Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

Lems don't need no stinkin HD2. We're likely getting a much better version. ;o

Anyway, sounds cool. Anyone here try out this group's Forge BR mode?

Thoughts SW?

lol :P

The Story

----

Halo Infinite Getting Helldivers 2-Like Experience Thanks to Forge

• The Forge Falcons, a group known for Halo Forge content, is working on a Helldivers 2-like mode for Halo Infinite, inspired by ODST.
  • The fan-made Inheritor Battle Royale mode went viral, and now fans eagerly await the new Helldivers 2 mode.
    • Details are currently sparse, but procedurally generated maps, rotating objectives, and AI enemies might feature in the upcoming mode.

A Halo Infinite Forge group, known as the Forge Falcons, is working on a Helldivers 2-like game mode for Xbox's flagship franchise. Halo Infinite fans might recognize the group's name, which previously released the popular Inheritor Battle Royale mode.

The fan-made battle royale mode, which was shockingly robust, quickly went viral within the Halo community following its October launch. The Forge group had answered fans' requests for a Halo-themed battle royale, which had long been rumored to be in development by 343 Industries before it was reportedly shelved. However, recent datamining indicates that the Forge Falcons' Inheritor mode might be added as an official game type in the future. Following the Falcons' successful battle royale release, it seems that the group has set its sights on its next ambitious project. A Halo 3 modder reveals a surprising secret about one of the title's most iconic campaign levels, highlighting the ingenuity of game developers.

• The Forge Falcons' Twitter account revealed that the group is working on a Helldivers 2-like mode for Halo Infinite with an ODST theme, who are also known as "Helljumpers" within Halo lore. Fans have previously speculated that Helldivers may have been partially inspired by Halo's Helljumpers due to their similar names and roles; both groups are dropped into the heat of battle from space using orbital drop pods. The Forge Falcons confirmed that concept art and a list of features for the mode will be released in the future, but for now, details remain pretty sparse. However, the group did state that it aims to replicate Helldivers 2's intense action, mentioning the game's use of objectives, side objectives, and outposts.

Fan-Made Helldivers 2 Mode Coming To Halo Infinite

• The Forge Falcons

@TheForgeFalcons

·

Follow

We will be bringing the Helldivers 2 Experience to Halo Infinite using Forge. When the art is ready, we will post it alongside all of the features that Helljumpers will launch with! Have any questions? leave them below! But if not, prepare to step feet first into hell.Show more

Similar to the Forge Falcons' Inheritor Battle Royale mode, its Helldivers 2mode might feature a procedurally generated map that partially changes with every playthrough, complete with rotating objectives that aim to recreate the ones seen in Helldivers 2.Halo Infinite's detailed Forge editor, which also allows creators to customize and implement their own Covenant or Banished AI enemies, would likely support these features. The Forge Falcons did not specify when fans can expect the next Hell jumpers reveal, other than "when the art is ready."

Close

As for an official ODST-themed Halo game, it seems that Halo fans could have gotten one. Recently, a former lead developer at 343 said that employees pitched dozens of ideas for Halo games, none of which were greenlit. These ideas included ODST-inspired concepts for both single-player and multiplayer formats.

As for the game's official updates, Halo Infinite continues to receive new content, with recent additions coming from the Halo TV show. This week, players can unlock the helmet of Vannak, one of the characters seen in Paramount's show.

Halo Infinite

Halo Infinite is the latest entry in the long-running Halo series. A first for the franchise, this game is open-world, features a grapple system, and more.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

People got tired of waiting for Sony to become third party so they did it themselves, brilliant.

This is why every single game should have mod support.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@R4gn4r0k said:

People got tired of waiting for Sony to become third party so they did it themselves, brilliant.

With all the bad news, shan't be long now before they go 3rd party. lol :P

And totally agree with your last sentence. ;)

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

more like halo fans got pissed at 343 for canceling forge so they did themselves.

xbox gamers are not trying to be like sony or waiting for sony to be third party.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1281 Posts

That's interesting, good for them. It's not out yet though?

Also interesting, Halo Infinite apparently had a Battle Royale mode made in Forge that went viral? I don't recall that...

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 13105 Posts

@gifford38 said:

343 for canceling forge

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice

@girlusocrazy said:

That's interesting, good for them. It's not out yet though?

Also interesting, Halo Infinite apparently had a Battle Royale mode made in Forge that went viral? I don't recall that...

On that last part, yeah, I was hoping for someone here who tried it to comment about that. Nothing so far tho.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

343 for canceling forge

Fake news. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KvallyX

@SecretPolice said:
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

343 for canceling forge

All that guy does is lie lol.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

I was listening to the Xbox Unlocked podcast and a former 343 dev revealed that they pitched a Halo themed Helldivers like game years ago and MS turned it down.

He said they also turned down a few other spinoff ideas but hinted that some were approved. Who knows what they could be, hopefully not another spartan assault kind of game. I want a Halo RPG or dead space-like horror game

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SecretPolice
@navyguy21 said:

I was listening to the Xbox Unlocked podcast and a former 343 dev revealed that they pitched a Halo themed Helldivers like game years ago and MS turned it down.

He said they also turned down a few other spinoff ideas but hinted that some were approved. Who knows what they could be, hopefully not another spartan assault kind of game. I want a Halo RPG or dead space-like horror game

I will do backflips if that ever happens. ;)

Cmon Uncle Phil, make it happen. lol :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KvallyX

@navyguy21 said:

Helldivers 2 could be like Palworld. Helldivers 2 has started to trend downward. Might not be a trend that 343 would want to follow?

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17458 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@navyguy21 said:

Helldivers 2 could be like Palworld. Helldivers 2 has started to trend downward. Might not be a trend that 343 would want to follow?

I definitely agree that it has to be the right kind of Helldivers pitch.

Helldivers is a great game but you can definitely feel the trepidation in the game.

What I mean is, you can tell they were unsure if it would sell well or be a huge hit. They didn't invest enough in servers, didn't code the game to be able to scale up quickly, didn't have any AFK built in, don't have a steady stream of desirable cosmetics (in game or in a marketplace)

What I was saying is Halo Infinite's multiplayer should've been like Helldivers. The infinite war of Helldivers with the customization and cosmetics of a halo game would be a huge hit if you had the budget and infrastructure to support it.

Helldivers is trending downward because there are no real unique game modes or incentives to keep invested after a while. It needs more modes, maybe the ability to establish outposts and defend them from whatever enemies are on the planet you are on.

Maybe it was turned down because 343 isnt the right studio to handle such a game lol

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7307 Posts

@kvallyx said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

343 for canceling forge

I don't lie. I sometimes get this wrong. I thought they canceled the forge mode.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SecretPolice

@gifford38:

For the record I never thought you lied and figured it was just an error. ;)

But you know, I was just having a bit of SW fun. :P

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KvallyX

@gifford38 said:
@kvallyx said:
@SecretPolice said:
@kvallyx said:
@gifford38 said:

343 for canceling forge

I don't lie. I sometimes get this wrong. I thought they canceled the forge mode.

Fair enough 👊

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39700 Posts

It can't be made officially with the kind of tools forge doesn't have, no. Gamers need to create a welfare version of it cuz this developer doesn't do shit at all for their game. Well, nothing else but introduce a load of ugly looking skins sold to you for $10+. Pathetic game.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

It can't be made officially with the kind of tools forge doesn't have, no. Gamers need to create a welfare version of it cuz this developer doesn't do shit at all for their game. Well, nothing else but introduce a load of ugly looking skins sold to you for $10+. Pathetic game.

How good are the forge tools in Helldivers 2?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44543 Posts

That's cool. Been itching to jump back into Halo Infinite again for some multiplayer action.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

When your game is feature complete, you don't need to rely on gamers to make content for your game🤣That's why Infinite is doing so poorly that just maintaining the servers isn't worth it anymore. They're losing more money on the servers and skins development than what they're getting from mtx purchases🤣🤣🤣

Helldivers 2 is so far ahead of anything Infinite, Microsoft's FLAGSHIP title, can achieve, its sad, real sad. 2.5k players ROFL🤭

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56407 Posts

Palworld>>>>>>>>Helldivers 2😏

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

When your game is feature complete, you don't need to rely on gamers to make content for your game🤣That's why Infinite is doing so poorly that just maintaining the servers isn't worth it anymore. They're losing more money on the servers and skins development than what they're getting from mtx purchases🤣🤣🤣

Helldivers 2 is so far ahead of anything Infinite, Microsoft's FLAGSHIP title, can achieve, its sad, real sad. 2.5k players ROFL🤭

Are you saying that Helldivers 2 doesn't have forge tool options for us owners of the game? Sad. And why didn't you post the Xbox numbers for Halo Infinite?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts

Helldivers vs halo is dumb. You guys should stop. You know how the industry works... Something is popular and everyone copies it.... That's why games as art is mostly laughable. If helldivers can't be an impact game for Xbox gamers and Microsoft cooks in some more white knuckle modes that inspire team coordination, friendly fire and high difficulty then cool... It's a tale as old as time.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are you saying that Helldivers 2 doesn't have forge tool options for us owners of the game? Sad. And why didn't you post the Xbox numbers for Halo Infinite?

What i am saying is that Microsoft flagship has been suffering for over 10 years, and nothing is being done about it, they still allow 343i, one of the shittiest developers in the whole industry, be in charge of the ip. Downright pathetic.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

What i am saying is that Microsoft flagship has been suffering for over 10 years, and nothing is being done about it, they still allow 343i, one of the shittiest developers in the whole industry, be in charge of the ip. Downright pathetic.

Halo > Helldivers

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3116 Posts

I don't understand how anyone can look at 043's output with Halo as anything but insulting.

I really want to like the idea of mods, but I haven't actually done much with them. Honestly, I don't even care about dlc for games I like. It always feels like the extra scenes in Star Wars; like the fuzzy poop-faced dude singing in Jabba's palace. It just doesn't belong. Adding this stuff to your game only makes me think your game isn't good enough. But that could just be a me problem.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts

That could be cool.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8910 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Does any current Playstation game have a content creator like Forge?

It's fun to watch your spin. Heck, I bet one could fly a cessna on all that wind!

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

Lol

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:

It's fun to watch your spin. Heck, I bet one could fly a cessna on all that wind!

Yes, its called Fartnite😆But guess what else? Sony titles launch content complete, not like Infinite, Redfall, Forza and Starfield. Forge is needed when the base game is empty😁

I am also really sad that you're not playing Helldivers 2, the best coop experience the gaming has ever seen. This is why you must, at all cost, get a Playstation 5.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:

Sony titles launch content complete

If that were only true :( It's taken 2 years to get GT7 to have any content, and it's still bare bones cafe menu campaign. Not to mention, Helldivers 2 content is empty as ****.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

If that were only true :( It's taken 2 years to get GT7 to have any content, and it's still bare bones cafe menu campaign. Not to mention, Helldivers 2 content is empty as ****.

Halo Infinite is a disaster when compared to proper live service titles such as Helldivers 2. Never forget that.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 KvallyX

@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Halo Infinite is a disaster when compared to proper live service titles such as Helldivers 2. Never forget that.

Are you really debating this with me? Remember, I am better than you.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1281 Posts

Looking at the videos of the Halo Infinite Battle Royale mode in Forge, the maps are small, max 24 players, there is a lot of pop-in and it looks really basic. I'm not sure what it will mean for the Helldivers 2 style mode.

It seems like there are limitations, but it's cool that people can try to customize the game. At least the 24 player limit does not matter because it only needs max 4 players. It seems to be possible to do some enemy AI, but there are max 32 enemies that can be spawned at once, and I don't know how they will implement strategems, objectives, or other systems.

It will be interesting to see how they tackle this.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44683 Posts

Unless they can craft something identical to some Starship Trooper arachnids, kind of pointless aside from mimicking the surgically dropped assault units. That whole arachnid enemy Starship Trooper vibe it has going is Helldiver 2's strongest design asset, for me at a glance, still haven't played it, waiting for word of better server stability.

Still, crafted PvE modes are always welcome in Halo Infinite. Haven't played Infinite's Firefight mode yet but I'd find it hard to believe it holds a candle to Halo 5's.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hardwenzen

@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Are you really debating this with me? Remember, I am better than you.

Not debating. Reminding.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dabear

@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@kvallyx said:
@hardwenzen said:

Yes, its called Fartnite😆But guess what else? Sony titles launch content complete, not like Infinite, Redfall, Forza and Starfield. Forge is needed when the base game is empty😁

I am also really sad that you're not playing Helldivers 2, the best coop experience the gaming has ever seen. This is why you must, at all cost, get a Playstation 5.

There also one-and-done. Is anyone still playing God Of War or Spider-Man 2?

Meanwhile, Halo: Infinite is still one the top 10-15 most played games on Xbox...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By hardwenzen
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:
@dabear said:
@hardwenzen said:

There also one-and-done. Is anyone still playing God Of War or Spider-Man 2?

Meanwhile, Halo: Infinite is still one the top 10-15 most played games on Xbox...

Helldivers2 just came out. Is it a one n done game? Also, Starfield and Redfall came out not too long ago, and Hellblade2 is next, all one n done games🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️I know you're trying real hard to poop on Sony, but when all your system delivers are failed attempts at a live service and one n done games, you shouldn't be criticizing Sony for releasing content packed singleplayer titles that are light years away of what Microsoft is capable of producing.

And infinite currently has under 5k players on steam. This is as dead as you will see a live service title before they pull the plug.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dabear

@hardwenzen: Helldivers 2 is published by Sony, but it's not a 1st party title.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hardwenzen

@dabear said:

@hardwenzen: Helldivers 2 is published by Sony, but it's not a 1st party title.

Your whole library since 2015 are nothing but multiplats, so you shouldn't be talking. Its not on the X nor the Switch. Its exclusive.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen: add me on steam so we can helldive

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 hardwenzen

@TheEroica said:

@hardwenzen: add me on steam so we can helldive

Do you have max difficulty unlocked? If so, how do you handle it on a Deck?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

Forge mode in Infinite is excellent

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By hardwenzen

@sargentd said:

Forge mode in Infinite is excellent

If it was, it would've revived the game.🤷‍♂️That's fact. Truth it, it did nothing.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#45 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

Arguing with a fakeboy is 😂

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#46 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34773 Posts

@TheEroica: Mind if I add you on Steam?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 TheEroica  Moderator

@Litchie: let's dive!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen: I'm at level 12.... Have done successful runs up to level 6. Haven't done max level yet. Usually bugs and bots see me and run in the opposite direction Hardy. I'll carry the logs... I'll also reload your autocanon backpack on the fly.... A true G.