Super Mario Galaxy Heaven (56k) GGD Goes hands on! Page 45

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gaminggeek
Member since 2003 • 14223 Posts

Contents page

• 1up - 9.5
    Eurogamer - 10/10
    Gamepro - 5/5
    Gamepro germany - 94%
    Deeko - 10/10
    Famitsu - 38/40
    Famitsu Nintendo - 40/40
    ONMuk - 97%
    gamesTM - 9/10
  • Spong 98%
  • CVG 9.5
  • Game Informer 9.75
  • Gamespot 9.5
  • IGN 9.7
  • Gametrailers 9.8

Page 45: Jammy USgamers go hands on with the game, two more days foreurope! :D

Page 40: Gamespot, Gametrailers and IGN reviews. 9.5, 9.8 and 9.7 respectively :D

Page 37: Game Informer review 9.75!

Page 36: CVG review - 9.5!

Page 35: Spong review 98%

Page 32: 1up.com review the game! 9.5 baby! Reviews continue on the following pages, 5/5 from Gamepro, 10/10 from Eurogamer.

Page 27: Over 100 new screenshots. Oh baby yeah

Page 26: Amazing new off cam video of the opening and more.

Page 22: Some chump like character fromthe gamespot forumsgoes hands on with the game. Plus orgamisc new pics from famitsu. Is anyone reading the contents page? :evil:

Page 21: First English review + Three new commercials in a more easily accesible format

Page 20: New videos from the japanese wii site

Page 19: Six minutes of new footage

Page 17: Japanese ads and player demo videos. Simply amazing

Page 16: ZOMG theme tune download, Orchestra video with Miyamoto bopping his head andspiffy new screens, artwork and videos of powerups :D :D :D :D :D *ass explodes*

Page 14: New screenshots of the Hubworld

Page 13: OMG new videos showing all the powerups

Page 13: New brainmelting pics

Page 10: That's right, even MORE new videos :shock:

Page 9: A New double dose of pics :D Plus amazing new videos too :D

Page 9: New Insect Boss pics

All over the htread: loads of previews and pics :)0_big.j

Re-Hosted so PLEASE don't quote or link to directly

Re-Hosted so PLEASE don't quote or link to directly

Super Mario Galaxy E3 footage

Super Mario Galaxy E3 trailer

Super Mario Galaxy videos

Super Mario Galaxy hands on

Super Mario Galaxy
Must see footage of Mario's next adventure showcasing new stages and brand new power-ups.

Miyamoto demonstrating Mario Galaxy text

Super Mario Galaxy dev walkthrough

Super Mario Galaxy hands on impressions (Joystiq)

Super Mario Galaxy hands on (Wired)

CVGMario Galaxy Preview

Super Mario Galaxy video tour

Miyamoto elaborates on Super Mario Galaxy's Mario 128 roots

"Just as we've seen with Phantom Hourglass and its sales in Japan and its ability to attract a new audience to Zelda for the first time, we hope to accomplish the same thing in Super Mario Galaxy by including an assist mode that allows a second player to participate. The other key point in the game is what we're doing with gravity. There will be many levels of gravity in the game, as well as different sizes of spherical items. These are ideas we've had since finishing Mario 64. [They] were part of the Mario 128 project, and we're finally happy to have had the chance to implement them." - Shigeru Miyamoto

Super Mario Galaxy hands on co-op

Super Mario Galaxy preview

Mario Galaxy presentation.

MarioGalaxy hands on

There were four levels available to play in our short time with Super Mario Galaxy. Unfortunately, though, since our time was short, we only got to experience two of them.

I will get this out of the way right now. I may have had more fun with those two levels than I have had with any other video game in the last year. Yes, I know, that is a pretty hardcore statement, but it really is true. There is so much creativity in each section of Super Mario Galaxy that it almost puts all other games to shame.

Check out these Mario Galaxy 480p videos

Super Mario Galaxy Gamespy preview

1up.com has update their mario galaxy preview

What's even newer: But wait, there's more! While the version of Super Mario Galaxy contains four levels (plus two secret, hidden levels), producer Shigeru Miyamoto demonstrated a few more bits of the game during a press roundtable session Thursday afternoon.

Check the link for more.

Mario Galaxy Floor demo! Direct Link

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 gaminggeek

Well I guess thats the proper way to do it, thanks. :)dvader654

Just saw your update. I think this game deserves its own thread.

J_J_Efferies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 J_J_Efferies
Member since 2007 • 229 Posts

The game looks fun, and those are really good screens. It just seems to me like Nintendo is just throwing out Mario games, Super Paper Mario, Super Mario Galaxy, Mario kart. All of which I'm exicited about, it just seems to me like Nintendo is just throwing some things out there to be out there. It makes me wonder if Mario will be enough to keep Nintendo's momentum up.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 creepy_mike
Member since 2007 • 1092 Posts

Finally, a comprehensive, one-stop-shop SMG thread! Excellent work, I must say.

Amazing screens as well. Peach looks........really pretty, actually (assuming that's her). Never really seen the whole ethereal fairy/goddess/whatever looking female thing in a Mario game.

Yet another reason why this will surely be GOTY, for me at least. :)

darkodonnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 darkodonnie
Member since 2007 • 2384 Posts
Those screens look great. So far, as others have mentioned before this game looks to be the sequel to Mario 64 that Sunshine should have been, but failed to do.
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts

Amazing screens as well. Peach looks........really pretty, actually (assuming that's her). Never really seen the whole ethereal fairy/goddess/whatever looking female thing in a Mario game.

creepy_mike
As far as I can tell, it isn't Peach. The katakana in that specific screenshot spells out "Rosetta" more or less...so unless I hear otherwise, it isn't Peach, and there might be multiple princesses in this game.
HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

Those screens look great. So far, as others have mentioned before this game looks to be the sequel to Mario 64 that Sunshine should have been, but failed to do.darkodonnie

If that happens, the Wii just got itself a new customer when this game comes out, and I'll finally retire my cube.

majadamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 majadamus
Member since 2003 • 10292 Posts
The game is looking great. I notice it has that health meter from Mario 64. I can tell this game is going to be one of the best Mario games ever made.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 gaminggeek

Translation of the Famitsu scans

Mario`s Great Space Adventure

For the first time in eight months, new screens! Introducing Super Mario Galaxy!

Big, small, travel around all kinds of planets to rescue Princess Peach!!

Peach is in trouble...again! To save the dragged-off Peach, Mario jumps into space! The platforming action spreads to new locales as Mario travels between planets large and small and faces off against enemies new and old. What kind of adventure lies in wait this time?

Freely Run About on the Surface

Every planet has challenges and things to explore. Planets come in all shapes and sizes, and have various gadgets. Sometimes there are platforms to travel across, too.

Inside, too!?

Mario runs up and down the walls of this stage as gravity changes direction. Is this the inside of a star?

Space is full of gadgets and bad guys!

To save Princess Peach, Mario jumps into space and develops new powers, fights tough baddies and uses tonnes of gadgets to morph and take on challenges. Let`s introduce the mysterious worlds and characters that he will meet during this adventure!

Lady of Mystery: Rosetta

Out of the light comes the lady of mystery, Rosetta - a woman of translucent beauty. If Mario falls for her, will Peach escape by herself and lay into him!? She doesn`t seem like a baddie: does Mario receive new powers from her?

Bowser and Petey Pirahna!

Some familiar faces power up. Bowser`s fire breath, is always, terrifying, but it`s a shock to see that Petey has developed almost dinosaur levels of power.

Travel through Water

Mario can travel rapidly through water with a Koopa shell. Are those Torpedo Teds chasing him from behind!?

Wrecked Spaceship

Mario travels the surface of a wrecked spaceship. Ambushed by enemies from four directions, he seems to be in a bit of a pinch. Better escape quickly and rush off to find Peach!

Castle of the Queen of the Bees

The kindly queen doesn`t seem like an enemy, but this `FLY` meter is a bit worrying...

The Gigantic Insect Tucks In!?

This insect moves from apple to apple, digging right in! There is really nothing but mysterious places here.

(Series history)
(E3 data)

Boiiing! Jump from Star to Star!

Using this star-like device, Mario can progress by jumping from planet to planet. Each stage is made up of several tiny planets dotted all over the place. While travelling between them, the pointer can be used to attract elastic collectibles to Mario, like playing Pachinko. Space is loaded with all kinds of gadgets!

Move with the Pointer!

The stars in the centres of these spherical bodies are called "Star Catchers". Mario can fluffily float through space by connecting between them. Choose which point to travel to next using the pointer.

Collect Stars for a 1-Up!

When the damage meter in the top-right of the screen is emptied, Mario will sadly perish. Still, if you collect the "Star Pieces" that are scattered all over the place, Mario will get a 1-Up! Collect loads to avoid Game Over. On top of that, it seems Star Pieces can be used to power a special attack. But what kind of attack could that possibly be?

AceBandage_of_NeoGAF

Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mantorok
Member since 2002 • 2558 Posts
Peach looks fit.
Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mantorok
WB GG btw, we missed you.:)
Skylock00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Skylock00
Member since 2002 • 20069 Posts
Peach looks fit.Mantorok
Again...I really, really don't think that's Peach, as I explained earlier..
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gaminggeek

[QUOTE="Mantorok"]Peach looks fit.Skylock00

Lady of Mystery: Rosetta

Out of the light comes the lady of mystery, Rosetta - a woman of translucent beauty. If Mario falls for her, will Peach escape by herself and lay into him!? She doesn`t seem like a baddie: does Mario receive new powers from her?

WB GG btw, we missed you.:)Mantorok

Thanks, my own misunderstanding of american references such as Kool Aid and the word: Douche foiled me.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44625 Posts
Wow! This game is looking quite stunning and sounding very awesome. Hmmm a new character Rosetta, interesting. I can't wait to get this game.
Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mantorok

[QUOTE="Mantorok"]Peach looks fit.Skylock00

Stop it man, you're ruining the fantasy! ;)

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 gaminggeek

I forgot to mention these are the videos you want to check out the most:

Mario Galaxy 480p videos

But be warned, you need a fast-ish broadband connection, 2mbs or higher ideally.

creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 creepy_mike

As far as I can tell, it isn't Peach. The katakana in that specific screenshot spells out "Rosetta" more or less...so unless I hear otherwise, it isn't Peach, and there might be multiple princesses in this game.
Skylock00

Ah, so you're right. Man, I really need to brush up on my katakana if I'm ever gonna become literate in Nihongo. Don't know why I didn't just grab my old Japanese-English dictionary and look it up myself.

Anywho, I'm finding myself even more intrigued now. There hasn't really been a worthwhile new character in the main Mario series since Yoshi (unless you count FLUDD, which I don't really even though I enjoyed Sunshine a lot more than most long-time fans). This "Rosetta" lady could very well end up being the equivalent of Midna. That is, if she has enough character depth to deviate from the same recurring Hero/Princess/Villain trine that was starting to make both series' a little stale, IMO.

sCaReCr0W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#21 sCaReCr0W
Member since 2003 • 10300 Posts
This is a really impressive looking game, and it seems like it plays just as well as it looks. That makes me happy.
MLJ28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MLJ28
Member since 2003 • 3690 Posts

So this is where everyone went.

Man, with every new video and screenshot released,this game just keeps looking better and better. I can't wait! Hey Nintendo, how about a free playable demo of SMG for all of us devoted Wii fans? Please? Pretty please?

*crickets*

dragonlife29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dragonlife29
Member since 2005 • 14543 Posts
Man, this game is like an orgasm for the eyes, if I do say so myself :P
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
Wowzas! I was gonna skip this game but now im pretty enticed, think ill be picking it up. The pic with bowser looks amazing! The graphics, the graphix!!!
selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#25 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts

This game is looking spectacular! All those movements in the video are so fluid.

...and Bee Mario is frickin' awesome!

Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts

Why why why why why why WHHHY can't all Wii games look even close to as good as Mario Galaxy and Metroid Corruption?! You look at these two games and its absolutely sickening that 99% of Wii games look like early PS2 software.

Those 2 games are easily in my top 10 most wanted for any system this year. I don't know how anyone could not be excited for either game.

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Waaah :cry: I want to play this sooo bad!
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 gaminggeek

Super Mario Galaxy Preview round-up

GAF preview

"I could go on and on about this game, but in short, the platforming and stage design in Mario Galaxy is both intelligent and beautiful to look at. It shares more in common with Mario 64 than it does with Sunshine, and the promise of more game that plays like the demo makes me salivate. The magic that Mario first brought to 3D on the N64 has returned."

IGN

"This is the Mario you've been waiting for. We're at E3, we're months from the final review, and we can tell you with absolutely no hesitation that Super Mario Galaxy is the real deal. We could talk all day about what makes Super Mario Galaxy a must-have title for Wii, and come review time (or future hands-on) I'm sure we will, but in reality it's about one major thing: Super Mario Galaxy is fun. When we're finished playing it, we think about playing it again. While we explore the world we're half playing, half admiring the level design and gameplay concepts. Nintendo may be reaching out to casual players and basingg its new system on things like Wii Sports and Wii Fit, but the fact of the matter is that the company is still all about the gamer, and all about the games, and Super Mario Galaxy is pure living proof of that. This is the Mario you've been waiting for."

Gamespot

"we have a feeling that Mario's looming journey across the universe will pleasantly change your world this November. "

Joystiq

"Overall the new demo wasn't too different from the one showed a year ago, but showed off enough new features and polish to get us excited for the ggame all over again. Nov. 12 can't get here fast enough."

Wired

"If you're complaining about not having your needs met as a hardcore gamer, don't forget about Galaxy. This could be the game of November. I'm a Mario fan going way back, and this gave me that same old constant, building feeling of wonder as I leapt from planet to planet."

CVG

"Every time Nintendo shows more of this game it looks even more incredible, and this year's E3 showing was no different. In fact, we got more than we'd bargained for, with not only new levels shown but all-new powers and gameplay mechanics too.
This is the game your Wii is crying out for. Regggie says it's the first worthy successor to the almighty Super Mario 64. We totally agree."

Destructoid

"There were four levels available to play in our short time with Super Mario Ggalaxy. Unfortunately, though, since our time was short, we only got to experience two of them.

I will get this out of the way right now. I may have had more fun with those two levels than I have had with any other video game in the last year. Yes, I know, that is a pretty hardcore statement, but it really is true. There is so much creativity in each section of Super Mario Galaxy that it almost puts all other games to shame."

1up.com

Article stubbornly not opening at present :evil:

Super Mario Galaxy "E3 levels" Gamevideos

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Why why why why why why WHHHY can't all Wii games look even close to as good as Mario Galaxy and Metroid Corruption?! You look at these two games and its absolutely sickening that 99% of Wii games look like early PS2 software.

Those 2 games are easily in my top 10 most wanted for any system this year. I don't know how anyone could not be excited for either game.

EdgecrusherAza

Actually, from what I've seen of Metroid, it does look distinctly last-gen compared to the most spectacular FPSs out there. Mario has good art and imaginative design going for it, and that trumps visual fidelity most of the time, at least in my book.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#31 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
So many pretty colours, it's hard to take it all in, yet it isn't garish.
TheCrimsonblur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheCrimsonblur
Member since 2003 • 1376 Posts
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

nopalversion

Actually, from what I've seen of Metroid, it does look distinctly last-gen compared to the most spectacular FPSs out there. Mario has good art and imaginative design going for it, and that trumps visual fidelity most of the time, at least in my book.

I would say that Brawl and Galaxy look a bit better than MP3 at this point. But, MP3 still looks gorgeous, especially compared to every other Wii game.

Travo_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Travo_basic
Member since 2003 • 38751 Posts
Thanks for the SMG thread. This game looks incredible.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5b7eeba71ed1e
Member since 2005 • 7040 Posts
[QUOTE="EdgecrusherAza"]

nopalversion

Come on now dude. OBVIOUSLY if you want to compare it to games on the 360, PS3, and PC....its not in the same league when it comes to technical graphics. That's common sense. But as you said of Mario, Metroid also has incredible art design and and adding quite a bit gameplay-wise over previous games. Retro have made a name for themselves in art design, so its not really surprising.

But you'd have to be blind to not see that Metroid is easily one of the only games getting the most it can out of the Wii. As I said, it sure doesn't look like an early PS2 game like most other Wii games. It looks like a super-enhanced Cube or Xbox title, like Wii games should.

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gaminggeek

GoNintendo preview

Super Mario Galaxy's controls practically melt in your hands when you play.

Running around on these self-contained planets is absolutely amazing. I can't match the feeling to any other game out there. It's such a unique experience to truly run all over a planet. The camera moves right along with you as you run from one side of a planet or set piece to another. The smooth motions of the camera combined with the controls really convey the sense of space around you.

There's no denying that Galaxy has that certain magic that Mario fans have been waiting for. While Sunshine gave us a new mechanic, Galaxy does that as well, and at the same time reminds us why Mario made the jump to 3d. With 120 stars to collect and 40 galaxies/planets to explore, I can hardly contain myself. Add in the fact that the game really is coming out this year, and you have many a happy Nintendo fan.

SiliconeraPreview

After a brief play session with Super Mario Galaxy I can't wait to see what else Nintendo has in store for us when it comes out this November. I love how the worlds are more diverse than Super Mario Sunshine and how the game has a fun feel to it.

IGN E3 2007 Awards gave Mario Galaxy the Lions share

Best Platform Game, Best Graphics, Most Innovative design, Award for technological excellence, Best Game

Various Extracts from the awards text see link for fulltext

Galaxy takes an old genre, the platformer, and makes it feel brand new again with a fresh spin on some tried-and-true play mechanics.

Super Mario Galaxy pushes the Wii farther than any title we've seen thus far, blending a ton of lighting effects, shadowing, distortion, and reflection effects on top of a smooth, beautiful look. Nintendo went with an overall space theme for Galaxy, and it really freed up the world to create specific, optimized levels for players to run through, as Mario blasts from one intense piece of structure to the next. Textures give off a great mix of detail and st-yle to the world, as do some graphical trickery by the DK Jungle Beat team with things like fur shading. It may not be the prettiest game we see during Wii's lifespan, but Super Mario Galaxy is one hell of a first-year title, and proof to both developers and Wii owners alike that Wii can be taken seriously on the graphical front.

Once second you're jumping from tiny planet to tiny planet, the next you're running through a semi-invisible, platform-intensive level, and the next you crash into a fully 2D gravity-flipping stage. Rather than going through world after world, Super Mario Galaxy feels like a highlight reel of all the best 3D platforming situations Miyamoto and company could think of, and that's due entirely to the freedom you get in such an open world.

Miyamoto made specific mention that part of choosing Galaxy's mini-world design was to overcome many of the issues with 3D platformers - specifically camera control and disorientation - and it worked, as Galaxy has a truly cinematic feel throughout, changing camera movements on the fly when going from level to level, but still pulling in close enough to show off the game's finer graphical points as well.

Nintendo's flagship franchise wowed us at every turn. With six levels playable on the show floor (amassing about a half hour of gameplay) we managed to spend hours playing, as every inch of Galaxy brought about new level designs, new visual achievements, and new gameplay innovation. Miyamoto considers Super Mario Galaxy to be the true sequel to Super Mario 64 and we'd agree, as Galaxy combines pure platforming with amazing level design and truly solid control. Super Mario Galaxy proves that you can make something totally original on Wii without dumbing down the gameplay or being a slave to motion control, as it's the perfect mix of IR, motion, and core character control.

joyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 joyer
Member since 2003 • 979 Posts

lol megathread.... bowser screen looks impressive... would be more so at a smooth framerate

thats an understatement

LqdSnk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LqdSnk
Member since 2003 • 509 Posts
This game looks gorgeous. That one screen with the apple planets, it's just so colourful and vibrant. I can't wait for this game!
King9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#38 King9999
Member since 2002 • 11837 Posts
Can't wait for SMG. Looks disorienting, though. The controls are gonna take some getting used to, that's for sure.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 gaminggeek

Can't wait for SMG. Looks disorienting, though. The controls are gonna take some getting used to, that's for sure.King9999

I don't think so, the go nintendo preview said this:

"Super Mario Galaxy's controls practically melt in your hands when you play. Once again Nintendo has done an excellent job of making great use of the Wiimote and Nunchuck. This is one of those instances where you can just figure out what buttons and motions do what. There was no explanation needed when I played. Obviously, you are using the joystick to move around and the A button to jump. On top of that, a quick wiggle back and forth will make Mario do his spin move. You also waggle back and forth to activate star portals that shoot you across the galaxy. Now you also get to pick up multi-colored stars to shoot at your enemies. To utilize them, all you have to do is point at the screen and hit B. There wasn't any move in Mario's collection that had me baffled. You pick up the controls, you do what feels natural for each move, and you will be well on your way"

Mario Galaxy Stardust level video :shock:

Standard def

HighDef version

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gaminggeek

IGN Aussie preview

"By the gods, it's good. I could wrap up my whole hands-on experience right there and deny you the pleasure of reading this gameplay diatribe, but why use five words when a thousand would do? And surely Galaxy deserves all the attention and praise it can garner."

princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#41 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
Those screens look awesome. I can't wait to play it. Everyone that saw the game at E3 seemed to have loved it and mentioned how well it looked. This actually might be the game that shows people that the Wii isn't as under powered(graphically) as they think.
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 gaminggeek

Those screens look awesome. I can't wait to play it. Everyone that saw the game at E3 seemed to have loved it and mentioned how well it looked. This actually might be the game that shows people that the Wii isn't as under powered(graphically) as they think.princesszelda

Alot of previews have said that it looks like a low-end 360 game. The IGN 480p videos looks sweet.

The IGN Aussie preview I posted on page 2 said this:

"Super Mario Galaxy also kicks a visual goal as well. This is, without doubt, the best looking Wii game yet unveiled. It's colourful, fluid and touting graphical effects that nearly put it on par with some PS3 and 360 efforts. If it weren't for the painfully lower resolution, you'd swear this was running on different hardware."

"The game engine makes full use of the Wii's excellent depth-of-field, transparency, refraction and light bloom effects, painting a universe of planets as varied and eye-popping as the first time you laid eyes on Mario 64 back in the day. It's clear in games like Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 what the Wii is capable of when a developer takes the time. This is stellar stuff - no pun intended."

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts
There alsoseems to be a convenient lack of polygons on-screen, but despite all that this still looks miles better than anything on the Wii so far.
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts
Can't wait till this games comes out it looks amazing.
creepy_mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 creepy_mike

Just pre-ordered my copy (along with SSBB).

Today is happy day. Today instead of one potato, we have two potato, and special salted pork from American missionary. For this I am thankful. :)

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gaminggeek

New :shock: pics: See first post :)

Mantorok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mantorok

New :shock: pics: See first post :)

gaminggeek

2 words - Mario's Back!

gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gaminggeek

I bring you.... Heavenly Pleasure. :D

Re-Hosted so please DO NOT link to directly or the pics will go down.

Re-Hosted so please DO NOT link to directly or the pics will go down.

selbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 selbie
Member since 2004 • 13295 Posts
This thread (along with the MP3 one) = greatest threads on the internets. Hurry up time :x
gaminggeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 gaminggeek

Gamersyde.com has the pictures filtered, where they lose some of the sharpness but look cleaner.

one
two
three