deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#201  Edited By deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@BassMan: 'Hogwartz Legacy is listed as the #1 upcoming game on Gamespot. So, clearly people are interested in the game and want to see a review. '

This alphabet community is called a vocal minority for a reason. They're extremely loud, obnoxious and surprisingly not that vast in numbers.

When a business caters towards this 'loudness', they usually lose revenue. A lot of revenue. Even though this movement seems massive, its more of a few hundred unemployed basement dwellers flocking every message board and social media app reiterating the same sh*t.

Hence the phrase 'go woke, go broke'. 'Regular' people are usually quiet. We have more important fish to fry, and most of us have jobs, families and hobbies other than complaining about sexual preferences and gender pronouns.

We'll quietly ignore the yelling and simply enjoy this new release. The sales will speak for itself.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#202 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2258 Posts

@nirgal: you hit the nail on the head here, it’s a super stupid argument where two group are just shouting at each other from separate hilltops… one group think gender should be ONLY defined by the biology and the other group argues that gender is more fluid and is defined by speech and feelings. And of course neither group are capable of even listening and sympathize with the opposition… so yeah here we are…

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 227

#203  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17908 Posts
@R4gn4r0k said:

@BassMan: any idea what's going on with the frametimes in the video I posted above?

Performance is all over the place. It has some serious optimization issues on his system. Since the GPU is seeing full utilization, but the performance is so erratic, I would suggest a complete uninstall of the drivers with DDU and a fresh driver install. This usually fixes this type of GPU behaviour.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

@GameboyTroy: 'Hogwartz Legacy is listed as the #1 upcoming game on Gamespot. So, clearly people are interested in the game and want to see a review. '

The IGN reviewer has never read a HP book or even watched the movies but he took on the role because every other journalist was terrified of the backlash from that certain group.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3066 Posts

@theam0g: lmao. Wtf is this.

Ground_Zero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#206 Ground_Zero
Member since 2003 • 3475 Posts

Must be a part of the hivemind, or else....

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2092 Posts

@Planeforger said:

@djoffer123: It was a bit more than a few Twitter comments. Just scrolling through her recent Twitter posts and Wikipedia articles suggests she talks about it all the time. She has spent years actively baiting the trans community, they've baited her back, and it's all a vicious cycle that makes everyone look bad. But hey, I'll back down on my earlier comments.

Still...even before all of this drama, I've never understood the fascination adults have with Harry Potter. I guess it's whimsical and it certainly encourages children to read, but it isn't exactly *good* fantasy fiction.

Like, I'm not a huge fan of Tolkien, but I respect that he put in a massive amount of effort crafting a world detailed enough to support a million stories. Rowling is the complete opposite of that - she created a barely-defined hodgepodge world, making things up as she went along and putting in the bare minimum of coherent worldbuilding, so it's no surprise that every other attempt to create new stories in the Wizarding World has failed (until now).

The progression structure of the books plays a role, you can start a 9-11 year old off on the first few books probably up to goblet of fire and then as you progress through your teens the rest become more relevant, and very easy to re-visit later in life and appreciate from a different perspective. As for popular with adults at this particular moment, you have two generations of adults that grew up with the books or films respectively, so if you are anywhere between 20-40 right now you basically grew up during the peak period of Harry Potter so not surprising that it remains popular within those demographics.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#208 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@mesome713: She's anti trans? Not really into Harry Potter but I guess I'll buy it just to support JK Rowling.

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

The game also makes goblins and ghosts use the same bathroom.

Djon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Djon
Member since 2003 • 57 Posts

Feel like buying this game even though I care nothing for Harry Potter...Can't wait to see what Wokespot will do with this title. Give it a 2? Not review it at all?

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#211 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

I was worried about shit like this...

InEMplease

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By InEMplease
Member since 2009 • 7461 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Everyone was always going to bitch about this game no matter what. It's disgusting how much hate this has drawn from both sides. Meanwhile has anyone actually played it?

This is a sad day for gaming.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46652 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

I was worried about shit like this...

"Streamers are already being hit with abuse online just for playing the game."

Oh christ, people being absolute nobends online and bullying other people into their believes.

All over a video game... that is supposed to bring people fun.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#214 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41577 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: @InEMplease: Exactly. I'm one of those not buying the game because of Rowling's antics, but that's all it needed to be. Lines needed to be drawn. But no...

Bad enough some game journalists are silent on this.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23993 Posts
@Planeforger said:

@djoffer123: It was a bit more than a few Twitter comments. Just scrolling through her recent Twitter posts and Wikipedia articles suggests she talks about it all the time. She has spent years actively baiting the trans community, they've baited her back, and it's all a vicious cycle that makes everyone look bad. But hey, I'll back down on my earlier comments.

Still...even before all of this drama, I've never understood the fascination adults have with Harry Potter. I guess it's whimsical and it certainly encourages children to read, but it isn't exactly *good* fantasy fiction.

Like, I'm not a huge fan of Tolkien, but I respect that he put in a massive amount of effort crafting a world detailed enough to support a million stories. Rowling is the complete opposite of that - she created a barely-defined hodgepodge world, making things up as she went along and putting in the bare minimum of coherent worldbuilding, so it's no surprise that every other attempt to create new stories in the Wizarding World has failed (until now).

Yeah, JK Rowling's Harry Potter books are absolute garbage. The first novels were whimsikal and I could see why children might find them enjoyable. But after book 3 or so. The series had really collapsed in writing. The books became longer, seemingly for the sake of being long. This in turn really hit the writing quality. JK rowling also relied heavily on Deus Ex Machina, which was fine for the light hearted tone of the first books, but translated poorly to the latter books that had a more serious tone. Harry Potter had about as much personality as a log, Hermoine had some characterization, but she was still boring, and Ron Weasley is completely forgettable. The story is always at constant odds with itself. With things being done at the whims of the author rather than what would make logical sense, or what the plot builds up to, or what would come natural to the characters. And then the whole slavery bit was beyond appalling...

And you are right about Tolkien, Tolkien has flaws, but its worldbuilding is still among the best we see in the fantasy genre even today. And for all the things it does right, I can forgive the flaws. But Harry Potter is just too flawed. That said, if I were to recommend fantasy novels it would be Malazan, The Black Company, Berserk (Manga but still), Discworld, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Kingkiller Chronicle, The Dark Tower.

I can imagine this game being set in the 1800s so they could use the fantasy of hogwarts while avoiding all of Rowling's incoherent nonsense.

Edit: Did you hear about her latest Twitter rant disguised as a novel? The one where pretty much her entire book was nothing but fake twitter posts?

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

Before filling up your car ask you local gas station where they got their barrel. If they say Russia walk away. You are funding the invasion of Ukraine. If they say somewhere in the United States still walk away cause your funding these evil corpos who are destroying the environment and bribing politicians that continuously allows systemic racism. HOW DARE YOU!

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

@ocinom: lol, Nail on the head. Also, if you're talking about human rights on a mobile phone or computer, STOP! Those electronic devices where manufactured using Chinese SLAVE labor and by buying them your contributing to the slave labor of millions getting their human rights destroyed everyday. You are however, free to send your complaints via the postal service...or Owl...

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By R4gn4r0k

Boys, games are just an easy target. Twitch streamers are an easy target.

Going after actual ethical matters requires actually using their brain, something the herd mentality doesn't allow.

Also I think forced labour is a better word for what's going on in a lot of countries, as opposed to slave labour.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#219 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39699 Posts

I want this Hogwash Legacy game to do well just to piss off all the mentally ill sjw's that spend 18h a day on twatter squeezing their hogs each time someone likes their post. Yes, people like that do exist, imagine that.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

I haven't bought a game since GamePass but just may go out of mah way to by this game just for spite. lol :P

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Nirgal  Online
Member since 2019 • 721 Posts

@pcgamerlaszlo: i have lived in china for quite a while. It's not really slave labour, china actually pays quite well compared to other non developed countries.

The issues are more like shitty work condition, por safety standards, free overtime (though factory workers are protected from this as they are paid by the hour), oh and living at the work place which is just as shitty as it sounds like.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

I'm looking at my switch and ps5 right now with disgust. These Japanese brands remind me of the atrocities the Axis powers have committed back in WW2. By having these thing I have desecrated the brave Men and Women who have sacrificed their lived for our freedom. We need to be better. *sobbing noise

PCGamerLaszlo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 PCGamerLaszlo
Member since 2023 • 529 Posts

@nirgal: waxing vebage aside, I'm just calling out the virtue signaling of human rights in one spectrum, while simultaneously ignoring human rights in another for modern conveniences is a special kind of ignorant. If cancel culture was really genuine, you would think that shitty work conditions, poor safety standards, free overtime and living at the work place would be #1 on the list for human rights. It's not. It's the Boomer who says we have two genders and anything tied the that is simply not acceptable. I think it's a weak ass argument.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224 R4gn4r0k

@SecretPolice said:

I haven't bought a game since GamePass but just may go out of mah way to by this game just for spite. lol :P

Put that power of Xbox Series X's 20 tflops to good use brother 💪

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11270 Posts

@mesome713 said:

I’m not buying from this homophobic author. Pass on this trash.

You are perfectly within your right not to want to buy this game knowing she'll be paid for it. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Surely the people that won't buy products due to arbitrary "wokeness" shouldn't mind if someone wants to pass on purchasing media by people they find problematic

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:
@SecretPolice said:

Put that power of Xbox Series X's 20 tflops to good use brother 💪

It's not known worldwide as, SuperMighty XSX MonsterBox, for nuttin ya know. :P

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#227 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts
@mesome713 said:

I’m not buying from this homophobic author. Pass on this trash.

She's not homophobic. You clearly have no idea what that word means. She's very pro-homosexuality. You're confusing that with something totally different.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By R4gn4r0k

DSOgaming:

• Game uses up to 14GB RAM
  • Game can use over 15GB VRAM
  • Seems to run better on AMD
  • Nvidia will need a patch or a driver update.
Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#229  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19681 Posts
@theam0g said:

@BassMan: 'Hogwartz Legacy is listed as the #1 upcoming game on Gamespot. So, clearly people are interested in the game and want to see a review. '

This alphabet community is called a vocal minority for a reason. They're extremely loud, obnoxious and surprisingly not that vast in numbers.

When a business caters towards this 'loudness', they usually lose revenue. A lot of revenue. Even though this movement seems massive, its more of a few hundred unemployed basement dwellers flocking every message board and social media app reiterating the same sh*t.

Hence the phrase 'go woke, go broke'. 'Regular' people are usually quiet. We have more important fish to fry, and most of us have jobs, families and hobbies other than complaining about sexual preferences and gender pronouns.

We'll quietly ignore the yelling and simply enjoy this new release. The sales will speak for itself.

It's usually fringe minorities on the far left and the far right who are the loudest. The vast silent majority of people are either moderates... or just don't care about politics and have better things to do with their lives. But unfortunately, it's the loud fringe minority with too much time on their hands who get heard the most.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7718 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

DSOgaming:

and its supposed to launch on switch, best of luck to port workers

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 NNoyingHusband
Member since 2020 • 1048 Posts

@theam0g: absolutely 100% accurate. All of it.

People are free to not buy the game. GS is free to throw a temper tantrum and not review the game. Guess what? You’re in the minority. Game is selling like crazy, in fact the “boycott” caused even more sales. It’s also one of the top streamed games on Twitch too. The game has massive visibility right now, everyone wants in on the action.

The alphabet community tried this with Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby, didn’t work. Both companies are here to stay. It must be very timesome being a liberal. Having to do a deep dive on every product you buy, every company you shop at, every person you do business with. Oh wait…they don’t. It’s only virtue signaling here and there, like a spot check with certain places. Fake support for a tiny community that needs mental help.

Siding with them isn’t gonna help your business, it’s gonna garner negativity against you overall. GS will now be known as the company who threw a fit over Hogwarts and refused to review it or held their review back for a period of time. People in the industry will remember that with a negative connotation when they think of GS reviews.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 R4gn4r0k

@howmakewood said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

DSOgaming:

and its supposed to launch on switch, best of luck to port workers

UE4 (and 5) should make porting easier, but then again this is a UE4 game on the high end scale so I wonder how much it'll scale down.

I also have very little knowledge of how other UE 4 have scaled down to Switch so far, I don't think Fortnite is a fair example as it doesn't have the graphical fidelity that Hogwarts has, and two, it's done by the wizards at Epic themselves.

And then there is Gotham Knights: lets say the visuals are on the same line as Hogwarts, even that one dropped the PS4 and Xbox One as it was deemed not doable. lol

Yeah I'm not holding out hope of a good Switch port.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 R4gn4r0k

@nnoyinghusband said:

@theam0g: absolutely 100% accurate. All of it.

People are free to not buy the game. GS is free to throw a temper tantrum and not review the game. Guess what? You’re in the minority. Game is selling like crazy, in fact the “boycott” caused even more sales. It’s also one of the top streamed games on Twitch too. The game has massive visibility right now, everyone wants in on the action.

The alphabet community tried this with Chick Fil A and Hobby Lobby, didn’t work. Both companies are here to stay. It must be very timesome being a liberal. Having to do a deep dive on every product you buy, every company you shop at, every person you do business with. Oh wait…they don’t. It’s only virtue signaling here and there, like a spot check with certain places. Fake support for a tiny community that needs mental help.

Siding with them isn’t gonna help your business, it’s gonna garner negativity against you overall. GS will now be known as the company who threw a fit over Hogwarts and refused to review it or held their review back for a period of time. People in the industry will remember that with a negative connotation when they think of GS reviews.

I mean Gamespot isn't even doing that good of a job boycotting against this game...

What message are they going with here?

Most of the people virtue signaling online will end up getting the game anyway, just like gamespot they do it to garner some good credibility. Some street cred. And will play the game anyway as they can't help themselves.

That jerk face that ended up bullying a twitch streamer to tears? Yep, I'm 100% convinced he'll be getting the game later tonight.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#234 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59324 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: That's the thing innit. They are constantly projecting these social issues at the reader, with an almost, distain towards them, but at the same time they are intrinsically tied to corporate machinations because it's self-serving.

Word for that.

Think the dumbest shit seen though isn't this, but this fucking "Copaganda" term they've been slinging around.

Any depiction of the police that isn't the Combine from Halflife 2 is considered propaganda now, apprently.

And they are kinda saying this, under the assuming we agree with it or inherently think it as well.

I know people in the armed forced, police etc.. and the amount of shit they have to put up with, and the patience of a saint to act in a dignified manner is something I could never do.

And then see these, brattish, Resetera type goobers with their blue hair and cute little Che Guevara t-shirt (i'm making this up but it's true), I kinda think to myself, **** you?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:

@R4gn4r0k: That's the thing innit. They are constantly projecting these social issues at the reader, with an almost, distain towards them, but at the same time they are intrinsically tied to corporate machinations because it's self-serving.

Word for that.

Think the dumbest shit seen though isn't this, but this fucking "Copaganda" term they've been slinging around.

Any depiction of the police that isn't the Combine from Halflife 2 is considered propaganda now, apprently.

And they are kinda saying this, under the assuming we agree with it or inherently think it as well.

I know people in the armed forced, police etc.. and the amount of shit they have to put up with, and the patience of a saint to act in a dignified manner is something I could never do.

And then see these, brattish, Resetera type goobers with their blue hair and cute little Che Guevara t-shirt (i'm making this up but it's true), I kinda think to myself, **** you?

These people can only think in black and white: People are either saints or worse than Hitler.

And if anyone goes against the current way of thinking, they'll get bullied and blacklisted until they start thinking the same way or are silenced forever.

Any healthy society would welcome voices from both directions and hear them out. Discuss the good things about a wrong way of thinking and discuss what might be bad about the right way of thinking.

We aren't living in a healthy society, and now we're seeing symptoms of that: like people bringing up politics in gaming boards. Look at the steam forums: they are a complete mess. It's nothing but political discourse, not a single discussion about the game itself. I have to dig through hours and hours of shit just to get to that one thread of that guy that magically has the solution to audio dropping out 5 minutes into a game. Which used to be so much easier.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236 NNoyingHusband

@R4gn4r0k: if you aren’t with them, you’re against them, and heaven forbid you’re a minority who thinks differently than them. You’ve never been called more slurs in your life than from the very person who claims to love and support you if you don’t fall in line with them. I only ask that if they live in a blue state, stay there. Don’t move into a red state.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 R4gn4r0k

@nnoyinghusband said:

@R4gn4r0k: if you aren’t with them, you’re against them, and heaven forbid you’re a minority who thinks differently than them. You’ve never been called more slurs in your life than from the very person who claims to love and support you if you don’t fall in line with them. I only ask that if they live in a blue state, stay there. Don’t move into a red state.

I also love that the solution a lot of people have to sexism is more sexism, but towards the other sex

And likewise the solution to racism is the superlative step of racism, just towards someone else.

But it's too easy to pinpoint where this all goes so horribly wrong. I'll be shutting up now and trying to talk about games again :)

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#238  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

This played out like expected, the folks who complain about wokeness are throwing a hissy fit to the same degree as the people they complaim about. Then we have the boogey man cancel culture, which only applies to "woke" folks boycotting "anti woke" stuff but it is not cancel culture when the same folks boycott "woke" stuff. Y'all are silly.😂

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Maroxad

@R4gn4r0k: I get where you are coming from. I look at my favorite games and the steam boards are flooded with questions that have nothing to do with the mechanics of the game or gameplay. But rather over some trite identity politics nonsense.

Even in politics I don't care much for identity politics crap. I make a comment concerning growing anti-intellectualism and someone brings in some idpol issue into the discussion. And I just couldn't care. I would rather discuss actual issues. Not engage in some semantic back and forth for days.

Personally, I LOVE it when video games offer narratives (sometimes told explicitly through game mechanics) that challenge my convictions. I don't want my games to be a yesman. What made Kreia so memorable was that no matter what you did, she criticized your actions. This is also one thing that makes Disco Elysium so good. You get called out, no matter what you do.

Edit: The only thing I dont really tolerate is when my protagonist is a buffoon. Then I get annoyed. That is why I uninstalled Persona 5.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#240 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9839 Posts

Is Gamespot refusing to review this game based on JK’s views?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241 R4gn4r0k

@Maroxad said:

@R4gn4r0k: I get where you are coming from. I look at my favorite games and the steam boards are flooded with questions that have nothing to do with the mechanics of the game or gameplay. But rather over some trite identity politics nonsense.

Even in politics I don't care much for identity politics crap. I make a comment concerning growing anti-intellectualism and someone brings in some idpol issue into the discussion. And I just couldn't care. I would rather discuss actual issues. Not engage in some semantic back and forth for days.

Personally, I LOVE it when video games offer narratives (sometimes told explicitly through game mechanics) that challenge my convictions. I don't want my games to be a yesman. What made Kreia so memorable was that no matter what you did, she criticized your actions. This is also one thing that makes Disco Elysium so good. You get called out, no matter what you do.

I wish people would still grant other people to have things, grant them happiness.

Trolling used to be something funny, also coarse, rude, unwanted... but also funny because it happened so little.

Now trolling happens all the time. People will bring up subjects nobody wants to talk about - not because they are delicate but simply because we are in a gaming forum and they don't have to be the subject of every single thread, every single conversation - and someone will bring them up to troll other people. And you end up with 10 troll threads and one serious thread on Steam. It's the reverse of the situation of the ones that used to be funny. Everyone has trolled another person on the internet or annoyed them, but if we all do it 100% of the time to everyone... Then who's having fun?

As you were saying: I'm all for more games discussing the very subjects we are discussing here, as long as they add something. Or like you put it: offer the player something. An interesting gameplay hook.

At least what makes me happy writing all of this is that this is still a place of calm. People can have a normal, grown up discussion here about video games and whatever is attached to them these days. It's still cool hanging out with you guys.

Randy_Lahey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Randy_Lahey
Member since 2022 • 1803 Posts

What’s going on with Harry Potter? Last time I checked it was a children’s fantasy series - an excellent one at that. What’s with all the virtue signalling

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 NNoyingHusband

@sealionact: at the minimum, their delay is due to JK. Right now, any other game, they would have released a review yesterday. So either they’re delaying the release of their review or they aren’t reviewing it. Either way, no matter, the reviews have hit and they’re overwhelmingly positive. GS lost out. And from this point forward, I have no need for their opinion. If this is their stance, I don’t need their opinion on any other games.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#244 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7229 Posts

@nnoyinghusband: They made more money off exposing JK as the pos she is than a review ever would have.

NNoyingHusband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 NNoyingHusband

@randy_lahey: the same thing that’s been happening in the world the last few years. People have been told if they throw a temper tantrum then it’ll make others cave into their demands. Nothing is safe anymore from people who wake up in the morning searching for the next thing to be in a tizzy about. The Hogwarts drama will pass in a day or two and they’ll be onto the next fuss that they’re instructed to move to.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8383 Posts

@mesome713 said:

@nnoyinghusband: They made more money off exposing JK as the pos she is than a review ever would have.

What is your beef with the Harry Potter lady

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 SargentD
@nnoyinghusband said:

@randy_lahey: the same thing that’s been happening in the world the last few years. People have been told if they throw a temper tantrum then it’ll make others cave into their demands. Nothing is safe anymore from people who wake up in the morning searching for the next thing to be in a tizzy about. The Hogwarts drama will pass in a day or two and they’ll be onto the next fuss that they’re instructed to move to.

People already trying to tell people to boycott Atomic Heart because they are a Russian game developer lol..

If Atomic Heart ends up being a great game, people will lose their minds even more than transformers with Rowling

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248 Maroxad

@R4gn4r0k said:
@Maroxad said:

I wish people would still grant other people to have things, grant them happiness.

Trolling used to be something funny, also coarse, rude, unwanted... but also funny because it happened so little.

Now trolling happens all the time. People will bring up subjects nobody wants to talk about - not because they are delicate but simply because we are in a gaming forum and they don't have to be the subject of every single thread, every single conversation - and someone will bring them up to troll other people. And you end up with 10 troll threads and one serious thread on Steam. It's the reverse of the situation of the ones that used to be funny. Everyone has trolled another person on the internet or annoyed them, but if we all do it 100% of the time to everyone... Then who's having fun?

As you were saying: I'm all for more games discussing the very subjects we are discussing here, as long as they add something. Or like you put it: offer the player something. An interesting gameplay hook.

At least what makes me happy writing all of this is that this is still a place of calm. People can have a normal, grown up discussion here about video games and whatever is attached to them these days. It's still cool hanging out with you guys.

I think a big issue is that people misuse shock.

Shock for the sake of shock, which is most trolling we see is just lame. But shock that can make a point, can still be interesting. A good troll will emphasize comedy over shock. Sadly we see more of the latter these days. I am watching advance wars by web games. And I am seeing quite a bit of trolling in some matches. It is rude, but also... funny.

Shock can be an effective tool. I use Shock quite a bit in my tabletop RPG campaigns. But the purpose of my shock value is not for the sake of shock, but to challenge my players. Challenging players in combat is all well and good. But challenging players in roleplaying, put them in constant situations where they have to consider their characters ethics? That makes for a truly memorable night. And leads to a lot of interesting character development.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#249 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70401 Posts

@sargentd said:

People already trying to tell people to boycott Atomic Heart because they are a Russian game developer lol..

If Atomic Heart ends up being a great game, people will lose their minds even more than transformers with Rowling

Last I checked it wasn't being developed by a Russian developer. Were they originally Russian?

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By SargentD
@Pedro said:
@sargentd said:

Last I checked it wasn't being developed by a Russian developer. Were they originally Russian?

Yeah man it's a Russian game. You going to boycott it? 😂