Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#251 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10507 Posts

@mazuiface said:

Remember last year when Phillip W. Spencer said Redfall would be their most supported game?

it would be interesting to hear exactly what happened behind the scenes with redfall, arkane austin, zenimax and ms.

i wasn't super keen on prey, but arkane lyon are one of my favourite devs, and i'd take an attempt at the kind of game aa were going for with prey over far cry 37 or similar any day of the week. but you could just see with redfall that it was a game that didn't have a clue what it wanted to be, that arkane were completely out of their comfort zone, and it was 100% not a game aimed at their fanbase.

i tried it, it was absolutely atrocious. must've been incredibly embarrassing for anyone involved.

i'm certain i read a quote from phil post launch saying he was unhappy with himself about it, and ms would be revisiting arkane austin's development and delivery process, so it's no surprise it's not been supported. there was no hope of rescue for redfall

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#252 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39445 Posts

This is what i was telling dabear for so long. He needs to wake up.

Avatar image for deactivated-664b983590f56
deactivated-664b983590f56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#253 deactivated-664b983590f56
Member since 2024 • 25 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Spend bilions to buy studios. Fire everyone. Close company.

Haha.

Karma.....

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#254 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6458 Posts

@nintendoboy16: That Ybarra guy is a fucking idiot, he knows what Phil is going through, gimme a break. I don't think I've read anything so dumb in all my life.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#255 Last_Lap

So a few months ago Phil heads to Japan to sure up games for Xbox and closes his Japanese studio months later, and some of you people think he's fit to run Xbox. I wouldn't let him run a chook raffle.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#256 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45331 Posts

@last_lap said:

So a few months ago Phil heads to Japan to sure up games for Xbox and closes his Japanese studio months later, and some of you people think he's fit to run Xbox. I wouldn't let him run a chook raffle.

I think it’s time you finally join Twitter and DM him.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#257  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

Wouldn't surprise me if the first tweet IP leaves to Phil starts with c*nt. He hates him this much.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#258  Edited By Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: Why would I join Twitter? It's worse than this place and owned by a moron.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#259 hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@SolidGame_basic: Why would I join Twitter? It's worse than this place and owned by a moron.

Elon is not a moron. Its a powerful human with billions of dollars. One of the best of his kind. He also plays and adores Elden Ring.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#260 Last_Lap

@hardwenzen: His car sales are tanking, Twitter is a bigger cesspool now then before he bought it. His 'indestructable' trucks have ALL been recalled over a faulty accelerator pedal.

The fact he plays ER is just icing on the moron cake known as Elon Musk, I'm not surprised you like him.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#261  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

@last_lap said:

@hardwenzen: His car sales are tanking, Twitter is a bigger cesspool now then before he bought it. His 'indestructable' trucks have ALL been recalled over a faulty accelerator pedal.

The fact he plays ER is just icing on the moron cake known as Elon Musk, I'm not surprised you like him.

He is my idol.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#262 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41564 Posts

In somewhat pettier news, to quote Nelson Muntz "Ha! Ha!"

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#263 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70035 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Like I have said, gamers are silly.😂

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#264 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#265 SolidGame_basic
Loading Video...

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#266  Edited By Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

“Xbox is dead!” Give me all your clicks! 😂

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#267 Pedro

@Archangel3371 said:

For the second time this year.😂

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#268 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Archangel3371 said:

For the second time this year.😂

They haven't pulled out...

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#269  Edited By mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1613 Posts
@Macutchi said:
@mazuiface said:

Remember last year when Phillip W. Spencer said Redfall would be their most supported game?

it would be interesting to hear exactly what happened behind the scenes with redfall, arkane austin, zenimax and ms.

i wasn't super keen on prey, but arkane lyon are one of my favourite devs, and i'd take an attempt at the kind of game aa were going for with prey over far cry 37 or similar any day of the week. but you could just see with redfall that it was a game that didn't have a clue what it wanted to be, that arkane were completely out of their comfort zone, and it was 100% not a game aimed at their fanbase.

i tried it, it was absolutely atrocious. must've been incredibly embarrassing for anyone involved.

i'm certain i read a quote from phil post launch saying he was unhappy with himself about it, and ms would be revisiting arkane austin's development and delivery process, so it's no surprise it's not been supported. there was no hope of rescue for redfall

The saddest part about Arkane Austin closing is that Redfall isn't even the game they wanted to make. Prey (which was not the name they wanted for the game) was more solid and a better reflection of their talent. It just feels like they weren't given a chance. I can understand the financial argument for it, but the execs like Spencer and Bond should be quiet with all of the PR nonsense assertions that they will give these studios creative freedom.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#270 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:
Loading Video...

When you use this spit bubble moon boot as a source..

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#271 DaVillain
Member since 2014 • 56290 Posts

Overall, I think 8BE bring up good valid points here and while I'm not the biggest fan of Hi-Fi Rush despite the game is fun, it did win several awards (including the game awards) and closing Tango has got to be the biggest mistake I ever seen coming from MS. Buying Bethesda and Activision really cost MS tons of money and its hard investing it back is why there's so many layoffs. Sony as well but MS has the most layoffs:

Loading Video...

Again, this is why I prefer buying my games over using Game Pass.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#272 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44365 Posts

@Pedro: Judgment day 2.0

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#273 SolidGame_basic

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#274 SolidGame_basic

this whole thing has made me continue my playthrough of Hi-Fi Rush I started last year lol. Think I only have a few chapters left.

ChrisChronos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#275 ChrisChronos
Member since 2017 • 184 Posts

I wouldn't want to be a cow or a lem at this point.. it just seems like MS and Sony are trying to out clown eachother.

Crpgarsa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#276 Crpgarsa
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

Wow a shame poor management of talented studio

st_monica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#277 st_monica
Member since 2020 • 1470 Posts

The string of unfortunate layoffs/studio closures at MS reminds me of the scene where Cell, once attaining its perfect form by absorbing other Andorids, is cornered and spits out Android 17. Wonder how long it takes it to eventually self-destruct, haha.

All joking aside, as someone who really enjoyed Evil Within and Ghostwire Tokyo (I missed Hi-Fi Rush at launch, but will be playing it on PS5), I sincerely hope these talented creators find new jobs as soon as possible.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#279 Pedro

@loudheadphones: Every time you post you embarrass yourself 😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#280 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22850 Posts

@loudheadphones: Cmon man... You can't be posting filth talk on the forum.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#281  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts

I mean, this is what we deserve. I know this is System Wars and the last thing I want is to make this political or a social/cultural thing, but we vote politicians in that favor corporate and capitalist interests, and put their constituents last, and we continue our backslide into modern-era feudalism.

This carries over into the video games we play, the movies and shows we watch, the news we read, and so on and so forth. Just look at Gamespot; it's basically one giant ad that caters to the trend ticker. "Destiny is trending! SPAM THE DESTINY ARTICLES!"

We own less. We have fewer rights. Art and education are put last while profit and growth are put first, when we could instead find a happy balance of all. Instead of sharing resources and adopting a "rising tide lifts all ships" mentality, we resource guard and say "Well I don't need this, but I don't want you to have it".

TL;DR: We shouldn't be surprised when our politicians don't stop giant companies from gobbling up littler ones, then shutting them down to increase their net worth. This is late-stage capitalism, and until we repeal Citizens United and place politicians in place that favor people and consumer over CEO's and corporations, we don't deserve anything better.

Forget about the national politics, too, and remember to vote state and local! It matters more, arguably!

/end rant. Sorry not sorry.

Sincerely

Comrade Bojangles
Spokesman of the Gamespot Communist Party

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#282 Pedro

@mrbojangles25: You are correct that gamers are too blame and the market is what gamers have sculpted.🙃 Studios close when it is not a viable business. Gamers on forums like these talk about wanting new games but the best selling games are rehashes and sequels. The same apply to games with high accolades, media praise etc. None of that matters if the casual gamers aren't supporting said game. SW and other outlets like these are bubbles of group think. Once you realize this, you just have fun with the common nonsense. The side effect is that some folks believe that these bubbles are a reflection of reality.😂

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#283  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58436 Posts
@Pedro said:

@mrbojangles25: You are correct that gamers are too blame and the market is what gamers have sculpted.🙃 Studios close when it is not a viable business. Gamers on forums like these talk about wanting new games but the best selling games are rehashes and sequels. The same apply to games with high accolades, media praise etc. None of that matters if the casual gamers aren't supporting said game. SW and other outlets like these are bubbles of group think. Once you realize this, you just have fun with the common nonsense. The side effect is that some folks believe that these bubbles are a reflection of reality.😂

Oh I know, we are a bubble and a minority. Most people buy a console to play one game year round (CoD, Halo, Madden) with maybe a few other titles sprinkled in. A large chunk of that massive PC gaming community I'm so proud of is millions of moms just playing the Sims or some farming game 😋

But like an old poster once said, if a chocolate factory known for amazing chocolate started selling literal shit one day, and everyone still ate it, isn't it your job to yell from the mountain top "STOP EATING SHIT!"?

😋😂🤣

I know it sounds somewhat fascist but if people don't know of any other way, isn't it our job as citizens to show them an alternative? A choice?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#284 Pedro

@mrbojangles25 said:
@Pedro said:

Oh I know, we are a bubble and a minority. Most people buy a console to play one game year round (CoD, Halo, Madden) with maybe a few other titles sprinkled in. A large chunk of that massive PC gaming community I'm so proud of is millions of moms just playing the Sims or some farming game 😋

But like an old poster once said, if a chocolate factory known for amazing chocolate started selling literal shit one day, and everyone still ate it, isn't it your job to yell from the mountain top "STOP EATING SHIT!"?

😋😂🤣

I know it sounds somewhat fascist but if people don't know of any other way, isn't it our job as citizens to show them an alternative? A choice?

Nope! Too much effort and they are still going to eat it.😂

As for your last sentence, I take the approach of listening and offering alternatives (not force feeding) in the real world. I don't apply that to this forum though.😏

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#285 loudheadphones
Member since 2023 • 1176 Posts

@Pedro said:

@TheEroica said:

Me? Looks like Xbox peeps keep defending a dead platform HERE and how everything is good there

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#286 Saint-George
Member since 2023 • 1340 Posts

@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@TheEroica said:

Me? Looks like Xbox peeps keep defending a dead platform HERE and how everything is good there

Microsoft gaming you say...so Xbox and pc joining as one and in doing so completely destroying Sony Playstation..i knew PS was in last place..but cheers for the confirmation.

Phil says thanks for the sea of thieves money and of course ...

And cows think they are winning 😂🤣

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#287 Pedro

@loudheadphones: And my comment remains true.😂

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#288 TheEroica  Moderator

@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@TheEroica said:

No... The post of yours I deleted said, "C***sucker" in the title.... We generally don't allow that kind of filthy talk on these here chat boards. I chose not to moderate you and instead just delete the post, assuming you just didn't know?

Im not concerned about the point you are trying to make, just do so in a way that doesn't make me have to delete your posts....

Are you good now or do we keep discussing this?

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#289  Edited By loudheadphones
@TheEroica said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@TheEroica said:

No... The post of yours I deleted said, "C***sucker" in the title.... We generally don't allow that kind of filthy talk on these here chat boards. I chose not to moderate you and instead just delete the post, assuming you just didn't know?

Im not concerned about the point you are trying to make, just do so in a way that doesn't make me have to delete your posts....

Never ever mentioned that. Sorry. No need to make things up. False accusations by a mod. Why you are doing this?

loudheadphones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#290 loudheadphones

@saint-george said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@TheEroica said:

Microsoft gaming you say...so Xbox and pc joining as one and in doing so completely destroying Sony Playstation..i knew PS was in last place..but cheers for the confirmation.

Phil says thanks for the sea of thieves money and of course ...

Which means more Xbox games on PS. Thanks! So, Hellblade 2, Indiana...all of them will come.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#291 Last_Lap

@SolidGame_basic: So you use a PC fanboy and a Sony fanboy videos 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#292 TheEroica  Moderator

@loudheadphones said:
@TheEroica said:
@loudheadphones said:
@Pedro said:

@TheEroica said:

Never ever mentioned that. Sorry. No need to make things up. False accusations by a mod. Why you are doing this?

The tweet had it written in it.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#293 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7269 Posts

Will be interesting to see what other rumoured cuts ms make to studios.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#294  Edited By hardwenzen  Online

WOW the Xbox situation is actually much worse than i expected it being. Fascinating.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#295 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts

Only a few weeks to the Massive Xbox games show on June 9th. :D

I just hope Uncle Phil has at least something new for the cows to play since BS Jive has no new games. lol :P

BIOKILLER123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#296 BIOKILLER123
Member since 2010 • 1078 Posts

AND this is why I was always sceptic when Microsoft made a multitude of purchases. Me as well as others, feel like Microsoft wants a monopoly over the games industry and, want to be more of a service (Game pass) than a Home console manufacture.