Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178873 Posts

@girlusocrazy said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Doesn't say anything flattering about his supporters and those who voted for him because there was R next to his name.

I don't think they see it as unflattering. Many of his base take pride and respect in how he can exploit and work around things to get to what he wants. They might respect him for exploiting voters and even themselves as well. Norms are out, policies are rewritten, executive orders to facilitate wherever possible, liberal interpretation to suit the need wherever possible, narrow interpretation to block being contested. These are celebrated, and they call him smart. They care about the ends, and the means is almost a kind of spectator event.

Yeah I don't care how they see themselves. Many evil individuals have felt they were on the side of right. You know the saying, birds of a feather.....

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 LJS9502_basic

@girlusocrazy said:

@LJS9502_basic: I understand, I just think it makes it difficult to see eye to eye when priorities and focus is so different. It also means progress will be difficult when consensus and cooperation is advantageous. But I think they're content to attempt to mitigate that, and have successfully in the past. It seems antithetical to the idea of a democracy. But I guess that doesn't seem to matter. It is what it is.

I wouldn't care except it hurts the rest of that do care.

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#156 MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts

Trump is bad for America. His tariffs hurt the manufacturing industry. My company (baggers and plastic bags) saw sales decline due to tariffs in 2019.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#157 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

Trump is bad for America. His tariffs hurt the manufacturing industry. My company (baggers and plastic bags) saw sales decline due to tariffs in 2019.

How's your cost of living been since?

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3878 Posts

@mysticaldonut said:

Many stores are no longer using plastic bags. In New Jersy they have been banned in all stores.

Junior_AIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 132

User Lists: 1

#159 Junior_AIN
Member since 2007 • 4703 Posts

Not an American here, I'm just a guy from the third world, but your support for a guy who defends the values of the west and freedom is highly commendable.

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16606 Posts

@JimB: and it's a great thing too. They need to ban all single use plastics. They are a scourge on our planet.

Not too long ago, we all lived without this thing called plastics.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Eoten

@JimB said:
@mysticaldonut said:

Many stores are no longer using plastic bags. In New Jersy they have been banned in all stores.

Yeah, most states banned plastics. Which was odd, because first they banned paper bags, you know, save the trees bullshit.... ignoring that most cheap paper products are produced with farmed poplar, or byproducts of wood processing that would otherwise get tossed as waste. But hey, when has half the shit these activists whine about ever made sense?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 LJS9502_basic

@eoten said:
@JimB said:

Yeah, most states banned plastics. Which was odd, because first they banned paper bags, you know, save the trees bullshit.... ignoring that most cheap paper products are produced with farmed poplar, or byproducts of wood processing that would otherwise get tossed as waste. But hey, when has half the shit these activists whine about ever made sense?

Ah I see you are part of the status quo that doesn't care about consequences to the planet, animals, or humans. What might even say you are a drone.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:
@eoten said:
@JimB said:

Ah I see you are part of the status quo that doesn't care about consequences to the planet, animals, or humans. What might even say you are a drone.

Well, we do care about consequences to the planet. We're just not stupid enough to fall for every fear monger boogieman story you people come up with. First paper bags were bad, so we had to get rid of them. Then the same people are now saying plastics are bad, we need to go back to paper. The reality is you people don't even know what you're doing half the time, you're just going with the trend of the moment, talking out your asses while telling yourselves you're enlightened.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8388 Posts

@Junior_AIN said:

Not an American here, I'm just a guy from the third world, but your support for a guy who defends the values of the west and freedom is highly commendable.

Thanks, Bless you and yours.

I mean no harm!

MysticalDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By MysticalDonut
Member since 2021 • 2505 Posts
@eoten said:
@JimB said:
@mysticaldonut said:

We don't manufacture grocery style plastic bags.

Also, we manufacture recyclable LDPE/LLDPE material as an option for customers. We used to do biodegradable material as well but it was becoming too expensive to be worthwhile despite our material biodegrading within two years. California was the most ridiculous- in order to legally sell biodegradable material there, it needed to degrade within six months!

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#166 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3506 Posts

In the last two day I've seen one person complaining that Trump was bad because of plastic bags, other that Biden sucked because of avocados and that the scotus decisions were a sign that Christ was returning. Call it what you want but this place isn't boring.

joementia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 joementia
Member since 2022 • 193 Posts

Trump betrayed this country. Should not be allowed to run for office again.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts

Since you mentioned your political priorities previously, what exactly would be your plans for them. I will tell mine.

Food issues: Promote Veganism, research and develop into vat grown meats, solve the energy crisis. Aid key exporters like Ukraine in their defense against Russia. As a personal note, consider going with a meatless monday if you find food to be too expensive. You would be surprised by just much more affordable vegetarian alternatives are.

Energy Crisis: Eliminate car dependency, build infrastructure to support EVs, invest in public transport, adjust power grids to shift towards renewables. Stop comparing fossil fuel to its best of times to solar and wind at average times (If we want to compare fossil fuels to renewables at the best of times, renewable energy would be so abundant, you would actually be paid to use it)

Inflation: Solve the energy crisis, solve the housing crisis, regulate landlords. And next time a pandemic is upon us. ****ing vaccinate yourselves, don't prolong the pandemic like you did with this one. Anti-vaxxers/Anti-maskers are why the pandemic got so bad to begin with. People did the opposite of what experts suggested.

Supply Chain Issues: Varies by country. As for the US, I would suggest TPP or forming new similar trade unions is prudent, strengthen manufacturing either at home, or invest in potential manufacturing partners outside that aren't belligerent nations (china). Either way, China must starve. Trump's trade wars must be undone.

Were there any priorities I missed? And what are your solutions for the following.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Eoten

@Maroxad said:

Since you mentioned your political priorities previously, what exactly would be your plans for them. I will tell mine.

Food issues: Promote Veganism, research and develop into vat grown meats, solve the energy crisis. Aid key exporters like Ukraine in their defense against Russia. As a personal note, consider going with a meatless monday if you find food to be too expensive. You would be surprised by just much more affordable vegetarian alternatives are.

Energy Crisis: Eliminate car dependency, build infrastructure to support EVs, invest in public transport, adjust power grids to shift towards renewables. Stop comparing fossil fuel to its best of times to solar and wind at average times (If we want to compare fossil fuels to renewables at the best of times, renewable energy would be so abundant, you would actually be paid to use it)

Inflation: Solve the energy crisis, solve the housing crisis, regulate landlords. And next time a pandemic is upon us. ****ing vaccinate yourselves, don't prolong the pandemic like you did with this one. Anti-vaxxers/Anti-maskers are why the pandemic got so bad to begin with. People did the opposite of what experts suggested.

Supply Chain Issues: Varies by country. As for the US, I would suggest TPP or forming new similar trade unions is prudent, strengthen manufacturing either at home, or invest in potential manufacturing partners outside that aren't belligerent nations (china). Either way, China must starve. Trump's trade wars must be undone.

Were there any priorities I missed? And what are your solutions for the following.

You really are out of touch, aren't you? Food issues have little to do with space, or resources. When we have one of the largest, and best stretches of farmland of any country in the world, why the **** should we do away with that and buy from a foreign nation?

And energy? Eliminate car dependency? Yeah, right. You do understand how spread out the US is, right? You do realize not everyone wants to live on top of someone else? Should we intentionally make it more expensive to drive in order to coerce them into doing something they don't want because you think you know what's better for them? We have enough oil reserves to power this country for centuries, let alone nuclear. The energy crisis is manufactured by the "go green" fuckwits in office.

Your solution to inflation is vaccination? Da fuq?

Do any of these ideas actually sound good in your head?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:

You really are out of touch, aren't you? Food issues have little to do with space, or resources. When we have one of the largest, and best stretches of farmland of any country in the world, why the **** should we do away with that and buy from a foreign nation?

And energy? Eliminate car dependency? Yeah, right. You do understand how spread out the US is, right? You do realize not everyone wants to live on top of someone else? Should we intentionally make it more expensive to drive in order to coerce them into doing something they don't want because you think you know what's better for them? We have enough oil reserves to power this country for centuries, let alone nuclear. The energy crisis is manufactured by the "go green" fuckwits in office.

Eoten strikes again, and I was obviously talking about global issues. Develop some reading comprehension will ya? The only time I mentioned the US, was in the 4th and final point.

The food crisis is caused by several things

• Energy Crisis
  • The Supply Chain Failures
  • Wars in Ukraine and Yemen.
  • Climate Change (leading to draughts, heat waves and other forms of extreme weather that causes crops to wither)

Spread out, in what way? If you are referring to cities being far too spread out. That is kinda the issue I am trying to adress. If you are talking about the distance between cities and communities. Well we kinda developed a solution 200 years ago, they remain far more cost effective than cars ever did.

And yes, eliminating car dependency has been a proven method. Just ask any Dane. As a response to the 1973 oil crisis, Denmark, instead of adopting some "Drill baby, drill" nonsense, decided to reorganize their cities to no longer depend on car usage, thus they could become a lot more energy independent.

Sweden has a myriad of different cities, some are car infested hellholes, others are very pedestrian friendly, and by far the most popular places are the pedestrian/biker friendly ones. I want all places in Sweden to be pedestrian friendly, because that is where the people want to live.

But keep blaming the US greens, while continously failing to bring up exactly what bills they actually got passed. That resulted in a GLOBAL crisis.

I know you can't read but... I said NEXT TIME. The reason the pandemic, which has heavily resulted in our current inflation, got as bad as it did was because of people such as yourself not just refusing to vaccinate yourselves but also telling others not to get vaccinated.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:

Eoten strikes again, and I was obviously talking about global issues. Develop some reading comprehension will ya? The only time I mentioned the US, was in the 4th and final point.

The food crisis is caused by several things

• Energy Crisis
  • The Supply Chain Failures
  • Wars in Ukraine and Yemen.
  • Climate Change (leading to draughts, heat waves and other forms of extreme weather that causes crops to wither)

Spread out, in what way? If you are referring to cities being far too spread out. That is kinda the issue I am trying to adress. If you are talking about the distance between cities and communities. Well we kinda developed a solution 200 years ago, they remain far more cost effective than cars ever did.

And yes, eliminating car dependency has been a proven method. Just ask any Dane. As a response to the 1973 oil crisis, Denmark, instead of adopting some "Drill baby, drill" nonsense, decided to reorganize their cities to no longer depend on car usage, thus they could become a lot more energy independent.

Sweden has a myriad of different cities, some are car infested hellholes, others are very pedestrian friendly, and by far the most popular places are the pedestrian/biker friendly ones. I want all places in Sweden to be pedestrian friendly, because that is where the people want to live.

But keep blaming the US greens, while continously failing to bring up exactly what bills they actually got passed. That resulted in a GLOBAL crisis.

I know you can't read but... I said NEXT TIME. The reason the pandemic, which has heavily resulted in our current inflation, got as bad as it did was because of people such as yourself not just refusing to vaccinate yourselves but also telling others not to get vaccinated.

Why shouldn't our cities be spread out? Lmfao. You people really do have a hard-on for dictating how others live.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:

Why shouldn't our cities be spread out? Lmfao. You people really do have a hard-on for dictating how others live.

You do realize that what people like me are arguing for is deregulation (as in less laws), right?

The issue isn't that detached single family houses exist. The issue is that the kinds of urban planning I advocate for are illegal to build parts of europe, and most of the Americas.

The fact that you continue to defend some of the worst regulatory practices around baffle me. I thought you were against big government.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#173 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4389 Posts

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:

You do realize that what people like me are arguing for is deregulation (as in less laws), right?

The issue isn't that detached single family houses exist. The issue is that the kinds of urban planning I advocate for are illegal to build parts of europe, and most of the Americas.

The fact that you continue to defend some of the worst regulatory practices around baffle me. I thought you were against big government.

nah just what ever views it fits the person i notice now .

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#174 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3506 Posts

@Maroxad: He's so anti government that he defends that local governments should be able to ban content from art and should have the power to mandate over women's bodies. It's no doubt a new trend among so called libertarians, "people don't need government telling them how to live, except if that's not exactly how I think, in that case fascism."

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Maroxad

@kathaariancode: @girlusocrazy: I have been accused of being a statist, communist and pro-big brother. For arguing in favor of privacy rights. These people are ridicilous. Seem to rally more behind sentiments than the reality of their positions.

Likewise, people who love usign the word Critical thinking, especially in the absence of counter evidence. Tend to be sorely lacking in it.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177 Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:

Evidently not. How out of touch with the situation do you have to be to think everyone moving to the city and going electric is any kind of a solution to the problem these people are facing right now?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:

Evidently not. How out of touch with the situation do you have to be to think everyone moving to the city and going electric is any kind of a solution to the problem these people are facing right now?

FYI: making one way of life viable means making another way of life unviable. Urban planning isnt a zero sum game.

There is plenty of data to suggest that eliminating car dependency is a massive boon to society. A way of living that can only stay afloat due to tremendous ammounts of debt.

What do you think eliminating car dependency means exactly?

It means, designing our communities so that people dont have to use a car to get around.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Eoten

@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:
@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:

You know your perception of reality and politics is twisted when you seem to think that making one way of life viable means making another way of life unviable.

There is plenty of data to suggest that eliminating car dependency is a massive boon to society. American City Planning is some of the worst in the world. Alongside other disasters like the UAE.

What do you think eliminating car dependency means exactly?

Dude, how the **** is "move to a bigger city and get an electric car" going to solve the issues people face now? It's about as stupid a comment as "they should just stop being poor."

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Maroxad
@eoten said:

Dude, how the **** is "move to a bigger city and get an electric car" going to solve the issues people face now? It's about as stupid a comment as "they should just stop being poor."

Even ignoring the fact that you are completely misrepresentning what I am saying.

Do you seriously need to have it explained why making people no longer depend on a resource that is in a severe shortage helps solve the issue of the resource shortage?

And this is not a people problem. This is an engineering problem. As formerly car dependant countries have demonstrated. People will gladly bike and walk, if local infrastructure supports that.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By SargentD
@Maroxad said:
@eoten said:

Even ignoring the fact that you are completely misrepresentning what I am saying.

Do you seriously need to have it explained why making people no longer depend on a resource that is in a severe shortage helps solve the issue of the resource shortage?

And this is not a people problem. This is an engineering problem. As formerly car dependant countries have demonstrated. People will gladly bike and walk, if local infrastructure supports that.

Maroxad I believe your heart is in the right place but it seems unrealistic when looking at how the US works. The USA will not be car independent... it just doesn't make sense for the size of the country. I cant see it even being remotely possible for another 100 years. The country is much too large and spread out. I can see how it works in smaller countries highly urbanized, but our cities are pockets in a much larger mass. The best you can do is streamline public transport inside the bigger cities, but you wont reach a huge portion of the country. America drives because they have too.

Average one way commute in America in half an hour, for many a one way commute for many can even be an hour. We have a lot of people who commute for work 1-2 hours a day, many people are driving 40-80 miles a day just to get back and forth to work, many of the people working in cities don't even live in the cities, many cant afford to, so they live cheaper in more rural outskirts and commute to jobs that pay higher in the city.

Highlights from the report include:

• In 2019, the average one-way commute in the United States increased to a new high of 27.6 minutes.
  • In 2006, the average travel time for the nation was 25.0 minutes. The increase of about 2.6 minutes between 2006 and 2019 represents an increase of about 10% over 14 years.
  • In 2006, 14.8% of commuters reported travel times of less than 10 minutes; this group declined to 11.9% by 2019. Conversely, the percentage of workers reporting commutes of 60 minutes or lon­ger increased from 7.9% in 2006 to 9.8% in 2019.
  • The majority of workers, approximately 57%, left for work between 6:00 a.m. and 8:29 a.m. Among this group, those leaving between 6:00 a.m. and 6:29 a.m. reported the longest average travel time to work at 32.8 minutes.
  • The longest average travel times were associated with various forms of public transportation. For example, workers who traveled to work by bus had an average commute of 46.6 minutes.

https://www.census.gov/newsroom/press-releases/2021/one-way-travel-time-to-work-rises.html#:~:text=Highlights%20from%20the%20report%20include,about%2010%25%20over%2014%20years.

look at how the country is set up from most urban to most rural.

Comparing the size of the nation to lets say a much smaller country like Sweden or Finland.

I can see why this is a much more achievable goal in a nation barley bigger than north and south dakota.. But to even suggest the US will be able to not be car dependent is a pipe dream as of now.

Not to mention the amount of goods, materials, services that need to be transported and accommodated for across the entire country.

I think your idea is honorable, coming from a good place, but I do find it very unrealistic for my country.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By Eoten

That's another issue with expecting fast, widespread adoption of electric cars. I had to travel out of town today, spent about 3 hours on highways. I don't think I passed a single electric car. People just don't buy them a lot. They're still not that good for people who have to take longer drives as I did. But let's just assume you could wave a magic wand and everyone could afford one, then there are other problems. Lithium supplies, nickel supplies, hell the grid couldn't even handle that many people charging their shit and wind and solar isn't going to cover 300 million electric cars. I wonder how many cars are currently registered and on the road in Scandinavia?

Maroxad has never lived here though, never will, he probably hasn't even visited. His knowledge of here begins and ends with what he reads online.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts

@sargentd: Hey, look at that. We agree on something. The US will likely not be car independent in our lifetimes. Heck, even Europe is more car dependent than a lot of advocates like to believe, and we won't even be as car independent as them in our lifetimes.

That doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to move in that direction, though. At least in areas.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Eoten

@mattbbpl said:

@sargentd: Hey, look at that. We agree on something. The US will likely not be car independent in our lifetimes. Heck, even Europe is more car dependent than a lot of advocates like to believe, and we won't even be as car independent as them in our lifetimes.

That doesn't mean it doesn't make sense to move in that direction, though. At least in areas.

When "moving in that direction" means causing great economic harm to those it's being pushed upon, it may not be such a good idea. And let's be real, we're never going to see the step up in power that only nuclear would be capable of achieving in order to make them viable on even a miniscule scale. There are too many lobbyists both the hydrocarbon and "green" energy industries to ever allow that to happen.

I think another solution would be to add a new class of vehicles entirely. We have large trucks, passenger vehicles, motorcycles... but we don't see very many more budget friendly single, or two person transport options. Something in between that of a car and a motorcycle most people could afford more easily than full on electric cars, and be way more energy efficient as well. But most, if not all states tend to have pretty strict regulations, and those regulations are major hurdles to anything besides the traditional passenger car, built by long established automotive companies.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts

@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

When "moving in that direction" means causing great economic harm to those it's being pushed upon, it may not be such a good idea. And let's be real, we're never going to see the step up in power that only nuclear would be capable of achieving in order to make them viable on even a miniscule scale. There are too many lobbyists both the hydrocarbon and "green" energy industries to ever allow that to happen.

I think another solution would be to add a new class of vehicles entirely. We have large trucks, passenger vehicles, motorcycles... but we don't see very many more budget friendly single, or two person transport options. Something in between that of a car and a motorcycle most people could afford more easily than full on electric cars, and be way more energy efficient as well. But most, if not all states tend to have pretty strict regulations, and those regulations are major hurdles to anything besides the traditional passenger car, built by long established automotive companies.

No one here is proposing "great economic harm"

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Maroxad

@sargentd: Regarding the size of the country. This is where trains come in. Choo Choo.

And like I said with eoten, what I mentioned wasnt just US specific. In fact, the first 3 points focused primarily on Europe. Car dependency still exists here in europe unfortunately. And around 40-50% use it as their favorite means of transport.

As we are the ones primarily reliant on Russian fossil fuels. For many of us, Drill Baby Drill is a non-option since many of us got no oil to begin with. To compensate with this, our focus has mostly been about finding ways to reduce comsumption. Be it through better insulation, or more efficient use of energy.

Regarding how cities are designed. Well, that is the problem.

Highlights from the report include:

• In 2019, the average one-way commute in the United States increased to a new high of 27.6 minutes.
  • In 2006, the average travel time for the nation was 25.0 minutes. The increase of about 2.6 minutes between 2006 and 2019 represents an increase of about 10% over 14 years.
  • In 2006, 14.8% of commuters reported travel times of less than 10 minutes; this group declined to 11.9% by 2019. Conversely, the percentage of workers reporting commutes of 60 minutes or lon­ger increased from 7.9% in 2006 to 9.8% in 2019.
  • The majority of workers, approximately 57%, left for work between 6:00 a.m. and 8:29 a.m. Among this group, those leaving between 6:00 a.m. and 6:29 a.m. reported the longest average travel time to work at 32.8 minutes.
  • The longest average travel times were associated with various forms of public transportation. For example, workers who traveled to work by bus had an average commute of 46.6 minutes.

Yup, and these are caused by the exact issues I am complaining about. As some cities focused their growth outward, rather than improving what actually exists. In good european cities, cities remained scaled towards the individual, and Biking is not only viable, it is often the preferred alternative.

Regardless, I am glad we agree on the goals at least. I also agree we will not achieve car-independency in our lifetimes. What we can do is minimize it as much as possible. That as many people can live without having a car as a necessity as possible.

Anyways, what were your solutions to your key priorities that you mentioned a while back? And did I miss any of the 4 I listed? I went from memory.

I apologize my points ended up derailing the thread a bit. I just brought up my points because I believe it is cowardly to not do so, and I didnt expect Eoten to be so woefully upset about it.

@mattbbpl said:

It is indeed an unfortunate reality. Whether it is costs, social conditioning, political capital costs and more, I dont see the US fix its car dependency, nor do I see the EU entirely fix their car dependent communities.

As someone who has lived in car dependent cities as well as bicycle focused ones. I have really felt the difference, 2 cities in the same province. yet massively different quality of life.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187 Maroxad

@eoten said:
@mattbbpl said:

Great economic harm?

Cities that improve their logistics, tend to do pretty well for themselves, we had towns nearing bankruptcy, make U turns, and even go as far as lower taxes.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

No one here is proposing "great economic harm"

Let me see if I can potentially translate his argument with an analog: 'If you outlaw animal abuse the puppy skinning industry will be devastated!!!!!'

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 Eoten

According to a recent CBS poll, the top 3 issues voters consider to be high priority going into 2022 are inflation, the economy, and crime. January 6th is dead last, abortion is somewhere in the middle with only 42% considering it a high priority. It's hard to imagine a scenario where 2022 goes well for dems, and if that doesn't go well for them, you're looking at a very high chance Trump gets elected again. But before anyone starts claiming it's all because of racism and misogyny that they lose, just remember the issues voters feel are the highest priority are all issues the DNC have been telling us don't matter, and we should ignore, or that they blame on someone else.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

I just want to take the time to thank you for allowing us to ask you questions. So my question is, why are you so f&@king d@$b?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 SargentD

@daredevils2k: why are you so upset 😂

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192 LJS9502_basic

@eoten: LOL whatever you need to sleep at night comrade.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3750 Posts
@eoten said:

According to a recent CBS poll, the top 3 issues voters consider to be high priority going into 2022 are inflation, the economy, and crime. January 6th is dead last, abortion is somewhere in the middle with only 42% considering it a high priority. It's hard to imagine a scenario where 2022 goes well for dems, and if that doesn't go well for them, you're looking at a very high chance Trump gets elected again. But before anyone starts claiming it's all because of racism and misogyny that they lose, just remember the issues voters feel are the highest priority are all issues the DNC have been telling us don't matter, and we should ignore, or that they blame on someone else.

You think because some are unhappy with Biden that they're going to re-elect a f&^king traitor, America's seditionist president? lol

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Eoten
@tjandmia said:
@eoten said:

You think because some are unhappy with Biden that they're going to re-elect a f&^king traitor, America's seditionist president? lol

According to a poll from September, 20% of people who voted for Biden wish they could have a do-over. People aren't just unhappy with Biden, they think it was a mistake to elect him in the first place. And his approval has tanked significantly since then.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/regrets-you-ve-had-a-few-20-want-biden-vote-back/ar-AAO4csZ

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 LJS9502_basic

@eoten: I bet those same people would not have voted for trump either.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196 Eoten

@LJS9502_basic said:

@eoten: I bet those same people would not have voted for trump either.

They wouldn't need to, and they're fully aware without their votes for Biden, Trump would have won, and they prefer that outcome. If you have actually had a job you had to drive to, or food you paid for yourself, you would understand them better.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

It'll be interesting to see how the elections turn out. Will it reflect the will of the people or will the system pan out? Will recent sentiments increaser turnout or will voters lose their convictions?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

It'll be interesting to see how the elections turn out. Will it reflect the will of the people or will the system pan out? Will recent sentiments increaser turnout or will voters lose their convictions?