Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 0

#901 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49590 Posts

@lundy86_4 said:

This thread's progressing well lol.

Asking for any elaboration is like fighting tooth and nail. They've dug the hole so deep that their only option is to keep going down. lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#902  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59332 Posts
@eoten said:

Media neutrality hasn't collapsed. Only the illusion that it was ever anything else has.

Too broad a sentence.

Left media, particularly in Britain was always more objective than the right. Not going to speak for America. But UK wise, clear, clear distinction in wording, goals, fact checking etc...

Your Suns, your Daily Records, News Of The World etc... etc.. etc...

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#903 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Asking for any elaboration is like fighting tooth and nail. They've dug the hole so deep that their only option is to keep going down. lol

Yeah, genuinely confusing lol.

Eoten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#904 Eoten
Member since 2020 • 8671 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@eoten said:

Media neutrality hasn't collapsed. Only the illusion that it was ever anything else has.

Too broad a sentence.

Left media, particularly in Britain was always more objective than the right. Not going to speak for America. But UK wise, clear, clear distinction in wording, goals, fact checking etc...

Your Suns, your Daily Records, News Of The World etc... etc.. etc...

Just because you believe they're being objective and following facts doesn't mean they are. They follow their political leanings and pick and choose the fact checking that best suits them. I'll give you an example. The media pushed a lot of articles saying "no evidence people who recover from Covid have immunity." Factually, it was true at the time, but clearly sent a message that lead people to believe that they weren't going to have immunity after recovering from Covid, which would be extremely rare and unlikely. There was also no evidence that people who recover didn't have immunity. They pick and chose one fact, and omitted the other for the explicit intent of misleading readers/viewers to believing in something we know is completely false and they knew at the time was in all likeliness false as well.

There are many ways to bullshit people with statistics. You can be sure media outlets know how.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#905  Edited By FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20251 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@lundy86_4 said:

What I learned here, this political forums does not have a good diversity of thought. Most posters here are left leaning biased and not question the sources they provide. If you don't lean a certain way, you're considered far right. Some here are too stubborn to even not engage to conversation and not bother looking at alternative sources. One poster thinks they're so smart that they have "Better" sources. Last, you have foreign posters that follow American politics moreso than their own.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#906  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@lundy86_4 said:
@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@lundy86_4 said:

If you don't lean a certain way, you're considered far right. Some here are too stubborn to even not engage to conversation and not bother looking at alternative sources. One poster thinks they're so smart that they have "Better" sources.

The other side does this too here, only with more clear intentions to destroy and derail threads. Two posters enter my threads and spam off-topic garbage until they original post is a long gone thought.

The left does this too, but to many on the right (including posters here) you are far left if you don't agree with objectively false statements. Even though I have explicitly said I'm center-left and agree with Manchin on most things. I'm considered far left because I cited the Republican lead ICA and DOJ reports from 2017. Far left for agreeing with the objective facts presented by Republican election officials. Far left for citing peer reviewed studies from non political bodies regarding science topics. Some idiot said I shouldn't bring up Fox because I was against Rittenhouse even though I defended Rittenhouse in this thread. He didn't look at my post ITT, he just saw that I didn't like Trump (most Americans didn't, so how is that far left) so assumed I want Kyle hung.

It's tribalism. Almost cult like.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#907  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23995 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:

What I learned here, this political forums does not have a good diversity of thought. Most posters here are left leaning biased and not question the sources they provide. If you don't lean a certain way, you're considered far right. Some here are too stubborn to even not engage to conversation and not bother looking at alternative sources. One poster thinks they're so smart that they have "Better" sources. Last, you have foreign posters that follow American politics moreso than their own.

Lots of false accusations here. But I want to touch on these 2.

"One poster thinks they're so smart that they have "Better" sources."

Are you referring to Zaryia? Zaryia, DOES use mostly academic sources. Which ARE infinitely more credible than YouTube trash. Which often are the sources of many of those he debates with.

"Last, you have foreign posters that follow American politics moreso than their own."

Pretty much all 3 non-americans here follow local politics over US politics. We just use American politics as a proxy to explain our concepts to make them more relatable to you guys, or because there is more available research and academic data on American sources. When we create threads, the threads are usually on international issues.

But don't take my word for it. Look in the political priorities thread, look in the "You are now president thread". It is abundantly clear from that post that our priorities are local.