support them all..

So, for me, Playstation has the larger hill to climb in that regard.. I mean, at the worst case scenario for console warriors, Xbox would just go 3rd party.. But something like that won't affect me one bit..

And Playstation's worse case for console warriors is Sony going full Day One on PC in order to solve their own sustainability issues.. And again, that's a plus for me..

So maybe that's been the issue this entire time.. You seem to still think I'm playing console wars with you when I've stated repeatedly for years that I've moved past that..

I hope this information has finally sunk in for you.. And please adjust your fanboyism accordingly moving forward.. Or continue to be a clown.. Either is fine.. 🤡

With GAAS games, yes. As it said. No need to spin otherwise

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8501 Posts

Lems and Cows:

Meanwhile PCMR:

Loading Video...

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 loudheadphones

@pc_rocks said:

Lems and Cows:

Meanwhile PCMR:

Loading Video...

What PS fans has to do with Xbox **** ups??

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

The bovine brigade just can't stand lems and herms getting so much bang for the buck with GamePass while they're still forking over 70 bucks a pop for crap....

Poo cows are having a conniption over GP. lolol :P

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6055 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Put COD on gamepass.

Increase cost of gamepass

Decrease COD revenue and its profit. Bravo! You just killed COD and Xbox

Drama queen

They in between a rock and hard place and to me thats the best of the 2 directions.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2589 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

You've made it clear that all you care about is "pro consumer" (or what Xbox has told you is "pro consumer") practices. And I've been telling you that pro consumer stuff is PR nonsense. It's Xbox posturing to be the "good guy" but on paper it doesn't work. The math doesn't add up. All of these Xbox initiatives have either had little to no impact, (Xcloud, Series S) or they have been downright destructive to the industry (Game Pass and ABK acquisition) Lets look at the ABK deal for example. I was for the deal in principal because I believed Xbox had the intention and motivation to grow and improve the studios involved. We now know that's not the case. Xbox is literally doing what the FTC warned against. (and Xbox promised they wouldn't do) Xbox bought up a publisher that made multi-platform games for everybody just because they wanted the revenue since all of their software has flopped and they can't seem to gain marketshare. Now Xbox is shutting down successful studios because they, "don't have the resources" to handle all the studios they purchased. How the hell is that "pro consumer"? Consumers will now have FEWER games because of this deal... Folks are out of jobs because of this deal... And why doesn't $3 Trillion company have the resources? Game Pass... Profitable and sustainable LMAO! Why would COD skipping Day and date even be on the table if Game Pass as a model were profitable and sustainable? There are too many examples to count detailing why Xbox is bad, but you're caught up on 1 Phil Spencer quote from years ago and hiding under it like its some warm blanket.

You are cheerleading the destruction of the industry so you can save a few bucks. I can't get on board with that

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 above_average

Due to DaVillain closing down my thread asking me to post in other irrelevant topics that aren't related I'm dropping this here:

PRESIDENT of XBOX Finally Talks about Studios CLOSING and it's AWFUL!

If you had any lingering thoughts that MS any idea what they were doing in gaming, this should fix that mental lapse for you..

Loading Video...

Funny how NOW that the shit hits the fan, they let the new black girl have to answer for and take the heat for everything that's happened, when Phil Spencer was the one who created and solely landed xbox in the situation it's in right now.

Gamepass, Day n Date PC releases, play anywhere, 80 billion dollar acquisitions without means to maintain the studios...yep that's Sarah Bond's doing?

Where TF is Phill now? In Japan somewhere getting his anime protag harem on while the xbox brand burns

Scummy company all the way around.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Pedro  Online

After that thread lock the crusading is in full force 😂

above_average

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 above_average

@Pedro said:

After that thread lock the crusading is in full force 😂

Um...this is literally what he told me to do.

You Xbox apologists want to silence the flood of bad news at costs. You guys might as well just shut system wars down all together and be done with it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Pedro  Online

@above_average: Folks like you make a big deal about everything Xbox. Seems like you forgot the embarrassing Xbox is doom shit show earlier this year. 😂 I wasn't expecting a repeat so soon but here we are again.🙃

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#69 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

Good thing I bought TWO Game Pass games when I got my Series X then! Both Star Wars (Jedi - Survivor, LEGO Skywalker Saga).

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#70 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts

The merger was an investment made by Microsoft as a whole, and since they spent nearly over $100 Billion in acquiring game publishers and studios, Satya Nadella wants results. Letting go of Tango and Arkane isn’t an Xbox decision, it’s an entire corporate decision meaning that the executives of Microsoft is taking control now to ensure they get that money back. IMO, Satya has got to go as the companies business model, Windows as a Service, does not work for gaming. Also, Sarah Bond looks unqualified to handle hard questions

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

You've made it clear that all you care about is "pro consumer" (or what Xbox has told you is "pro consumer") practices. And I've been telling you that pro consumer stuff is PR nonsense. It's Xbox posturing to be the "good guy" but on paper it doesn't work.

[..a bunch of fanboy nonsense i didn't read..]

please take the fanboy goggles off..

"pro consumer" isn't an Xbox thing.. PlayStation has done pro-consumer things (ie PlayStation PC) and i applaud them for it.. Nintendo championing the hybrid/handheld market is pro-consumer and i applaud that..

if these things don't work out, oh well.. market demands change and consumer habits change.. I'm simply going to applaud and enjoy pro-consumer practices while they last.. period..

again, please take step back from your fanboy obession over Xbox to understand this simple logic..

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

"pro consumer" isn't an Xbox thing.. PlayStation has done pro-consumer things (ie PlayStation PC) and i applaud them for it.. Nintendo championing the hybrid/handheld market is pro-consumer and i applaud that..

if these things don't work out, oh well.. market demands change and consumer habits change.. I'm simply going to applaud and enjoy pro-consumer practices while they last.. period..

again, please take step back from your fanboy obession over Xbox to understand this simple logic..

Oh please. You run interference for Xbox in EVERY thread. And of course pro consumer isn’t exclusive to one brand. But there’s actual pro consumer practices and then there’s Xbox’s brand of pro consumer. Theirs is the kind where they water down the experience and mess up the economics of the industry for everybody else.

Every one of my criticisms and predictions of the Xbox strategy is/has come true. The predicted timeframes were off (thanks COVID) but I have like a .933 batting average at this point.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Pedro  Online
When I see someone claiming 93% accuracy

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

Oh please. You run interference for Xbox in EVERY thread. And of course pro consumer isn’t exclusive to one brand. But there’s actual pro consumer practices and then there’s Xbox’s brand of pro consumer. Theirs is the kind where they water down the experience and mess up the economics of the industry for everybody else.

Every one of my criticisms and predictions of the Xbox strategy is/has come true. The predicted timeframes were off (thanks COVID) but I have like a .933 batting average at this point.

i mainly come to System Wars to call out fanboys because, post console war, it's one of the more entertaining things to do on this forum.. so yeah, when you come on here with your bi-weekly anti-Game Pass thread created in bad faith, i call you out.. it's not more complicated than that..

and lol, dude you are on your 3rd account due to your "predictions" and weren't even a man of your word enough to stay gone.. simply pathetic.. you are just a cow in clown's clothing with this new account.. so feel free to keep embarrassing yourself and entertaining me.. (see my statement above) 🤡

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Antwan3K  Online

@Pedro said:

i definitely missed the opportunity to bet him his account on whether or not Call of Duty was coming to Game Pass on Day One..

could have been the start of his 4th..

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#76 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39446 Posts

Sarah Bond reminds me so much of Bonnie Ross. I have no idea wtf these two were/are doing in such high positions.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#77 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

Game Pass is reminding me of how John Oliver describes food delivery services (DoorDash, UberEats). Basically, customers win, but at what cost?

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:

and lol, dude you are on your 3rd account due to your "predictions"

more lies. But hey, it’s on brand 🤣😂🤡

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 GhostOfGolden

@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

i definitely missed the opportunity to bet him his account on whether or not Call of Duty was coming to Game Pass on Day One..

Lems from the Scorpio era ended up with a .39% accuracy rating. 😂🤣😂🤣

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:
@Pedro said:

Lems from the Scorpio era ended up with a .39% accuracy rating. 😂🤣😂🤣

Worst, it Xbox One X/Scorpio proves just because you have the most powerful console doesn't mean you have the games to back it up and while PS4/Pro didn't come close to it, PS4 had the exclusives that are worth playing regardless of power. Same with Nintendo's Switch. You either have the games to back up the console or it's a failure.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@davillain said:
[...]

Worst, it Xbox One X/Scorpio proves just because you have the most powerful console doesn't mean you have the games to back it up and while PS4/Pro didn't come close to it, PS4 had the exclusives that are worth playing regardless of power. Same with Nintendo's Switch. You either have the games to back up the console or it's a failure.

definitely not a new concept but true.. was most evident in the PS2 days when it was up against the more powerful OG Xbox..

and, to be clear, neither the PS4 Pro or the One X seemed to sell particularly well.. the base models were still the main sellers.. and that said, the PS4 was more powerful than the Xbox One so i don't think your original point really applies there..

in the case of the Wii and the Switch, i'd argue that "going their own path" with novelty and then mobility is where they found the most success.. the GameCube and Wii U had great Nintendo 1st party titles but didn't find success on that software alone..

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Pedro  Online

@nintendoboy16 said:

Game Pass is reminding me of how John Oliver describes food delivery services (DoorDash, UberEats). Basically, customers win, but at what cost?

At the corporations' cost until they switch gears. In the meantime, I feast.😈

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6989 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

You stated I am denial about something, so please point or quote where I am denying the "something"?🤭

So you acknowledge GP is bad for developers and is a major factor in why these studios closed?

Please point the something that I was denying.🤭

Answer the question. If you don't agree with what I just said you are denying reality.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6989 Posts
@hardwenzen said:
@Star67 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@Antwan3K said:
@ghostofgolden said:

[...]

But Phil said Game Pass increased game sales 🤔🤔🤔

please provide a link where Phil Spencer said Game Pass increases the sales for all games.. i must have missed that one..

on topic, that Linkedin post (lol) does pose an interesting question: Will Call of Duty launch Day One in Game Pass?..

i guess we'll likely find out during the June showcase next month..

Right here...

oh snap!!!!!

I have never seen him being rolled harder. HOLY SHIT!

Lol, ouch!:🤣🤣

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Antwan3K  Online
@ghostofgolden said:
@Antwan3K said:

and lol, dude you are on your 3rd account due to your "predictions"

more lies. But hey, it’s on brand 🤣😂🤡

so you didn't bet (and lose) you second account based upon your Game Pass predictions?.. a bet where you were suppose to "leave System Wars forever"?..

yet here you are, still mooing everyday about Game Pass.. a cow who's word is worthless.. 🐄🤡

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Pedro  Online
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:
@silentchief said:
@Pedro said:

You stated I am denial about something, so please point or quote where I am denying the "something"?🤭

So you acknowledge GP is bad for developers and is a major factor in why these studios closed?

Please point the something that I was denying.🤭

Answer the question. If you don't agree with what I just said you are denying reality.

Back your claim. Please point to the something that I was denying.😂