Julian Eggebrecht (factor 5): "there is simply more vision at Sony"

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200702/N07.0208.1857.43468.htm?Page=1

Game Informer: Prior to Lair, Factor 5 worked very closely with Nintendo. Why did you decide to split apart, and was the split amicable?

Julian Eggebrecht: Yeah, the split was extremely amicable—you’ll see me drinking as much with the Nintendo people as with the Sony people (laughs). It’s a small industry, after all, so no bad feelings. It was at the point in time when we saw that we wanted to move on to next-gen. Quite frankly, Nintendo hadn’t made up their plans yet completely. For us, it was simply something where we already saw the initial direction of the Wii slightly, and at the time they hadn’t really completely figured out yet the extent of the motion control and the extent of how much they would be doing with the wand and everything. So it was more about, “We’re going to keep the specs for graphics and sound on the same level, and then we’re going to do something else which is cool.” Quite frankly, if you don’t have the complete stuff in front of you—which they didn’t at the time—that’s a scary proposition for a developer, who’s looking for, “Well, we should go high-definition and 7.1 audio and all of these things.” And so, in 2004, when all of that happened, it was just logical for us to move on there. And that’s how it happened with Nintendo, end of story. We talked to them openly back then, we talked to Sony—we also talked to Microsoft—and Sony really had the whole package. I was blown away, because initially, I was hoping for the motion control that would also be in the PS3. When we had our early talks with Sony, it was basically about our dream system. The dream system included high-definition graphics and definitely larger storage media, which at the time was Blu-ray—that was pretty clear—but also motion control. I was like, “Yeah, they’re probably not going to do anything with the motion control, but oh well. We’ll have to live with that.” That was kind of the final perfect dream come true when it finally happened with the PS3. But yeah, we’re still good friends with Nintendo.

GI: What are your thoughts on the Wii?

Eggebrecht: I love it, absolutely. I mean, I love it as much as the PS3. When I read all of those things about how you have to buy a 360 and a Wii, that’s not true. You have to buy a PS3 and a Wii—that’s the perfect combination.

GI: So why Sony and not Microsoft?

Eggebrecht: On the technology front, there is simply more vision at Sony. By now, there’s now more—if not more, at least equal—vision on the online front. I have to say that. When we talked to Sony and Microsoft at the time, Microsoft was very determined and they delivered very nicely on what they wanted to do with the 360. But even back then, there was the, “Well, 1080p? Well, we don’t know about that. Real high-definition? You know what? Let’s do 720p for the games, mostly.” And they’re doing catch up right now, and they’re doing it quite cleverly. But nevertheless, in the early days you had that as a vibe of the system. What was a killer for me was no HDMI. We had huge fights with Microsoft basically going back and forth about, “Please, please, please, please put an HDMI port in there, because only then can you really see the graphics,” and they said, “No, we’re designing the whole graphics chip around being analog.” And they’re retrofitting it now, trying to catch up with the PS3. But all of that vision was there, right from day one, with the PS3. That was very encouraging. Kutaragi-san, in that sense, is on the technology front, and I don’t think anyone would contest that it’s still the greatest visionary in the industry. So, it made it easy. Sony was the clear-cut, perfect match.

GI: At Factor 5, are you guys Sony second party, or are you free to do whatever you want?

Eggebrecht: We’re an independent, closely aligned with Sony developer. Let’s put it that way. We’re not owned. We’re completely independent. So, we’re like Insomniac, I guess, if you want to make a comparison.

GI: One thing we don’t know much about with Lair is the story. Where did you guys come up with the concept and who created the story. Is there anything you can say about that?

Eggebrecht: The story almost developed at the same time as the basic concept, because when we pitched Lair to Sony, first of all it was about game mechanics. It was the, “Let’s take the strengths that we have, build on a couple of them and apply them to something that hasn’t been done before—which is a good dragon game.” As far as I know, there isn’t one out there in the 25 years of video games.
aliasfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aliasfreak
Member since 2004 • 2878 Posts

[QUOTE="loco145"]

“Well, 1080p? Well, we don’t know about that. Real high-definition? You know what? Let’s do 720p for the games, mostly.” And they’re doing catch up right now, and they’re doing it quite cleverly. But nevertheless, in the early days you had that as a vibe of the system. What was a killer for me was no HDMI. We had huge fights with Microsoft basically going back and forth about, “Please, please, please, please put an HDMI port in there, because only then can you really see the graphics,”

[\QUOTE]

Wow, this guy sounds just like most of the fanboys on here.  I didn't know that I can't really see the graphics with my 720p HDTV.  I guess it really isn't even a "real" HDTV because it isn't 1080p. 

People start talking like this, I ignore.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#3 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts
Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 PowerCharged
Member since 2006 • 1402 Posts
im certainly not interested in gimmicks either.:wink:

factor 5 forgot to say that sony gave them over 30 million to make lair and gave them the same freedom as insomniac.
Nintendo-Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nintendo-Wii
Member since 2006 • 464 Posts
He's just too damn technie, he has no vision, chose the GameCube last gen and now supporting PS3.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

I think Reggie from Nintendo said it right.  HD is still early for this gen - only about 19% of current US homes have a HDTV.  He basically said HD will be for the next generation of consoles.

PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PowerCharged
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.

sony does have more visions on the online front. sony is already distributing full games online and you pay with actual money.
shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts
Obviously he has a deal with Sony or something. He is justifying the wrong decision of going Sony instead of Microsoft.
PowerCharged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PowerCharged

I think Reggie from Nintendo said it right. HD is still early for this gen - only about 19% of current US homes have a HDTV. He basically said HD will be for the next generation of consoles.

sonicare
reggie is wrong because me and friends weren't interested in HD until we got a ps3/360. and i got my 32in bravia a week ago.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 inoperativeRS
Member since 2004 • 8844 Posts
Of course he's going to say the company his company supports is the best one. I find it funny he says Sony had the complete vision when it's obvious they don't have a slightest idea of what they're doing (especially on the online side), while MS clearly had a definite plan from day one. Some of the comments on MS are also really far fetched, like the HDMI, 1080p and blu ray. I can't see any reason they would be relevant to anyone other than Sony's marketing department and movie enthusiasts.
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 loco145
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

I think Reggie from Nintendo said it right. HD is still early for this gen - only about 19% of current US homes have a HDTV. He basically said HD will be for the next generation of consoles.

PowerCharged
reggie is wrong because me and friends weren't interested in HD until we got a ps3/360. and i got my 32in bravia a week ago.

That's a good reason why he's wrong? :roll:
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
(especially on the online side), while MS clearly had a definite plan from day one.inoperativeRS
Because we all know that XBL was an overnight succes /sarcasm
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

PowerCharged

You're in the minority.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
Ridiculous comments. I'm suprised he could say these things with a straight face
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="PowerCharged"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.

sony does have more visions on the online front. sony is already distributing full games online and you pay with actual money.

Online is more than distribution of software. The ps3 doesn't even have a working unified online structure, something the original xbox had almost 5 years ago. I guess you could say Sony has more visions, but they don't mean anything if they can't even get the basic things right. Besides, I've yet to hear anything from Sony that would rival Live anywhere and crossplatform gaming when it comes to visions.
inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"] (especially on the online side), while MS clearly had a definite plan from day one.LongshotX2

I'm talking about the 360, not live. And only because it wasn't successful in the beginning doesn't mean they didn't have a plan.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Felous1
Member since 2006 • 4557 Posts
"Eggebrecht: On the technology front, there is simply more vision at Sony. By now, there’s now more—if not more, at least equal—vision on the online front. I have to say that. When we talked to Sony and Microsoft at the time, Microsoft was very determined and they delivered very nicely on what they wanted to do with the 360. But even back then, there was the, “Well, 1080p? Well, we don’t know about that. Real high-definition? You know what? Let’s do 720p for the games, mostly.” And they’re doing catch up right now, and they’re doing it quite cleverly. But nevertheless, in the early days you had that as a vibe of the system. What was a killer for me was no HDMI. We had huge fights with Microsoft basically going back and forth about, “Please, please, please, please put an HDMI port in there, because only then can you really see the graphics,” and they said, “No, we’re designing the whole graphics chip around being analog.” And they’re retrofitting it now, trying to catch up with the PS3. But all of that vision was there, right from day one, with the PS3. That was very encouraging. Kutaragi-san, in that sense, is on the technology front, and I don’t think anyone would contest that it’s still the greatest visionary in the industry. So, it made it easy. Sony was the clear-cut, perfect match."

My god... this guy is so full of bullcrab... are you sure this guy is not a Sony employee ?
loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 loco145
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="PowerCharged"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.

Online is more than distribution of software. The ps3 doesn't even have a working unified online structure, something the original xbox had almost 5 years ago. I guess you could say Sony has more visions, but they don't mean anything if they can't even get the basic things right. Besides, I've yet to hear anything from Sony that would rival Live anywhere and crossplatform gaming when it comes to visions.

Tha'ts not necessary better, you know? Some people like more options and freedom.
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts
[QUOTE="LongshotX2"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"] (especially on the online side), while MS clearly had a definite plan from day one.inoperativeRS

I'm talking about the 360, not live. And only because it wasn't successful in the beginning doesn't mean they didn't have a plan.

It's the same thing with PSN. You people just criticize it and it's only been working for like 4 months or something. That brings bad mojo,cat.
Ollivander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ollivander
Member since 2005 • 1975 Posts
[QUOTE="Felous1"]"Eggebrecht: On the technology front, there is simply more vision at Sony. By now, there’s now more—if not more, at least equal—vision on the online front. I have to say that. When we talked to Sony and Microsoft at the time, Microsoft was very determined and they delivered very nicely on what they wanted to do with the 360. But even back then, there was the, “Well, 1080p? Well, we don’t know about that. Real high-definition? You know what? Let’s do 720p for the games, mostly.” And they’re doing catch up right now, and they’re doing it quite cleverly. But nevertheless, in the early days you had that as a vibe of the system. What was a killer for me was no HDMI. We had huge fights with Microsoft basically going back and forth about, “Please, please, please, please put an HDMI port in there, because only then can you really see the graphics,” and they said, “No, we’re designing the whole graphics chip around being analog.” And they’re retrofitting it now, trying to catch up with the PS3. But all of that vision was there, right from day one, with the PS3. That was very encouraging. Kutaragi-san, in that sense, is on the technology front, and I don’t think anyone would contest that it’s still the greatest visionary in the industry. So, it made it easy. Sony was the clear-cut, perfect match."

My god... this guy is so full of bullcrab... are you sure this guy is not a Sony employee ?

I completely agree.
casinater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 casinater
Member since 2006 • 371 Posts

yeah....blurred vision....haha :P

inoperativeRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inoperativeRS
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="LongshotX2"][QUOTE="inoperativeRS"] (especially on the online side), while MS clearly had a definite plan from day one.LongshotX2

It's the same thing with PSN. You people just criticize it and it's only been working for like 4 months or something. That brings bad mojo,cat.

So it's not Sony's fault they're late? If they had started with PSN on the ps2 like MS did with live on the original xbox, they probably would have a service of equal quality. Instead, they wait and this is what happens. PSN is by no means worse than Live was back in 2002, but compared to Live on the 360 it doesn't cut it. [QUOTE="loco145"] Tha'ts not necessary better, you know? Some people like more options and freedom.

That's true. But if you want real freedom you should be a pc gamer anyway.
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MyopicCanadian
[QUOTE="inoperativeRS"][QUOTE="PowerCharged"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.

Well, I take back what I said. Sony definately does have more "vision" with their online, mainly because it's dreams of the future to integrate things that XBL has had for years.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

I agree that Sony has way more vision than MS.  MS has never in the history of their existence been known for their fresh, original ideas.  Their strength has always been with taking other people's ideas and bundling with Windows.  Everything they do that isn't windows connected has failed.

Having said that...the problem with SOny right now is their vision is too far into the future when gamers want something more imediate.  It doesn't do gamers today  much good if Sony released a console with plans for 10 years down the road.  Especially if Sony expects people to pay a huge cost today for promises tomorrow.

Basically, Sony has a better "vision" but seems to have been blind to what is right in front of their noses.

Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Felous1
[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"] Well, I take back what I said. Sony definately does have more "vision" with their online, mainly because it's dreams of the future to integrate things that XBL has had for years.

lol
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts
I only assign credibility to developerss working on multiplats.  Obviously, a developer making a ps3 game only will support the ps3.  Half these comments they make crack me up, because the developer almost sounds like a fanboy.
AvinashTyagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AvinashTyagi
Member since 2005 • 4433 Posts
Translation: "We love Sony because of the big money hats they give us"
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Felous1"][QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"] Well, I take back what I said. Sony definately does have more "vision" with their online, mainly because it's dreams of the future to integrate things that XBL has had for years.

lol

HAHA. You save me the trouble of having to point that out myself. Microsoft is years ahead of Sony. Apparantly the ps3 has vision because they put out a system a year late with an inferior gpu, a 360 caliber processor performance-wise, and an obvious ploy to shove their new format down people's throats.
Felous1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Felous1
I only assign credibility to developerss working on multiplats. .Dr_DudeMan
Jaffe is a cool honest first-party developer. Even though he's a little biased. (Which first-party isn't, though?)
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
wow i detected a lot of PR mumbo jumbo in that interview. he's really hoping that the ps3 and his game does well.
Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Dr_DudeMan
[QUOTE="Dr_DudeMan"]I only assign credibility to developerss working on multiplats. .Felous1
Jaffe is a cool honest first-party developer. Even though he's a little biased. (Which first-party isn't, though?)

Read the post right below yours, that is why I think that Jaffe has no credibility either.
HeedleGlavin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 HeedleGlavin
Member since 2005 • 15373 Posts

I think Reggie from Nintendo said it right.  HD is still early for this gen - only about 19% of current US homes have a HDTV.  He basically said HD will be for the next generation of consoles.

sonicare
Agreed. Next generation, when the majority of households own and use HDTVs - Nintendo will release an HD-capable console. A genius move on Nintendo's part, IMO. To the TC: the devs at Factor 5 are moronic. Sony has more vision? More horsepower, compared to an entirely new control scheme? Furthermore, they supported the GC last generation - even when the XBox was the most powerful console. Eggebrecht's garbage dosen't hold water.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
I guess we know who signs his paychecks. can't be mad at that. just gotta eat the meat and spit out the bones. can't expect a dude to trash the company whos money keeps his family fed and sheltered.
Moonlight-AB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Moonlight-AB
Member since 2006 • 648 Posts

isn't it weird when devs make good comments on 360 and bad-mouth PS3 you guys are like "ZOMG 360 pawns PS3" but when a developer makes great comments on PS3 and bad-mouths 360 you assume they are dumb and ridiculous.

STOP your fanboyism

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts

once a console fails to meet expectations you start hearing words like "potential" and "vision"....

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MyopicCanadian

isn't it weird when devs make good comments on 360 and bad-mouth PS3 you guys are like "ZOMG 360 pawns PS3" but when a developer makes great comments on PS3 and bad-mouths 360 you assume they are dumb and ridiculous.

STOP your fanboyism

Moonlight-AB
Come on, you have to admit that all those comments are off-base. It makes about as much sense as stepping in while bringing your arm back to punch.
REVENGEotSITH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 REVENGEotSITH
Member since 2003 • 3938 Posts
I don't want to bash Factor 5 too much, but to quibble over 1080p vs 720p as the deciding factor as to whether you go with Sony or Microsoft is frivilous.  Very few consumers, let alone games, will have 1080p, so why even use this as a reason to go with one over the other?  If only 18-20% of consumers even have an HDTV, how many have a 1080p HDTV?  Less than 1%?  If you are making a business decision based on a 1% factor, then you are flat-out a stupid businessman.
Truth_Hurts_U

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38 Truth_Hurts_U
Member since 2006 • 9703 Posts

Wow... That guys sounds like a total noob. I rather have VGA support (360) then not have it (PS3). Even if you don't have a HDTV you can use your PC monitor. VGA > HDMI

Whats the big deal with 1080p this gen...? Most games in 1080p look like garbage compared to 720p games. 2010 is the gen that should focus attention to 1080p. Not now.

No wonder PS3 games are garbage. They got the worst Dev's.

castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 castlevaniaX
Member since 2004 • 547 Posts

STOP your fanboyism

Moonlight-AB
QFT
Warfust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#40 Warfust
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts
Translation: "We love Sony because of the big money hats they give us"AvinashTyagi
Exactly, some of that was honest and some was blatant PR.
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts
Eh. I think he's a little wrong with the whole "real HD" and "you need HDMI" . . .it sounds like he got that right out of a Sony executive handbook. Also. . .what's with his analog comment? Microsoft confirmed that there's digital out on a 360. His "motion sensing on the PS3" comment was pretty laughable as well. Other than being grossly wrong on a few points (most of the interview) it's good to hear he's still on good terms with Nintendo.
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.MyopicCanadian

You don't care because your consoles doesn't supportit!!!!:roll:

And try reading the freaking article.........FUTURE!!!!

Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

Eh. I think he's a little wrong with the whole "real HD" and "you need HDMI" . . .it sounds like he got that right out of a Sony executive handbook. Also. . .what's with his analog comment? Microsoft confirmed that there's digital out on a 360. His "motion sensing on the PS3" comment was pretty laughable as well. Other than being grossly wrong on a few points (most of the interview) it's good to hear he's still on good terms with Nintendo.mythrol

So  now you know more than the developer.....:lol:

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MyopicCanadian

[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.Ericvon71

I dont care because my display doesn't support it :)
mythrol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 mythrol
Member since 2005 • 5237 Posts

[QUOTE="mythrol"]Eh. I think he's a little wrong with the whole "real HD" and "you need HDMI" . . .it sounds like he got that right out of a Sony executive handbook. Also. . .what's with his analog comment? Microsoft confirmed that there's digital out on a 360. His "motion sensing on the PS3" comment was pretty laughable as well. Other than being grossly wrong on a few points (most of the interview) it's good to hear he's still on good terms with Nintendo.Ericvon71

So now you know more than the developer.....:lol:

Where'd I say that? Also, he's a developer, not a technology guru. "True HD" and "you need HDMI" are both Sony marketing ploys. . .first off, HDMI is not the clear cut winner in REAL LIFE application. And even more importantly, DVI is identical to HDMI just without the DRM built into it. HDMI is nothing more than something that Sony Motion Pictures and the other major movie studios are trying to push onto consumers. And the "True HD" comment is just laughable. You never heard people saying, "EDTV. . .the TRUE SDTV". Because it was simply stupid to say something like that. Once you hit HD, you're in HD there is nothing that's "truer HD" than something that already IS HD. That's like saying, I passed my TRUER by scoring a 99/100, instead of a 95/100. The fact is both are still passing grades and both are A's. Maybe you should learn more about technology before blindly believing what a developer says on a subject that he isn't obviously very knowledgable with.
DaddyDC650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 DaddyDC650
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

Come on 360 fanboys, just admit the ownage for once! =P Pretty funny how everything the developer said was all bs just because he bashed the 360.... rrrrrrrright. Pwned?

tango90101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tango90101
Member since 2006 • 5977 Posts
[QUOTE="Ericvon71"]

[QUOTE="MyopicCanadian"]Those are ridiculous comments... who cares about 1080p and HDMI when hardly anyone actually utilizes these things? And Sony has more vision on the online front?!?! I can't believe a DEVELOPER is saying this. Considering how crappy Lair is starting to look, I can't believe they're bringing up the 1080p part. Maybe they should've left it at 720p and worked on better detail instead of higher res.MyopicCanadian

I dont care because my display doesn't support it :)

neither do 99.999% of all tvs..... ;)

edeasknight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 edeasknight
Member since 2004 • 1222 Posts
this, friends, is what we call 'keeping up appearances'
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts
[QUOTE="sonicare"]

PowerCharged

Yeah same for me, i wasnt interested in HD before but with 360 i felt it was needed to get HDtv. Btw nice brand, i got 32" bravia too :)

jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

Sony DOES have more vision.  Haven't you heard?  The PS3 has 4D gaming!!!!!!!