I don't think you comprehend how garbage Suicide Squad Season 1 is. You must know. You must.

• 59 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39691 Posts

Holy f*cking shit.

I know this place is full of AJ haters, but you must watch/listen to this, its insane what's happening in this game, and he sums it up nicely.

To think that this developer was considered as one of the best in the industry is just mind blowing. This game is developed and supported by nobody else but people who've never held a controller in their life, and know nothing else but reading trends and graphs.

Absolutely disgusting. Hell, this is worse than Ubisoft. I repeat, WORSE THAN UBISOFT.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts

Why do they always yell? I'm noticing this trend among podcasters and Youtube stuff and they're always yelling. I know his name is "Angry" Joe but jesus christ.

*Anyway, for what I could stand to watch, this game looks garbage.

You guys want a fun game where you can zoom around and stuff, go buy Outcast: New Beginning. Top-notch game that puts AAA to shame. Real great sense of whimsy and sci-fantasy. Super fun.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 hardwenzen

@mrbojangles25 said:

Why do they always yell? I'm noticing this trend among podcasters and Youtube stuff and they're always yelling. I know his name is "Angry" Joe but jesus christ.

Oh my god everyone is always stuck on this. Don't pay attention to that, and listen to what's happening in the game and what the developers have promised, which he has also included in the vid. They're downright lying, and i ain't sure how this even legal.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hardwenzen

$17 per emote.

What kind of horseshit is this, and how is this allowed?

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 Warm_Gun
Member since 2021 • 2487 Posts

@hardwenzen said:

To think that this developer was considered as one of the best in the industry is just mind blowing.

A claim that was always insanely stupid.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:

To think that this developer was considered as one of the best in the industry is just mind blowing.

I don't like their games. Never did, but don't tell me you weren't seeing how much work was put into the trilogy. Those weren't some cheap shovelware titles.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Warm_Gun
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:

I don't like their games. Never did, but don't tell me you weren't seeing how much work was put into the trilogy. Those weren't some cheap shovelware titles.

How much work? You can polish a turd for years. It will still be a turd. (Not saying Arkham is a turd. The series is very mid, artistically, musically, mechanically, narratively, visually.)

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:

How much work? You can polish a turd for years. It will still be a turd. (Not saying Arkham is a turd. The series is very mid, artistically, musically, mechanically, narratively, visually.)

What do you consider as a good superhero game?

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 716 Posts

The funny thing is that warner brothers lost a ton of money from this game and made a ton of money from single player howarts legacy, and their conclusion was:

No more AAA games, from now on only games as a service.

I don't know who is heading their gaming division but whoever it is, his head is going to roll in 2-5 years.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Warm_Gun
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Gravity Rush Remastered. Don't start with GR2. Much worse.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Gravity Rush Remastered.

Actual comics superhero game, not some weeb shit.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Warm_Gun
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Gravity Rush Remastered.

You said superhero, can't change it now. She can fly, throw large objects, kick like a rocket, helps people in quests, saves the city.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Gravity Rush Remastered.

You said superhero, can't change it now. She can fly, throw large objects, kick like a rocket, helps people in quests, saves the city.

You know what i meant, we were talking about Batman, and that weeb shit has nothing to do with comics.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Warm_Gun
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Gravity Rush Remastered.

You know what i meant, we were talking about Batman, and that weeb shit has nothing to do with comics.

A superhero doesn't have to be based on a comic, as Sam Raimi's Darkman will show you.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Gravity Rush Remastered.

A superhero doesn't have to be based on a comic, as Sam Raimi's Darkman will show you.

Doesn't matter, this is not the conversation. The thread is not about some weeb games pretending to be superheroes. If you haven't named any, it tells me you don't like them.

Warm_Gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Warm_Gun
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

Doesn't matter, this is not the conversation. The thread is not about some weeb games pretending to be superheroes. If you haven't named any, it tells me you don't like them.

What's to like about the American and European ones? Okay, I'm exaggerating, but the bar is so low. The Japanese are just better at it.

Open world Batman and we don't even have any regular citizens to help, only public servants. In the sequel it was understandable, but to continue the lockdown/evacuations in Origins and Knight? Wtf...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hardwenzen

@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:
@hardwenzen said:
@warm_gun said:

What's to like about the American and European ones? Okay, I'm exaggerating, but the bar is so low. The Japanese are just better at it. Open world Batman, and we don't even have any regular citizens to help, only public servants. In the sequel it was understandable, but to continue the lockdown in Origins and Knight. Wtf...

I don't know what's good about them, i don't touch anything superhero, but that doesn't mean that i am blind to the effort put into the Arkam trilogy. I am not seeing any COMICS based superhero even approaching the world building/atmosphere that's in those games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58485 Posts
@nirgal said:

The funny thing is that warner brothers lost a ton of money from this game and made a ton of money from single player howarts legacy, and their conclusion was:

I don't know who is heading their gaming division but whoever it is, his head is going to roll in 2-5 years.

There is a culture of "failing upwards" in the corporate world, especially with C-suite types.

They're never really gone, either, despite poor performance. The company has invested too much in them, or they cost too much in severance to fire. So they move them around like the Catholic Church moves troublesome priests around.

"Oh, this is Bob. He was in charge of the marketing department over at whatever but there was a real lack of, ummm....synergy...and stuff. Yes. Anyway, now he is in charge of gaming. We expect big things from Bob!"

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46613 Posts
@hardwenzen said:

$17 per emote.

What kind of horseshit is this, and how is this allowed?

• You need to grind 35 levels in order to reach Joker
  • End content is grinding, enjoy your Joker character whales
  • Joker doesn't react to other SS members and aside from gameplay and moveset is not well thought out
  • Battle pass progression is painfully slow

Holy hell this is mobile gaming 101. It's insane how many flags this raises.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k
@mrbojangles25 said:
@nirgal said:

There is a culture of "failing upwards" in the corporate world, especially with C-suite types.

They're never really gone, either, despite poor performance. The company has invested too much in them, or they cost too much in severance to fire. So they move them around like the Catholic Church moves troublesome priests around.

"Oh, this is Bob. He was in charge of the marketing department over at whatever but there was a real lack of, ummm....synergy...and stuff. Yes. Anyway, now he is in charge of gaming. We expect big things from Bob!"

Looking over the industry over these past 5-10 years they are always looking for that "next big thing", it's trend chasing on a whole nother level.

First it was MMOs, COD type games, online games, open world games, live service games, mobile games.

They'll even force singleplayer devs to make multiplayer games (Rocksteady is a prime example)

Or how Ubisoft forces their devs that excell at linear games to make open world games.

They're never content, if Hogwarts made 1 billion that's still 5 billion too short. Never appreciate their workers (if they need money they will throw them to the wasteline) heck they don't even appreciate IP as they will simply cancel games, movies, tv series even if they are complete.

They are money devouring monsters and the quicker we can get ourselves rid of those, the better.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#21 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34752 Posts

You could remove all mtx and give me the game for free, I'd still never even consider playing it. I wonder if it would be more healthy for Rocksteady as a company to flat out refuse to develop this game, or if they'd be closed / fired if they did. Not sure what the future of Rocksteady is now..

Heck, maybe the future is good for them. Maybe people are buying this shit, and more stuff like this is planned. I'm always amazed with how much money people give to crap things.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 716 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: the thing is that there is only so many whales in the world and those whales can only play a few online games as each game takes so long.

So it's also super risky.

With single player games, at some point they end and the player moves to something else.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R4gn4r0k

@nirgal said:

@R4gn4r0k: the thing is that there is only so many whales in the world and those whales can only play a few online games as each game takes so long.

So it's also super risky.

With single player games, at some point they end and the player moves to something else.

Yes, singleplayer games often get seen as "one and done". But is that truly the case? How many times have we finished our favourite games?

Donkey Kong and Max Payne at least 5 times, Crysis 10 times, Half Life maybe 50 times.

To think that we forget about these experiences is a fallacy. That's like saying a book like LOTR or 1984 is a book you just read and put back in the cupboard, but that's not the case.

And yeah there are a ton of whales: people that don't have to work for a living (usage of parents CC), people that don't know the value of money(that think a new skirt for their waifu is more valuable than money) or people that have serious spending issues (especially that last group is troublesome, as they get exploited).

Now that life has gotten more expensive (post COVID, post war in Europe) you can see game expenditure is going down.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By R4gn4r0k
@Litchie said:

You could remove all mtx and give me the game for free, I'd still never even consider playing it. I wonder if it would be more healthy for Rocksteady as a company to flat out refuse to develop this game, or if they'd be closed / fired if they did. Not sure what the future of Rocksteady is now..

Heck, maybe the future is good for them. Maybe people are buying this shit, and more stuff like this is planned. I'm always amazed with how much money people give to crap things.

I bought the game for 30eur little over a week ago. The reason I did so is twofold:

1. I just got off Arkham Asylum which I loved and I wanted to see the difference between Rocksteady's first superhero game, and their last one.

2. After playing as Batman it felt like a nice contrast to play as The Joker for once.

After playing the game obviously there is a few things I like and a few things I dislike.

One of the main issues is most definitely the gameplay: it's design by commitee, all of the different gameplay mechanics and enemies don't gel and it's like a robot made it thinking this is what gamers would like, not what an actual human or rather "artist" would design. Because this game has none, no art to it.

Playing as four characters is a cool concept and I like their banter. I thought I would hate both Suicide Squad and Immortals of Aveum Marvel style writing but nope, Suicide Squad genuinly cracked me up, genuinly got laughs from me and the characters are well written and gel well.

Yeah the game truly has its good and bad clashing all the time. Non-stop.

Enter season 1.

I wasn't pissed off, I wasn't disappointed. Superheroes do nothing for me. I grew up on Belgian comic books, which are of a way different variety (less action, more adventurous) so I have zero bonding with American comic book heroes.

The game presented me with two options: either grind the same two missions for 2-5 hours on end to unlock Joker, or pay up.

My answer was: neither. I closed off the Season 1 content, closed off the game. A few days later I just returned to the base game and played that for like 15 minutes.

Right now I see this game as a good way to wind down after I get home from work. It's just a pretty dumb/stupid action game that I'll play from time to time but never get serious about.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59293 Posts

They remind me a bit of Bioware where they have had their golden child moment and now they are a "whatever" developer.

CD Projekt RED is the opposite of that. The Witcher is not a good game, and never was. But their PR campaign to pc gamers was exceptional that everyone bought into it, until 15 odd years later they play Cyberpunk and realize what I realized within the first 2 minutes thanks to advanced gamer skills.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44659 Posts

Just doesn't look like the kind of game I want to spend months grinding away at with its generic looking gameplay. I'll play it for story when on a big discount sale or on Game Pass.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By R4gn4r0k

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Oh my god everyone is always stuck on this. Don't pay attention to that, and listen to what's happening in the game and what the developers have promised, which he has also included in the vid. They're downright lying, and i ain't sure how this even legal.

Just link to someone that's not an annoying asshat. Like Skill Up.

Loading Video...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 uninspiredcup

@R4gn4r0k said:

Wanted Gollum to be good. :<

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Loading Video...

I watch skillup for a while, and do love him, but the way AJ does it is better (not in every game he reviews, but in the case of skull n bones and suicide squad, he certainly did a better job). And the reason for that is simple, he includes dev interviews that try to sell you snake oil, then show you how it really is on release, and that hits hard. Crowbcat did this with his humilation vids, and it worked so well.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Loading Video...

I watch skillup for a while, and do love him, but the way AJ does it is better (not in every game he reviews, but in the case of skull n bones and suicide squad, he certainly did a better job). And the reason for that is simple, he includes dev interviews that try to sell you snake oil, then show you how it really is on release, and that hits hard. Crowbcat did this with his humilation vids, and it worked so well.

To be honest, you don't even need that stuff if each reviewer doesn't recommend it. You're still getting the same end goal, just in a less annoying way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By hardwenzen
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@hardwenzen said:

Loading Video...

To be honest, you don't even need that stuff if each reviewer doesn't recommend it. You're still getting the same end goal, just in a less annoying way.

I don't agree. Its much more impactful that way AND, even tho i followed this shitshow of a game, i've learned a few things through his suicide squad review. So after seeing the review, the game is actually shittier than i originally thought it was, which was a surprise because i didn't hear it being mentioned in other reviews i saw.

Watch this if you haven't seen it before, and tell me that devs interview pre release to reality isn't hitting hard.

Loading Video...
DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56370 Posts

I just don't care about SS Kill the Justice League at all! No point in me comprehend it as I have nothing to say about it.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hardwenzen

@davillain said:

I just don't care about SS Kill the Justice League at all! No point in me comprehend it as I have nothing to say about it.

You must do it so you know what's true misery of a video game is in this industry.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7043 Posts

@hardwenzen: You don't enjoy sweet baby inc approved , flamboyantley gay joker?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

It's not awful. Kong and Walking Dead Destinies certainly are.

Gollum is just... undercooked. The platforming is pretty average, the stealth is very basic. But there is some stuff I liked, the environements fit with the rest of the Tolkien/Jackson lore and the voice actor and his dual personalities was just great.

I played it with my older brother, me a huge LOTR fan and him a fan of the movies: we both looked at it and thought the game was fine.

But of course internet rage rabble rabble rabble meant the studio was soon closed, everyone was out of a job, and we never got another patch.

Shame really.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22894 Posts

I watched this... What a dreadful .game I mean.... My god.....

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#38 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44492 Posts

I have way too many good games to play and follow. Don’t have any time or inclination to hate follow something that I have no interest in.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 R4gn4r0k

Juxtaposed to what Angry Joe is saying, here's what the devs have to say...

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 hardwenzen

@silentchief said:

@hardwenzen: You don't enjoy sweet baby inc approved , flamboyantley gay joker?

tbh seeing stuff like $17 FOR A FUCKING EMOTE is so traumatizing, i don't even pay attention to characters.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 hardwenzen
@TheEroica said:

The bottom of the barrel. Literally mobile gaming on a console. And by mobile, i really mean it. When you look at the story, oversimplified gameplay loop, mtx heavy, etc, its 100% mobile shitshow.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By uninspiredcup
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Gollum is just... undercooked. The platforming is pretty average, the stealth is very basic. But there is some stuff I liked, the environements fit with the rest of the Tolkien/Jackson lore and the voice actor and his dual personalities was just great.

I played it with my older brother, me a huge LOTR fan and him a fan of the movies: we both looked at it and thought the game was fine.

But of course internet rage rabble rabble rabble meant the studio was soon closed, everyone was out of a job, and we never got another patch.

Shame really.

Meanwhile Dragons Dogma 2 can launch as an unoptimized piece of shit selling saves and trying to block mods, and get a 9 with no sense of remorse.

Remember saw people saying "why the hell would I want to play as Gollum", and was thinking... yea, that's way more interesting than playing generic hero man again.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 R4gn4r0k

@uninspiredcup: you just know GTA VI will get a free pass everywhere. A bunch of tens and GOTY awards thrown around like people put feathers up their ass and walk around with them prancing about.

And when push comes to shove the store will be there when the plebs get in, and it'll be hell on earth 2025.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8372 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Shame really.

Meanwhile Dragons Dogma 2 can launch as an unoptimized piece of shit selling saves and trying to block mods, and get a 9 with no sense of remorse.

Remember saw people saying "why the hell would I want to play as Gollum", and was thinking... yea, that's way more interesting than playing generic hero man again.

For real Dragons Dogma 2 look like shit for real, don't get why everyone giving it a pass. It's jank and has predatory MTX. Limiting how many characters you can make unless you pay is a whole new low.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup
@sargentd said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Shame really.

For real Dragons Dogma 2 look like shit for real, don't get why everyone giving it a pass. It's jank and has predatory MTX. Limiting how many characters you can make unless you pay is a whole new low.

I agree. Don't care if the game is god literally shitting a golden egg, if a game launches in that state with that mentality, no way in hell would be giving it that unbridled praise.

Like, one single solitary line for this shit in most reviews. Shit like EA's scam jobs, Call Of Duty literally dropping lootboxes from the sky (which Gamespot praised). if dropping £60/70 for a PC/console game, that shit should not be in it. Simple as.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56370 Posts

@sargentd said:

I sure as hell ain't giving it a pass because I will not buy it until Capcom patches the hell out of it for PC. I'm glad I purchase HFW over DD2 and that's saying something.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6645 Posts

I don't think the OP can comprehend how little I care about this game 🤷‍♂️

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:

The bottom of the barrel. Literally mobile gaming on a console. And by mobile, i really mean it. When you look at the story, oversimplified gameplay loop, mtx heavy, etc, its 100% mobile shitshow.

I can't believe how little content it actually has and how little they're feeding people.... Pretty amazing that rocksteady is in this predicament... They seemed bulletproof ten years ago.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hardwenzen

@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:

I can't believe how little content it actually has and how little they're feeding people.... Pretty amazing that rocksteady is in this predicament... They seemed bulletproof ten years ago.

This little content, while also being extremely repetitive, AND it took them eight years to develop. Beyond pathetic. Imagine what Fromsoft could've achieved in 8 years and with this kind of budget.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 TheEroica  Moderator

@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:
@hardwenzen said:
@TheEroica said:

This little content, while also being extremely repetitive, AND it took them eight years to develop. Beyond pathetic. Imagine what Fromsoft could've achieved in 8 years and with this kind of budget.

So 8 years of them thinking they had a great product or 8 years of everyone silently thinking, "wtf are we even making here?". Which?