jbfitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 jbfitz
Member since 2013 • 29 Posts

sit 30 sec though ad to watch few minute video, then another 30 sec add prior to next video, again just a few minutes per vid, and again and again. That's more advertising per minute of entertainment than TV. I preferred paying an annual fee. My time is too valuable and there are plenty of other option to find what I want. Time to move on, good bye Gamespot. You once meant something to me.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10556 Posts

yeah i don't bother with gs videos any more because of this.

it's bad enough the site is so bloated it takes around 30 seconds or longer before a video even begins to load, they then add insult to injury with a 30 sec ad. it's a horrible user experience. my guess is the gs development team doesn't have any choice / say in the matter

wemmick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#3 wemmick
Member since 2013 • 372 Posts

@Macutchi: We are constantly pushing our Sales folks to get shorter ads, and most are 15 seconds these days, so I think we're making progress, but indeed some 30-sec stuff still gets in there sometimes. Over time, we're hoping advertisers will get more savvy to requirements on the Internet and make sure to have 15 second ads available, but sadly we aren't quite there yet.

glencrayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By glencrayton
Member since 2018 • 5 Posts

aw

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56410 Posts

@wemmick said:

@Macutchi: We are constantly pushing our Sales folks to get shorter ads, and most are 15 seconds these days, so I think we're making progress, but indeed some 30-sec stuff still gets in there sometimes. Over time, we're hoping advertisers will get more savvy to requirements on the Internet and make sure to have 15 second ads available, but sadly we aren't quite there yet.

I don't mind ads these days but 30 seconds is really pushing the limits. I would like to see ads only for games, pc, or stuff like that but outside ads has nothing to do with gaming needs to take a hike.