Helldivers 2 getting mechs and vehicles?

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45495 Posts

Thoughts, SW? Would you be excited for these features? It seems really cool to me!

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 hardwenzen  Online
Member since 2005 • 39701 Posts

Its fitting, but i wonder if higher difficulties will be required for it to feel balanced.

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen said:

Its fitting, but i wonder if higher difficulties will be required for it to feel balanced.

Are you and IP Daily going to team up when the new features come in?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen  Online

@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

He is in his 70's. He doesn't play video games anymore.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22974 Posts

Just play the first helldivers if you want to know how sweet mechs and vehicals are going to be.... The first game launched with them and added different versions over the years as well.... This is going to be a looooonG run for this amazing game. For Democracy!! ✊

Wanna feel like a jerk? Wait till you're in a mech and completely obliterate your friends.... Lol. Also, equally as fun is when you become a crack shot at using the mechs machine guns in traffic. Highly satisfying.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
@hardwenzen said:

Mechs have drawbacks my friend. Not a god tier stratagem. They are slow and lumbering and when you get overwhelmed by enemies you're cooked. Also the mechs explode when overwhelmed and drained...so be prepared to run. They also don't have infinite ammo so knowing when to toss your mech is very important.

Think of Helldive difficulty and ask yourself if you want to he inside something moving slow an lumbering.... They'll have it balanced.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Mechs have drawbacks my friend. Not a god tier stratagem. They are slow and lumbering and when you get overwhelmed by enemies you're cooked. Also the mechs explode when overwhelmed and drained...so be prepared to run. They also don't have infinite ammo so knowing when to toss your mech is very important.

Think of Helldive difficulty and ask yourself if you want to he inside something moving slow an lumbering.... They'll have it balanced.

Aren't you more resistant to damage when you're inside one?

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SolidGame_basic  Online

@hardwenzen said:
@SolidGame_basic said:
@hardwenzen said:

He is in his 70's. He doesn't play video games anymore.

I think you two need a bonding moment. This would be the perfect exercise!

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Actually no... Those little bugs you take for granted overwhelm you and a few bigger enemies grab on and poof.... Flames... Bail out and run like hell. The mech is designed to mostly overwhelm them with offense, like a movable turret.... but slow and prone to direct attacks. Those charge attacks on the bigger bugs will shred your mech....and you are many times to slow to get out of the way. I've not played how they intend to balance the mech in H2, but so far the consistency of stratagem effectiveness has been pretty consistent between the two games... H2 in many ways is a literal copy of H1 from a different perspective. I bet mechs have a similar balancing.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen  Online

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Actually no... Those little bugs you take for granted overwhelm you and a few bigger enemies grab on and poof.... Flames... Bail out and run like hell. The mech is designed to mostly overwhelm them with offense, like a movable turret.... but slow and prone to direct attacks. Those charge attacks on the bigger bugs will shred your mech....and you are many times to slow to get out of the way. I've not played how they intend to balance the mech in H2, but so far the consistency of stratagem effectiveness has been pretty consistent between the two games... H2 in many ways is a literal copy of H1 from a different perspective. I bet mechs have a similar balancing.

Well, then i hope that they are not too useless. Because if they're replacing important strategems, they better be worth running over the 500KG nuke, etc.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:

Well, then i hope that they are not too useless. Because if they're replacing important strategems, they better be worth running over the 500KG nuke, etc.

TBD.... They'll be fun for sure.... Just another piece of the load out choices.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

Just make it like Titanfall please.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points