Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 0

#201 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70024 Posts

@gifford38 said:

@mesome713: Maga want to live in the 40s what? That is so I don't know. We want it normal again. 90s bro. When it was about piece among people. You had rap bands player with metal bands. Black and white lead movies. Even got one of the best movies ever robin hood pronce of thieves. Lol anti woke people. Why because we want men to be men and woman be woman? Its crappy writing. Maga why because we want the borders closed. You go to another country and see how difficult it is to get in. What's wrong with that? Maga make America great again. Bring back factory in American. Make American brand name mean something. Everything is made in China even the batteries for electric car. Which is fine but why not us to? You need to figure out what Maga is about. We love this country and flag.

Imagine writing all of that and not a line is true.😂 Wherever ever you are from needs a better education system.

sonny2dap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By sonny2dap
Member since 2008 • 2085 Posts

@super600 said:
@lundy86_4 said:

@sargentd@super600:

I'm not even discussing the woke crap (though they have shown that). I'm discussing the harassment the SBI employees levied at the Steam Curator, which had a Streisand effect and brought it mainstream, to which Kotaku and PCGamer tried to play defence in a laughable play.

Just try to keep the discussion as best as possible to the IGN article about RE5 even I know SBI will be talked about a bit in this thread to. This thread has mostly been calm so that is why it hasn't been locked.

It's relevant in this context to be fair, we have a publication making some way off base claim with regards RE5, which is very much in line with the agenda we can see certain companies leverage, and even more bizarrely we appear to have game journo outlets (which are essentially a trade press) at diametric opposites with the audience they ostensibly represent. For my money I don't think it would be a bad thing to allow the discussion, but not my call obviously.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#203 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7247 Posts

@Pedro: 100% true. Guess you don't watch trumps speeches.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

Yep! Because I have a fully functional brain.😊

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7267 Posts

I beat it again last year on Xbox didn't see any racism this is a weird statement .

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 707 Posts

@Pedro: I am myself college educated. And I don't think that ideology applies to all college graduates.

The issue is that it's common that some university graduates form their own subculture that is very disconnected with average people, and their own success validates in their minds their ideas to such an extent that they become more likely to dismiss other people ideas without proper thought.

It generates a huge blind spot.

And I think you have probably noted that if you speak with people or follow the news. There is currently a mentality from media representatives of "I need to show the masses only the information needed for them to arrive to the same conclusions I have"

I Will give you an example: at the beginning of the pandemic, masks were said to not be necessary. This was not because they were not thought to be useful, this was done out of fear hospital personnel would loose access to them if the general public bought them in mass.so the FDA and media provided incorrect information to make people act in the way they considered appropriate for the time. This obviously generated massive distrust and led to thousands of extra deaths on the long run .

Also, when the George Floyd protests happened. Most not right wing media, minimized or underreported acts of violence as they agreed with the objective of the protests and didn't want them to be invalidated by violent acts that may not represent all protesters. This also generated massive degrees of distrust by people that could see violent demonstration through other channels. They could have simply report, condemn it and separate the valid claims from the acts of violence.

I think this way of thinking applies to the changes they are requesting from this game as well. They don't want negative stereotypes to affect the life of African Americans (most media personal is American). They see that generally representations of sub Saharan Africa contains negative situations (like poverty, crime, religion manifestations that some people in the west see as primitive), so they would not like this to affect the perception of African Americans.

That is fine. The problem is that those situations indeed exist and are indeed still common. So people aware of what reality is and knowing the bias of the people trying to apply a filter to media react by rejecting and distrusting them.

A push for authencity and a contextualization of the things we see as negative would have the effect of protecting Africans or African Americans reputation without generating distrust.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56281 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@nirgal said:

I really wouldn't mind if they change it to better reflect an actual town in Africa with their language and customes being properly reflected.

What I wouldn't like is change it to serve an American ideal of what an African representation would be, getting rid of likely existing parts of the landscape such as poverty, cultural manifestations that could be interpreted as tribal, or anything that doesn't fit an American liberals idea of a progressive representation of sub-saharan Africa.

Make it authentic, true to source, respectful to the local culture but without hiding the negative aspects of it. ( Or the aspects that while not negative per se could be interpreted as primitive or tribal)

This.

What I'd like to see is authentic representation of Africa (specifically West Africa where the fictional country is apparently based), not whatever stereotypes or agendas that Westerners (whether liberals or conservatives) may have about Africa.

If done well, Capcom could even gain a whole new audience in Africa. It's an untapped growing market.

I also second this!

Africa itself just needs to be more represented in a manner of way and I think Capcom needs an African counselor game designer as we're starting to see more African game developers on the Indie side.

@uninspiredcup said:

They should base it off Haiti then it will be a simulation.

Capcoms Arma.

Haiti isn't a bad idea. Not many video games used the idea set in Haiti. If Capcom can take RE5 into Haiti, it is a step in the right direction as long as it's true to the actual area town of Haiti.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By Pedro
@nirgal said:

@Pedro: I am myself college educated. And I don't think that ideology applies to all college graduates.

The issue is that it's common that some university graduates form their own subculture that is very disconnected with average people, and their own success validates in their minds their ideas to such an extent that they become more likely to dismiss other people ideas without proper thought.

It generates a huge blind spot.

And I think you have probably noted that if you speak with people or follow the news. There is currently a mentality from media representatives of "I need to show the masses only the information needed for them to arrive to the same conclusions I have"

I Will give you an example: at the beginning of the pandemic, masks were said to not be necessary. This was not because they were not thought to be useful, this was done out of fear hospital personnel would loose access to them if the general public bought them in mass.so the FDA and media provided incorrect information to make people act in the way they considered appropriate for the time. This obviously generated massive distrust and led to thousands of extra deaths on the long run .

Also, when the George Floyd protests happened. Most not right wing media, minimized or underreported acts of violence as they agreed with the objective of the protests and didn't want them to be invalidated by violent acts that may not represent all protesters. This also generated massive degrees of distrust by people that could see violent demonstration through other channels. They could have simply report, condemn it and separate the valid claims from the acts of violence.

I think this way of thinking applies to the changes they are requesting from this game as well. They don't want negative stereotypes to affect the life of African Americans (most media personal is American). They see that generally representations of sub Saharan Africa contains negative situations (like poverty, crime, religion manifestations that some people in the west see as primitive), so they would not like this to affect the perception of African Americans.

That is fine. The problem is that those situations indeed exist and are indeed still common. So people aware of what reality is and knowing the bias of the people trying to apply a filter to media react by rejecting and distrusting them.

A push for authencity and a contextualization of the things we see as negative would have the effect of protecting Africans or African Americans reputation without generating distrust.

Can you provide evidence behind your Covid claim that mask were initial deem not necessary to protect medical personel?

The largest news organization in the US is FOX news with the largest viewership. They pushed all of the information that you deemed necessary with a hefty serving of misinformation.

The history behind African countries and the exploitation of these countries were based on western propaganda to justify hostility towards many of the African countries. This all documented. It is also why so many Americans believe that Africa is a country and that country is filled with uneducated barbarians. The issues you list exist in many countries across the world, however, the imagery of African countries associated with "poverty, crime, religion manifestation" have become the standard view for Americans and since the US pushes out media to the rest of the world, these ideas have become world views. This need to push for authenticity and contextualization ignores the decades of a one sided view for all 54 African countries. To argue for this sudden need for authenticity which is only showing the negatives (which also exist in other nations) when you have just one opportunity in a series with the guise of protecting Africans (again the treating of 54 nations as one) and African Americans reputation lacks authentic concern.

With that said, when media shows Miami, it shows all of the beautiful people, buildings and places while ignoring the huge areas which are the exact opposite. Is there a push for showing Miami authentically? No! You can pick many locations in the US that are portrayed positively whilst ignoring the hardship of all the ills you mentioned. You rarely see it in sitcoms and other entertainment. With the decades of showing only the negatives and rarely showing the positives (Overwatch is probably the only game I can think of and the country is made up) of African countries, requesting for authenticity with a focus on a the negatives is a hard sell.

EDIT: I see folks still referring the continent of Africa as a unified body aka a country.🥴

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 Nirgal

@Pedro:

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN26T2T9/

"""

As Fauci told the Washington Post here , at the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks were not recommended for the general public, as authorities were trying to prevent a mask shortage for health workers and the extent of asymptomatic spread was unknown.

"""

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 Pedro

Thank you.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Nirgal

@Pedro: to address some of your points

1. I never watch Fox news. I am not American, and don't usually consume news in English, and when I do, I prefer non sensationalist sources.

2. I am not sure what you mean when you say: "The history behind African countries and the exploitation of these countries were based on western propaganda to justify hostility towards many of the African countries."

I am not saying it's not as you said. But I need more context to understand this.

3. I think American media tends to export negative views of most other countries world-wide (except North West Europe and japan). But replacing an oversimplified incorrect idea with another one doesn't work and as you can see from internet reactions everyone is aware of how and why it was done and people don't believe it. They may support it or reject it based on their political views but even people that support it don't believe it.

4. I am not asking for a focus on the negative, I am just asking for a authentic representation that includes both positive and negative aspects. The comparison with a sitcom is also not fair. Sitcoms are meant to be relaxed and enjoyable, zombie games are meant to be gritty and dark. The format itself will necessitate some negative aspects to be more on the forefront.

Besides, there is also plenty of negative portrayals of the USA. I tend to follow documentaries about drug addiction and most happen in the USA. (And the places they show are awful)

This doesn't mean they shouldn't include the positive or more developed parts of Africa that do exist. Some of which are unknown or can be surprising. I am myself have a very good friend from the Eastern part of congo, a region famous for civil war, and the dude is a PhD that comes from a middle to high class family. Obviously those regions also exist and should be portrayed.

6. My main point is that an idealized fantasy is both not believable and not appropriate for a game of this kind. An authentic balanced representation, is on the other hand convincing and fair.

7. I have been to south Africa and Kenya myself, I am well aware, sub-saharan Africa is not a single country.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#212 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19643 Posts
@davillain said:
@Jag85 said:
@nirgal said:

I really wouldn't mind if they change it to better reflect an actual town in Africa with their language and customes being properly reflected.

What I wouldn't like is change it to serve an American ideal of what an African representation would be, getting rid of likely existing parts of the landscape such as poverty, cultural manifestations that could be interpreted as tribal, or anything that doesn't fit an American liberals idea of a progressive representation of sub-saharan Africa.

Make it authentic, true to source, respectful to the local culture but without hiding the negative aspects of it. ( Or the aspects that while not negative per se could be interpreted as primitive or tribal)

This.

What I'd like to see is authentic representation of Africa (specifically West Africa where the fictional country is apparently based), not whatever stereotypes or agendas that Westerners (whether liberals or conservatives) may have about Africa.

If done well, Capcom could even gain a whole new audience in Africa. It's an untapped growing market.

I also second this!

Africa itself just needs to be more represented in a manner of way and I think Capcom needs an African counselor game designer as we're starting to see more African game developers on the Indie side.

@uninspiredcup said:

They should base it off Haiti then it will be a simulation.

Capcoms Arma.

Haiti isn't a bad idea. Not many video games used the idea set in Haiti. If Capcom can take RE5 into Haiti, it is a step in the right direction as long as it's true to the actual area town of Haiti.

Capcom could go further by conducting surveys in West Africa and making research trips to the region. Instead of Westerners or Japanese debating how West Africa should be represented, they could just ask West Africans instead.

Changing the setting to Haiti would be too drastic of a change. RE5 should remain in West Africa, or else it wouldn't be RE5 anymore. But Haiti would be a good setting for a future RE, Far Cry or GTA game... It's quite literally real-life GTA down there.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#213 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 39410 Posts

Guys, its a f*cking VIDEO GAME. What surveys? What research? Make a god damn good game with quality set pieces, gunplay and so on. None of that was present in RE5, so if they want to release an actual RE title that is on par with RE2R and RE4R, then they'd need to scrap it all up, and completely change the game similarly to what FF7R did.

They could replace the setting to Canada, paint every zombie in white, and the game is still gonna be garbage. The core of that game was trash, and only acceptable to many (me included) because it came out in 2009, and expectations weren't what they are now. If they don't change the foundation of the game, it will be another RE3R that nobody will give a damn about less than a week after launch. They'd need to change it so damn much that it'd be same as making a brand new game, so why even bother? Also, another thing, are we gonna pretend like this series has any other characters that are worth playing as other than Leon? All these cheesy Clairs, Jills and Chrises are a waste of time. Only Leon, Wesker and to a lesser extent, Ada (even tho they need to expand her character cuz she is very generic) is worth keeping in the series. Everyone else is just a waste of space.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By Nirgal

@hardwenzen: but realism and authencity are very important for a game to be enjoyed.

I haven't played resident evil 4, but many people said that the voice overs were changed in the remake to that they would have Spanish accents and country specific vocabulary. Whereas in the original one, it was full of gramatical errors and voice actors had Mexican accents.

So they did put effort in to that.

Similarly, I remember watching breaking bad, that featured so much Spanish, and 90% was awful, and every time Gus fring would speak in Spanish I would just cringe. Terrible accent, nothing Chilean about him. It took me completely off the plot.

I imagine if you have some knowledge about African culture, have visited often or your are yourself African, seen a completely fantastical and non sensical representation of your location probably sucks. Not only that, it probably makes it so that you can't enjoy it.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#215  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34699 Posts
@nirgal said:

@hardwenzen: but realism and authencity are very important for a game to be enjoyed.

Is it? I enjoy games that aren't realistic or authentic. Actually greatly prefer that. It's videogames. Making them accurate makes them boring.

@nirgal said:

@hardwenzen:

I haven't played resident evil 4, but many people said that the voice overs were changed in the remake to that they would have Spanish accents and country specific vocabulary. Whereas in the original one, it was full of gramatical errors and voice actors had Mexican accents.

Silly people and silly feelings. I don't care much, but thought the voices were more fun in the original. If it upsets a few spanish speaking people, even better. That's like me complaining that Torbjörn in Overwatch doesn't sound the least bit swedish. Which would be really fucking silly to complain about, since it's a videogame.

I don't see any praise for them having more accurate spanish in the remake, so it obviously wasn't that important anyway.

@nirgal said:

I imagine if you have some knowledge about African culture, have visited often or your are yourself African, seen a completely fantastical and non sensical representation of your location probably sucks. Not only that, it probably makes it so that you can't enjoy it.

I'd love to see a fantastical non sensical representation of my location. I see the real thing everyday, it's boring. Needs way more nonsense.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By Nirgal

@Litchie: except from what I hear, there is a ton of Spanish dialogue in resident evil 4. It's not simply one character in a multiplayer shooter speaking English with an accent.

if the intention is to make a comedy it's fine. If it's not, it's distracting to see things that are out of place, grammatically wrong, etc.

Imagine if you are playing the last of us, and half the people speak in a Scottish accent and the other half in a south African accent. The signs have gramatical mistakes.

It becomes an unintentional comedy. If you want something like that it's fine. But it misses the tone of the game and it undermines it's perceived quality. Also, sometimes you just don't understand what's being said (like in breaking bad when Gus tries to speak Spanish)

And if you saw a representation of your location that is completely messed up, maybe maybe you would laugh about it, but you would be much more impressed if it was well done.

That has happened to me already. You are just left thinking, this takes 5 minutes in Wikipedia to research.

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217  Edited By Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1336 Posts
@nirgal said:

So they did put effort in to that.

Similarly, I remember watching breaking bad, that featured so much Spanish, and 90% was awful, and every time Gus fring would speak in Spanish I would just cringe. Terrible accent, nothing Chilean about him. It took me completely off the plot.

"but realism and authencity are very important for a game to be enjoyed"

Well for a start the game in question has zombies in it..that's some realism right there 🤣

There won't be many games if realism and being authentic to reality were VERY important.

No sonic,no star wars,no mario,no Zelda, no Halo,no TLOU..nothing.

Gaming needs realism and authenticity like a hole in the head!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

This stupidness is still going?

Bunch of toddlers throwing a hissy fit over nuttin. lol :P

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Nirgal

@saint-george: yes, but there is a difference about things that are deliberately fantastic to fulfill a plot requirement ( like zombies, magic, etc) and things that are just obvious mistakes (like low frame rates, bad voice acting, bad textures, plot holes or as I mentioned glaringly incorrect portrayals of places, countries or cultures)

One serves a plot or gameplay purpose, the other one is someone making a mistake.

I don't think anybody thought: you know i think it would make it more creepy if no one on this small town has enough grasp of their native language grammar to properly write a sign.

Or would it not be awesome if being next to zombies would change your accent to the accent of another country thousands of kilometers away?

Saint-George

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 Saint-George  Online
Member since 2023 • 1336 Posts

@nirgal said:

@saint-george: yes, but there is a difference about things that are deliberately fantastic to fulfill a plot requirement ( like zombies, magic, etc) and things that are just obvious mistakes (like low frame rates, bad voice acting, bad textures, plot holes or as I mentioned glaringly incorrect portrayals of places, countries or cultures)

One serves a plot or gameplay purpose, the other one is someone making a mistake.

I don't think anybody thought: you know i think it would make it more creepy if no one on this small town has enough grasp of their native language grammar to properly write a sign.

Or would it not be awesome if being next to zombies would change your accent to the accent of another country thousands of kilometers away?

You either want realism and Authenticity or you don't,if its very important to you.

I doubt i'd ever stand next to a zombie,regardless of accent they're not real you see.

Right i'm off to watch the hedgehog in the neighbours garden,its doing somersaults while collecting coins.......Amazing

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 Jag85
@saint-george said:

"but realism and authencity are very important for a game to be enjoyed"

Well for a start the game in question has zombies in it.

Then you clearly don't understand how horror works. What makes something scary is when you take a realistic scenario and insert something unrealistic into the scenario. It's that contrast between realism and unrealism that makes it scary.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

Yep! Because I have a fully functional brain.😊

then don't comment on something you have no idea about. I suggest you do watch his speeches. why people are waking up and bring ing him back this election. people realize how much of the media spread lies about him. they keep charging him with fake shit.

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223 Nirgal

@saint-george: so for you, poor voice acting, writing mistakes, low res textures are a part of the fantasy of the game ?

Dude you look like you are digging your heels just to continue the discussion. It's obvious that artistic choices and mistakes are not the same.

Miquella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By Miquella
Member since 2022 • 760 Posts

Meanwhile, you're shooting Asian zombies in RE6 and no one says anything.

VatususReturns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225 VatususReturns
Member since 2021 • 951 Posts

How is the game racist?

Honest question. I'm not black but could some black person explain to me how offended by it they were? I would like to know

Is RE4 racist towards spanish people?

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts
@vatususreturns said:

How is the game racist?

Honest question. I'm not black but could some black person explain to me how offended by it they were? I would like to know

I can give you a straightforward answer to that. The Woke POV sees the world through a lens. A white man killing black people for a wokster is super-racist. As much as the Twilight Episode (Paladin of the lost hour) i mentioned earlier. The lense being Critical Theory, or adjusted to time and place, Critical Race Theory.

What happens when you look at something through a magnifying lens? It gets enlarged to extreme proportions.

My credentials: My favorite pair of breasts are black and some of my ancestors were on the slave ships destined for the americas.

Edit: You can't be racist towards white people. They play the oppressor role. Thesis vs. Antithesis, strong-weak-relationship. Much like a proletarian can't be the capitalist bourgeoisie or discrimination towards the male sex is ignored in todays society.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#227 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59186 Posts

@palasta said:

A white man killing black people for a wokster is super-racist.

Agreed.

Another note as well - later in the game they turn into plant monsters, they technically aren't even black anymore.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 hardwenzen

@vatususreturns said:

How is the game racist?

To have an accurate answer, you must ask this question to a BLACK ZOMBIE and a SPANISH ZOMBIE. Wrong forum to do that.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50618 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@vatususreturns said:

How is the game racist?

To have an accurate answer, you must ask this question to a BLACK ZOMBIE and a SPANISH ZOMBIE. Wrong forum to do that.

Very close minded to assume they don't post here.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By hardwenzen

@Chutebox said:
@hardwenzen said:
@vatususreturns said:

How is the game racist?

Very close minded to assume they don't post here.

🤣

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Jag85

The problem with this whole discourse surrounding RE5 is that it's almost entirely through a Western lens, especially in reference to BLM. However, BLM is specific to American culture and isn't much of a big issue in Africa.

In Africa, the bigger issue is Western imperialism. For example, Western powers exploiting African labour and resources, invading sovereign nations, arming and funding dictatorships, instigating wars and conflicts, etc. And Western media plays a role in justifying said imperialism. That's where the real issue lies.

In RE5, Umbrella is basically a representation of Western imperialism. The way they exploit, colonize and destroy an African nation. There's plenty of room for Capcom to expand on this plot point.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 uninspiredcup

I think the extent of Capcoms thinking is "this will be cool, did you see Black Hawk down?"

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 Jag85

@uninspiredcup: Now that you mention it... RE5 does have some similarities to Black Hawk Down.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Pedro

@gifford38 said:

then don't comment on something you have no idea about. I suggest you do watch his speeches. why people are waking up and bring ing him back this election. people realize how much of the media spread lies about him. they keep charging him with fake shit.

If you want to listen to a moron, that is your prerogative and it also explains a lot.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235 Pedro
@nirgal said:

@Pedro: to address some of your points

1. I never watch Fox news. I am not American, and don't usually consume news in English, and when I do, I prefer non sensationalist sources.

2. I am not sure what you mean when you say: "The history behind African countries and the exploitation of these countries were based on western propaganda to justify hostility towards many of the African countries."

I am not saying it's not as you said. But I need more context to understand this.

3. I think American media tends to export negative views of most other countries world-wide (except North West Europe and japan). But replacing an oversimplified incorrect idea with another one doesn't work and as you can see from internet reactions everyone is aware of how and why it was done and people don't believe it. They may support it or reject it based on their political views but even people that support it don't believe it.

4. I am not asking for a focus on the negative, I am just asking for a authentic representation that includes both positive and negative aspects. The comparison with a sitcom is also not fair. Sitcoms are meant to be relaxed and enjoyable, zombie games are meant to be gritty and dark. The format itself will necessitate some negative aspects to be more on the forefront.

Besides, there is also plenty of negative portrayals of the USA. I tend to follow documentaries about drug addiction and most happen in the USA. (And the places they show are awful)

This doesn't mean they shouldn't include the positive or more developed parts of Africa that do exist. Some of which are unknown or can be surprising. I am myself have a very good friend from the Eastern part of congo, a region famous for civil war, and the dude is a PhD that comes from a middle to high class family. Obviously those regions also exist and should be portrayed.

6. My main point is that an idealized fantasy is both not believable and not appropriate for a game of this kind. An authentic balanced representation, is on the other hand convincing and fair.

7. I have been to south Africa and Kenya myself, I am well aware, sub-saharan Africa is not a single country.

1. I provided information based on your comment. Nothing more.

2. I am not sure what is unclear. European countries exploited African countries and they validated their actions via propaganda of showing African countries as uncivilized, violent and barbaric. You can start with Ethiopia.

3. There is a lot of things being said here with no clarity of origins. What countries are you referring to when you say American media tends to export negative views of most countries? What oversimplified idea is being replaced by another oversimplified idea? What internet reaction has there been for positive views on non-Anglo-Saxon countries?

4. I may have missed a post, but your comments are all focused on the proper negative representation of African countries. Was a positive element you previously stated that you believe should be shown because I may have missed it. The comparison to sitcoms is a fair comparison because Sitcoms are entertainment in the same way games are. Something can be dark and gritty but still positively represent a group, society or country. Documentaries primary focus is to inform not to entertain. The topic is about entertainment not portraying negative elements of the US so deviating to documentaries is an unusual point of reference.

6. I don't know what you are referencing because the discourse was not about an idealize fantasy. The point that I made is that there have been decades of negative portrayals of African nations, having a singular positive against the negatives would be a nice change of pace. You disagree.🤷🏽‍♂️

7. You don't have to be to a country to know it is a country. My comment was the active and perpetual reference to Africa as a unified body by several posters. Anyone can acknowledge Africa being made up of 54 countries but whether they perceive as such can be captured in their words.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#236 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@nirgal: You (Chris Redfield), a white guy, shoot black zombies (You're in Africa).

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#237 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@ghosts4ever: 100%.

I honestly believe Capcom can remake this into a 90+ MC GOTY contender. Not as good as RE4R, obviously, but better than RE3R and about on par with RE2R.

Give the same combat from RE4R (obv. a few combos and different weapons) and vastly improve Sheva's AI for when you are outside of co-op.

Co-op with RE4R style combat? yes pls

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

If you want to listen to a moron, that is your prerogative and it also explains a lot.

listen to a moron so there are plenty of factories in a america making made in a america?

that moron has made more than you and I combined.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 uninspiredcup

Had a big post typed out about who thought came across as legitimately racist in this thread but decided to delete it as felt like a personal attack on Hardware, Pasta and Chute.

Pedro and Jag came across as quite reasonable.

getyeryayasout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#241 getyeryayasout
Member since 2005 • 14009 Posts

Complaints are now being remastered.

palasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By palasta
Member since 2017 • 1407 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Had a big post typed out about who thought came across as legitimately racist in this thread but decided to delete it as felt like a personal attack on Hardware, Pasta and Chute.

But then you decided to post an abridged version anyway? Big, small, it doesn't make the slightest difference, since "you guys" are intellectually unarmed and trapped in this circus, unable to escape your performance. You, the circus-ape, i pity you.

Yesure, call an actual afro-american/ racist towards black people. Genius. Projection much?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 Pedro

@gifford38 said:

listen to a moron so there are plenty of factories in a america making made in a america?

You are suffering from a known side-effect of adhering to moron. Your moron guy had the privilege of a 400+ million support from his dad. None of this matters because someone being rich and someone being a moron isn't mutually exclusive. But, you are subbing to a moron.🤷🏽‍♂️

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 uninspiredcup

@palasta said:
@uninspiredcup said:

But then you decided to post an abridged version anyway? Big, small, it doesn't make the slightest difference, since "you guys" are intellectually unarmed and trapped in this circus, unable to escape your performance. You, the circus-ape, i pity you.

Yesure, call an actual afro-american/ racist towards black people. Genius. Projection much?

Kanye West is the most racist man in existence. The argument that black people can't be racist against black people is ridiculous.

Further, we gave absolutely 0 evidence you are black other than your word. You could be a white kid who most likely watches Tucker Carlson as the bible.

For the record, I am actually black, had a genealogy test and have been confirmed 5% Jamaican.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By Gifford38

@Pedro said:
@gifford38 said:

You are suffering from a known side-effect of adhering to moron. Your moron guy had the privilege of a 400+ million support from his dad. None of this matters because someone being rich and someone being a moron isn't mutually exclusive. But, you are subbing to a moron.🤷🏽‍♂️

that moron was very popular even in the black community until he became president. then people turned on him. heck he was even in fresh prince of bel air.

even the show apprentice which was super popular.

I mean come on look what NY is doing to him 354 million for doing normal business. even the bank said he payed every penny back. yet they are taking his property in NY for nothing.

they are taking his hotel as well. to the fact that banks are leaving NY because of it.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 Pedro

@gifford38: I accept that you are a victim to listening to a moron.