High-end PCs cost >$4000

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts
[QUOTE="Dencore"]TO TRUE GAMER: Sorry I didn't want to keep quoting and take up the whole page. Anyway. I wouldn't call it being ripped off, much of it went to my LCD monitor and Sound card. But a good amount of it it went to the CPU and GPU. The CPU costs about $250 I think, while the GPU costs $300 *back 4 months ago*

The CD6300 is $180 for 4 months now... It was your choice to be ripped off... sorry...And expensive Sound cards wont make your game run better...plus that monitor isnt part of the price because the console needs a display device too...

[QUOTE="Dencore"]
 I already told you what I got and those were very powerful cards. Keep in mind I'm playing OBLIVION which is the first next gen game. The scaling of Oblivion is what gets my PC cuz it cant handle it. But everything else it can do with maxed out *dark messiah for example* It was a good deal considering when i went to other stores they had other cards for that prices for less powerful.

Aaa you bought it in store...so sad thats why youve been ripped off...

[QUOTE="Dencore"]
What gripes me though is that other games are coming out that I'm intrested that I can't play If I can't play oblvion withhout problems, how can I play UT3 and Crysis. Yes I know *well those are made for the hardcore PC gamers who spend thousands on their equipment* Well that's stupid, why can't a play those games while others get to enjoy it, especially since those are the most notable. I may be able to play them, but with low texture and mapping, which is bothersome.

1st You get what youve paid for.
2nd If youre a graphics wh***re you have to pay.
3rd A X1900XTX can deliver Xbox360 graphics in Oblivion please do not pretend that it cant...30fps/720p/x2AA/AF isnt that high...
4th Crysis on low will look like Far Cry on high...
5th "Not being able to run themat all" =/= "Not being able to run the maxed"

[QUOTE="Dencore"]
 I guess I'm not a PC gamer I hate upgrading and spending money *that's what I like aboforbidden Submitut game systems because I do it once and don't have to worry about it again*

Then I must say that I hate paying double price for games...And I hate to buy new machines every 5 years...
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts

PC gaming is on 3 genre, sometimes 4. Who spends $1200 for 3 or 4 genre? of videogames that is...

PikaPichu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 PikaPichu
Member since 2003 • 17813 Posts
Misconception of the century :lol:16bitkevin
High end PCs do not cost more than $4000. :| FYI, you can probably build one for less than $1000.
True_Gamer_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 True_Gamer_
Member since 2006 • 6750 Posts

PC gaming is on 3 genre, sometimes 4. Who spends $1200 for 3 or 4 genre? of videogames that is...

MrGrimFandango

Tactical Shooters
TBS
RTS
FPS
Racing Sims
Flying Sims
God Games
RPGs
MMOs
Adventure

3 genres...hmm is it me or your math is kinda weak?
yuna707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 yuna707
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts
Why don't hermits understand. You can argue here to timbuktu abouit console vs pc gaming expenses, and it will get you NO WHERE. it depends on each gamers needs. For the record, my friend upgrades at 700 odd USD every 18 months, and then a new comp for like 1.3k (parts are more expensive here in AUS). Around 4k  a generation. Then you can argue you need a HD tv to play consoles yaddiy yadda, gets you know where.
Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts
Why don't hermits understand. You can argue here to timbuktu abouit console vs pc gaming expenses, and it will get you NO WHERE. it depends on each gamers needs. For the record, my friend upgrades at 700 odd USD every 18 months, and then a new comp for like 1.3k (parts are more expensive here in AUS). Around 4k a generation. Then you can argue you need a HD tv to play consoles yaddiy yadda, gets you know where.yuna707
Your friend spends 4k a generation? That seems excessive, even in Australian dollars (which as an Australian I'm acquainted with). The reasons Hermits give prices, is because they CAN prove you can play most games on high settings without spending an absolute fortune.