mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

After listening to some sci-fi podcasts and plaything through Avatar: Frontiers of Pandora, I was wondering if you had any recommendations for games that were like Aliens vs Predator.

Especially if they let you play as the monster! :D Doesn't necessarily need to be sci-fi, either, I'm just wondering if there were any other games out there like that. I'm looking for a game where I can stalk enemies, have myself a fun power trip, etc.

Also, anyone else think Massive Entertainment should make an AvP game? They really nailed the James Cameron sci-fi aesthetic--that sort of industrial, brutalistic concrete-and-steel industrial look you see in Aliens--and they have made some really great games!

Anyway, thanks in advance, hope you can come up with some suggestions! Would prefer singleplayer.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46613 Posts

Left 4 dead lets you play as the monsters.

Aside from that: have you played Alien Isolation? It really draws me in and feels exactly like the movies.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mrbojangles25

Did anyone play the most recent AvP? The one by Rebellion? I heard not-so-good things about it but I sort of skipped that one. Not sure if I want to ruin my fond memories of AvP 2 with a crappy follow up.

*Jeez didn't realize that game is already 14 years old!

@R4gn4r0k said:

Left 4 dead lets you play as the monsters.

Aside from that: have you played Alien Isolation? It really draws me in and feels exactly like the movies.

Yeah haha Alien Isolation scared the crap out of me. I think it is an incredible game, but I don't do well with that kind of horror. Good recommendation in general, but I want to play as the monster 😈

Seriously though, probably one of the best scary games in recent years. I should probably give it another go.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25050 Posts

Predator Game made by Teyon. Robocop developers would be treat. these guys can do justice.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts

The only game i can think of is the original Crysis with a little tweak to the gameplay (so you need the PC version).

You can go to the settings file and change the stealth energy drain rate to 0 (I think it was). This didn't give you unlimited stealth as activating it would slowly drain your energy. But you could move around a lot more.

I had a lot of fun being a complete prick against the AI :D.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

Alien Isolation was good indeed.

Not single player, but Natural Selection 2 maybe?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 R4gn4r0k

@mrbojangles25: Played through Isolation again recently and I would even call it one of the best games today! There is an AI increased texture pack that helps if you play on a high res monitor.

As for the newest AvP? Yeah it's really good too. Though the best part by far is the marine part. Rebellion is a great developer, I love all of their work.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mrbojangles25

@Litchie said:

Alien Isolation was good indeed.

Not single player, but Natural Selection 2 maybe?

NS2 was great. I think I spent a lot of time back in the day with NS1. CS, DoD, and NS were my Half-Life mods of choice back then 😀

@R4gn4r0k said:

@mrbojangles25: Played through Isolation again recently and I would even call it one of the best games today! There is an AI increased texture pack that helps if you play on a high res monitor.

As for the newest AvP? Yeah it's really good too. Though the best part by far is the marine part. Rebellion is a great developer, I love all of their work.

Nice, I'll check it out. Should be exactly what I'm looking for.

@ghosts4ever said:

Predator Game made by Teyon. Robocop developers would be treat. these guys can do justice.

Yeah they might be pretty good but honestly this is one game I might actually want to see a AAA developer make.

I know, I know...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k

Destroy all humans lets you play as the bad guy.

I'm playing Manhunt 2 on PS2 right now and I have a feeling that I'm not playing as the good guy.

As for playing as a monster, I have a very bad time coming up with any.

I'm sure though that in previous generations (Xbox 360, original Xbox) there must've been way more.

What sci-fi podcasts you listening to, friend?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mrbojangles25

@R4gn4r0k said:

Destroy all humans lets you play as the bad guy.

I'm playing Manhunt 2 on PS2 right now and I have a feeling that I'm not playing as the good guy.

As for playing as a monster, I have a very bad time coming up with any.

I'm sure though that in previous generations (Xbox 360, original Xbox) there must've been way more.

What sci-fi podcasts you listening to, friend?

Oh ya, I need to play through Destroy All Humans. Bought the remaster on a whim some time ago, thought it was fun but set it aside as I was busy with other games.

As for the podcasts, I've been on a bit of a "HFY" sci-fi bender (Humans! F*** YEAH!). They're a reddit thing and I guess they upload them to Youtube and use one of those weird AI voices to read them. So it's more of audible short stories than podcasts.

They're fun though, even if they're done by amateurs and kind of weird to listen to. It's fun hearing the stories from other perspectives, like how aliens stumble across humans and are like "Hahah look at these primitive humans" but then they get their asses kicked because the humans are able to jury-rig FTL engines to space-tugboats and rush the alien's home planet lol.

It's trash but it's perfect for when I'm building a factory or city or what have you.

The channel is SciFi Stories.