Even Sega is getting in on the PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
With another Jab!!!

'Vaio PS3' would appeal to right people, says Sonic Team boss

Tuesday 6-Feb-2007 4:59 PM Sonic Team director talks to CVG about Sony's PlayStation 3 strategy

Sonic Team boss and director of Sonic and the Secret Rings, Yogiro Ogawa, cites the PS3 as "very expensive", in a recent interview with CVG.

When asked if he thought the features the PS3 offer are worth the hefty price tag, Ogawa replied: "Now I think that if Sony had sold the PS3 alongside the Vaio brand, maybe like calling it the 'Vaio PS3' or something like that, it may have been more appealing to the right people.

"I think that the way in which Sony has chosen to approach the PS3 could have been better. It's very expensive."

He does however give Nintendo the thumbs up, saying: "If you look at videogame history, Nintendo hardware always extends on what we have. They design, develop and create new toys." He later cites the Wii Remote as "a fun device to design games for" due to it's innovation and the new challenges is poses for developers.

Look out for the full interview with Ogawa tomorrow, in which we discuss the innovations of Sonic and the Secret Rings, the future of Sonic and life at Sonic Team without departed boss, Yuji Naka.
Gallows-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Gallows-Beast
Member since 2007 • 163 Posts
Considering how bad the last Sonic game sucked, why dos anyone care what Sega think?
Innovazero2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Innovazero2000
Member since 2006 • 3159 Posts
[QUOTE="Acenso"]With another Jab!!!

'Vaio PS3' would appeal to right people, says Sonic Team boss

Tuesday 6-Feb-2007 4:59 PM Sonic Team director talks to CVG about Sony's PlayStation 3 strategy

Sonic Team boss and director of Sonic and the Secret Rings, Yogiro Ogawa, cites the PS3 as "very expensive", in a recent interview with CVG.

When asked if he thought the features the PS3 offer are worth the hefty price tag, Ogawa replied: "Now I think that if Sony had sold the PS3 alongside the Vaio brand, maybe like calling it the 'Vaio PS3' or something like that, it may have been more appealing to the right people.

"I think that the way in which Sony has chosen to approach the PS3 could have been better. It's very expensive."

He does however give Nintendo the thumbs up, saying: "If you look at videogame history, Nintendo hardware always extends on what we have. They design, develop and create new toys." He later cites the Wii Remote as "a fun device to design games for" due to it's innovation and the new challenges is poses for developers.

Look out for the full interview with Ogawa tomorrow, in which we discuss the innovations of Sonic and the Secret Rings, the future of Sonic and life at Sonic Team without departed boss, Yuji Naka.

No wonder Sega is failing. It doesn't matter if it was under the "Vaio". It's the casuals that buy consoles, it's expensive. Sony Vaios are nice pieces of hardware, but they are expensive. Stuff like that becomes a niche market, not a mass market...
DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts
VF 5 anyone?
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

Considering how bad the last Sonic game sucked, why dos anyone care what Sega think?Gallows-Beast

Cows are hyping Virtua Fighter 5 as the second coming. I guess It's AM2 and not Sonic Team but it's still Sega. Anyway he is just saying what everyone already knows, the PS3 is expensive.

jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

I'd like to remind the inevitable "Who cares what Sega thinks" cows that are about to jump into the fray here en masse that there #1 hyped game this Spring, the one that just got a perfect 10 by one of the EGM reviewers is made by....

Sega.

DaysAirlines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaysAirlines
Member since 2006 • 9537 Posts

I'd like to remind the inevitable "Who cares what Sega thinks" cows that are about to jump into the fray here en masse that there #1 hyped game this Spring, the one that just got a perfect 10 by one of the EGM reviewers is made by....

Sega.

jvonrader
The person that gave VF5 in EGM is a huge cow though, he thought that RFOM would be the most talked about game of 2006.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts

[QUOTE="Gallows-Beast"]Considering how bad the last Sonic game sucked, why dos anyone care what Sega think?Strakha

Cows are hyping Virtua Fighter 5 as the second coming. I guess It's AM2 and not Sonic Team but it's still Sega. Anyway he is just saying what everyone already knows, the PS3 is expensive.

pshhh, screw VF5, it doesnt have online, i rather just pay$15-$20 for Tekken DR but i understand what Sega is trying to say, however i dont agree with them
Acenso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Acenso
Member since 2006 • 2355 Posts
[QUOTE="jvonrader"]

Sega.

DaysAirlines
The person that gave VF5 in EGM is a huge cow though, he thought that RFOM would be the most talked about game of 2006.

You know EGM's scores are from 3 different people
Avatar image for Mancow_wrestler
Mancow_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mancow_wrestler
Member since 2006 • 1249 Posts
Considering how bad the last Sonic game sucked, why dos anyone care what Sega think?Gallows-Beast
My thoughts exactly.... :(
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

HAHA :lol:

sad but true