Another issue when submitting a journal entry

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MasterMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 0

#1 MasterMarcus
Member since 2002 • 1656 Posts

I don't know what's happening with the journal entries, but it's much trickier now to submit. After the bugged font colors, which no one here seems to care, I now have this problem when submitting: ''Your HTML is not well formed- please check for unclosed tags''. ??? The last tier of my text was cut, and at the end - right in the middle of a previous phrase,  I had forbidden>. I deleted it, retried, alas to no avail. I lost one hour of my time. Just a simple text with no forbidden word, no link, and unable to submit? :evil:

Author_Jerry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Author_Jerry
Member since 2006 • 568 Posts

I have the exact same problem. I spent nearly three hours writing a post for a union, and everything I typed showed up like expected. But when I decided to edit the post later in the day to correct some errors, that same message showed up. At the time, I didn't think anything of it; this message has showed up before, but after persistently clicking on submit, it would eventually go away.

Let me get to my point. Since the post was so lengthy, I didn't notice that about half of it was cut off until earlier this morning! At the end of this post, I now see the dreaded "forbidden>" marking.

Also, I wanted to edit one of my blog posts earlier, but when I clicked on preview, the same message showed up once again and cut off about 25% of the entry. Strangely, the "forbidden>" marking cut off the post starting with the word style. A friend of mine recently posted in his blog saying that it cut off his post starting with style as well!

I usually spend a lot of time writing what I post, so any of you can understand how incredibly aggravating this is for me. Does anyone have a solution?

MasterMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MasterMarcus

C'mon, any admin, aren't you reading this along the other thread '' Forbidden errors'' - the glitch seem to plague many users writing today. What to do ? Or is it already on the way to be fixed?

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#4 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts
Yes, this needs to be fixed. This occurs whenever I changed the font size or style.
Darkside5675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#5 Darkside5675
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
Submit your blog at Filmspot.com Whenever I get the ''Your HTML is not well formed- please check for unclosed tags'' error message, I just go there and post my blogs. I've written 4 and its happened with 2. Seems to happen when i'm posting images. Trust me though, Filmspot works.
jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#6 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

C'mon, any admin, aren't you reading this along the other thread '' Forbidden errors'' - the glitch seem to plague many users writing today. What to do ? Or is it already on the way to be fixed?

MasterMarcus
This has been going on near a week now. 'Reserved' programming words like "class" and "style" are getting misinterpretted as such, causing this in many areas, among them blogs and sigs.
MasterMarcus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MasterMarcus

Thanks for your replies.

Darkside,  I followed your counsel and re-wrote my blog this morning on Film.spot, alas to get the same glitch ''forbidden >'' in lieu of my word ''c.l.a.s.s.i.c''. That's the culprit so thanks jekyll for the clues. C.l.a.s.s and s.t.y.l.e, huh? Not so a c.l.a.s.s.y glitch, Gamespot are you aware? I used the word ''gem'' instead of c.l.a.s.s.i.c then for a successful load.

By jove, aren't we due to become word detectives in order to write here?!

scotty992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 scotty992
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Happened to me too I spend an hour writing a blog and half of its gone THIS IS ANNOYING!
ulillillia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 ulillillia
Member since 2006 • 685 Posts
May I suggest that, before submitting your message, copy it into Notepad, and, if it happens, just paste in your copied backup right away and make the fixes as needed. There's no need to retype anything from doing this and it's a very useful tip not just for this bug, but anywhere where you fill out long forms. Yes, this "forbidden" thing is extremely annoying, but it would be nice if any of the staff members would look into this or at least give some notice that they are.

Edit:  Here's the link to the thread about the forbidden errors.