DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8782 Posts

I think I'm about half way to saving up for a Steam Deck. How about you?

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#2 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6101 Posts

I live from pay to pay,unable for a savings. I live alone and don’t make much money,can’t even buy the games I want.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DEVILinIRON

@brimmul777: Can you afford a gaming subscription instead of paying full price for a game?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#4 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I'm saving to move back to New Zealand.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16880 Posts

Saving up to buy a place of our own.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 706 Posts

I save money to satisfy my need for control, and I only buy discounted stuff to feel i am making smart buys.

I don't have mid terms objectives on how to use the money so i just invest it.

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Yeah a black and decker rechargeable batteryand automatic spool trimmer for the weeder... a large panera bread order on Doordash andI'm also saving up for the new Xbox though that big ticket item is not necessarily set in stone ...I'm more set into putting the money in savings

thereal25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By thereal25
Member since 2011 • 2074 Posts

Kind of saving up for a new rig, but there's no hurry. It'll probably be a good while before prices and availability get back to the way it used to be.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2147 Posts

Not really, instead I just don't spend my money left and right on stuff I don't need (i.e. I'm still using a 14 year old Nokia as my primary phone, and have a >4 year old Lenovo P2 for internet as sat nav).

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15954 Posts

Saving money for a holiday to Morocco and Egypt next year or 2023 if covid still fucks up the nations I guess. Been my dream travel destination for a while. Can't wait to discover those Unesco sites and mummies!

Avatar image for blackacezero777
blackacezero777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11 blackacezero777
Member since 2021 • 353 Posts

Black Friday. Tradition for me and is when I try to get some of the games that I really wanted throughout the year outside of the ones I get throughout the months. Due to that Summer Sale and that Double Discount Sale a few years or so back on PSN, I am opening up to digital as well if the sales look right.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56278 Posts

As of now, I'm saving up to build myself a brand new gaming PC from the ground up. I'll be switching back to Intel now they finally starting to innovate again but I won't actually start until Nvidia releases RTX 40XX series next year. I just put $50 down whenever I get paid and goes into my savings account.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DEVILinIRON

@madrocketeer: Where are you now?

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Guardians Of The Galaxy (maybe)

Vanguard

Riders Republic (maybe)

BF 2042 (maybe)

Horizon:FW

Dying Light 2

Sifu

Evil Dead The Game (maybe)

Saints Row (maybe)

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By brimmul777

@DEVILinIRON: Yeah,it’s tight though. Right now I’m holding off from buying NHL 22. I’m screwing my self financially if I buy games other than what I spent for GamePass Ultimate. I got to be financially careful every week.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

I've got about 2K saved for a new graphics card and I'm debating on if I want to wait until next year for the 4000 Series or bite the bullet on a 3080 now.

I'm currently also putting money back for home improvements, a lot of them actually... I want to expand the concrete on my driveway, remodel my bathroom, build a new barn in the back yard to name a few.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56278 Posts

@rmiller365: So far, I heard rumors of a possible RTX 3090Ti or Super is on the way, might be worth it but as I'm still using my RTX 2070, I'll just wait for 40XX series instead.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6851 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Nice. Keep your head down and put that money away. Don't get sidetracked by shiny things that will delay your goal.

OT: Need a new car, looking for an SUV.

Avatar image for deactivated-620299e29a26a
deactivated-620299e29a26a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deactivated-620299e29a26a
Member since 2010 • 1490 Posts

@davillain- said:

@rmiller365: So far, I heard rumors of a possible RTX 3090Ti or Super is on the way, might be worth it but as I'm still using my RTX 2070, I'll just wait for 40XX series instead.

I've been ready for an upgrade for a while so I'd be happy to get my hands on either honestly. I figured it would be easier to get a card at launch then doing Newegg shuffles every day. Half the time the card I want is bundled with something else I can't use, like an incompatible motherboard or a power supply I don't need.

Crash6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 Crash6
Member since 2004 • 3525 Posts

Have been window shopping 4k HDR TV's virtually all year. Would prefer to grab one before year end. Would also be incredible if I could find a Series X in the same timeframe but the TV is more expensive and want to get that out of the way first. Especially since the only reason I really even want the TV is because of the Series X I don't have haha

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@Crash6: Best Buy is offering the LG C1 on sale right now for $1900 for the 65 inch model. I picked one up earlier in the year, and it is just amazing. Plus, when you do get that Series X, I promise you you'll wonder how you managed to live without it before.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127518 Posts

@hallenbeck77 said:

Ditto this.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#23 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59181 Posts

Put aside maybe £10 for a few weeks, pick up C64 mini is a nice little Christmas present for myself.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49576 Posts

Mrs and I will be going to Grenada next year which will be an expensive but awesome all inclusive trip.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 horgen  Moderator

@hallenbeck77 said:

@Crash6: Best Buy is offering the LG C1 on sale right now for $1900 for the 65 inch model. I picked one up earlier in the year, and it is just amazing. Plus, when you do get that Series X, I promise you you'll wonder how you managed to live without it before.

What's the thing LG got in some of their TV that makes them so good for gaming?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

I invested $1,500 last year, and it is now worth $15k.

Humoring booking a two week long train trip across the country as I love traveling by trains, especially in a sleeper car. I just did an overnight from FL to NJ and it was very enjoyable.

A two week trip isn’t cheap (think $2,500+ starting), but it’s something I really want to do.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hallenbeck77  Moderator
@horgen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

What's the thing LG got in some of their TV that makes them so good for gaming?

The C1 has 120 Hz refresh rate, is G-Sync & FreeSync compatible, has VRR, eARC, and ALLM Support, and a game optimizer that allows for optimized settings for various game genres. It's a trip playing Doom Eternal at 4K resolution at 12p fps. It has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports , and you can also use it as a computer monitor as well. I don't think I can ever go back to an led display, for either gaming or movies.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 horgen  Moderator

@hallenbeck77 said:

The C1 has 120 Hz refresh rate, is G-Sync & FreeSync compatible, has VRR, eARC, and ALLM Support, and a game optimizer that allows for optimized settings for various game genres. It's a trip playing Doom Eternal at 4K resolution at 12p fps. It has 4 HDMI 2.1 ports , and you can also use it as a computer monitor as well. I don't think I can ever go back to an led display, for either gaming or movies.

What separates it from G1 series?

It does look nice, but damn, the price :( Looking at the 65inch models and we are getting close to a monthly paycheck.

Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Hallenbeck77  Moderator

@horgen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

It does look nice, but damn, the price :( Looking at the 65inch models and we are getting close to a monthly paycheck.

The G1 has LG's next generation OLED panel, which was designed specifically to display on your wall like a picture frame, and is a bump up in visuals from the C1 (which itself already looks fantastic), but the main differences are is that:

• The G1 is thinner than the already thin C1--it was designed with wall mounting as the predominant choice for displaying, so it doesn't come with a stand. The C1 comes with a solid stand if you want to display it on a entertainment center or TV console. You can also wall mount it as well.
  • The audio quality on the G1 is decreased compared to the C1. I believe this is because they want to make the screen as thin as possible.

Other than that, they both have the same features. It comes down to whether you want to have a completely high end displey screen, and if you prefer to have a TV that's wall mounted only. If you want to save a few bucks, I'd go with the C1.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

I want to buy a house.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 horgen  Moderator

@hallenbeck77 said:
@horgen said:
@hallenbeck77 said:

The G1 has LG's next generation OLED panel, which was designed specifically to display on your wall like a picture frame, and is a bump up in visuals from the C1 (which itself already looks fantastic), but the main differences are is that:

• The G1 is thinner than the already thin C1--it was designed with wall mounting as the predominant choice for displaying, so it doesn't come with a stand. The C1 comes with a solid stand if you want to display it on a entertainment center or TV console. You can also wall mount it as well.
  • The audio quality on the G1 is decreased compared to the C1. I believe this is because they want to make the screen as thin as possible.

Other than that, they both have the same features. It comes down to whether you want to have a completely high end displey screen, and if you prefer to have a TV that's wall mounted only. If you want to save a few bucks, I'd go with the C1.

Thanks. I'll keep both in mind when it comes to TV replacement. Although as it looks, I'll move first (in a couple of years) and I think I will go for a wall mount TW to free up floor space. For sound it will be dedicated speakers or a soundbar.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#33 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

I'm about to drop some dough on the Lego Titanic next week.

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DEVILinIRON

@JustPlainLucas: Sounds daunting. Is it or is it not supposed to float?

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#35 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

@DEVILinIRON said:

@JustPlainLucas: Sounds daunting. Is it or is it not supposed to float?

I don't believe so. But, if it did float, it's not exactly the Titanic, is it? :P

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shellcase86

@MirkoS77 said:

Humoring booking a two week long train trip across the country as I love traveling by trains, especially in a sleeper car. I just did an overnight from FL to NJ and it was very enjoyable.

A two week trip isn’t cheap (think $2,500+ starting), but it’s something I really want to do.

Whatcha invested the $1500 in?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By MirkoS77
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Hertz.

It was actually $4,500 (principle), someone subsidized me and my account is currently at $18k. I loaned somebody some $$$, and he is being quite generous.

But I only get $15k, that was the deal agreed upon.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 shellcase86

@MirkoS77 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Hertz.

It was actually $4,500 (principle), someone subsidized me and my account is currently at $18k. I loaned somebody some $$$, and he is being quite generous.

That's awesome. Nice you had a buddy for the lending.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By MirkoS77
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Hertz.

He actually subsidized my investment without my knowledge, of which he told me later. But considering how it’s increased, I’m not complaining. This is my father, so I think he’s trying to help me start building something. I know considering the % of his subsidizing, he is due more than the initial principle.

I basically wrote off my money, which I tend to do whenever I lend/invest it. I always do so under the belief I’ll never see it again, and generally don’t think about it aside cursory glances here and there.

Leaves me never disappointed but sometimes pleasantly surprised.

Sophiagracy_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sophiagracy_1
Member since 2021 • 1 Posts
@MirkoS77 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:

Hertz.

It was actually $4,500 (principle), someone subsidized me and my account is currently at $18k. I loaned somebody some $$$, and he is being a mukabbir best school.

He actually subsidized my investment without my knowledge, of which he told me later. But considering how it’s increased, I’m not complaining. This is my father, so I think he’s trying to help me start building something. I know considering the % of his subsidizing, he is due more than the initial principle.

I basically wrote off my money, which I tend to do whenever I lend/invest it. I always do so under the belief I’ll never see it again, and generally don’t think about it aside cursory glances here and there.

I'm saving money to open a little food house where we can save food waste so it can be used by deserve ones.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 shellcase86

@sophiagracy_1 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@shellcase86 said:
@MirkoS77 said:
@shellcase86 said:

Hertz.

It was actually $4,500 (principle), someone subsidized me and my account is currently at $18k. I loaned somebody some $$$, and he is being a mukabbir best school.

I'm saving money to open a little food house where we can save food waste so it can be used by deserve ones.

Awesome use of space to help out others. Plans to network to help increase your supply?

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#42  Edited By Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts
@hallenbeck77 said:

Me and my husband have been trying to do that for 25 years.. We're still renting. He's just turned 50 and I'm 47 in February..!!

Cost of living and rent is way too high. We're trapped where we live at the moment as everywhere we look rent is about £1.000+ per month and they're mostly non furnished. :-(

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

Yes, retirement.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By brimmul777

@Peasly: Sorry for being nosy,but what part of the world do you live in? Meaning what country? I live in Western Canada and my rent is about $1,200 a month,pretty cheap compared to some places in Canada.

Peasly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#45 Peasly
Member since 2004 • 554 Posts

@brimmul777: The North West of the UK. We pay £800 per month at the moment but that's only because the rent has not gone up since we moved in here 9 years ago.

Avatar image for winniethepoohst
winniethepoohst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 winniethepoohst
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

Disney World!

Avatar image for winniethepoohst
winniethepoohst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 winniethepoohst
Member since 2021 • 2 Posts

and I'm almost finished!

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38684 Posts

currently: getting our basement finished

Poarstman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Poarstman
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

Just got done assessing the what sectors to invest in starting next year ... I'm particularly seeing some potential in real estate,energy and commodities