Have any conspiracy theories been proven real?

• 68 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8345 Posts
@Jag85 said:

@sargentd: In that case, that's at least two conspiracy theories he got right. He comes up with so many conspiracy theories that a few of them are bound to land even if the rest completely miss the mark.

The thing about Alex Jones is he's not usually making up anything, im sure he has at some point but most of the time hes just regurgitating information he's found. The guy really does just research tons of obscene shit to talk about. The guy is compulsive, obsessive, and his brain seems to run at 1000 mph like.. hes got issues, and hes an alcoholic. But I wouldnt say he just "making up things out of his head, I used to listen to him around 2008-2016. Not because i found him to be some super accurate reporter, hes not news or a journalist lol, he was just so damn entertaining to listen to because he talks about literally anything and everything and he puts so much energy into everything he talks about.

His podcasts with Joe Rogan pretty much compress what Alex Jones is all about, like in 2 hours of them talking you can pretty much figure out what AJ has been doing his entire life. He's absolutely out there, he is more right than he is wrong, the guy has specific interest in talking about stuff most mainstream outlets refuse to touch with a 10 ft pole and thats what makes him different. He talks about alot of real stuff, that actually isnt hidden.. its out there, its just not widely talked about (not talking about sandy hook, we all know thats what ruined the guy and he has apologized for it like a million times now)

still one of the greatest's podcast episodes in internet history

Loading Video...

Loading Video...
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

But that's just Murphy's Law in effect

It's just way too late in the game to be stuck in this mental loop.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19675 Posts
@sargentd said:

The thing about Alex Jones is he's not usually making up anything, im sure he has at some point but most of the time hes just regurgitating information he's found. The guy really does just research tons of obscene shit to talk about. The guy is compulsive, obsessive, and his brain seems to run at 1000 mph like.. hes got issues, and hes an alcoholic. But I wouldnt say he just "making up things out of his head, I used to listen to him around 2008-2016. Not because i found him to be some super accurate reporter, hes not news or a journalist lol, he was just so damn entertaining to listen to because he talks about literally anything and everything and he puts so much energy into everything he talks about.

His podcasts with Joe Rogan pretty much compress what Alex Jones is all about, like in 2 hours of them talking you can pretty much figure out what AJ has been doing his entire life. He's absolutely out there, he is more right than he is wrong, the guy has specific interest in talking about stuff most mainstream outlets refuse to touch with a 10 ft pole and thats what makes him different. He talks about alot of real stuff, that actually isnt hidden.. its out there, its just not widely talked about (not talking about sandy hook, we all know thats what ruined the guy and he has apologized for it like a million times now)

My take on Alex Jones:

Young Alex Jones during the Bush era of the early 2000s was a smart guy. A few of his theories from back then were on-point. His 9/11 prediction from mid-2001 played out exactly as he predicted: Osama attacks World Trade Center and then Bush uses that as a pretence for war in the Middle East. Alex couldn't have come up with that prediction himself, but someone with connections to the CIA must've tipped him off about the 9/11 plot. Young Alex Jones was also right about a few other stuff at the time, like the Iraq WMD story being fake as well as Israel's war crimes in Palestine, both of which were being concealed by the Western media at the time.

But some time during the Obama era from the late 2000s onwards, old Alex Jones lost his sanity and became a madman. He completely lost the plot, thinking everything is a false flag. Most of his conspiracy theories from the 2010s turned out to be false (most infamously the Sandy Hook conspiracy). He lost all credibility and it became hard to take anything he says seriously. Maybe he just became senile and turned into that "old man yells at cloud" Simpsons meme.

I haven't watched that Joe Rogan episode. I might check it out some time when I have the time.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58463 Posts
@nod_calypse said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

But that's just Murphy's Law in effect

It's just way too late in the game to be stuck in this mental loop.

What do you mean by "too late in the game"? That I'm just writing it off? Nah man, I'm not writing it off. I'm just not blowing it out of proportion.

Preposterous things happen because we let preposterous people prosper (yay alliteration!). It's not some grand conspiracy theory or world takeover by globalists 😋

Like they said in the film Men in Black: "A [individual] person is smart. [Groups of] people are dumb animals". That's all this is.

Individually we will look at the man and say "Wow, this man is a.) a Yale legacy that didn't earn his education, b.) only got this job because his dad is a senator, and c.) is obviously crazy, we should d.) therefore not let him in charge of anything at the CIA" but instead we look at it collectively and go "Yale grad! He must be good! Put him in charge of the chemical weapons division!"

This is because none of us are really taught from a young age to think critically.

No instead we just turn what we don't know into a fairy tale and double down on it.

@Jag85 said:
@sargentd said:

The thing about Alex Jones is he's not usually making up anything...

My take on Alex Jones:

Young Alex Jones during the Bush era of the early 2000s was a smart guy. A few of his theories from back then were on-point. His 9/11 prediction from mid-2001 played out exactly as he predicted: Osama attacks World Trade Center and then Bush uses that as a pretence for war in the Middle East. Alex couldn't have come up with that prediction himself, but someone with connections to the CIA must've tipped him off about the 9/11 plot. Young Alex Jones was also right about a few other stuff at the time, like the Iraq WMD story being fake as well as Israel's war crimes in Palestine, both of which were being concealed by the Western media at the time.

But some time during the Obama era from the late 2000s onwards, old Alex Jones lost his sanity and became a madman. He completely lost the plot, thinking everything is a false flag. Most of his conspiracy theories from the 2010s turned out to be false (most infamously the Sandy Hook conspiracy). He lost all credibility and it became hard to take anything he says seriously. Maybe he just became senile and turned into that "old man yells at cloud" Simpsons meme.

I haven't watched that Joe Rogan episode. I might check it out some time when I have the time.

While you're at it I suggest looking into the podcast "Knowledge Fight"; it critiques and pokes fun of (rightfully) Alex Jones and other far-right crazies.

Please do not give Alex Jones a drop of credit, or traffic or ad revenue for that matter. If he is right about things, it is by virtue of prattling off so many half-assed observations that one or two need to be right every now and then. Oh he was right about 9/11? So were a lot of other people.

Jones is an absolutely hateful person that hosts neo-nazis, bigots, and other monsters. Jones is also a habitual liar that constantly misleads his audience and (as shown with the Sandy Hook lawsuit he lost) causes them to take hostile action against innocent people.

Jones is everything that is wrong with the modern world in terms of lies, media, social media, and more.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1032 Posts
@sargentd said:

Trump-Russia was said to be a conspiracy theory after Hillary Clinton lost 2016. And yet...the muller investigation that went for nearly 3 years found no evidence of Trump Russia collusion to steal the election.. so the media changed the narrative to saying Russian troll farms on social media were influencing people posting memes and disinfo

Most conspiracy theories are indeed fake, just not the example you gave. Jan 6th being setup by the FBI and/or being peaceful, The Great Replacement theory, Biden stealing 2020, Biden illegal business dealings, Trump QAnon reinstating as POTUS, Pizza Gate, Sandy Hook crisis actors, most George Soros nonsense, Jewish Space Lazers, Obama Birthirism, Hillary murders, Obama gay sex, Covid being like the Flu, 9/11 Truthers, UFO Alien coverups, Covid vaccine killing people in mass, Vaccines and 5g, Vaccines and autism, etc. All lunatic fake stuff.

But what you wrote above was just false,

1. Trump - Russia collusion wasn't a conspiracy theory and was real according to government reports. It just wasn't illegal. This is quite different from being "not real",

Senate Panel Details Ties Between 2016 Trump Campaign and Russia - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

2. Russian interference in the 2016 election to help Trump was not a pivot, it was also being investigated from the start in 2016. It was real and a huge problem. They wanted him to win because they knew how much turmoil he would cause (and they were right, he was a disaster.)

Senate panel finds Russia interfered in the 2016 U.S. election | PBS NewsHour

Lets get back to talking about examples of fiction rather than making up our very own lies ITT, mkay?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#56 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58463 Posts

@sargentd said:
@Jag85 said:

@sargentd: In that case, that's at least two conspiracy theories he got right. He comes up with so many conspiracy theories that a few of them are bound to land even if the rest completely miss the mark.

Just when I think you can't get any worse, you come in here praising Alex Jones.

Good god.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23049 Posts

@mrbojangles25: You just don't understand him, his brain runs at (checks post above) 1000 mph, far above ours.

/s

Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

What do you mean by "too late in the game"?

You'll just feel insulted, and I'm really not trying to do that. It's just tiring. The whole thing. If you can't see the bend against you by now, against all of us, as in monolithic, then, hell. God help you.

It always turns into an Alex Jones thing. Which is exactly why dude was given that role.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By SargentD
@mattbbpl said:

@mrbojangles25: You just don't understand him, his brain runs at (checks post above) 1000 mph, far above ours.

/s

Wasn't a reference to IQ, more like someone that has very fast pace train of thought. Seriously. The guy can talk and cant get everything out of his his head any faster, he's going to give himself a heart attack.

I'm not saying he's smarter than everyone

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@Jag85 said:

Just when I think you can't get any worse, you come in here praising Alex Jones.

Good god.

Bro if you haven't seen the 911 JRE episode you are missing out, greatest podcast episode ever. Spotify are cowards for taking it off the platform. Still on JRE YouTube tho

Most epic podcast episode ever idc w/e anyone thinks lol

Edit: also come on... you can't have an ambiguous conspiracy thread and not expect someone to bring him up 😆

DanishAnwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By DanishAnwar
Member since 2023 • 343 Posts

@Jag85: I believe you shouldn't blindly follow any theory even published in peer review journals without carrying out your own research.

A lot of journals have hidden agenda as many popular ones have large agencies especially pharmaceutical firms as donors.

The fact is research methods can be easily manipulated to put forward a particular view. That's why I suggested everyone should become a research scholar to critically evaluate scientific theories and claims. This is particularly true for theories related to social and health sciences as the data and methods can be easily manipulated.

I enrolled in a doctoral program a decade ago to productively spend my spare time while working. And it was worth every minute as it opened my eyes to reality.

Completing Masters is not enough. I suggest every one of you should at least complete doctoral courses so that you know how these theories are created and can be manipulated.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Jag85
@mrbojangles25 said:

While you're at it I suggest looking into the podcast "Knowledge Fight"; it critiques and pokes fun of (rightfully) Alex Jones and other far-right crazies.

Please do not give Alex Jones a drop of credit, or traffic or ad revenue for that matter. If he is right about things, it is by virtue of prattling off so many half-assed observations that one or two need to be right every now and then. Oh he was right about 9/11? So were a lot of other people.

Jones is an absolutely hateful person that hosts neo-nazis, bigots, and other monsters. Jones is also a habitual liar that constantly misleads his audience and (as shown with the Sandy Hook lawsuit he lost) causes them to take hostile action against innocent people.

Jones is everything that is wrong with the modern world in terms of lies, media, social media, and more.

My point is that Alex Jones wasn't always the extreme far-right nutcase that he is today. Back in the 2000s, his political views were fairly moderate. A few of his viewpoints back then could even be considered left-wing stances. But then some time around 2010, he became completely deranged and moved very far-right. That's why I made a clear distinction between young Alex Jones and old Alex Jones.

Who else predicted 9/11 before it happened? The only ones I'm aware of were Alex Jones and some other guy (forgot his name), but that's about it. Not sure where you're getting "a lot of other people" from.

My point is that people can change. Some for the better, and some for the worse. Jones, unfortunately, definitely changed for the worse (far worse).

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Jag85
@danishanwar said:

@Jag85: I believe you shouldn't blindly follow any theory even published in peer review journals without carrying out your own research.

A lot of journals have hidden agenda as many popular ones have large agencies especially pharmaceutical firms as donors.

The fact is research methods can be easily manipulated to put forward a particular view. That's why I suggested everyone should become a research scholar to critically evaluate scientific theories and claims. This is particularly true for theories related to social and health sciences as the data and methods can be easily manipulated.

I enrolled in a doctoral program a decade ago to productively spend my spare time while working. And it was worth every minute as it opened my eyes to reality.

Completing Masters is not enough. I suggest every one of you should at least complete doctoral courses so that you know how these theories are created and can be manipulated.

The whole point of science is that you're not supposed to have blind faith in a scientific theory. To have blind faith in a scientific theory defeats the whole purpose of the scientific method.

Sure, some journals and academics may have political agendas. But that's the whole point of peer review. It allows other academics in the field to scrutinize your work and put your theories to the test.

What is your doctorate and masters in? If you have the qualifications for it and have conducted your own scientific experiments, then why not just submit it for publication in a peer-reviewed journal?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

UFO's coverup is a conspiracy, but is guaranteed to be real. Why/How? Go outside and look at the sky. Its infinite out there. If this is not sci fi enough for you, i don't know what you want from me.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46547 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

UFO's coverup is a conspiracy, but is guaranteed to be real. Why/How? Go outside and look at the sky. Its infinite out there. If this is not sci fi enough for you, i don't know what you want from me.

I like the theory where aliens exist, they just don't wanna bother getting into contact with us.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Jag85
@R4gn4r0k said:
@hardwenzen said:

I like the theory where aliens exist, they just don't wanna bother getting into contact with us.

It's not really a conspiracy that alien life could possibly exist somewhere in the universe. There's estimated to be at least over a trillion planets in the universe. It's plausible that alien life could exist on at least a few of those planets. But if alien life does exist, they'd probably be at least millions of light years away, so the possibility of alien life making contact with us is extremely unlikely.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23049 Posts

@Jag85: Right, so far that speed of light barrier looks virtually insurmountable.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Jag85

@mattbbpl: Faster-than-light communication is a scientific theory being investigated in quantum mechanics, but I don't think it's been been proven yet. If we haven't been able to achieve faster-than-light communication ourselves, then it's extremely unlikely that alien life on a planet millions of light years away would be able to achieve it either. That's when you start stepping into sci-fi and conspiracy theory territory.