Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

Another one bites the dust. Tom Emmer's nomination lasted only a few hours after meeting pushback from Trump and 2 dozen House Republicans.

Trump made the guy drop out before it even got a chance for a vote 😆 🤣

Loading Video...

Greatest president.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23993 Posts

Thank you for reminding us that the Republican Party is a cult of personality, worshipping a convicted criminal, possibly even a Felon.

Who also happens to be considered one of the worst presidents in US history by historians. In the bottom 5.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SargentD

@Maroxad said:

Thank you for reminding us that the Republican Party is a cult of personality, worshipping a convicted criminal, possibly even a Felon.

Who also happens to be considered one of the worst presidents in US history by historians. In the bottom 5.

Best president in my lifetime

Trump 2024

It's been insane watching the democrats go after him the way they have.

Loading Video...

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

@sargentd: If true, then I imagine you'd love Russia, China, North Korea, Turkey etc. We Americans don't want those types of leaders which is why the American people fired his fat ass.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By SargentD
@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: If true, then I imagine you'd love Russia, China, North Korea, Turkey etc. We Americans don't want those types of leaders which is why the American people fired his fat ass.

Joe Biden has failed. His presidency has been a gigantic failure. Nothing has gotten better, only worse.

America will vote Trumps fat ass back into the white house to clean this shit up. Suck it up buttercup

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Joe Biden has failed. His presidency has been a gigantic failure. Nothing has gotten better, only worse.

America will vote Trumps fat ass back into the white house to clean this shit up. Suck it up buttercup

That's false. You're following the propaganda narrative. We aren't embarrassed on the world stage as we were with trump. Economy has improved, most jobs created in recent years, infrastructure bill was passed, and we don't have to hear tantrums every day from the WH. There's more but you are ignoring reality so I'm not wasting time writing it. Turn off your echo chamber and start reading from experts.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

That's false. You're following the propaganda narrative. We aren't embarrassed on the world stage as we were with trump. Economy has improved, most jobs created in recent years, infrastructure bill was passed, and we don't have to hear tantrums every day from the WH. There's more but you are ignoring reality so I'm not wasting time writing it. Turn off your echo chamber and start reading from experts.

Your experts are propagandists for the current administration.

"Not embarrassed on the world stage" LOL as if Biden is respected, we have war breaking out in the middle east and Russia decided this is a great time to invade Ukraine. This is the kind of shit that happens when America looks WEAK on the world stage, what shows we are more respected?? The world collectively pushing towards BRICS instead of the US dollar, is that being "respected on the world stage???

Economy has improved compared to what??? The middle of covid when we forced businesses to shut down?? Inflation is atrocious, basics goods/groceries are more expensive than ever, building materials still high, interest rates on mortgages and credit cards through the roof. Yo... I hope democrats keep pushing this lie to my fellow Americans that the Economy is doing great!! I hope you die on that hill. Love it. It's "Biden-omics" baby.

And I find it hilarious you fear monger Trumps name to the likes of China, Russia, turkey, and North Korea. When it's democrats actively selling us out to China. Gavin Newsome litteraly meet with china's leader to shill how we are going to buy all of our EVs from them and get rid of our ICE vehicles!! What a joke!!!

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: Thanks for the corroboration but I didn't need it.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1045 Posts
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Your experts are propagandists for the current administration.

This thread topic is about a clear and obvious GOP screw up....and this guy makes a bullshit Q-Anon list against Democrats.

Spin and derailment, automatic Ls. 😊

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Robertos

Looks like a far right extremist won,

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/mike-johnson-house-speaker-republican-nominee-what-know-rcna122114

Lmao against weed legalizations, against gay marriage, against abortion, climate denier, and tried to over turn the 2020 election etc. What a backwards party.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:

Best president in my lifetime

Trump 2024

It's been insane watching the democrats go after him the way they have.

Loading Video...

lol. He lost 3 million jobs, spent $7 trillion in 4 years, and left office with a recession, after mismanaging the biggest pandemic in modern history. If that's what you guys consider success, no wonder why you write all the absurd stuff you write. JFC...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Maroxad

Yeah, I don't expect much to be done with the house any time soon. Far right extremists cannot govern, let alone form coalitions.

@sargentd said:

No he hasn't.

There is a reason, his presidency is fairly well regarded by experts.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Robertos

House Speaker Mike Johnson Doubts Climate Science - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

wtf?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23055 Posts

@robertos: I mean, he also thinks the Earth is less than 10,000 years old. The bar is real low.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Maroxad
@mattbbpl said:

@robertos: I mean, he also thinks the Earth is less than 10,000 years old. The bar is real low.

Young Earth Creationists are still a thing? As if creationism wasn't ridiculous enough.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 mattbbpl

@Maroxad: Oh yeah, there are three within my friend circle.

I love them dearly even though they're ridiculous, lol.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SargentD
@Maroxad said:
@mattbbpl said:

Young Earth Creationists are still a thing? As if creationism wasn't ridiculous enough.

Idgaf if he believes dinosaurs are angels as long as he cuts the **** out of these spending bills and tries to get inflation under control.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 LJS9502_basic

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@mattbbpl said:

Idgaf if he believes dinosaurs are angels as long as he cuts the **** out of these spending bills and tries to get inflation under control.

How about we remove the tax cuts for the wealthy? That pays the bills.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@mattbbpl said:

Idgaf if he believes dinosaurs are angels

Exactly the kind of people we need running the country. 😅

The problem is when they use this psychotic bullshit to inform their policy. Like his climate denial, which is several times more damaging than whatever subjective grievances you have.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By SargentD
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@mattbbpl said:

How about we remove the tax cuts for the wealthy? That pays the bills.

Wouldn't put a single dent in it.

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:
@mattbbpl said:

Idgaf if he believes dinosaurs are angels

Exactly the kind of people we need running the country. 😅

The problem is when they use this psychotic bullshit to inform their policy. Like his climate denial, which is several times more damaging than whatever subjective grievances you have.

Rather have a speaker that doesn't belive in climate change but is fiscally responsible than one who believes in climate change and thinks that the US dollar can be infinitely printed/spent without consequences.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Maroxad
@sargentd said:

I prefer it if politicians have some resemblance of critical thinking skills.

Young Earth Creationism is easily refuted by simply looking out in the night sky. Besides, when we have politicians who mistrust science to the point they fall for something that contradicts every field of science (from biology, to physics, to astronomy to chemistry) and history. I cannot trust them to make informed decisions.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By LJS9502_basic

@sargentd: It would put a dent in it. Quite a large one. But if you want more, I'd be okay with cutting corporate welfare.

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

Young Earth Creationism is easily refuted by simply looking out in the night sky. Besides, when we have politicians who mistrust science to the point they fall for something that contradicts every field of science (from biology, to physics, to astronomy to chemistry) and history. I cannot trust them to make informed decisions.

He must like stupid people for and his leaders being totally clueless. I rather have intelligent, educated people in charge.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Silentchief  Online
Member since 2021 • 7059 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

This is hillarious coming from you 🤣

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Maroxad

@LJS9502_basic said:

@sargentd: It would put a dent in it. Quite a large one. But if you want more, I'd be okay with cutting corporate welfare.

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

He must like stupid people for and his leaders being totally clueless. I rather have intelligent, educated people in charge.

Pretty sure that is most Trump supporters and MAGA type republicans. That is how people like Marjorie Taylor Greene get in power.

Simply having the right agenda is not good enough. They must also be knowledgeable so they can implement the policies I want correctly. Trump is of course the complete opposite. Proposing Freedom cities with flying cars. Showing how he has no grasp on how neither cities or energy works.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Silentchief  Online
@LJS9502_basic said:
@sargentd said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And here we are with record inflation a market that still isn't at Pre-covid levels and two wars that conveintantly happened while Biden was in office. One of which was a direct result of his botched exit of Afghanistan. He is one of the worst Presidents in History.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Maroxad

@silentchief: Unlike you, I base my scientific understanding on what the experts in relevant fields have to say. Which is why you are dead wrong about damn near everything, and I am pretty consistent with our best understanding we have as a species (I do of course have a lot to learn).

But regardless, what does any of that have to do with the fact that the Republicans just voted for a climate change denier who blames mass shootings on the teaching of evolution?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By LJS9502_basic
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

And here we are with record inflation a market that still isn't at Pre-covid levels and two wars that conveintantly happened while Biden was in office. One of which was a direct result of his botched exit of Afghanistan. He is one of the worst Presidents in History.

Where you sleeping when covid hit and the world shut down? It's not US inflation, it's global. The US has handled inflation better than many other countries. The Russia invasion of Ukraine was planned when trump was in. But nonetheless, the US is not the cause of either war. You need to get over your complex that everything revolves around the US.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Maroxad
@LJS9502_basic said:

Where you sleeping when covid hit and the world shut down? It's not US inflation, it's global. The US has handled inflation better than many other countries. The Russia invasion of Ukraine was planned when trump was in. But nonetheless, the US is not the cause of either war. You need to get over your complex that everything revolves around the US.

The fact that people don't realize that the COVID inflation is global baffles me.

When Biden took over, the USD was around 8.3 Swedish Krona. Now it is 11 SEK. Over the Trump Administration, the Swedish Krona was actually gaining on the Dollar, About 8.9 -> 8.3.

Granted, part of this could be due to our horribly incompetent right wing government.

Edit: In Sweden, the Sweden Democrat supporters, are blaming the Green Party for the inflation, despite them only holding 18 out of 349 seats.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mattbbpl

Protip: you can write off anyone who says we still have "record inflation" as completely uninformed. That has not been the case for a good while now.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Silentchief  Online

@LJS9502_basic said:
@silentchief said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's been three years. They told us it was transitory🤣. Putin would have never invaded Ukraine while Trump was in office and where do you think Hamas got the weapons they are bombing Israel with?

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Robertos
@sargentd said:

Rather have a speaker that doesn't belive in climate change but is fiscally responsible than one who believes in climate change and that the US dollar can be infinitely printed/spent without consequences.

Nah. Also, now you're just going to have both someone who doesn't believe in climate change (lmao stupid ass GOP) and someone who isn't fiscally responsible (yes, tax cuts for the rich count as that). 🤣

So anyway yeah I don't want my leaders being bat shit insane, again climate denial is several times more dangerous than your subjective complaints.

This Mike guy seems like a total psycho.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Silentchief  Online
@Maroxad said:

@silentchief: Unlike you, I base my scientific understanding on what the experts in relevant fields have to say. Which is why you are dead wrong about damn near everything, and I am pretty consistent with our best understanding we have as a species (I do of course have a lot to learn).

But regardless, what does any of that have to do with the fact that the Republicans just voted for a climate change denier who blames mass shootings on the teaching of evolution?

I have watched you argue yourself into knots and look like an absolute clown on certain issues.

You're the one that brought up science abd critical thinking skills and the Democrats haven't been any better.

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Robertos
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

It seems this post made no sense, because the other side just isn't nearly as anti-science. Papers suggest this is something primarily attributed to conservatives and someone randomly flipping it on it's head is just kind of....well....fake.

Gauchat calls this divergence of trust in science “a breakdown of this postwar consensus [about science] along sociopolitical lines.”82He interprets this breakdown in ideological terms: conservatives turned against science while liberals did not.

From Anti-Government to Anti-Science: Why Conservatives Have Turned Against Science | Daedalus | MIT Press

Partisans divided over government science funding in U.S. | Pew Research Center

Hopefully Speaker Mikey starts getting an understanding of 5th grades science, and soon. Dude is embarrassing lol.

@silentchief said:

You're the one that brought up science abd critical thinking skills and the Democrats haven't been any better.

This is false on a purely fact based level, as the above data points to. And on FAR more important topics as well.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Silentchief  Online
@robertos said:
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

It seems this post made no sense, because the other side just isn't nearly as anti-science. Papers suggest this is something primarily attributed to conservatives and someone randomly flipping it on it's head is just kind of....well....fake.

Gauchat calls this divergence of trust in science “a breakdown of this postwar consensus [about science] along sociopolitical lines.”82He interprets this breakdown in ideological terms: conservatives turned against science while liberals did not.

From Anti-Government to Anti-Science: Why Conservatives Have Turned Against Science | Daedalus | MIT Press

Partisans divided over government science funding in U.S. | Pew Research Center

Hopefully Speaker Mikey starts getting an understanding of 5th grades science, and soon. Dude is embarrassing lol.

@silentchief said:

This is false on a purely fact based level, as the above data points to. And on FAR more important topics as well.

Zaryia why were you banned?

Was it because you spammed outdated or irrelevant links?

Democrats acknowledge climate change and yet cannot come up with one reasonable solution to solve it.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 SargentD

@robertos said:
@sargentd said:

Rather have a speaker that doesn't belive in climate change but is fiscally responsible than one who believes in climate change and that the US dollar can be infinitely printed/spent without consequences.

Nah. Also, now you're just going to have both someone who doesn't believe in climate change (lmao stupid ass GOP) and someone who isn't fiscally responsible (yes, tax cuts for the rich count as that). 🤣

So anyway yeah I don't want my leaders being bat shit insane, again climate denial is several times more dangerous than your subjective complaints.

This Mike guy seems like a total psycho.

Climate Change is no where as important as making sure the US dollar doesn't collapse.

Anyone who thinks climate change is more important is a nimrod.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mattbbpl

@sargentd: Doesn't collapse? Guys, you gotta stop listening to con men selling gold.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SargentD
@mattbbpl said:

@sargentd: Doesn't collapse? Guys, you gotta stop listening to con men selling gold.

How about I word it this way.

"So that the US dollar isn't devalued to the point where it's not the world's leading currency"

That sound better?

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By mattbbpl

@sargentd: Then I reiterate my previous response.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By SargentD

@mattbbpl: if you think that's impossible and could never happen think again

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By mattbbpl

@sargentd: If you think that's what's happening now or that it would be a catastrophe, then I don't know what to tell you.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SargentD

@mattbbpl: let's talk about what's going on now then.

"The US's $33 trillion debt mountain is bound to grow even larger – and policymakers and legislators can't rely on the economy simply growing its way out of its debt problems, according to the Peter G. Peterson Foundation.

The research group, which is a nonpartisan organization dedicated to monitoring and spreading awareness of fiscal issues facing the US, pointed to the ballooning public debt balance, with the US debt-to-GDP ratio hitting 97% at the end of the year.

Debt-to-GDP is expected to notch 98% by the end of 2023, according to projections from the Congressional Budget Office. At that pace, the US is on track to rack up debt equal to 107% of GDP by 2029, the highest debt-to-GDP ratio ever recorded, the foundation said.

The nation's debt-to-GDP ratio hit an all-time-record in the years following World War II, with the public debt amounting to 106% of GDP in 1946. That ratio slumped over the following decades due to a cocktail of amiable market conditions and a post-war economic boom – but there's no way that's happening this time, researchers said.

"Given current projections for large primary deficits, demographic trends, and Federal Reserve policy focusing on controlling inflation, the United States should not be expected to grow out of its debt simply through rapid growth of GDP," researchers said in a note on Wednesday. "As a result, approaching an all-time high for the debt-to-GDP ratio should be a wakeup call for lawmakers, and there are many available policy solutions designed for the current fiscal and economic outlook.

The US can't grow its way out of its $33 trillion debt mountain, research group says

The US can't rely on growth to avoid dealing with its $33 trillion debt mountain, according to researchers.

The government is on track to hit a record-high debt-to-GDP ratio by 2029.

The US's $33 trillion debt mountain is bound to grow even larger – and policymakers and legislators can't rely on the economy simply growing its way out of its debt problems, according to the Peter G. Peterson Foundation.

The research group, which is a nonpartisan organization dedicated to monitoring and spreading awareness of fiscal issues facing the US, pointed to the ballooning public debt balance, with the US debt-to-GDP ratio hitting 97% at the end of the 2022.

Debt-to-GDP is expected to notch 98% by the end of 2023, according to projections from the Congressional Budget Office. At that pace, the US is on track to rack up debt equal to 107% of GDP by 2029, the highest debt-to-GDP ratio ever recorded, the foundation said.

The nation's debt-to-GDP ratio hit an all-time-record in the years following World War II, with the public debt amounting to 106% of GDP in 1946. That ratio slumped over the following decades due to a cocktail of amiable market conditions and a post-war economic boom – but there's no way that's happening this time, researchers said.

"Given current projections for large primary deficits, demographic trends, and Federal Reserve policy focusing on controlling inflation, the United States should not be expected to grow out of its debt simply through rapid growth of GDP," researchers said in a note on Wednesday. "As a result, approaching an all-time high for the debt-to-GDP ratio should be a wakeup call for lawmakers.

The US's World War II debt was largely brought down by primary surpluses in the national budget, as well as the Fed putting a ceiling on Treasury and bond yields, which kept the government's cost of borrowing artificially low. That was supplemented by a boom in economic growth, which boosted US GDP.

Though US GDP is expected to grow an eye-popping 5.4% over the third quarter, the government doesn't on track to reduce its budget deficit anytime soon. Lawmakers have yet to agree on a new budget for the fiscal year, making a shutdown event in 2023 still likely.

Meanwhile, the Fed has warned that interest rates will stay higher-for-longer as it keeps a close eye on inflation. Recently, Fed Chair Powell even said the central bank would let the current volatility in the bond market play out, despite the 10-year US Treasury yield briefly touching 5% this week.

That spells bad news for borrowers — including the US government. Higher rates and bond yields could make US debt servicing costs increasingly unsustainable, experts say, with the interest expense on the national debt potentially rising to a new record by 2025, Goldman Sachs estimated.

Not to mention, the government has a whopping $7.6 trillion of debt that's about to mature over the next year – a sum 31% of the US's total debt balance.

Mounting fears over the US debt means the government could have trouble finding buyers for Treasurys. That could lead to failed Treasury auctions, according to one Columbia Business School professor, wherein the Fed would have to step in to buy US debt securities, a move that could end up fanning inflation further."

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SargentD

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Maroxad said:
@sargentd said:

No it really wouldn't put a dent in it man.

And I'll say the thing that no politician is allowed to say.

The only way we will ever be able to actually balance the budget... is to cut social security and Medicare.

No politician would ever run on that but it's the truth. It's literally impossible to balance the budget without cutting those 2 things.

Defense is even a way smaller slither of the budget compared to those 2 things.

Ironically if a democrat or republican would ever say that.. actually admit that's the only way, they would never win public office lol but it's the truth.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By SargentD
Loading Video...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#97 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19599 Posts

@sargentd said:

The only way we will ever be able to actually balance the budget... is to cut social security and Medicare.

No politician would ever run on that but it's the truth. It's literally impossible to balance the budget without cutting those 2 things.

Ironically if a democrat or republican would ever say that.. actually admit that's the only way, they would never win public office lol but it's the truth.

Of course they wouldn't win public office. It would be idiotic for the USA to cut Medicare and social security. If the USA wants to be considered a first world nation, then those are exactly the sorts of safety nets you'd expect it to provide for its citizens - especially given the terrible state of your healthcare system and the current cost of living crisis.

If your concern is balancing the budget, why not find a better way to tax megacorporations and the various billionaires in your country. That seems like a good starting point.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By SargentD

@Planeforger said:
@sargentd said:

Of course they wouldn't win public office. It would be idiotic for the USA to cut Medicare and social security. If the USA wants to be considered a first world nation, then those are exactly the sorts of safety nets you'd expect it to provide for its citizens - especially given the terrible state of your healthcare system and the current cost of living crisis.

If your concern is balancing the budget, why not find a better way to tax megacorporations and the various billionaires in your country. That seems like a good starting point.

Math isn't there, tax all the billionaires you want, hell just go full commie and take all money from all the billionaires in America, taxing them wouldn't put a dent in it. You could take all thier wealth. Every dollar. Leave every billionaire in America homeless.

We might be able to cover medicare for one year LOL....

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Maroxad
@silentchief said:
@Maroxad said:

I have watched you argue yourself into knots and look like an absolute clown on certain issues.

Democrats do SIGNIFICANTLY better on science issues. This is undeniable. No idea why you tried deflecting to the democrats when the topic is about the Speaker of the House (who is now a young earth creationist). It is almost like you know that his anti-science attitude is completely indefensible and you are desperately trying to worm yourself out of it. It isn't working.

Edit: The only areas where democrats might be more anti-science than republicans at this point is in GMOs and Nuclear (and even this seems to be changing, as left wingers are more and more willing to embrace them).

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Maroxad
@sargentd said:
@Planeforger said:

Math isn't there, tax all the billionaires you want, hell just go full commie and take all money from all the billionaires in America, taxing them wouldn't put a dent in it. You could take all thier wealth. Every dollar. Leave every billionaire in America homeless.

We might be able to cover medicare for one year LOL....

Europe has a single payer system, and they are getting superior results with lower health expenditure.

And before you blame it on diets, exercise, unhealthy living or whatever, we have found a cause-effect relationship as to why it reduces spending,

Which is why it would be cheaper.

Edit: Every other industrialized country can afford universal healthcare and enjoy longer lives as a result. Do you have so little faith in America, that it cannot afford a single payer system? So much for "America First".