DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8785 Posts

This looks nothing like the game except maybe Sweet Tooth. Not worth it imo.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58504 Posts

Wait this is actually a real thing? I thought it was a joke.

Holy crap we get a show before we get a game? After how many years? Like 20?

*sigh*

with that said, this actually looks pretty fun. Stupid, but fun.

I just hope this isn't a new trend we see in shows after TLOU's success, except instead of getting a really, really good game's IP and turning it into a really, really good show that's actually better than the game, we instead get a room of executives going "Hey let's make a video game adaptation, but let's not spend a lot. What's a nostalgic game we can get the rights to for cheap that hasn't been relevant for a couple decades?" and then the 40-year old gamer in the back says "Ooooooh Twisted Metal!" like this is his time to shine.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59324 Posts

Looks kinda terrible.

SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14824 Posts

So that’s the reason why it took so long to get Twisted Metal 1 and 2 in the PS store. I hate the show already.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

A twisted metal video game would be cool

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44682 Posts

Ick, Peacock, I hated trying to sign into that app even when it was free through my cable provider, truly one of the worst, and now they wanna charge money, no thanks.

HBO Max used to be the second worse, mostly because the sign-in URL was wrong, like apps would direct people to .../tvsignin and I had to figure out it's actually .../tv-sign-in. My brother and father used to work for the cable company working from home with customer service, this was a common cause of complaint. I had to dig through a lot of forum threads until I came across one that pointed this problem out with the solution.

Anyhow, if Peacock didn't suck so much I'd give this a try, just to see.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7356 Posts

@mrbojangles25: It's been 11 years. Which, is still a long ass time.

Not many people played the 2012 reboot, but I liked it a lot.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#8 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59324 Posts

Related - I still think one of the dumbest things Blizzard (and in general game/movies) have done, was have a live action World Of Warcraft movie with larper looking fuckers, and a green-pea-faced off-brand Jennifer Lopez when the entire thing is basically a cartoon and had stunning CGI intros.

They literally had it in their hand, but decided (presumably and wrongly) animation would make less money.

Loading Video...

To this day still strikes me as massively idiotic.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

Forgot that was a thing. Can tell by the trailer it will suck. Subpar effects. Lame jokes that at most could make you chuckle a little. Regurgitated quirky inner monologue stuff. It's like I've already watched and disliked this before.

@uninspiredcup: lol, think about how huge the movie would've been if they didn't go with live action. They basically just had to do what they've always been doing, but a bit longer version of it. Dumb decisions is what new Blizzard does best.

Twisted Metal would work really well as a quirky cartoon with violence akin to the Spawn cartoon. Jokes+guts flying everywhere. Would've been great. Cheaper to make too.