Was the 1969 moon landing Real or Fake.

• 99 results
SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Poll Was the 1969 moon landing Real or Fake. (45 votes)

Of course it was real, I seen it! USA first on the moon! USA USA.. Dont believe in conspiracy theories 67%
Nah, that s*** look super fake, No way we were able to do that in 1969 and not go back.. 22%
not sure *Big Shug* 0%
Earth is Flat dummy 4%
Master Chiefs metal rear end 7%

Its a conspiracy that's been floated my whole life. used to argue with a good friend about it all the time back in the day. Used to think it was for sure real, now leaning more towards... might have been fake..

It is super weird we never went back, also the footage from 1969 isn't the most convincing to me (granted it was back in 1969.. cameras weren't all that...) but again 1969... how did we get to the moon but hadn't these bad of cameras...

what you guys think? This was during a time where multiple countries were competing to get there first, was it a farce? or the real deal?

• 
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14816 Posts

Fake

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23951 Posts

What is with the hyperbolic language in the polls?

But yes, the moon landing was real, that happened when the US invested heavily in NASA.

In fact, Humans landed on the moon not once, but 6 times. With the last time being in 1972. The reason we are not going to the moon anymore is because there isnt really any big point. The space race back was a cold war flex. Nowadays, interest is more in Mars.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 OmegaBlueUp
Member since 2006 • 501 Posts

@sargentd: man have gone back to the moon 5 separate times since the 1969 landing, they even set up a marker that can be found via a laser as proof. I guess there is a possibility that the first landing may have been faked but I think there is sufficient proof that man have gone to the moon at least once.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59180 Posts

We had to beat the Ruskies.

Fake.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

Not surprised the right is considering another conspiracy theory. Yes, it was real. Happened more than once.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58421 Posts

FFS it was real.

Borderline insulting to question it.

I almost stopped watching the movie Interstellar because during the parent-teacher conference scene the teacher was like "Oh the new textbooks are correct, the moon landing was fake" and I was just like "DUDE WTF!?"

@LJS9502_basic said:

Not surprised the right is considering another conspiracy theory. Yes, it was real. Happened more than once.

Anything to distract from their trend of losses, I guess?

Hmmm Ohio didn't---HEY WHAT's THAT!? Fake moon landing, everyone look!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrbojangles25

@sargentd: Candace Owens? REALLY DUDE!? 😂🤣

Unless she has a sex tape or something coming out, I don't want to hear or see that crazy-but-fine loon.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 OmegaBlueUp

@mrbojangles25: I've only recently seen anything about her (via YouTube shorts) and have been enjoying what I've seen. The video on the original post is the first I've seen that I completely disagree with. Like where did the idea that we never went back to the moon come from?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56276 Posts

Tinfoil hat is applied.

Avatar image for deactivated-661eae767772c
deactivated-661eae767772c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-661eae767772c
Member since 2022 • 245 Posts

Ah yes, Candace Owens. When is she going to come out claiming that Earth is flat?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mrbojangles25

@OmegaBlueUp said:

@mrbojangles25: I've only recently seen anything about her (via YouTube shorts) and have been enjoying what I've seen. The video on the original post is the first I've seen that I completely disagree with. Like where did the idea that we never went back to the moon come from?

It's a pretty old conspiracy theory, the problem is all these things we used to laugh at are being taken serious by a too-large percentage of the country since "trust in government" is at an all-time low these days.

Flat-earthers, fake moon landing, anti-vaxxers...we'd laugh and/or pity these nutjobs a few years ago, now we actually entertain their craziness as valid debate. Often because asslickers like Joe Rogan and Elon Musk grant them a stage. "Oh I'm just asking questions!"

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#12  Edited By madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

I once heard someone analysed the efforts and resources required to fake the moon landings, fake all the remains and evidences of the landings to be picked up by spacecrafts operated by other space agencies, and prevent leaks by any of the thousands of people who would work on the forgery, he concluded that it's probably easier to just jump on a rocket and actually go to the moon for real.

So yeah, whenever this topic comes up, I just assume it's trolling and laugh. And any time somebody believes it for real... ...I just laugh even harder.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3456 Posts

OMFG Sarge, switch off the fucking internet dude. 😂

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8317 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

@sargentd: Candace Owens? REALLY DUDE!? 😂🤣

Unless she has a sex tape or something coming out, I don't want to hear or see that crazy-but-fine loon.

Really just a bonus to add to the thread, pretend the video isn't there. Doesn't change the poll

Robertos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Robertos
Member since 2023 • 1023 Posts

@sargentd: Ehh this is the same crazy lady who said the Southern Strategy and Southern Switch weren't real. She's also a climate change denier.

This is probably the least offensive stuff she believes in 🤣

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SargentD
@Maroxad said:

But yes, the moon landing was real, that happened when the US invested heavily in NASA.

In fact, Humans landed on the moon not once, but 6 times. With the last time being in 1972. The reason we are not going to the moon anymore is because there isnt really any big point. The space race back was a cold war flex. Nowadays, interest is more in Mars.

Is that really a good reason we haven't gone back?

Like "hey we did it 50 years ago so we don't have to do it ever again."

What's up with that??

You would think with all the advances in technology we would have gone back atleast once.. and yeah Mars might be the next benchmark...

But if we want to send a rocket to land on Mars.. and put a man on mars.. I would think we would be practicing by putting people on the moon. Seems like the best practice you could get am I right?

You would think after landing on the moon 50 years ago, we'd be sending people up to the moon every year by now, until it becomes second nature.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SargentD

@kathaariancode said:

OMFG Sarge, switch off the fucking internet dude. 😂

Hey I was trying to switch it up lol

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 mrbojangles25

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:

What's up with that??

You would think with all the advances in technology we would have gone back atleast once.. and yeah Mars might be the next benchmark...

But if we want to send a rocket to land on Mars.. and put a man on mars.. I would think we would be practicing by putting people on the moon. Seems like the best practice you could get am I right?

You would think after landing on the moon 50 years ago, we'd be sending people up to the moon every year by now, until it becomes second nature.

Yeah tbh I've always wondered why we haven't gone back. Set up a base, did some experiments and stuff.

Not saying we need to colonize the Moon or anything epic or sci-fi like that but, you know...there ought to be at least one science base or something on there yeah?

Maybe we got everything we needed from it on the first few visits? I guess if it's just a bunch of rocks and dust.

Though I keep hearing how helium-3 is a thing that might be found there?

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 madrocketeer
@mrbojangles25 said:

Yeah tbh I've always wondered why we haven't gone back. Set up a base, did some experiments and stuff.

Money and other priorities. Each Apollo landing was hugely expensive, then came the budget cuts, the Space Shuttle program, the Voyager programs, etc. forcing NASA to shift gears and move on.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2587 Posts

I’ve worked with plenty of military tech from that time period. Theres about a 0.021% chance we would get a crew of people from earth to the moon using that stuff. Now that I work with medical imaging equipment and have a much better understanding of ionizing radiation and the human body, I’m not convinced humans are ever leaving this rock we live on. We are gonna have to build androids to go for us…

Edit: Wait, OP used Candace Owens as a source?!?! I’m gonna switch to team real just because Candace Owens thinks it was fake.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17678 Posts

Of course we landed on the moon.

Such an endeavour required hundreds of thousands of people across a broad swath of industries that encompassed a decade. Entire new technologies were invented. Launch pads were built, the Saturn V rockets exists, their technology is real. As madrocketeer right noted, for all the effort it would've taken to hoax it, it would've just been easier to actually do it (I believe this was said by Neil DeGrasse Tyson, or at least I've heard him say it).

But this ignores the fact that this stupid theory can be dismissed solely on the basis of human psychology. Two people cannot keep a secret, much less hundreds of thousands, for 50+ years. It's such a stupid conspiracy it belies belief. But its adherents get so focused on the individual aspects of it ("look, bubbles in the footage! The flag's waving on the moon!") that they can't pull back and recognize that such a monumental effort would never be possible to hide. You cannot pull the wool over so many eyes when so many are involved. People don't operate like that.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SargentD
@mrbojangles25 said:
@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:

What's up with that??

Not saying we need to colonize the Moon or anything epic or sci-fi like that but, you know...there ought to be at least one science base or something on there yeah?

Maybe we got everything we needed from it on the first few visits? I guess if it's just a bunch of rocks and dust.

Though I keep hearing how helium-3 is a thing that might be found there?

exactly! thats what i've been wondering as well. Why haven't we set up a little base on the moon. At the least it would be a good experiment to see what would need to be done to even achieve such a thing.

give us an idea on what it would take to settle or colonize a planet with a different atmosphere

we got dummys talking about doing it on mars which is WAYYY further away... and we havent even done it on the friggin moon yet *shrug*

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SargentD

@ghostofgolden said:

I’ve worked with plenty of military tech from that time period. Theres about a 0.021% chance we would get a crew of people from earth to the moon using that stuff. Now that I work with medical imaging equipment and have a much better understanding of ionizing radiation and the human body, I’m not convinced humans are ever leaving this rock we live on. We are gonna have to build androids to go for us…

Edit: Wait, OP used Candace Owens as a source?!?! I’m gonna switch to team real just because Candace Owens thinks it was fake.

many caught up on candace, only attached it for hodge twins reaction to the 1969 footage which is pretty funny honestly. shes not that important to the overall poll or video even

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

lol, are you serious?

strategyfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#25  Edited By strategyfn  Online
Member since 2012 • 1181 Posts

I remember my parents watched a TV program on why the moon landings may have been fake. I declared, the home of the free and brave would not do such a thing.

Then I watched their Discovery or A&E show and I switched to their side.

After thinking about it, I have the opinion their tech of the time could not have done it. Land on the moon, hook up with their spacecraft orbiting the moon and head back to earth.

Something that also resonated from the TV program, “Why did the USA only go to the moon during the Vietnam War.”

I haven’t thought about the USA moon landing in 20 years. Personally I do not care if they did or did not. I slightly lean towards no.

If it is fake, they probably used as few people as necessary and made people sign non-disclosure agreements. Talk and you will lose your pension and get 30 years in prison or if high enough up there death. The military has a way of keeping its secrets. The public does not know what goes on in Area 51 to a necessary amount.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

Fake. If you look closely you can see through their bodies and you can see some string or rope above their heads. But seeing that go cart was non stop laughter for me.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1138 Posts

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_evidence_for_Apollo_Moon_landings

Why waste money going back to the moon? Take care of us first. It did give us some cool tech advancements, but once was enough to make sure there was no cheese or little green men.

I really need to spend less time on this site......

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7333 Posts

USSR was monitoring the entire mission. If it was fake, they would have told the world.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SargentD
@eni232 said:

Fake. If you look closely you can see through their bodies and you can see some string or rope above their heads. But seeing that go cart was non stop laughter for me.

I actually can see through thier bodies briefly, you can see the ground through his body. It's weird as shit

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SargentD
@judaspete said:

USSR was monitoring the entire mission. If it was fake, they would have told the world.

Monitoring it with what?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23951 Posts

@sargentd said:
@Maroxad said:

What's up with that??

There are reasons? Yes.
But are they good reasons? I would say no.

The reason we havent gone back is due to politics and budget. Back in the 60s, NASA's budget was around 4% of the federal budget. Now it is a round 0.4%. Because a MANNED visit to the moon is expensive. there are significant political/social costs for it. Especially with rising tides of anti-intellectual populism. Opposition to such a program will be high.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

lol, so you guys were serious? Wow. I'm pretty amazed that there are still people like this in 2023.

@sargentd said:
@eni232 said:

I actually can see through thier bodies briefly, you can see the ground through his body. It's weird as shit

No, it's not weird. Video recordings with lag is a thing. Mankind has known that forever, there is a lot of information to get if you want to learn.

I understand there is a charm to believing in very hard to believe things, it's always fun to use your imagination. But dudes. Please.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SargentD

@Litchie said:

lol, so you guys were serious? Wow. I'm pretty amazed that there are still people like this in 2023.

Honestly as time has marched on, 50 years later... moon landing looks more fake than ever imo.

Makes more sense nobody speculated back then when they were told, but yeah... I got a lot skepticism.

If it did happen we need to go back again NOW to rest this debate for good

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 judaspete

@sargentd: Radio, radar, and telescopes.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SargentD

@judaspete said:

did russia say they saw us on the moon?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SargentD

@judaspete said:

you got me curious lol

apparently some in Russia deny it happened

https://arstechnica.com/science/2023/05/former-head-of-roscosmos-now-thinks-nasa-did-not-land-on-the-moon/

im not 100% sure either way, but if wed go back and get some good footage id get past any skepticism i have lol

SUD123456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SUD123456
Member since 2007 • 6955 Posts

@sargentd said:

Just stop posting entirely. You will believe any nonsense as you completely fail in critical thinking.

But the worst thing is you are too lazy to actually inform yourself.

We didn't go back to the moon because there wasn't any point to do so. We lacked the technology to do anything except a short visit of a barren rock. Instead humans spent decades working on permanent space stations, sending probes into deep space, building reusable shuttles (at obscene cost), launching highly sophisticated telescopes into space, etc, etc., etc. But, but , but the moon!

Now we have a realistic path for the technology to get to Mars. Now we have the motivation to setup a manned expedition base on the moon as the jump off point.

I give you Artemis which you could have found in 5 secs with a search.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SargentD

@SUD123456 said:
@sargentd said:

Just stop posting entirely. You will believe any nonsense as you completely fail in critical thinking.

But the worst thing is you are too lazy to actually inform yourself.

We didn't go back to the moon because there wasn't any point to do so. We lacked the technology to do anything except a short visit of a barren rock. Instead humans spent decades working on permanent space stations, sending probes into deep space, building reusable shuttles (at obscene cost), launching highly sophisticated telescopes into space, etc, etc., etc. But, but , but the moon!

Now we have a realistic path for the technology to get to Mars. Now we have the motivation to setup a manned expedition base on the moon as the jump off point.

I give you Artemis which you could have found in 5 secs with a search.

we get it

your flatulence smells the best

omegaMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 omegaMaster
Member since 2017 • 3491 Posts

It's real. It cannot be fake.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SargentD

@omegamaster said:

It's real. It cannot be fake.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44628 Posts

Yes it's real, but the bigger question is what the hell is wrong with people who entertain such nonsense. These same people think the moon landing was staged yet think Hitler escaped to his moon base decades ago.

Loading Video...
ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1007 Posts

@sargentd:

I think everybody is like why would they fake something like that, globally as well, it's unbelievable that they are that stupid and dumb. But the truth is they stage wars, sport results and a whole lots of other things. You notice one thing in this world from 'them' they always create weird problems. Killing babies, raping babies blah blah rape blah blah blah. Like there is something in this world that creates mischief only. The moon landing is irrelevant along with all the space crap. They put Soo much $$ into it and all they come back with is some moon rocks lul.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By madrocketeer
@lamprey263 said:

Yes it's real, but the bigger question is what the hell is wrong with people who entertain such nonsense. These same people think the moon landing was staged yet think Hitler escaped to his moon base decades ago.

I see such conspiracy theories in terms of this quote from a video I watched many, many years back:

Surely the entire history of human endeavour has been one long quest to find monsters, because it justifies our existence to know that a monster considers our face worthwhile enough to peel from our skull. But we didn't find any monsters in the forests, or the oceans, or the skies. The Moon was kind of the last hope, wasn't it? I'm not saying we wanted to see Neil Armstrong get blindsided by a hairy giant Moon spider while he was fiddling with the flag, it's just, you know, some of us would have gotten some sense of fulfilment from it.

And that's how I see it: humanity will seek monsters. Since we didn't find it in the forests, the oceans, the skies or the moon, some of us have started to look for monsters within. Because it justifies our existence to think that somebody out there considers us worthwhile to conspire against.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#44  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44628 Posts

@madrocketeer: I remember this theme was at the center of a video I watched explaining psychological experiments like the Standord and Milgram experiments. Coming years after the horrors of WW2, people just shrugged off the atrocities as "well, Nazis were evil". What these experiments showed was that the kind of behavior that led to the horrors of WW2 were within each of us. It's easier to think of world as black and white, good versus evil, it's harder to understand how complicated the world (or we as people) can be.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 judaspete

@sargentd: As far as I know they never confirmed anything, but my point is they didn't try to deny it. They detected and tracked the craft, and monitored where communications were coming from. If the capsule the astronauts launched from were somehow switched out in orbit, they would have detected it. If communications weren't coming from the moon, they would have known that too. And they would have called us out.

If that's not enough, their spy network had thoroughly infiltrated the US. Very little was done during the cold war the Russia didn't know about. They actually knew we had created the atom bomb before Truman.

OmegaBlueUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OmegaBlueUp

For those thinking that the Moon landing is fake; where do you draw the line as to what has been faked regarding space travel? Do you think all moon landings were faked? Is the Mars Rover fake? Is space station footage fake, or has only unmanned rockets been able to reach outer space and why?

I am really curious about the reasoning. I could see reason for US to fake the first landing as to provide the country a much needed "win" and de-incentives other countries to pursue space travel. But why would they fake it 5 additional times?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#47 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19635 Posts

Most likely real, but there is room for doubt.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Most likely real, but there is room for doubt.

No there isn't. But some people need their conspiracies to validate themselves.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23047 Posts

@lamprey263: Wasn't the Stanford Prison Experiment debunked?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#50 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19635 Posts

Any historian, scientist or mathematician knows that there's no such thing as 100% probability for any historical event or scientific fact. There's always room for doubt. That forms the basis of the scientific method.

But just because there's a 1% probability for doubt, that doesn't give conspiracy theorists an excuse to go off the deep end and assume every major historical event was faked.