Gamespot:Xbox Live: No Longer the Gold Standard

This topic is locked from further discussion.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#551 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts
[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

No doubt, XBL fees are hard to justify but the overall Xbox experience is worth it in terms of entertainment value otherwise ppl wouldn't use it.

On the whole I like both consoles, there's really no platform that I dislike.

tormentos
People pay because they don't have a choice,i wanted to play Halo Reach online,so i pay for 3 months did i wanted to pay.? No i did not want to but i had to if i wanted to play the game..

Of course they have a choice, don't play the game or buy a Ps3, i don't understand this attitude that people where forced to buy a 360 and then forced to play online, there is always a Choice man, you CHOSE to play Halo reach, obviously you felt you really had to play Halo reach, Fair enough, and i understand that you feel disgruntled that you had to pay for live to play it online, obviously you don't see value in the service and i respect that but you had a choice, you could have just walked away and not played it, i didn't play Reach online, the good thing about 360 Exclusives is that they offer a ton of offline content, theatre mode, Firefight, horde mode, Split screen co-op, thats where i feel Halo 4 messed it up, they got rid of firefight which means it had less offline content, i still have Reach, Halo 4 i traded in after about a week, i was very dissapointed in what they cut in offline play, i could no longer customise my players look within the campaign and No firefight (big mistake on 343's part) it just didn't have as many offline hours as reach, nice shiny graphics but no substance really, a step foreward in Graphics, a step backwards in Content.
ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#553 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

[QUOTE="ZombieKiller7"]

No doubt, XBL fees are hard to justify but the overall Xbox experience is worth it in terms of entertainment value otherwise ppl wouldn't use it.

On the whole I like both consoles, there's really no platform that I dislike.

tormentos

People pay because they don't have a choice,i wanted to play Halo Reach online,so i pay for 3 months did i wanted to pay.? No i did not want to but i had to if i wanted to play the game..

So?

I didn't want to pay for WoW subscription, but I felt like playing, so they got my $15 for a month.

Same concept.

onewiththegame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#554 onewiththegame
Member since 2004 • 4415 Posts

love seeing people justifying getting ripped off, its a funny site

Chris_Williams
Gamespot admits live was the "gold standard" all gen how is that getting ripped off you pay for quality
leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#555 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

now that sony also does it, is it ok?

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#556 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

@leandrro: this is an thread that was made before either PS4 and Xbone were announced.

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#557 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Link3301 said:

@leandrro: this is an thread that was made before either PS4 and Xbone were announced.

thats why im asking,

one years later, both sony and M$ are putting this non sense to console gamers

is it ok now? will gamespot have the balls to say again that xbox and ps4 consumers are getting robed?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#558 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

Sony doesn't erect a nonsensical barrier for those who would rather avoid a costly subscription fee. Rather than charge extra for features that should be standard, such as online gaming and useful apps, Plus makes the PlayStation 3 and Vita's wide assortment of games more readily accessible.

By gamers for gamers the SONY way.

Thank you Sony.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#559  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@leandrro said:

@Link3301 said:

thats why im asking,

one years later, both sony and M$ are putting this non sense to console gamers

is it ok now? will gamespot have the balls to say again that xbox and ps4 consumers are getting robed?

1. don't post in a fucking year old thread ~ with 200 post you would think you would know this by now
  2. getting robbed umm by adding more features, updating their system constantly, nice download speeds, quality online
kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#560 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115434 Posts

@leandrro said:

now that sony also does it, is it ok?

Just a heads up for the future. Leave old topics the way they are. If you feel that you can bring life to one, best thing to do is re make it. :)