Lotus Setup v2.0 LED Lights! :3

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Mewi
Member since 2006 • 386 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7opMQRVwHc

Opinions, comments, rawr?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 JigglyWiggly_
Member since 2009 • 24625 Posts
i buy super expensive computers and use cereal box cameras
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mewi

i buy super expensive computers and use cereal box camerasJigglyWiggly_

Please don't flood my thread with your irrelevant troll dogma.

and it is the logitech Orbit AF, https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1149&bih=808&q=Logitech+Orbit+AF&gbv=2&oq=Logitech+Orbit+AF&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S9&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l9.842l3098l0l3211l17l17l0l6l6l0l105l746l8j1l9l0.frgbld.

Edit: and this is all only ran by one computer.

GS550L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 GS550L
Member since 2011 • 923 Posts

Looks nice. Out of curiosity, what are those little displays up top?

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]i buy super expensive computers and use cereal box camerasMewi

Please don't flood my thread with your irrelevant troll dogma.

and it is the logitech Orbit AF, https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&hl=en&source=hp&biw=1149&bih=808&q=Logitech+Orbit+AF&gbv=2&oq=Logitech+Orbit+AF&aq=f&aqi=g1g-S9&aql=&gs_l=img.3..0j0i24l9.842l3098l0l3211l17l17l0l6l6l0l105l746l8j1l9l0.frgbld.

Edit: and this is all only ran by one computer.

then use the rate my pc thread dawg
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"][QUOTE="Mewi"] then use the rate my pc thread dawgMewi

How about , no? Leave. There is no rule stating I can't post my own thread.

GS550L

Lilliput 869GL Touch Screen on th eleft, the other two are non touch screen.

there is a rule for posting animoo though, i think your avatar and sig qualify brb calling fbi

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mewi

GS550L

Lilliput 869GL 1x touch screen, 2x non touch screen.

Edit: Deleted my previous post, pretty sure it will encourage further disruptive posting.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

Interesting setup, mind you I'm not liking those logitech speakers. You should look at separates, or if you want the best value, DIY.

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mewi

Interesting setup, mind you I'm not liking those logitech speakers. You should look at separates, or if you want the best value, DIY.

NVIDIATI

I never ran into a problem with my Logitech Z5500d speakers lol, I'm surprised you can see them though o.o

jcbullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jcbullen
Member since 2008 • 865 Posts

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

I find the anime disturbing.

Rusteater

^This

^ This. And yes, there isn't a specific rule against making a thread such as this, but common forum courtesy would be to not make your own thread about something that is already stickied, but whatever. Posting this outside of the sticky thread just makes it a brag thread.
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mewi

[QUOTE="Rusteater"]

[QUOTE="GummiRaccoon"]

jcbullen

^This

^ This. And yes, there isn't a specific rule against making a thread such as this, but common forum courtesy would be to not make your own thread about something that is already stickied, but whatever. Posting this outside of the sticky thread just makes it a brag thread.

I'm looking for comments, opinions, changes I could make etc.

Not this "courtesy" forum nonsense that you are trying to push. This is a computer hardware discussion forum, I know all of you want to put every single thread into the same thread. But lets face reality, thats not how things should be, that is not how things work.

I want a lengthy thread, not some *everything glomped together* thread that will not get me anywhere near the amount of response or opinions/comments I require in order to further progress my build.

So stop posting "OMG you arent posting in the thread I want you to post in, even though its not in the rules HOW DARE YOU" stuff. It is nothing but trolling, Thank you~

jcbullen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcbullen
Member since 2008 • 865 Posts

[QUOTE="jcbullen"][QUOTE="Rusteater"]

^This

Mewi

Not this "courtesy" forum nonsense that you are trying to push. This is a computer hardware discussion forum, I know all of you want to put every single thread into the same thread. But lets face reality, thats not how things should be, that is not how things work.

I want a lengthy thread, not some *everything glomped together* thread that will not get me anywhere near the amount of response or opinions/comments I require in order to further progress my build.

So stop posting "OMG you arent posting in the thread I want you to post in, even though its not in the rules HOW DARE YOU" stuff. It is nothing but trolling, Thank you~

You didn't ask to further progress your build, or mention anything that you might want to change.
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mewi

You didn't ask to further progress your build, or mention anything that you might want to change.jcbullen

Actually, I did, it is in my first post, asking for comments and opinions on it. *Sigh*

Now write a comment or opinion on the first post about the content, or... go somewhere else please.

JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JigglyWiggly_

[QUOTE="jcbullen"][QUOTE="Rusteater"]

^This

Mewi

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Lulz ikr, but course blowing $300-400 for sony/canon bridge cam will setback the tc for the light show!

Still beats those people with pimped out cars worth 6 digits but record with a nokia 3310 sideways.

NVIDIATI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 NVIDIATI
Member since 2010 • 8463 Posts

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Mewi

I never ran into a problem with my Logitech Z5500d speakers lol, I'm surprised you can see them though o.o

While I wouldn't find them ideal, considering you already own them it should suffice. Still if you're looking for improvements you may consider investing in a pair of quality open back headphones. The only reason you may not want open back is if you plan on using them out of the house (require sound isolation) or are a serious basshead. If you want detail and clarity in your media a good pair can make a world of a difference.

It all comes down to budget, but I would personally recommend the AKG K701 or K702 (same headphone as K701, only a different colour and has a detatchable cable). They usually go for close to $250.

A headphone amplifier and DAC would also be recommended (something like an Audio-gd NFB-12 or Zero DAC ~$150-$200).

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

While I wouldn't find them ideal, considering you already own them it should suffice. Still if you're looking for improvements you may consider investing in a pair of quality open back headphones. The only reason you may not want open back is if you plan on using them out of the house (require sound isolation) or are a serious basshead. If you want detail and clarity in your media a good pair can make a world of a difference.

It all comes down to budget, but I would personally recommend the AKG K701 or K702 (same headphone as K701, only a different colour and has a detatchable cable). They usually go for close to $250.

A headphone amplifier and DAC would also be recommended (something like an Audio-gd NFB-12 or Zero DAC ~$150-$200).

NVIDIATI

Please teach me sifu I can never wrap my head around liking these phones (k701) gladly is my siblings and not mines. I think they are sonically too mature for my borderline basshead ears. Perhaps the sound is too true and neutral for me. What genre or artists do you recommend to change my outlook?

@ tc, the onkyos htib are a sick bunch for home theatre stuff, that I must admit from hearing them long ago at my relatives.

Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

NVIDIATI

If the sound system is a Z-5500... it rocks for the price. I have that system... and seriously, for it's price/performance I haven't seen anything better for 5.1 sounds. I don't like to compare to headphones... it's just a different world.

To the OP... looks cool... but hey, it's a bit nerdy hahaha lol, no offence.

C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts
The lights are a bit much, for me. And all the tiny screens look like screens for the sake of screens...
C_Rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 C_Rule
Member since 2008 • 9816 Posts

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Bebi_vegeta

If the sound system is a Z-5500... it rocks for the price. I have that system... and seriously, for it's price/performance I haven't seen anything better for 5.1 sounds. I don't like to compare to headphones... it's just a different world.

He just hates Logitech. I've had a Z-5500 system for about 7 years. Still working perfectly, and I regard them as one of my best IT purchases.
Silicel1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Silicel1
Member since 2005 • 2342 Posts

GummiRaccoon
+1
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mewi

[QUOTE="NVIDIATI"]

Bebi_vegeta

XD well I try to be as nerdy as possible apparently. I am a computer technician, I also like star trek, anime, make StarShip models and paint figures, make circuit boards @__@ and game a lot.

The lights are a bit much, for me. And all the tiny screens look like screens for the sake of screens...C_Rule

Nono, I use every single one. Having big monitors would mean hiding the back shelf behind the monitors. Video,Music/Chats, PC stats and other th ings go on the top monitors.

The lights can also be static, a color of your choice, dimmed or brightened :3

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
I love it. XD How much did the light show set up cost you?
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JigglyWiggly_

ew broken pics b/cuz of no hotlinking

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts

JigglyWiggly_
Meh works for me =/
JigglyWiggly_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 JigglyWiggly_
[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

Iantheone
Meh works for me =/

that's cause it's in your cache
Bebi_vegeta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bebi_vegeta
Member since 2003 • 13558 Posts

[QUOTE="JigglyWiggly_"]

Iantheone

Meh works for me =/

works for me too... and not in cache.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
A bit much for Johnf111, Johnf111 settles for dual monitors and doesn't care to add any more. All those screens and effects just scream "I have more money than sense!" but if you do in fact use them then fair enough... Still this is a brag thread and Johnf111 disapproves of such threads.
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mewi

A bit much for Johnf111, Johnf111 settles for dual monitors and doesn't care to add any more. All those screens and effects just scream "I have more money than sense!" but if you do in fact use them then fair enough... Still this is a brag thread and Johnf111 disapproves of such threads.JohnF111

If you can't show off what you made, then no one would show off anything, no one would be bothered to make anything artistic. The Gray youtube channels come to mind... People put works of art on walls, are those brag walls? Should they be shunned and we all pretend they are non-existent because someone may or may not become jealous or spiteful?

I assure you, I would not be able to create this setup without sense, and my bank account is fine, thank you for the concern though :P

and I disapprove of your definition of hardcore gamer, which looks like money spending based on just owning every console. a hardcore gamer consists of someone who challenges themselves in games, in multiple genres, and is not afraid to take on the toughest things the game can offer. This doesn't mean they always play super hard games, it just means they have a tendency to do so.

But thank you for your opinion :3

I love it. XD How much did the light show set up cost you?ShadowDeathX

Hmm perhaps around $100s, excluding the cost of any tools/hardware required for soldering. XD

mitch2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mitch2411
Member since 2004 • 523 Posts

I like it :P Looks Smexy too me, and who cares about money, as long as you can afford it :)

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Mewi

I like it :P Looks Smexy too me, and who cares about money, as long as you can afford it :)

mitch2411

Thanks! I try to take the aesthetic approach on most things when planning my layout and such ^o^ sometimes it is hard to come up with the right idea.

and yeah! if you can afford it... why not? someone said senseless spending, well all I have to say to that is, pssh.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#40 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

[QUOTE="mitch2411"]

Mewi

Thanks! I try to take the aesthetic approach on most things when planning my layout and such ^o^ sometimes it is hard to come up with the right idea.

and yeah! if you can afford it... why not? someone said senseless spending, well all I have to say to that is, pssh.

I made an observation that it could be more money than sense which was directly opposed by my acknowledgement that if you did make use of it all then fair play, also why else would you post the video if it wasn't bragging? And my signature is mostly a SW definition of "Hardcore gamer" as in that place only CoD and the HD twins are considered Hardcore and with all the fanboyism i decided to put something in my sig that opposed both mindsets but wasn't necessarily true, just for the sake of it. :P
Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Mewi

[QUOTE="Mewi"]

[QUOTE="mitch2411"]

JohnF111

I made an observation that it could be more money than sense which was directly opposed by my acknowledgement that if you did make use of it all then fair play, also why else would you post the video if it wasn't bragging? And my signature is mostly a SW definition of "Hardcore gamer" as in that place only CoD and the HD twins are considered Hardcore and with all the fanboyism i decided to put something in my sig that opposed both mindsets but wasn't necessarily true, just for the sake of it. :P

:P well I just appreciate you not being one of these lifeless mindless trolls that are plaguing my thread XD

Regardless if you are a computer technician and spend most of your life infront of a computer, you want a lot of monitors! especially if you are a multitasker with some kind of ADD ;o

mitch2411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mitch2411
Member since 2004 • 523 Posts

I hate having 1 monitor, I want to pick another 2 up.

zaku101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 zaku101
Member since 2005 • 4641 Posts

Well I like to get expensive computer parts and put them inside my cereal box cases to save money. Id recommend going with a lucky charms cereal box, seems to last longer and provide better cable management.

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mewi

I hate having 1 monitor, I want to pick another 2 up.

mitch2411

It really makes things easier, I find one monitor severely limiting. Some people will say "I'll just buy a giant monitor" well that is very costly, and it doesn't need to be.

Mewi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Mewi

I'm thinking about adding more lights, but where would the best place be you think?

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mewimi/Picture187.jpg

Older photo but yeah XD

This is what the back of the monitors looks like, at least the center ones.

http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t132/mewimi/Picture188.jpg

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16580 Posts

agreed with second post, next time please use a better camera to record, we can't give you a solid opinion with grainy quality video to look at.

Jetset314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 Jetset314
Member since 2011 • 234 Posts

LOL