Lord Nefarius owns all WoW Players!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FoamingPanda
Member since 2003 • 2567 Posts

Lord Victor Nefarius says:  "Do you expect me to cower before the mighty legion of YOU?"

"You are nothing to me. Less than nothing. Had I desired your head, it would have been presented to me on a pike."

"You have made the mistake that all mortals make."

"Time does strange things to those that use it as a form of currency."

Player says, "I’ve made no mistakes."

In your rush to glory, you assumed that the pace of the game revolved around your actions. Can you even fathom how preposterous that sounds to a being like me? A being that if so inclined could cause your own insignificant thoughts to crush the peanut sized mass of grey matter floating within your skull.

You have lost your mind, Nefarius. You speak in riddles.

It is simple really! Allow me to summarize:

In this world where time is your enemy, it is my greatest ally. This grand game of life that you think you play in fact plays you. To that I say…  Let the games begin!

Can you figure out how Nefarius completely owned all WoW players who kept playing after they beat his encounter, and how he mocks everyone who plays the game?  For those that don't know, Lord Nef was the hardest boss in the game several months ago -- he was an extremely difficult enemy because he reacted to the cliche modes of play that typifies most MMORPGs.
tooELEET

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 tooELEET
Member since 2006 • 265 Posts
Nah he was easy, I never did get my Judgement chest though. :(  Ah well I'm done WoW for good now.
acekall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 acekall
Member since 2003 • 3676 Posts
who the F is Victor Nefarius??:|
FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 FoamingPanda

You aren't thinking.  Sure, you can kill Nef.  But you can never beat him.

Re-read his text and think about it.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 FoamingPanda

who the F is Victor Nefarius??:|acekall

For those that don't know, Lord Nef was the hardest boss in the game several months ago -- he was an extremely difficult enemy because he reacted to the cliche modes of play that typifies most MMORPGs.

(sorry for the weird colors, gamespot is being difficult).

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

You need time to dedicate to the game to get any where and establish yourself in the "game world", thus making time your enemy. Meanwhile Blizzard, aka "Lord Nefarius", uses time to syphon money from your wallet, thus their ally.

My take anyway.

FoamingPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FoamingPanda

Thank you, poster above.

I can't see how anyone can play WoW when a boss EXPLICITLY tells the player that they can NEVER win or progress in the game.

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

Thank you, poster above.

I can't see how anyone can play WoW when a boss EXPLICITLY tells the player that they can NEVER win or progress in the game.

FoamingPanda

I never played WOW or any MMO for exactly that reason. I found it ironic that such dialog exists in the game actually, since it hits the nail on the head on why I don't play the games to begin with.

Nice find, good thread, thanks :)

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Thank you, poster above.

FoamingPanda

You can never beat Tetris. And in fact, progress is detrimental because it only makes the game harder by going faster and faster. And for what? An arbitrary score. But people play it anyways due to the "illusion of progression". In fact it wouldnt be much of a stretch to say its the most popular game ever.