Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7187 Posts

https://www.ign.com/articles/tomb-raider-3-remaster-seems-to-quietly-edit-out-lara-croft-pinup-posters-in-recent-patch

so sick of western developers. I say we boycott these developers that don't look at there targeting audience. who complains about this? why do they win or matter? they don't even play video games. sad world we line in need to censor yet only fans is all over the place or x rated pop ups on your phones or facebook.

surprised they didn't update it so she has a men's jaw line.

funny how quietly they did it because they know they are wrong for it.

what do you say system wars should we start pulling a bud light on these western developers and start boycotting them?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#2 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44239 Posts

Meh. Can’t say I’m really all that bothered by this one way or the other to be honest. 🤷‍♂️

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2426 Posts

"No fun allowed," say these ideologues. Can you imagine how insufferable one must be around other people that something like this bothers them so much that they had to do this, knowing the reaction it would get?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6899 Posts

Just let them die. Western developers will continue to struggle until they purge leftist puritans from their companies.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17436 Posts

Lol, they are just the making things easier for modders lol

Now they don't have to remove or cover textures before adding real nudes.

Good job guys, you failed successfully

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50575 Posts

It's dumb, but doesn't effect me. However, people thinking this will not escalate into others things are hilarious.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Gifford38

@Chutebox said:

It's dumb, but doesn't effect me. However, people thinking this will not escalate into others things are hilarious.

Thats the only reason this bothers me. I could careless about these posters but what does the future hold in video games if this has to get a quiet update.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6139 Posts

@gifford38: Have you bought the remasters, or are you one of those that is just getting angry so you can wave your fist and scream woke?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaVillain  Moderator  Online
Member since 2014 • 56163 Posts

Strange, it seems odd they went to a lot of trouble just to remove a few couple of harmless posters. We know that there's the reason why but they might have done it, but could it be because due to copyright instead? I think Aspyr ought to explain why they removed the posters, because doing it like this isn't helping their image? Especially after the disaster from Battlefront launch.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60715 Posts

Those bastards

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7296 Posts

That's kinda dumb. If they were going to do this, they should have been cut before release. Must have been a decision from someone high up that didn't know they were there until after. But really, they were part of the old games and didn't need to be removed.

That said, kind of a nothing burger. Very little effect on the game. If it's important enough to you for a boycott, go for it I guess. I still plan to play these one day.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44581 Posts

Dumb, but I'm not going to make a big deal about it either.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5258 Posts

Interesting how the ideological attitudes of the users on this forum have different takes on the removal of the Lara Croft posters, with the right-leaning users here take issue with it due to censorship concerns while the left-leaning users see it as a "nothing burger."

I thought that the developers had said that they will retain the "objectable" content in the Tomb Raider games, but removing the posters contradicts what they said. Not only that, but they did not give a reason for why they removed them through a recent update.

ShadyAcshuns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ShadyAcshuns
Member since 2023 • 275 Posts

Oh they've just gotten started ruining Ms. Croft.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#16  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69602 Posts

Fragile gamers are hilarious.And now they want to cancel the game, the irony.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Gifford38

@Pedro: I'm not fragile. My god ok So tell me then. What is the reason or the point of if? Since you made like it makes since tell me. If it doesn't bother you tell why it makes since.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pedro

@gifford38: More like you should elaborate why a silly poster that is irrelevant to the experience and most gamers never notice nor care about is all of a sudden an issue and a gross injustice?🤔

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gifford38

@last_lap: no but I did buy hfw2 expecting the same person but instead got a male jaw bone alloy. Did I once say woke? No it's the fact we can't get the same game. You know remastered. Just to please what can't be more than 20 people lol.

It's stupid to point that if I say something people think I'm stupid. I shouldn't have to say something because. omg ready for it? It shouldn't been done period. Period and I think people should stand up to get our nastogia the way it was made.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6139 Posts

@gifford38: I've played (and finished the first HZD game) and she's not a looker, but I skipped all cutscenes and was playing the gane with her back to me, so I didn't notice too much, as for the second game, didn't buy it and don't care what she looks like.

As for TR, well buy the OG's and you can play to your uncensored hearts content, problem solved.

To me it's a mountain out of a mole hill on the scale of what's wrong with video games today.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Damn woke bastards

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34645 Posts

Phew. Someone could've seen it and become a serial killer. Or a woman hater. We're so lucky to be protected like this.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52437 Posts

Why even bother with a trigger warning, then? Not that it wasn't laughable to begin with.

When it comes down to it, video games are for children. Shouldn't be surprised with these mommydaddy companies deciding what people can and can't see. I can't imagine how obnoxious it must be to work at that place. Nazis.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

@Pedro: wouldn't it be fair to say the people complaining about "hot chicks" in video games are the ones being fragile?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59035 Posts

The problem I have with this is that had they done it pre-launch, I wouldn't care.

It's the fact they went in, after I bought the game and removed and edited content. Doesn't really matter if you're some fucking, frothing at the mouth incel or batshit insane pink haired Resetera user, that's bullshit.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gifford38

@Pedro said:

@gifford38: More like you should elaborate why a silly poster that is irrelevant to the experience and most gamers never notice nor care about is all of a sudden an issue and a gross injustice?🤔

most gamers never notice yet its on ign.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pedro

@gifford38: So you can't elaborate.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Gifford38

so I guess everyone like females with male jaw lines and censoring our games.

the new artist said he had to draw her with a male jaw line for the trans people.

but gamers like that I guess.

especially Pedro and last lap. they love these new female looks.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44104 Posts

lol :P

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

the new artist said he had to draw her with a male jaw line for the trans people.

Fragile man strikes again.😂

pixieValerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#31 pixieValerie
Member since 2019 • 362 Posts

Why though? The game is already rated M and released with them in and I doubt anyone's getting offended by them. Dumb shit like this annoys me.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Fragile man strikes again.😂

nope I have balls to say something. everyone is scared to stick up to these elites that is pushing this gender stuff and for freedom of speech again. I stand up for woman like Gina Carano. fragile man does not own a desert eagle,shotgun, and ak-47.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

nope I have balls to say something. everyone is scared to stick up to these elites that is pushing this gender stuff and for freedom of speech again. I stand up for woman like Gina Carano. fragile man does not own a desert eagle,shotgun, and ak-47.

So, you believe that owning a gun makes you less fragile?😂

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

So, you believe that owning a gun makes you less fragile?😂

funny how other people in here think its stupid to yet im the only one fragile what ever.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Gifford38
@pixievalerie said:

Why though? The game is already rated M and released with them in and I doubt anyone's getting offended by them. Dumb shit like this annoys me.

watch out pedro going to call you fragile man for being annoyed.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Pedro

@gifford38 said:

funny how other people in here think its stupid to yet im the only one fragile what ever.

You are the one that created the thread crying about pixelated pinups and subbing to cancel culture.🤷🏽‍♂️

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Gifford38

@last_lap said:

@gifford38: I've played (and finished the first HZD game) and she's not a looker, but I skipped all cutscenes and was playing the gane with her back to me, so I didn't notice too much, as for the second game, didn't buy it and don't care what she looks like.

As for TR, well buy the OG's and you can play to your uncensored hearts content, problem solved.

To me it's a mountain out of a mole hill on the scale of what's wrong with video games today.

I thought alloy was perfect in the first game. pretty but not omg in your face pretty like steller blade. no reason to change her. worst one is mary jane from spiderman 1 to 2.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You are the one that created the thread crying about pixelated pinups and subbing to cancel culture.🤷🏽‍♂️

put yet others agree with me. its was a m rated game changed to teen. took out blood and all. yet its geared to 40 year olds nostalgia. again no reason for it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

put yet others agree with me. its was a m rated game changed to teen. took out blood and all. yet its geared to 40 year olds nostalgia. again no reason for it.

You may have forgotten your hissy fit. Let me remind you

so sick of western developers. I say we boycott these developers that don't look at there targeting audience. who complains about this? why do they win or matter? they don't even play video games. sad world we line in need to censor yet only fans is all over the place or x rated pop ups on your phones or facebook.

what do you say system wars should we start pulling a bud light on these western developers and start boycotting them?

Cancel culture strikes again.🤷🏽‍♂️

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You may have forgotten your hissy fit. Let me remind you

Cancel culture strikes again.🤷🏽‍♂️

not a rissy fit. when you get twitters from a white female employee at bud lite talk crap about gen x white man and we don't matter and don't need them. thats when the boycott started because those gen x are 90% of there buyers. same with tomb raider developers saying im glad white men don't like the new model. again hating on there targeted audience. same with mcu. same with all entertainment like action movies targeting females yet thats what romantic comedy's are for. we done with this push lets hate white men narrative.

lol cancel culture nothing to do with that.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Pedro

@gifford38: So you are fragile and an advocate of cancel culture(boycotting).

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2426 Posts

Pedro is pretty cringey.

I just don't understand how, as a business, they can be so ideological that they would reject/forgo massively lucrative sex appeal (where it fits). Their job is to make money. Goes for all of them, not just Crystal/Aspyr.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#43 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19582 Posts

Wait, holy shit, you guys are being serious.

You're actually, genuinely in tears over this change. That's incredible.

I can imagine 12 year olds caring, but adults? You'd have to be *really* deep down some toxic YouTube hole if this bothers you in the slightest.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Pedro

@warm_gun said:

Pedro is pretty cringey.

I just don't understand how, as a business, they can be so ideological that they would reject/forgo massively lucrative sex appeal (where it fits). Their job is to make money. Goes for all of them, not just Crystal/Aspyr.

Cringey? Are you serious? Your argument is that the removal of this poster which the absolute majority of gamers would not have missed is going to cost these companies money because gamers bought the game for these low res pinups? Y'all are silly.😂

Agent_Stroud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Agent_Stroud
Member since 2020 • 534 Posts

@Planeforger: The anti-woke rabbit hole clearly takes a toll on one’s ability to act like a normal, well-adjusted adult. 😏

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By uninspiredcup
@warm_gun said:

Pedro is pretty cringey.

As unlikely as it sounds, it could be a licensing issue. This wouldn't be the first time either, Grand Theft Auto removed tracks. And many of these Lara Croft renders at the time were in magazines and such, not rendered directly by Eidos.

This of course,, purely speculation.

However, my issue is developers, thanks to how things work not "you not owning the game", the ability to arbitrarily remove shit on a whim after release where they can dish out patches on Steam with no option to revert and generally speaking, no warning etc...

Ideally you want options.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Miquella
Member since 2022 • 757 Posts

New normal

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3229 Posts

Looks like the posters will be brought back again

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2024/04/tomb-raider-i-iii-remastered-will-restore-missing-posters-in-patch-3

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By uninspiredcup

Yep. It was wrong to remove content post-launch.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3229 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

Yep. It was wrong to remove content post-launch.

Asypr claims that the posters were accidentally removed because the previous update caused that to happen, but I don't believe them.

Don't get me wrong, removing the posters doesn't ruin the entire game anyways since it wasn't a gameplay feature or something, but the backlash that they got definitely forced them to bring them back again.