Helldivers 2 Steam players will have to link to PSN account.

• 197 results
Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

Helldivers II is getting dragged through the mud over on Reddit lmao. 84,000 negative reviews in the past day wow lol

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts
@Antwan3K said:

not a big deal, many (if not all) Xbox titles on Steam have to be linked to an Xbox account in order to do multiplayer..

it'll definitely make cross-play a lot easier..

after having time to think on it, i'd like to adjust my initial reaction..

because even though it's not a big deal to have to use another account on Steam (ie PSN), it is a big deal if they are going to break the game after you already bought it..

i know MAU is a very important metric moving forward but Sony should have made PSN a requirement at the launch of the game.. trying to shoehorn it in later as a mandatory requirement is definitely deserving of the backlash..

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1285 Posts

@Antwan3K: sounds like that was the plan?

this linking requirement was only made optional on launch due to technical issues

The issue here would be not breaking the game after launch, but launching broken. Instead of launching unfinished they could have been delaying the game, but maybe that would have p***ed people off anyway.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@boiled-hotdug said:

Helldivers II is getting dragged through the mud over on Reddit lmao. 84,000 negative reviews in the past day wow lol

Not only that:

Sony will need to fix this situation for existing customers ASAP!

• April 2011: Hackers Access Personal Data of 77 Million Sony PlayStation Network Users
  • May 2011: Personal Details on 25 Million Sony Online Entertainment Customers Stolen
  • June 2011: Sony Pictures Website Hacked, Exposing One Million Accounts
  • November 2014: Hackers Steal 100 Terabytes of Data from Sony Pictures
  • August 2017: Hacker Group Accesses Sony Social Media Accounts
  • September 2023: Sony Investigates Alleged Hack
  • October 2023: Sony Notifies Employees of Data Breach

So Sony claiming a PSN account is needed for extra security is a massive red flag!

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

Don’t PC gamers have a million launchers and accounts anyway?

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 6205 Posts

I didn't think it would blow up that bad.

Sony really shooting themselves in the foot time and time again.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tdkmillsy

Mixed steam reviews now

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: That's not what this is about.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8410 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:

@Antwan3K: sounds like that was the plan?

this linking requirement was only made optional on launch due to technical issues

The issue here would be not breaking the game after launch, but launching broken. Instead of launching unfinished they could have been delaying the game, but maybe that would have p***ed people off anyway.

they should have delayed the game.. either that or just kept the requirement optional..

Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1130 Posts

@silentchief said:

I think they are testing the waters for a Playstation storefront on PC.

You hear endless waves of people on PC bitching about this saying they will un install. If Sony should learn anything from this they should learn PC gamers give two shits about the Playstation brand and devaluing your console to chase a platform you will have little success on is a dumb move.

Yeah this is it. PC gamers tend to be petty and swear fealty to Valve. I find that strange since the point of PC is it's not locked to one corporation; if you want to swear fealty to a corporation why not be a console gamer where every game gets a cut given to your favourite corporation of choice. PC should be agnostic but it's got a lot of Valve fanboys.

For the economics of Sony being platform agnostic and having all games day and date on PC, they really can't be giving 30% to Valve and beyond that they probably need to make that platform start getting 30% of other games sales. It won't work though obviously but they'll have to try.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@boiled-hotdug said:

I quit the Helldivers reddit about one week after it launched, that place was a cesspool of negativity.

I like a subreddit when it's a nice and cozy niche.

But when something gets popular? Holy hell it really starts attracting the low live pathetic waste of a human being trailer park trash it's unheard of.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

lmao, apparently Ukraine players can only make a PSN account directly through a PS4/5, and you're screwed if you don't have one. Not sure if 100% true, but a clusterfuck if it is.

Also, plenty of countries just straight up not being able to make a PSN account and losing access to their game is insane.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 309 Posts

@davillain: Ahhh good ole Sony…not surprised and some hardcore moo moos here will stand by them to the very end lol

@R4gn4r0k: Oh bro I feel you and I haven’t even been on the Helldivers subreddit; I’ve only seen it pop up on my feed via pcgaming, ps5, gaming, and even on the piracy subreddit…lmao. Just today, when I was flying I had some downtime and just started unfollowing certain subreddits cause I couldn’t take the stupidity and dumb shit I would read on here…and it wasn’t even gaming related. It’s funny though, the majority of the people on the ps5 subreddit are calling everyone else whiners and PC elitists crying because they have to make another account; yet everywhere else are complaining at the issue at hand and blaming Sony for it. Goes to show how loyal that Sony fan base is, no matter what 😂

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

Do y'all not bother reading? Countries that don't offer PSN will NOT be effected. Kazakhstan will still be able to play. Very nice!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By tdkmillsy

@uitravioience: don't matter damage has been done

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#66 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44546 Posts

Wowzers! People are not pleased with this.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By lundy86_4  Online
@Archangel3371 said:

Wowzers! People are not pleased with this.

Messaging has also been an absolute mess.

1. There was some kind of community manager saying it was to make it easier for them to ban people through Sony's framework. Account is now deactivated/protected due to the statements.
  2. It came out after the fact that Arrowhead/Sony would allow countries not able to acquire a PSN account (seemingly as a backpedal to criticism), would be allowed to play without an account. Meaning the entire implementation is seemingly optional and not a necessity. Plus the fact that the game has been entirely playable until this point.
  3. Sony changed the wording on one of their pages from saying that linking a PS account on PC releases would be optional, to saying that it would be mandatory.

There's other things that I don't recall, but overall it's an absolute PR nightmare.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Archangel3371

@lundy86_4: Oh boy, that is a mess. They’d be best just to not implement it at all for this game and just be much more straightforward about things next time. Should probably just cut their loses with this one.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By lundy86_4  Online

@Archangel3371: It was stated on the Steam page originally, but I didn't see it myself. It's in the sidebar. Still, shit seemed to snowball really quick, and they just messed up any response.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Archangel3371

@lundy86_4: Ah, ok. Well they’ve certainly managed to get themselves into a mess with this one that’s for sure.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lundy86_4  Online

@Archangel3371: 100%.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@tdkmillsy: I can see that about your comment Sony should of done that from the start. But it does suck for Sony players that has to pay to play it. They see it if they are getting money from ps players why not pc. But that does suck they didn't do it from the start.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14011 Posts

Sony is Asshoe

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#74 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12381 Posts

The only actual issue I see is that they were selling this game in countries that don't have PSN. It's clear the initial goal was to have everyone link an account but, clearly that was never going to work. That's big and, dumb oversight. Those folks should get refunded, period.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6718 Posts

@uitravioience said:

Do y'all not bother reading? Countries that don't offer PSN will NOT be effected. Kazakhstan will still be able to play. Very nice!

So, if it's not needed to have a PSN account then why are Sony forcing those countries where PSN accounts work to require one then?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 UItravioIence

@last_lap: I don't know man. Ask Sony 🤷

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#77 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

With this much drama, you know people care about the game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Last_Lap

@uitravioience: Well you're the one claiming to do all the reading. If the game is released on Steam why would one need a Sony account to play it?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: I think you need to re-read it. The people who you claim to care are review bombing it. All because Sony wants them to create a PSN account to play the gane they already purchased on Steam.

Gonna be fun when Sony starts blocking access to the game for people who have already purchased it, Sony's only gonna lose a lot of sales because people will demand a refund lol.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: I think you need to re-read it. The people who you claim to care are review bombing it. All because Sony wants them to create a PSN account to play the gane they already purchased on Steam.

Gonna be fun when Sony starts blocking access to the game for people who have already purchased it, Sony's only gonna lose a lot of sales because people will demand a refund lol.

Its called sending Sony a message to keep their shitty psn sign in on the console.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 R4gn4r0k

Every sony fan in this thread

"bu bu bu why PC gamers are crying"

Meanwhile in the real world:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/helldivers-2-delisted-for-over-100-countries-on-steam

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14011 Posts

It's almost impressive how shitty Sony has been since Headquartering in Commiefornia. What are they even doing?

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 UItravioIence

@last_lap: idk man. I didn't make the game

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Last_Lap

@uitravioience said:

@last_lap: idk man. I didn't make the game

Neither did Sony, and yet Sony is forcing people who aren't playing on the PS to create a PSN account.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 tdkmillsy

@hardwenzen: pitty sony don't seem to care about its gamers so much

Ospi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Ospi  Online
Member since 2006 • 569 Posts

Didn't realise just how many countries are locked out of the purchase now. In retrospect the pro's probably won't outweigh the cons for Sony and the devs will be understandably upset.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

PC gamers routinely install launchers and make accounts all the time. This shouldn’t be a big deal for them. But for the people who can’t sign up for PSN, that does suck. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tdkmillsy

https://www.gamingbible.com/news/platform/steam/steam-major-2024-game-unplayable-refunds-397938-20240505

Arrowhead distancing themselves from it claiming gamers should speak to Sony.

Surley if it was for the game they would be on board.

Shocking behaviour by Sony

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/helldivers-2-delisted-for-over-100-countries-on-steam

I'm guilty of the same thing as Sony execs :S. I forgot that PSN is not in all countries Steam is in. In my defence: I'm not a Sony exec :P.

Man what an absolute clusterbeep. Talk about shooting the goose that lays the golden eggs. I suppose we will see what happens tomorrow to those who can't make PSN accounts. Hopefully it's all just a non issue and that the delisted countries get access to it again soon.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@hardwenzen: “ With this much drama, you know people care about the game.”

Obviously Sony don’t care about their customers. Game is now shut down in countries where people have paid for it, and the devs are raging. 7 years hard work destroyed by Sony.

No idea why people continue to support Sony.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 R4gn4r0k

@osan0 said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

I'm guilty of the same thing as Sony execs :S. I forgot that PSN is not in all countries Steam is in. In my defence: I'm not a Sony exec :P.

Man what an absolute clusterbeep. Talk about shooting the goose that lays the golden eggs. I suppose we will see what happens tomorrow to those who can't make PSN accounts. Hopefully it's all just a non issue and that the delisted countries get access to it again soon.

Yeah all of this is so easily fixed. honesly I forgot this game even had a period where PSN wasn't a requirement.

I got the game in launch week, fired it up, it knew my link between Steam and PSN from previous Sony games I played, and well 60 hours later and I never had a single worry.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the negative reviews stem from people in countries with no PSN access. This game was a global success after all.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52452 Posts

What a shitshow. Gosh darn, Sony. I bet every PS game is gonna get bombed now. Up next, Ghost of Kojima.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

If Sony didn't implement this from the jump then they should just drop it. This is some next level self-sabotage. It should be more important that more people should have access to the game unfettered than Sony trying to boost their MAUs and micromagning the game.

Sony should have been coming up with a proper front end for PSN on PC a while ago if they were going to do ports and bring their GaaS games day one to PC.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

@hardwenzen: pitty sony don't seem to care about its gamers so much

Wrong. They don't care about hermits, and they're punishing them as you can see.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 hardwenzen
@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: “ With this much drama, you know people care about the game.”

Obviously Sony don’t care about their customers. Game is now shut down in countries where people have paid for it, and the devs are raging. 7 years hard work destroyed by Sony.

No idea why people continue to support Sony.

Get it right, sealionact. Sony doesn't care about hermits. They care very much about us, master race cows.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#96 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

Sony dropped the ball with its 2nd party game and it is made worse with the fact that the only game from them this year is MLB The Show. 🤭

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

@hardwenzen: You’re a hermit. You bought HD2 on PC and use your ps5 about as much as a Nun uses a condom.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 hardwenzen

@sealionact said:

@hardwenzen: You’re a hermit. You bought HD2 on PC and use your ps5 about as much as a Nun uses a condom.

First, i bought it on pc because i wanted to increase the visible numbers of players on steam through steam charts. Secondly, never compare me to a sexless Nun.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#99 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70402 Posts

@sealionact said:

You’re a hermit. You bought HD2 on PC and use your ps5 about as much as a Nun uses a condom.

😂

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Archangel3371

@sealionact: Perfect. 🤣🤣🤣