Account Cancellation--Beware Fraud

This topic is locked from further discussion.

buckizard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 buckizard
Member since 2003 • 51 Posts

Am I the only one who sees the fraud going on at this site?   It states clearly in the sites supposedly legal 'Terms of Use' :

All sales are final. You may cancel the renewal of your subscription not less than ten (10) days prior to its renewal date by using the cancellation Web page https://secure.gamespot.com/rps/manage/cancel.php Once subscription fees have been charged to your credit card, they are nonrefundable. Only in cases of demonstrated fraud will subscription payments be refunded.

Yet this cancellation page does not exist!  And it still states that my credit card will continue to try an dbe charged.  If my account is not deleted, the BBS will be hearing from me.  This is fraud and this page is run by greedy, immoral people.  I'm sure some moderator will delete this post since they are as clueless to cancelling as the ones running this joke.  I read all their highly uninformative posts to others concerning cancelling their accounts.  So I would recommend calling your credit card company now and informing them that fraud is being conducted from this site. 

GeorgeTopouria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 GeorgeTopouria
Member since 2005 • 3988 Posts
It's not a fraud, that link doesn't work cause basic account users can't cancel their accounts, only subscribers, and you're a basic account.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
You have a Free Registrant account, so you're not being charged for anything. You didn't enter in any credit card information to purchase a Plus or Total Access account. You have nothing to worry about.
Mehfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 1

#6 Mehfuz
Member since 2005 • 10290 Posts
You are a paid subscriber???
your profile says different thing - basic member.