Will we see MS first party games on PS5/Switch 2, Day 1?

• 69 results
Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Will we see MS first party games on PS5/Switch 2, Day 1? (35 votes)

Yes, will definitely happen. 37%
Nah. 63%

I can see this happening.. MS has said recently that they are going “where the gamers are”.. The PS5 and the Switch 2 will be the popular consoles for the foreseeable future. I think from MS’s perspective, it’s a win-win situation. If you want Xbox, get an Xbox. If you want GamePass, get Xbox or PC. And if you still want to play their games? Play it anywhere you want. So what do you think, SW? Will we see the likes of Forza, Gears, Halo on these systems, Day 1?

• 
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#51 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56282 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Oh snap!

Oh snappity snap snap! DEBUNKED!

Just further clarification. Jez Corden was just giving his opinion that MS 1st-party games will come to PS5...which was his opinion along and people ran with it as an inside source facts which came from Discord and that's what kicked this whole thing off in the first place.

Until we hear from MS, everything is just fluff, fluff.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22837 Posts

Power to the gamers! I hope so!

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#53 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9583 Posts

I mean.. in what context? Yes, a few for certain. Others.. well, they will either take a while or never show up on rival consoles.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45328 Posts
Loading Video...

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10633 Posts

@kvallyx said:

Probably not. I don’t think they want to follow Sony down that road.

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13049 Posts

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

What joke did we miss?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SolidGame_basic

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 ermacness

@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

What joke did we miss?

You’ll see an Xbox 1st party games on the ps5 before you’ll see a ps5 1st party game on the Xbox, and the pc isn’t an Xbox.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8273 Posts

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

What joke did we miss?

You’ll see an Xbox 1st party games on the ps5 before you’ll see a ps5 1st party game on the Xbox, and the pc isn’t an Xbox.

fyi, there are already Xbox 1st party games on PlayStation and there are already PlayStation 1st party games on Xbox..

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 KvallyX

@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

What joke did we miss?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By ermacness

@Antwan3K said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:
@ermacness said:
@kvallyx said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Good one!

What joke did we miss?

fyi, there are already Xbox 1st party games on PlayStation and there are already PlayStation 1st party games on Xbox..

What 1st party Sony games are on the Xbox?

I‘m curious.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@Pedro: It might be inevitable but it doesn’t make sense for them to do that right now. If I were to guess, I’d say it’d be based on PS6 sales numbers.

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12577 Posts

@last_lap: how much of MS revenue is software and how much is hardware? Yes they have tablets and a console and maybe a few other things but that wasn’t the point. Their bread and butter is software. Sonys has always been somewhat quality hardware. Nintendo has always been a dedicated console. I’m not saying you’re wrong about Sony games coming to PC day 1, I just don’t see it happening right now. If it means increased funding, or just sustainable funding for big games, then I’m all for it. I’m still a console gamer first over PC(barely game at all anymore tbh).

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@joshrmeyer said:

@last_lap: how much of MS revenue is software and how much is hardware? Yes they have tablets and a console and maybe a few other things but that wasn’t the point. Their bread and butter is software. Sonys has always been somewhat quality hardware. Nintendo has always been a dedicated console. I’m not saying you’re wrong about Sony games coming to PC day 1, I just don’t see it happening right now. If it means increased funding, or just sustainable funding for big games, then I’m all for it. I’m still a console gamer first over PC(barely game at all anymore tbh).

It's been known for a long time that console makers don't make money on console sales they do with software sales, Sony is no different. Possibly the only one who makes money on its console sales is Nintendo with its cheap hardware that they sell at a premium price.

Sony's games costing $300 million to make is heavily eating into its profit margins, its why Sony has said its putting more money into live service games then they are SP games, cows just aren't buying their games. The PS4 sold 120 million units and the attach rate for Sony's games were around 10% with the odd game in Spiderman getting around 20% attach rate.

Sony will go day 1 on PC in the future, but first Sony needs to address its lack of actual games because nothing has been announced for a long time meaning no first party until next year if they're lucky. So yes, Sony won't go day 1 in the next year or two but that's because they have no games for release in that time.

Oh, and MS are a trillion-dollar company, so they really don't need to put their games on other consoles, it's just that the management at Xbox is as incompetent as i've ever seen, Spencer is terrible at his job and should just quit.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 KvallyX

@last_lap said:
@joshrmeyer said:

It's been known for a long time that console makers don't make money on console sales they do with software sales, Sony is no different. Possibly the only one who makes money on its console sales is Nintendo with its cheap hardware that they sell at a premium price.

Sony's games costing $300 million to make is heavily eating into its profit margins, its why Sony has said its putting more money into live service games then they are SP games, cows just aren't buying their games. The PS4 sold 120 million units and the attach rate for Sony's games were around 10% with the odd game in Spiderman getting around 20% attach rate.

Sony will go day 1 on PC in the future, but first Sony needs to address its lack of actual games because nothing has been announced for a long time meaning no first party until next year if they're lucky. So yes, Sony won't go day 1 in the next year or two but that's because they have no games for release in that time.

Oh, and MS are a trillion-dollar company, so they really don't need to put their games on other consoles, it's just that the management at Xbox is as incompetent as i've ever seen, Spencer is terrible at his job and should just quit.

Spencer is awesome

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Last_Lap

@kvallyx: I think your English is a bit off, but don't worry I know you meant in awful and I agree.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidGame_basic

@last_lap said:

@kvallyx: I think your English is a bit off, but don't worry I know you meant in awful and I agree.

you two aren't supposed to be arguing, you're part of the same camp (Team Xbox)

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: I call the way I see it, you call it the way Sony sees it.

You live in the land of "free speech" learn how to use it not regurgitate it 🤣

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 KvallyX

@SolidGame_basic said:
@last_lap said:

you two aren't supposed to be arguing, you're part of the same camp (Team Xbox)

I am a proud cow. Lems have no say in my life.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#71  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4580 Posts

Live service games yes. Not all games though.