Do you think the Maga cult will fade away in a few years?

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

Trump will be gone in 10 days and maybe impeached again and his Twitter days are done. Do you think the longer Trump is out of the public eye that his terrorist cult will eventually disband in a few years ?

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

Nah it will stay, maybe just a fringe thing but will definitely stay.

Avatar image for deactivated-609b1cfe23050
deactivated-609b1cfe23050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-609b1cfe23050
Member since 2021 • 320 Posts

Somebody else will take up the mantle. Hawley is doing that now, and Trump is crying he is going to create his own social media platform. This is a long term problem:

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

No but it's not trumps fault either and blaming it on a single person is ridiculously dangerous. The left fuel the right and the right fuel the left. They are both as bad as each other, my main issue with the whole thing is that one side has mega corps, not that I think they are "on" the left side, more like supporting them until they stop being useful.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2150 Posts

Trump has to be locked up for the rest of his life for that to happen. At this point the cult is already diminishing, after the so called betrayal by Trump, but you can bet that millions will still be waiting for their dear leader becoming a dictator by 2024.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178874 Posts

@npiet1 said:

No but it's not trumps fault either and blaming it on a single person is ridiculously dangerous. The left fuel the right and the right fuel the left. They are both as bad as each other, my main issue with the whole thing is that one side has mega corps, not that I think they are "on" the left side, more like supporting them until they stop being useful.

trump did a lot of damage to the country. He constantly played us vs them. I can think of no president that every did that. And if you think that didn't have an effect on his base I have DC statue to sell you.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mattbbpl
Member since 2006 • 23058 Posts

@npiet1 said:

Even an armed and deadly attempted coup isn't enough to dissuade the both sides crowd. Damn, that is impressive.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

Nah, there's going to be more "Trumps" stepping up now that GOP lawmakers see what they can get away with as long as they stick together. Trump's falling comes from being a narcissistic ass who didn't know how to do much beyond rallies and antagonizing people online, yet still wrecked the country. Someone more competent can really do damage.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17694 Posts

@npiet1: “No but it's not trumps fault either and blaming it on a single person is ridiculously dangerous. The left fuel the right and the right fuel the left. They are both as bad as each other, my main issue with the whole thing is that one side has mega corps, not that I think they are "on" the left side, more like supporting them until they stop being useful.”

It’s not ridiculously dangerous, it’s the truth. It is 100% on Trump. There’s equal fuel towards discontent on both sides, but Trump has taken great effort, over quite a few years, to sow such discord and fan the flames of partisan anger. This isn’t a byproduct, he actively strives to create chaos.

I would argue some of what the Democrats do enrages as well, but I don’t see a single actor taking concerted initiative, at every opportunity they can, to fan the flames towards the same goal. Trump does. Both sides have the fuel, but only one holds much more responsibility for turning up the heat.

That’s the Republicans in their enablement of Trump.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58511 Posts

Yes, until the next crazy figure people want to follow pops up, and the GOP won't do anything. The GOP is all about power at the expense of the country and their reputation. If the next nutcase likely gets them to win, they will enlist with them; they have learned nothing, and are only ditching Trump now because that ship is all but sunk.

The thing is, with the folks like Taliban and the Tea Party, they just get more and more extreme as time goes on.

Taliban led to Al Qaeda, Al Qaeda led to ISIS, and pretty soon we'll have some other terrorist organization.

Likewise, right-wing conservatism led to the Tea Party, Tea Party led to the MAGA cult, and in a few years those people will either come to their senses or associate with their next, more extreme cult leader.

Some things I fully expect to occur over the next few years in the USA:

• More presence of "militia" groups.
  • Numerous assassination and kidnapping attempts on government officials, non-Christian religious folks, and non-white organization leaders.
  • Right-wing extremism to become more extreme; I expect to hear on the news reports about the FBI busting up internet chat groups or whatever that were openly discussing and planning terrorism.
Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Ideas, for better and worse, are impossible to fully get rid of. White supremacy, Nazism, fascism, anti-Semitism, and many more awful ideologies are still around despite the clear evidence that they don't lead anywhere good or are basically evil. The MAGA cult will continue on, though not anywhere as influential as it once was.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 LJS9502_basic

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

Ideas, for better and worse, are impossible to fully get rid of. White supremacy, Nazism, fascism, anti-Semitism, and many more awful ideologies are still around despite the clear evidence that they don't lead anywhere good or are basically evil. The MAGA cult will continue on, though not anywhere as influential as it once was.

Right but you can't give them voice which trump unfortunately did.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4585 Posts

I hope it at least shrinks. Some of the things his ardent supporters believe are just insane.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7065 Posts

Nope and you can thank the left for it. Anyone blaming Trump as the only reason we are where we are right now is part of the problem.

First you would have to realize what happened before to get him elected in the first place.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mattbbpl

@silentchief: Oh, I'm so sorry we forced you to believe crackpot conspiracy theories and attempt to overthrow the government! We take personal responsibility for MAKING you do that! We are so sorry.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Silentchief

@mattbbpl said:

@silentchief: Oh, I'm so sorry we forced you to believe crackpot conspiracy theories and attempt to overthrow the government! We take personal responsibility for MAKING you do that! We are so sorry.

Another lizard brain leftist. Do you actually think I was at the capital trying to overthrow the government? And again it's funny you hate crackpot conspiracy theories. Your side has pedaled them non stop for 4 years. You still waiting on that proof Trump is a Russian agent?

Think about how we got here for a second, like how Trump was elected in the first place.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

Nope and you can thank the left for it. Anyone blaming Trump as the only reason we are where we are right now is part of the problem.

First you would have to realize what happened before to get him elected in the first place.

Nope. It's all on the trump set and their lies. This about their belief that the election was stolen from them. His culpability and other GOP leaders deserve ALL the blame for that. And those foolish enough to believe crazy conspiracies and ignore reality. That is who gets the blame for this. Their guilt cannot be assuaged by pushing blames on others.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

@silentchief said:

So the Trump cult was actually created by the left. lol....

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zaryia
@silentchief said:
@mattbbpl said:

And again it's funny you hate crackpot conspiracy theories. Your side has pedaled them non stop for 4 years. You still waiting on that proof Trump is a Russian agent?

Pretty sure it was the trump Election conspiracy theory that lead to this terrorism.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mattbbpl

@silentchief: I mean, you're the one on here blaming Democrats for a Republican attempted coup.

HoolaHoopMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 HoolaHoopMan
Member since 2009 • 14724 Posts

Trump's cult of morons will be here forever. They'll eventually evolve into something else, and their numbers will ebb and flow, but they'll be here. Our electorate will generally have a floor of 20% morons to keep GOP on life support in some form.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Silentchief

@mattbbpl: No I'm blaming Democrat's for why people had to turn to Trump in the first place. Spinless Republicans as well.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Silentchief

@mattbbpl: No I'm blaming Democrat's for why people had to turn to Trump in the first place. Spinless Republicans as well.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mattbbpl

@silentchief: And why is that?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

@silentchief: Republicans had 17 candidates running for president in 2016. Why did the democrats make them choose Trump in the primaries?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

You had a large number to choose from in the primary and picked the absolute worst.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Silentchief

@mattbbpl:

A combination of overt polical correctness and cancel culture. A flustrationin of many on the right that feel silenced and marginalized by mass media and big tech. The left didn't care. You either went along with whatever nonsense they pushed or you were a uneducated redneck, racist, sexist, bigot (etc) from the country.

None of the politicians on the right had the balls to even mention this or were not even smart enough to figure it out. Most of them just focused on the same tired bullshit the left and right have disagreed with on forever but couldn't acknowledge the current concerns the many on the right had.

Trumps campaign picked up on this and exploited it because nobody could come together and fix these issues beforehand. And now we are where we are. Looking at the reactions that both sides give to crisis things will only get worse.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mattbbpl

@silentchief: Wait. You had to overthrow the government because of political correctness? Because... What? Others ostracized you when you condemned gay people and minorities?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Silentchief

@mattbbpl: whoa you just proved my point.

Regardless this is a pointless conversation to have with you.

To answer the thread it won't go away it will evolve. And you can keep making threads about the 73 million evil racist. Enjoy!

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127528 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

@silentchief: Wait. You had to overthrow the government because of political correctness? Because... What? Others ostracized you when you condemned gay people and minorities?

@silentchief said:

To answer the thread it won't go away it will evolve. And you can keep making threads about the 73 million evil racist. Enjoy!

It's like I missed 10 messages between these two

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mattbbpl

@silentchief: I proved what, exactly? You keep operating in vagueries, and I'm trying to pin it down.

You said it was due to political correctness resulting in you being labelled, "an uneducated redneck, racist, sexist, bigot (etc) from the country."

What exactly do you want to be able to do that overthrowing the government will resolve?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LJS9502_basic

@silentchief said:

Typical response. Ignore what's said and go off on a tangent.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sancho_Panzer
Member since 2015 • 2525 Posts

@mattbbpl said:

It's weird isn't it... you call an ordinary behaviour polite and everyone's onboard, but call the same behaviour politically correct and suddenly you've stoked a mortal battle against tyranny. I wonder why that is.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silentchief

@sancho_panzer said:
@mattbbpl said:

It's weird isn't it... you call an ordinary behaviour polite and everyone's onboard, but call the same behaviour politically correct and suddenly you've stoked a mortal battle against tyranny. I wonder why that is.

The left doesn't have a whole lot of ordinary behaviors. They have consistently tried to normalize radical ideals. And any discussion against those ideals is met with hate and vitriol.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zaryia

@silentchief said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@mattbbpl said:

The left doesn't have a whole lot of ordinary behaviors. They have consistently tried to normalize radical ideals.

That's completely subjective. The left or Democrats have more nationally popular ideas and win more votes nationally.

@silentchief said:

And any discussion against those ideals is met with hate and vitriol.

Unpopular and bad ideas can cause that. Like I can see why there would be a backlash against hate speech, domestic terrorism (the right make up most of this), trickle down, climate denial, Southern strategy denial, racism denial, mask denial, election denial, evolution denial, anti-gay, anti-minority, Gerrymandering, etc. You're going to get shit on online when you present garbage, be less of a snowflake with some tough skin or stop spouting trash ideas.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 mattbbpl

@silentchief: You pleaded with us to understand what forced you to turn to Trump. I'm asking questions about it, explain it to us.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Silentchief

@mattbbpl: lol plead? I tried to have a simple conversation and your response was to link the entire party to the actions of a few hundred extremist and imply everyone condemned gay people and minorities.

mattbbpl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mattbbpl

@silentchief said:

@mattbbpl: lol plead? I tried to have a simple conversation and your response was to link the entire party to the actions of a few hundred extremist and imply everyone condemned gay people and minorities.

Alright, hold up. I linked the party to the actions of a few hundred because you did here:

@silentchief said:

I thought we were in agreement that the link was there due to this response, and you were trying to explain "the reason we are where we are," and why the party "got him elected in the first place."

The reason why I mentioned gay people and minorities is because you did here:

@silentchief said:

@mattbbpl:

A combination of overt polical correctness and cancel culture. A flustrationin of many on the right that feel silenced and marginalized by mass media and big tech. The left didn't care. You either went along with whatever nonsense they pushed or you were a uneducated redneck, racist, sexist, bigot (etc) from the country.

You explicitly mentioned political correctness causing members of the party to be labelled as "uneducated redneck, racist, sexist, bigot (etc)".

At this point I have no idea what you want, and I'm pretty sure no one else reading this does either. Please explain it to us in concrete details. What do do you want to be able to do or have happen that forced the party to take us "where we are."

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sancho_Panzer

@silentchief said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@mattbbpl said:

The left doesn't have a whole lot of ordinary behaviors. They have consistently tried to normalize radical ideals. And any discussion against those ideals is met with hate and vitriol.

I don't know, maybe. About three quarters of the complaints I hear about "the left" or "the right" have literally nothing to do with what most of the world understands by left or right wing political alignment. It's a bit of a hard sell internationally.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Silentchief

@zaryia: Except the left sees Racism in everything. You snowflakes have cried and bitched and consistently blamed your failures mostly on a single group of people.

You call everything you disagree with hate speech. You have radical left groups that cause riots and billions of dollars in damage and you fail to acknowledge they even exist all while your voters commit the majority of all crimes. You talk about growing tough skin? You cry babies ban and silence anyone you disagree with.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Silentchief

@sancho_panzer said:
@silentchief said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@mattbbpl said:

I don't know, maybe. About three quarters of the complaints I hear about "the left" or "the right" have literally nothing to do with what most of the world understands by left or right wing political alignment. It's a bit of a hard sell internationally.

Examples?

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

@silentchief: so because the left acted in a certain way (in your view btw, I don't agree with it) that those on the right didn't care for, they picked Trump because he exploited the situation and the democrats are somehow to blame for the actions of the Republicans and Trump?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@silentchief: Are you done with this charade?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zaryia

@silentchief said:

@zaryia: Except the left sees Racism in everything. You snowflakes have cried and bitched and consistently blamed your failures mostly on a single group of people.

You call everything you disagree with hate speech. You have radical left groups that cause riots and billions of dollars in damage and you fail to acknowledge they even exist all while your voters commit the majority of all crimes. You talk about growing tough skin? You cry babies ban and silence anyone you disagree with.

I'm not radical left. Why do you deflect in every thread.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Silentchief
@mattbbpl said:
@silentchief said:

Alright, hold up. I linked the party to the actions of a few hundred because you did here:

@silentchief said:

I thought we were in agreement that the link was there due to this response, and you were trying to explain "the reason we are where we are," and why the party "got him elected in the first place."

The reason why I mentioned gay people and minorities is because you did here:

@silentchief said:

@mattbbpl:

You explicitly mentioned political correctness causing members of the party to be labelled as "uneducated redneck, racist, sexist, bigot (etc)".

At this point I have no idea what you want, and I'm pretty sure no one else reading this does either. Please explain it to us in concrete details. What do do you want to be able to do or have happen that forced the party to take us "where we are."

I'm talking about the big picture. Why we are where we are in American politics. And why we voted for Trump.

I'll give you a few example.

Do you feel someone can want a secure boarder without being a racist?

Do you feel that's it's possible to not support the BLM movement but not hate minorities?

Do you feel that one can disagree with educational systems wanting to get read of gendered language and their not a transphobe?

Can people express these views publicly and peacefully without you considering it hate speech?

Can you answer those questions so I can get an idea of your viewpoint?

Then maybe I can better explain it to you.

Sancho_Panzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sancho_Panzer

@silentchief said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@silentchief said:
@sancho_panzer said:
@mattbbpl said:

Examples?

Nope. Offering an opinion, not a debate. Feel free to disregard if it doesn't ring true for you.

Skarwolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#48 Skarwolf
Member since 2006 • 2718 Posts

Make America Great Again was used by numerous presidents before Trump. Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Killary all used the statement.

Just that mentally disturbed people become unhinged and associate it with Trump.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-609b1cfe23050

@Skarwolf: Nice try. Only Reagan (Maybe Bush) used it as a campaign slogan. Killary? If you want to be taken seriously you should avoid such silly names. More so after what vanilla isis did in Trumps name.

Trump and his supporters are why each generation is increasingly liberal.

npiet1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 npiet1
Member since 2018 • 3576 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@npiet1 said:

trump did a lot of damage to the country. He constantly played us vs them. I can think of no president that every did that. And if you think that didn't have an effect on his base I have DC statue to sell you.

And the democrats didn't do the same thing? Even the media fueled it. HE GOT 2 SCOOPS OF ICE-CREAM!

@mattbbpl said:
@npiet1 said:

Even an armed and deadly attempted coup isn't enough to dissuade the both sides crowd. Damn, that is impressive.

The storming of the capital wasn't a coup, it was pissed off people. All they did was wreck the joint. No politician died, nothing really happened.